Shower Glass and Mirrors

Dr. Shower Door & Mirror LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2010

7936 E 46th St

Indianapolis, IN 46226

Dr. Shower Door & Mirror, LLC are shower door specialists with 25 years experience and can turn your bathroom from dull to dazzling at competitive pricing. We have a state of the art showroom that is available to give you that perfect customization....

01/19/2022

Ivette N.

I called Dr Shower Door & Mirror LLC back in Feb. of 2020. They came to inspect, level, and measure the area to give me an estimate. As the experts that they are (or so I thought) they should have guided me to have my door opening on the left side since the slope where the water goes to the drain goes down from left to right. Ever since they installed the door I am left with leakage every single time we take a shower. I called them right after they installed it but they told me that it was the fault of the guys that did my bathroom that left that slope that way, however they came to inspect, level and measure to give me an estimate, they were aware of that slope and could have and should have made the recomendation of the best placement of the door to avoid the permanet leakage every time we take a shower. If they would have placed the opening door on the left it would avoid the leakage since the water would run down the the side of the door that is put in place and sealed permanently avoiding a leakage. I'm no expert and this was my very first time remodeling my bathroom and adding a glass door but now I am completely aware of how important the placement of the opening door is. I just wish I would have know that before. Even after that terrible experience I still hadn't taken the time to write a review but today being 1/19/22 after speaking with the secretary I found a terrible customer service provided. On 1/7/22 I requested a vinyl seal for the side of the door to which she said would be no charge for and that she would mail it out for me. Well I was waiting for it and in the mean time dealing with leakage just to find out today that she never sent it and was charging me $10 for shipping today after she had said would be free before. That is when I decided to write a review and make everyone aware of how not so expert they are and their secretary's terrible customer service skills. I would not ever use them nor would I recommend them to anyone because of the two reasons above.

Description of Work
Installed Shower Door Enclosure Plus Shower Protectant

Category bathtub refinishing, glass repair, home remodeling, doors

Dr. Shower Door & Mirrors would like to apologize for your unhappiness with our service. As a shower door specialist since 2009, we take our process very seriously. These are some of our standard practices. -All glass is custom cut to each non-square opening -The majority of jobs Dr. Shower Door measures have non-square openings -Dr. Shower Door installs glass in non-square openings daily -The most common location for a frameless shower door is hinged on the faucet wall, to allow you to turn on water without stepping into the shower -Dr. Shower Door frameless products include clear polycarbonate gaskets to alleviate leakage -On rare occasions, the clear polycarbonate gaskets are insufficient to stop water flow. In such an instance, Dr. Shower Door provides and installs a water dam strip. This is a small component that is placed under the door. There is no cost for this and is part of our service. In February 2020, Dr. Shower Door installed a frameless shower enclosure for client. In May 2020, client called reporting a leak, and upon request, Dr. Shower Door sent a technician and found water flow to be overwhelming the clear polycarbonate gasket. The technician explained the situation and advised the addition of a water dam strip under the door. However, the client did not like this solution and refused installation of the water dam. While Dr. Shower Door respects the client’s right to refuse, the Dr. Shower Door proposal submitted to client specifically states that to prevent leakage, we install water dams as needed. In December 2020, Dr. Shower door replaced the bottom gasket per client request. As far as ordering parts, Dr. Shower door apologizes for the confusion. The client ordered two parts, one being no charge and the other being $10. Dr. Shower Door had the order marked for customer pickup. The client was expecting the free part to be shipped at no charge. Dr. Shower Door does not offer free shipping. Nothing was charged to the client’s credit card.

10/14/2021

David H.

It was very good. It was a custom built frame glass shower, semi-frameless shower door. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They put in a new custom shower glass and frame.

Category picture framing, glass repair

03/09/2021

Steve H.

Extremely disappointed. Purchased shower enclosure from Lowes and they subcontracted this Dr. Showerdoor to install. Door has leaked from the onset. They came out once and put on a new seal. Called them back and they said they no longer install for Lowes and they would not honor their work. My next step is back to Lowes. Very disappointed this subcontractor wouldn't make it right. I even offered to pay them since it is more that a year old. Lady was not very pleasant on the phone. Would NOT recommend.

Description of Work
Shower enclosure

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Mr. [Member Name Removed] purchased a Shower Door from LOWE'S Not Dr. Shower Door. Dr. Shower Door Installed a Shower Door for LOWE'S on 5-2-2018 at Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s home. Both the Shower Door & the Installation come with a One Year Warranty - available through LOWE'S. Mr. [Member Name Removed] called Dr. Shower Door on 3-18-2021 to schedule a Service Call on the Shower Door. Dr. Shower Door referred Mr. [Member Name Removed] to LOWE'S, since that is where the Shower Door was purchased. Mr. [Member Name Removed] stated we should Service, since we did Installation. Dr. Shower Door again referred Mr. [Member Name Removed] to LOWE'S and told him Dr. Shower Door does NOT service Shower Doors that we don't sell. Mr. [Member Name Removed] then wrote the negative review. Mr. [Member Name Removed] is another unhappy LOWE'S customer, yet Dr. Shower Door gets the F. This is exact reason why Dr. Shower Door discontinued business with LOWE'S.

08/28/2018

BARRY K.

Obtained an appointment for estimate within a week and quote was sent to me later that day. Upon acceptance I was told it would take about 2 weeks for the new door to arrive. Fortunately, it came in less time and my appointment was scheduled quickly. The installers came timely and were finished in about an hour. Door looks great and very pleased with replacement.

Description of Work
Replaced existing shower

08/07/2018

Siyuan H.

this project was initiated last year, everything went very smoothly at the beginning: the technician came for the measurement on time, quote was generated fast at a very competitive price. but when I tried to get it finalized this year, everything becomes horrible. not sure if they hired new employees or they are having bad days when I contacted. the representative absolutely showed no care, and it was so hard to get anything scheduled. after waiting for a week, one tech came out to our house, and stayed for 2 mins or so? he left before my wife was able to get to the door. and when I called back, they gave me two middle of the day appointments or to wait for another week to get any after work appointment time slots. maybe they are doing really well and don't care that much about small projects like mine (1700 shower enclosure). Anyway, I heard good things from my friend about them in the past. but I definitely do not have good experience with them.

Description of Work
frameless shower enclosure

Category bathtub refinishing, glass repair

I would like to note no work was ever performed for client. We gave client a proposal December 2017. As far as a second trip to meet his wife no one at this company knows anything about that and it is not on any estimators schedule. When client did call for us to come back out it was scheduled for a mid afternoon appointment with a call ahead. Estimator called and said he would be there at 2:15, client said he couldn't be there until 3:00, estimator waited until 3:30 , unsuccessfully tried to contact client and left. At 4:00 client called estimator and asked if he could come back out that day and was told no he would have to reschedule. Client did not like this response. As to this being too small a project all we do is shower doors so this is our typical project. This C and our three F grades have all been from clients where no work was performed.

03/20/2018

Judy G.

Well done. Did not clean up work scraps before leaving but installation was good.

Description of Work
Sliding shower doors installed

02/04/2018

Nikolai B.

These guys did very good job installing a sliding glass door in our guest bathroom. Everything went very well and I would hire them again in future.

Description of Work
Installing sliding glass doors in guest bathroom

11/22/2017

Carole E.

Excellent - couldn't have asked for better!

Description of Work
new shower door and enclosure

Category bathtub refinishing

11/22/2017

Carole E.

Excellent. We were amazed with the precise measuring which was required since walls are not squared! Finished product is an exact fit.

Description of Work
Shower Door replacement

10/20/2017

JIM AND ANGIE B.

Initial installation was on time. After installing the frame they were ready to install the shower doors. I noticed a scratch on the door when they were bringing it in the house to install. They had to order a new set of doors which pushed the completion into the end of the next week. They called when the new doors were in and completed the job. The caulking was neat and they were respectful of our property.

Description of Work
Furnish and install fully framed bypass shower door.

09/28/2017

Chris P.

Dr. Shower installed a seemless glass shower enclosure in my master bathroom. Quote was competitive and visiting their showroom allowed us to see various options. Installation was as scheduled. Installers were professional and courteous. I did have an issue with water overspraying on the floor; but, contacted the owner (Bill) and he came out and went over options to correct the issue. Would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Dr. Shower installed a seemless glass shower enclosure in my master bathroom.

09/13/2017

Sarah M.

We decided we wanted frameless shower doors in our newly built home. The builder wanted to charge us $4-5,000 to do so, so we just didn't have them put doors up and hired Dr. Shower instead. The doors were costly, but they are one of my favorite things in our new house. They look amazing. Both the person that came to measure for the doors and the people that came to install them were on time and did a great job. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Installed frameless shower doors in a new home.

09/02/2017

Tony & Anthony D.

They did an amazing job! They double checked everything from start to finish!

Description of Work
We had them install mirrors for our dance studio

09/01/2017

Cathy K.

They no longer wobble. Two man crew came out and were in and out in 30 minutes. They cleaned up after themselves. They were great. Would use them again.

Description of Work
They came in and added a bar across the top to make the doors secure.

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

08/24/2017

Lourdes C.

Excellent! Shower Doctor arrived promptly and installed same day

Description of Work
Had shower doors installed that I purchased at HD

07/15/2017

EDWARD & CINDY C.

They are excellent. There was one thing they had to fix and they came out and did it. They were the only ones who could do the shower door that we needed. They came back when there was a little bit of a problem with the ledge and they fixed it. It is the only one in town, so their price was okay.

Description of Work
It was the bathroom remodeling.

Category home remodeling

05/25/2017

Thomas H.

Great service. Very good workmanship --- professionals!

Description of Work
Replace shower door

05/22/2017

Karen M.

Great service and beautiful door, very pleased and would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced custom shower door.

05/03/2017

Linda B.

Prompt, efficient. Initial problems with fitting as shower had a curved edge on 2 sides. Refitted, very happy with results

Description of Work
Large 3 piece glass shower door

04/12/2017

Robb H.

I found them on Angie's List and emailed to them to set up an estimate. Ron came out to take measurements and left some product brochures. I also went to their showroom to look more closely at product options. I ordered the shower door for my daughter's bathroom which took about a week to come in. I scheduled the installation and the crew came out to install. They removed and hauled away the old one and installed the new one. Everything went smoothly. Crew was on time and worked quickly. New doors look great. Mirrors were removed from the walls during this trip and hauled away. After the new shower was completed in the master bathroom, Ron came back out to measure the shower. Same as before the shower materials took about a week to come in. The installation was scheduled and went smoothly. Crew was on time and worked quickly and cleanly. Master bathroom shower looks great.

Description of Work
I hired Dr. Shower Door & Mirror to replace the shower doors in my daughter's bathroom, standard by-pass doors on tub/shower insert, and the install a frame-less enclosure in our newly remodeled master bathroom shower. I also had them remove the large wall mirrors in each bathroom.

04/07/2017

LaVerne J.

They're pricey, but they're high quality. He wouldn't measure until they were completely done with my new shower. He did the measurements on March 13th, and said it was a 1-2 week turn around. They called the day the shower doors were ready, and came out the next day. They were installed on March 23rd, and they were able to get everything done within a few hours. He was very efficient, and you could really tell he knew what he was doing. The clear tempered glass is about 3/8" thick and 78" high, and I love my new shower doors. The rollers are at the top of the door, and only one part of it moves. They roll very smoothly and are just wonderful and fit so well with the shower. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
He came out to install new shower doors for me after I got my cultured marble shower installed.

04/05/2017

Sara F.

It was not an easy request, as the person who lived in my house before me installed the door upside down and backward, not to mention it is nowhere near square. They came out and installed new seals and a threshold and slowed the leak down to almost nothing. Several other contractors were unable to come up with a solution, but Dr. Shower Door came up with a solution and it seems to have worked.

Description of Work
They stopped my frameless shower door from leaking.

Category glass repair, home remodeling

I am so glad we could take care of this for you. Thank you for your business! Bill Smith

03/23/2017

Susan L.

Very happy with the new door. Their service was great!

Description of Work
New shower door.

03/21/2017

Melody S.

They were great. The price was fine. It was a gal who scheduled and 2 guys came out. They were fine.

Description of Work
They came out and put my shower door in.

03/20/2017

KELLY F.

Excellent- great workmanship at a reasonable price

Description of Work
Installed new show glass door