David Schulz

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 1998

GENERAL HANDYMAN SERVICE SINCE 1988 - - Owner operated. One assistant. We charge a reasonable hourly rate. We do only residential work for homeowners. Super Service Award for the past 13 years. CONTACT ONLY BY OFFICE PHONE : 317-255-1390. WE DO NOT REPLY TO POSTED MESSAGES OR ONLINE REQUESTS FOR ESTIMATES. Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting, Pressure washing, plaster & drywall. REPAIR OF: Roofing, Ceramic tile, Fencing, Decks. COVID - 19 - Exercising caution, we abide by the current local, state and CDC guidelines and urge homeowners to the same. ...

handyman (227)plumbers (25)door installation (20)woodworking (19)electrician (19)drywall (15)lighting (14)fence company (13)general contractors (12)interior painting (9)cabinet refacing (8)gutter repair (6)

09/12/2022

Mike P.

It was very good. He was involved with the work. He exceeded my expectations. He worked side by side by with his crew. Everything he said came true. He finished the work in the time frame.I would recommend to everyone who needed handymen. I was sure he would accomplised it. He was skilled for home repairs.His prices was affordable.

Description of Work
He fixed me deck.

Category decks

Work Completed On 09/12/2022

08/27/2022

philip M.

Dave and his assistant were hardworking and earnest. They were working on it from 8:00am to noon. I believe they did the best they could, but the quality is poor. I initially thought I would do the work myself, but thought I would hire someone for a professional job and not a DIY version. I spent $500 for a job that's really poor quality. I get the sense they knew it as well as they didn't even ask if I was happy with the work before they left, just handed me an invoice, took the check and left. They tore out the threshold and replaced it with carpet transitions and they attached door sweeps into both sides of the door in order to "seal" it up. They left a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gaps at the bottom of the door. The bottom of the door opening after removing the threshold isn't level, but I was able to purchase a new threshold, level it, and attach it to better seal the door. But if I remove the sweeps I now holes in the steel door that I need to patch some how. The deadbolt hardware was left loose as well. Hanging doors can be tricky and I think these guys were in over their heads on this one. I would go a different direction moving forward.

Description of Work
Hung an exterior slab door.

Category doors

Cost $570.22

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

08/19/2022

Don H.

David answered the phone when I called and we scheduled a time for the work. He and his assistant did excellent work as the doors had to be trimmed to fit the door frames. They were very efficient and I would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Installation of screen doors to a screened in porch

Work Completed On 08/08/2022

02/17/2022

Andy M.

David and his team are outstanding. Good communicator, very reasonable pricing, and someone you can trust. We have used David for a number of home improvement projects and have always been impressed with the quality of his work.

Description of Work
basement remodeling

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

12/15/2021

Steven D.

Just like Mary Poppins -- "Practically Perfect in Every Way" or better said "Perfect in Every Way."

Description of Work
Caulked kitchen sink; installed backdoor seal; got rid of infestation of beatles.

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

12/10/2021

Marti S.

Great, he was prompt, helpful, and the finished work is fine.

Description of Work
Grab bars and hose shower attachment in bathroom

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

07/22/2021

EDWARD S.

It was excellent. It was a two days job. They were very much in time. They were very professional. They knew exactly what they were doing and they did it. I would recommend and use them again.

Description of Work
They power washed the patio and deck. They re-stained the deck.

Category decks, pressure washing

Work Completed On 07/21/2021

05/18/2021

Bette D.

He replied immediately after we called he scheduled the service for today. Arrived on time with his crew. Very professional and with a fair price

Description of Work
Removal of ceiling tiles.

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

04/23/2021

Anne H.

Great job! It was slow and meticulous work to pull decades and layers of various caulk off. David brought in his son to help. I picked David from all of the very strong, positive reviews here. They are wonderful humans in general and take their work quality very seriously, specifically. David does have a few physical limitations but he's upfront about those so while I won't be able to use him for every item on my "get fixed" list, I won't hesitate to call him for most things in the future! In addition, he recommended several other people for various projects I have that required certain expertise - folks he trusts to do good work. Great help!

Description of Work
replacing caulk around bathtub

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

04/07/2021

Mike L.

David was a delight to work with and I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Oven repair

Category contractors

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

12/16/2020

LEE & JUDINA B.

He was reasonable and great. He was an honest person. He was nice. He did good work. He was reliable. He came when he said he would come. He was a good guy.

Description of Work
He put in 2 shower bars.

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

12/11/2020

LARRY F.

This was my second experience with David. Again great work. Whenever I need additional help ... he's still the guy I'll call.

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling light units

Category contractors, electrician

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

12/09/2020

Jennifer D.

Punctual and polite. Brought replacement boards. Needed to come back the next day to finish. Did a few extra fixes as needed. Professional. The boards look good.

Description of Work
Several deck boards were rotting and needed replacement.

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

11/23/2020

LARRY F.

Excellent. Very satisfied. Plan on using for additional work.

Description of Work
Installed new front screen door. Replaced outdoor lighting.

Category electrician, cabinet refacing, doors

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

11/18/2020

Nives V.

Great! He responded to my call the same day and he and Dillon addressed the issue quickly and I was very comfortable with Mr Schulz’s knowledge and approach to the problem. And the price was very reasonable!

Description of Work
Stabilized a bent light post

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

11/11/2020

Don M.

David was very communicative. He would text me when he was going to arrive that day or if he would be late. If I would email or text him, he responded in short order. He picked up the doors I ordered and delivered them to my house for half of what it would have cost if the store had done it. Got into a little more work than we anticipated due to some additional rot but he got it handled. The storm door install had a couple of small issues but he fixed that as soon as I brought it to his attention. Good guy! I would have him again.

Description of Work
Replaced a door, rotted frame & some subfloor. Also installed a storm door.

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 11/10/2020

11/03/2020

Linda P.

Great! David and his son are very professional - I was impressed by his knowledge and organization prior to them even doing work. On the day scheduled they arrived on time and worked through the projects very efficiently. Count me a fan!

Description of Work
Take down old basketball goal, install screen door, fix toilet and install new faucet.

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

10/29/2020

GARY & SUSIE N.

David did a great job. He had some good ideas on how to repair our fence gates. He and Dillon were prompt and stayed with project until completed. All of the work was done to our satisfaction. We would definitely hire again. Gary Nelson

Description of Work
Fence gate repair

Category contractors, handyman service, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/12/2020

James & Bonnie S.

I had an estimate for replacing the hinges (many of which were not allowing the cabinets to close) from when I was thinking of replacing countertops and backsplash in the kitchen. I decided not to go with that work, but still needed the hinge replacement. David Schulz replaced the hinges for around half the price quoted.

Description of Work
Replacing all the hinges on my kitchen and laundry room cabinets.

Category cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/09/2020

ann B.

David returned my call same day and inquired about work. David and his son Dillon came out right away to start jobs next day. They did a fantastic job on all items , payed attention to detail, worked through all my challenges, and were polite, pleasant, responsive, and efficient. prices were fair and they explained options and solutions. David has a vast knowledge of home improvement and was very honest. I enjoyed working with them and will be using them again

Description of Work
I had a list of over a dozen odd jobs, install light fixtures, install new doors, build mailbox, fix wood trim, install handrail,level dishwasher, create a room to lock up my german shepherd, etc ..

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

10/06/2020

John T.

No complaints. Mr Schulz was very helpful and he made several cost saving suggestions. THE BEST! He and his son, Dylan worked together flawlessly and cut the completion time in half.

Description of Work
Various. light fixtures replaced, painting, removal of old furniture, built ramp into rear door, repair storm door, replaced several floodlights, install dusk to dawn sensor, upgraded all lights to LED's, replaced pole farm light, replaced wireless doorbell

Category handyman service, lighting, home & garage organization

Cost $685.5

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

10/03/2020

KAY Q.

David was very responsive and returned my call promptly. Lumber has been in short supply due to the coronavirus, but he checked around to find the proper sized lumber that was needed. He and son son did a great job. If there was any change in appointment times, he always checked with me.

Description of Work
I had a rotting wood threshold along a sliding glass door that was causing rainwater to leak in.

Work Completed On 10/03/2020