Darrings Detail

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 1997

1415 W 86th St

Indianapolis, IN 46260

Darrings Detail is conveniently located between Jiffy Lube and Village Pantry on the southwest corner of 86th and Ditch road. You can relax in our cozy lobby with a warm fire place, flat screen TV, and free Wi-fi. We provide auto detailing, paintless dent removal, window tinting, clear bra, and more....

11/20/2019

Pamela S C.

Darrings Detail repaired the bad dent in the hood of my 2007 Honda Accord using their paintless dent repair to perfection. I can't tell at all where the dent was on the hood. I'm so thrilled to have found Darrings Detail. Rod the owner and John were wonderful to deal with. Very professional and courteous. The work was done in about 3 hrs.! I will spread the word about the wonderful work they do. Their price was fair too!

Description of Work
Paintless Dent Repair

06/07/2016

Greg B.

I primarily worked with Rod, the owner. He was great to work with and went out of his way to work me into the schedule. He made sure I was 100% happy with the work that was done. I would definitely use Darring's Detail again for future vehicles.

Description of Work
I had Darring's Detail apply Clear Bra protective paint film to the front end of my new vehicle.

Category auto detailing, auto painting

03/28/2016

Steve C.

I originally thought the mess was dried blood on my cloth seats so the plan was I would stop by the next day and he would spray the seat with enzyme protein stain remover. Then I would drive the car for about a day and let the protein stain remover eat the dried blood. I would then stop back in his shop and he would shampoo the seat where the spots were. As it turned out, Mr. Darring determined that it was not dried blood: and he was able to clean up the mess in 15-20 minutes. The seat didn't show any sign of a stain after he had finished. It didn't take long. It was very reasonable: and I was certainly a very happy and satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Cleaned a mess in the back seat on passenger side

04/24/2015

Jeff W.

Rod is very personable and detailed oriented. The results were great and I'd highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Tinted the front two windows of my SUV to match all other windows.

Category auto detailing, window tinting

03/24/2015

Thomas K.

s, I contacted Rod Darring about applying paint protection film to our new lexus. He quickly responded with recommendations and cost for a couple of different options. We ended up doing partial hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors, and door cups. He had the vehicle for a about 2 days. We picked up the vehicle this afternoon and could not be more impressed - a flawless job. We'll be scheduling my wife's car over the coming weeks.

Description of Work
Applied Xpel paint protection film

Category auto detailing

Thank you so much [member name removed] for the kind words. Always a pleasure to help when we can and give sound advice.

08/11/2014

JERRY K.

They did a really nice job. They gave an estimate of $260 but they only charged me $195. They did a fantastic job, you could eat off the engine. They even drove me home while they were cleaning and delivered my car after they finished.

Description of Work
They detailed my wife car.

06/10/2014

Barbie M.

I left my sunroof open one day and of course it poured. I called several places to help with water extraction and no one was even willing to entertain the task. That's when I remembered my Angie's List membership and consulted the online search engine where I found Darrings Detail. My call was answered promptly, questions answered thoroughly and an accurate quote was given. I dropped my car off and was treated with some of the BEST customer service ever. They remembered my name, vehicle, and situation when I returned to pick my car up. Overall great experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned interior, extracted standing water and dried.

Category auto detailing

Thanks [member name removed]. Glad we were able to help you in your time of need. :-D

06/08/2014

Jason S.

I am extremely pleased with the professionalism and quality of work that was provided at Darrings Detail. The customer service was superb and refreshing. I just haven't found and quot;customer serviceand quot; in ANY industry for a very long time. Visit Rod's shop and you'll see what friendly and respectful customer service really is (like what your mom and dad tell you stories about). Every technician I came in contact with was Grade-A+. Workmanship: The quality of work was impressive. You can tell just by talking to the Folks here that they love cars and are REALLY into making them look great! It was obvious that they really like what they do and take A LOT of pride in their work. I was referred to DarringsDetail and before I committed I did my leg work and researched this business, Just like you're doing now! I drove from south of indianapolis (over 50 miles) to use DarringsDetail and must have passed dozens of places that provide this same service and man, I am glad that I did!

Description of Work
Window Tint & Clear Bra Protection (Clear Bra: Hood,Bumper,A-pillars,Roof,Fenders) (Tint: all xcept windscreen)

Category auto detailing

[member name removed]! We really try to go above and beyond. It was a pleasure t work with you. :-D

11/08/2013

Reggie B.

Great experience and will use again!! Will recommend highly to others looking for a professional detail job to their car or truck!!

Description of Work
Detailed out and inside of my 07 Colorado and even cleaned under the hood.

Category auto detailing

Thank you for the kind words [removed member name].

11/07/2013

Terry G.

First Rod is very professional and thoroughly explained what the service would include. My car received a complete detail and the end result was outstanding. I am not certain my car has ever looked as good as it did when I picked it up. I felt that my car was safe and in good hands with Rod and his team. Within an hour of leaving Darrings I encountered two friends and their first question to me was who details your car. I guess that sums up how good the car looked after my visit to Darrings.

Description of Work
Complete detail on my car

Category auto detailing

Thank you for the kind words [member name removed]. What an awesome time we had working on your Hot Rod.

10/17/2013

Christopher Ryan P.

Fixed hail damage on my fiance's brand new Honda Civic. It was hit with hail damage and she was devastated. Rod and his crew took care of everything and made the process as painless as possible. This is a great company. I am taking my truck in for a full detail, window tinting and some more once I get the chance!

Description of Work
Fixed hail damage on 2012 Honda Civic.

Category auto detailing

Thanks (removed member name). We appreciate your business.

09/15/2013

Mark M.

It was done on time. The price was fair and the service was incredible.

Description of Work
Removed hail damage & detailed the car.

08/29/2013

Constance W.

I have looked in Angie's List first for providers and for some reason, I didn't find them there but when I finally called them, I asked if they're on Angie's List and he said yes they are. I asked if they give an Angie's List discount and he said no he didn't but he is on Angie's List and he believes he has an A rating. I have used him but prior to that, I have called 3 different providers of car detailing and window tinting and customizing, they went as high as $1500 to do the same work that he did for $249. The highest one would need the car all day. He told me when to bring the car in and he called me 3 hours later. He said it will approximately be 3 hours and said he will call me when it's ready and he would have come to get me except it's a block and a half away from my home, at the corner of 86th and Ditch and I said no. I said I'd rather just walk and I walked my dog while I walked up there and he was very gracious in letting my dog come in to the reception area then they pulled the car out. I looked it over and he gave me instructions as to what I could and couldn't do for the next 5 days and that my windows were guaranteed for life. If I had any problems or saw any bubbles or peeling, I was to bring it right in and he would make it good.

Description of Work
I had all of my passenger side windows and rear windshield in a 2007 Buick Lacrosse tinted by Darrings Detail last month. It took them about 3 hours. Rod Darring is the owner.

Category window tinting

08/17/2013

Brian M.

My car was a mess inside and out! I really didn't realize how bad it was until I saw it after it was detailed. What a big difference and worth the price! They started right on time and finished on time. I stayed the entire time in a clean and comfortable waiting room with TV. Mr. Darrings was a pleasure to work with as were his technicians. I think that I'll get at least 5 miles to the gallon better gas mileage now that Darrings Detail did its thing! I'll be back.

Description of Work
Darrings Detail detailed my very dirty car inside and out.

Category auto detailing

Thanks (removed member name). We hope to hear from you in the future. Take care. Roderick Darring

07/29/2013

ANN & DAVE C.

It was just wonderful, I couldn't believe how gorgeous the car looked! They were quick and efficient. I was impressed that they stayed late just for us.

Description of Work
I had them detail my daughter's vehicle.

Thanks (Member names removed)! Good to see you again. Regards, Roderick

06/17/2013

James C.

Rod and his team did an awesome job. I had to drop my car off in the morning and head to work. When I got the car back that night it was a completely different vehicle. All of the hail damage was gone. Rod even performed the job for under what my insurance company quoted me for.

Description of Work
I had really bad Hail Damage on my car, and Rod and his team fixed everything.

06/13/2013

James C.

Rod and his team do an awesome job. Everyone is very professional, and Rod is a great guy. I thought the final result of his work looked great! I am taking my car to his shop today to get some Hail Damage repaired.

Description of Work
I had a small dent in my back right quarter panel and he did some work to fix it.

05/15/2013

MICHAEL O.

They did a good job and they were punctual. It was ready when it was supposed to be.

Description of Work
Darrings Detail did complete detailing of the car.

09/11/2012

SUSAN R.

Set up my appt by phone. Very friendly and accommodating. Brought car in this morning, Roderick was very polite and professional. Kept in touch with me throughout the morning. Notified me that my car was finished. Interior looked awesome! Could not believe that could achieve this level of cleanliness. Hasn't looked like this since I bought it! I would highly recommend Darring's Detail.

Description of Work
Interior auto detailing

08/02/2012

KURT G.

Excellent!! We give these guys an A++. Excellent job!!!

Description of Work
Car detailing. Cant recall exact date or dollar amount.

06/25/2012

Leslie M.

UPDATE: Darring's Detail contacted me and offered a gift card for the price of the window tint, as I had already had my windows tinted by a different company when I received no response about my quote from Darring. Even though I was not impressed with Darring's Detail initially, I think this is truly great customer service! --- I contacted Darring's through the web form on their website. I wanted an estimate on window tint for 2 windows. I got a response the same day with my estimate, but I then emailed AND called (and left voicemail) to set up an appointment, and they never got back to me. They boast their fast email and voicemail response, but I certainly didn't have any luck with either method. I won't be hiring them.

Description of Work
I wanted to have 2 windows tinted on my vehicle.

Category window tinting

Good Afternoon, Please accept my apologies for the lack of excellent customer service you should have received recently. I completely understand your disappointment and fully agree. Although we returned your first message promptly within 39 minutes, we have clearly missed the mark on your other two attempts to contact us. Of note, our new web server that launched one month ago had some bugs that needed addressed and I believe was the cause for us not responding to your second email which never made it to our system from what I can trace down. In terms of your most recent voicemail not being returned after our initial dialogue, I clearly dropped the ball. Somehow the left hand and the right hand of communication got lost. Your comments, whether good or bad, are crucial in helping us improve customer service. Thank you. As a way of saying sorry, please accept a standing invitation to tint your two front windows for free (if you have not yet done them already), and if you have, I would like to give you a $99 Gift card toward any of our services. Please contact me, Roderick Darring, directly at 317-879-9274. Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm or Sat 8am-12 Noon. Regards, Roderick Darring

06/07/2012

Martha P.

After 7 years of daily use for commuting, hauling kids and athletic gear, and winters, this interior was pretty nasty with dirt, pet hair, body oils, coffee stains, and general grunge. Darrings made it look brand new! Stains were removed, seat belts were spotless, the back hatch area was clean and even the carpets under the passenger and driver's feet were nearly perfect. The smell was clean rather than perfumed, which is important as I am sensitive to artificial odors. This must be standard practice as we did not specify no scents, as far as I can remember. I am completely impressed with this small operation's professionalism and quality of work. I recommend them to anyone to keep your car sparkling or revive it.

Description of Work
This company detailed the tan, cloth interior of our 2005 Prius. We dropped the car in the evening. It was ready by noon the next day. We had to change the scheduled date once and they followed up promptly to all phone messages.

Category auto detailing

Thank you Member! We hope to see you in the near future.

05/11/2012

Kyla S.

They quoted me a price a couple months ago and scheduled me within a week when I was ready to move forward with the full detail on my car (BMW 325i). This company and the employees I interacted with were professional and easy to work with from beginning to end. My car looks fantastic and I'll definitely go back to do business with them again. HIGHLY recommend their services! Detail oriented and makes your car look new again! Happy dance!!

Description of Work
Full detail - interior/exterior of BMW 325i

11/28/2011

Elyse M.

I called Darring's Detail Wednesday explaining what I needed to have done. The shop didn't open until 8 AM the next morning for me to drop off my car but they came in early to meet me there! He gave me a free estimate and I left the car there to be repaired that day. I decided against repairing the bumper initially since it was just a cosmetic problem, but they repaired it for free! I would defiantly use them again. Their work was done very nice, they were helpful, honest, fair price, and flexible with my schedule.

Description of Work
Had a scratch/dent on the side of my car. I wanted to get it fixed so it wouldn't rust. Was also concerned about the side of the car being "keyed" and a dent in the front bumper.

03/12/2011

Becki B.

Excellent service and very easy to work with!

Description of Work
My car was in desperate need of interior cleaning after 8 years and 140,000+ miles on the road, not to mention transporting quite a few dogs over the years. Rod did an amazing job of getting the carpets and upholstery clean, as well as all those "nooks and crannies" that just gather all sorts of dust and crud over time. He did a very thorough job - couldn't be more pleased with the work performed or the service!