Connor & Company Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since March 1996

1101 Central Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46202

10 Employees. Uses subs. Cost determined by the job. Travel charges may apply....

10/31/2014

KATHY D.

Terry was punctual, thorough and neat.

Description of Work
He repaired the wood frame around my garage doors with flashing. A squirrel has been eating the wood at the base. He also removed and replaced a piece of rotted wood at the base of my screened porch. He painted the flashing and screened porch wood.

12/03/2013

Elizabeth H.

Bill Connor came to do the estimate for the work that needed to be done. This included rebuilding sills for gable vents, filling in missing wooden clapboard, replacing trim along the roofline and at a limestone sill, tucking rubber roofing under the bottom row of clapboard, replacing window drip edges, and replacing termite-damaged door framing. The crew wasn't able to come as soon as I'd hoped but once they arrived, they worked diligently. They were mindful of a couple changes that cropped up and were able to stretch the materials to have enough left to accommodate the changes. They were careful about keeping the gates closed when the dogs were around. They were pleasant to work with and they cleaned up each day when they finished. After the crew left I discovered they forgot a couple things. They were back within two weeks (when the weather was cooperative) to finish them.

Description of Work
assorted carpentry work on the exterior of my house and garage in preparation for painting after I'd removed 40-year-old aluminum siding

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

09/13/2013

Ann L.

He installed a tile floor. I had to replace a subzero fridge, and he was able to take care of that as well. He also replaced a counter top and installed a beautiful tile backsplash. He also put some bead board below a chair rail in my home, and removed wall paper and painted. He was able to redo the lighting. The company has a designer that will help narrow down the decision making process, which is nice.

Description of Work
Bill Conner did wonderful work around my home.

Category remodeling

06/26/2013

FRANK X M.

They did a very nice job. They gave me a reasonable price for the work I wanted done and they completed it all in one day

Description of Work
Connor & Company Inc. did some job around the house.

Category masonry, home builders

06/05/2013

Stephanie M.

The guy they send out is very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
We use them for maintenance, and they have door drywall and door related work for us in the past.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

05/08/2013

EUGENE & BARBARA B.

They did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of the house.

Category house painters

01/14/2013

FRANK X M.

They arrived when promised, completed the work in two days, and did a professional job.

Description of Work
They repaired, patched, and painted water damaged ceilings in two hall ways, and repaired, patched, and painted a bulkhead in a bathroom.

11/30/2012

CHERYL S.

It took 3 days to complete the job given the drying time necessary between the various repairs. Since the original paint was 8 years old, the new painted needed to be mixed to match the rest of the wall. The provider did any excellent job of matching. He mixed old paint with new and after 10 attempts got a perfect match. I had been dreading doing this repair because of the mess, but it was better than expected. They are careful with furniture and art work. I have been using Connor 7 Company for at least 15 years. They always do excellent work.

Description of Work
Repaired, patched, primed and painted a kitchen wall that had been damaged by water.

10/16/2012

Bret W.

The project went well, was completed on time and on budget.

Description of Work
We have used Connor & Co. several times and have always been pleased with their work. The most recent project was a powder room remodeling that required carpentry and drywall insallation. The job involved, among other things, matching some existing wood moulding trim. Also installing drywall butting up against old plaster and matching the joint in such a way as to make the seam invisible. This was done carefully and effectively. We certainly will call on Connor & Co. when we have more carpentry and construction work to be done.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

03/12/2012

JIM & SUE B.

I have used their services several times over many years. We had a leak in between our walls that made the drywall very soft and he repaired it. We have additionally hired them for interior and exterior painting and to replace some rotten wood around our home.

Description of Work
I hired them to repair dryall.

Category drywall

01/16/2012

JIM & SUE B.

I liked their work. I used to use them for painting my house. They were a little above average in terms of price. I will use their services again in the future. I always depend on them to do my painting.

Description of Work
I used Connor & Company Inc. I last used their services a couple of years ago I think. They worked on my windows. I had wood that was rotting around the windows and they repaired that. They also replaced a window several years ago. They painted my house too.

Category replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

10/27/2011

EUGENE & BARBARA B.

They do an excellent job. They are a little pricey but they always live up to their reputation.

Description of Work
We have used them to paint our lower deck, which is pretty large.

Category decks, house painters

10/17/2011

Heather L.

First, we explained in detail to the salesperson twice and once to the carpenter what was requested - a built in cabinet to extend the length of a wall under the stairs in our basement. Seemed pretty basic but we had trouble finding someone who could do it on short notice - so we were willing to pay more than seemed reasonable for Conner and Co to do the work. We were told they only use quality materials (never pine) and the work would be done off site and brought into our home a few days later to fit. When the carpenter arrived with one rectangular piece I backed away from asking questions because I was told it wasn't finished and I didn't understand how carpentry works. More pieces would be coming. In the meantime I spent the day listening to the carpenter browbeat his assistant. The next day when I realized the cabinet wasn't extending under the stairs - it was stopping midway leaving a huge triangle underneath - I asked the carpenter to clarify whether any pieces were still at the shop. When he said "none" and looked at me like I again didn't understand carpentry, I re-explained that the entire area needed to be filled. What he created was horrible looking, plus the original piece had several pieces that were uneven and needed sanding (which I corrected myself) and he insisted on putting sheetrock on top of it despite my protest. I wanted to tile the top on my own and wanted to add the sheetrock where I knew it was needed, but he told me he wasn't allowed to consider the job finished until that piece was screwed in place. In doing so he cut it too short which meant that I had to readjust my tiling plans. On top of everything else all of the materials used were cheap - pine wood, cheap tinny pulls, and weak cheap brackets. Even when I complained to the salesperson I was told that the work was completed to our description (didn't seem to matter that the work was shoddy) and therefore we needed to pay in full, Satisfaction didn't really matter. Lots of better companies out there - keep searching.

Description of Work
Built an under stair cabinet in our basement.

Category handyman service, woodworking

08/30/2011

Ariel S.

I was very disappointed as I'd heard good things about this company from a friend who lives in our neighborhood.

Description of Work
I contacted this company to get an estimate on replacing windows in my home, as well as potentially doing a basement and bathroom remodel. I spoke to a woman on the phone who was going to 'turn in the details' and then it was almost a week before I heard anything back from them. The phone call I got in return was left on my voicemail, and basically said that they were too busy and weren't interested in my business. I have several projects I want done in my home, likely thousands of dollars worth of work on my older home in the Meridian-Kessler area. I'd heard of this company through word of mouth in the area, but I'll be sure to let all my Meridian-Kessler friends know that they are too busy to take on new projects now.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

03/31/2011

Caroline S.

I telephoned company over the weekend after seeing them mentioned in Indianapolis Monthly. The article mentioned they do good work, and I was hoping to support a local business. Mr. Connor's assistant called me Monday morning to get more information and said a call would be forthcoming - none ever came.

Description of Work
Telephoned company requesting additional information for a large scale remodeling of historic home.

Category remodeling

10/27/2010

EUGENE & BARBARA B.

They are knowledgeable and they know how to do things and make them last well. If they are not able to come on a certain day, they will call and let you know.

Description of Work
They stained and treated 2 decks. They also powerwashed before they did the work.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

07/10/2010

DANIEL H.

The job was excellent, they have done great work. We have used the two or three times, they built and original storm door for us. They are expensive, but they are good.

Description of Work
We had historic original windows in our 1931 house. They took the windows out, disabled them and rebuilt them. They took the glass to fix studio who fixed the leaded glass, then they fixed the frame and reinstalled them.

Category replacement windows

07/01/2010

ANNA & KEVIN F.

The project was completed in 2006 but we haven’t had them do any construction for us since then. The addition that they did is beautiful. We live in an old house which was built in the 20’s and everybody who sees it can’t believe that the addition wasn’t part of the original house. That’s why we used their services again because we had seen other people do additions and you could definitely tell where the old house started and the new one began, even when there was brick involved. We knew that the owner was very particular about doing things that are in the same style as the original structure. He also makes sure that it looks nice and that’s why we chose them. They were probably a little more expensive than some of the other people but we were so happy that we had them do the work. They really did a great job. Some people are okay with it even if it is close to what the original one looks like but we have invested in this house and we plan to live here for a long time. We were away on a spring break while the construction was going on and they started doing the brick work. Then they called us to inform that they were stopping the work since they weren’t happy with the match on the brick that was delivered. So they asked the brick company to go back and do it better. So they laid a few rows, didn’t like it, took it out, ordered new bricks and started again. The owner wants to do the kind of job that he would be happy with and I don’t think he is in for the money. He loves it and it’s probably a nice living for him but we weren’t charged anything additional for the extra labor involved in laying those couple of rows of bricks, taking them out and ordering new bricks. That was never reflected in our cost. The handyman service was done by one of the workers who had done a part of the construction project for us. He did some of the woodworking work for us and everything went very well. He knew exactly what to do and how to do it. He did a great job and did it pretty quickly. He also did a good job in cleaning up. They only charged us for the hours of work that they did and not for the hour he took to go and come back. He came back and realized that he needed something else and he didn’t charge us for that. I don’t know if that is standard or just because they had done huge work for us before. I would definitely use their services in the future and I would recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
We used the services of Connor & Company for a major construction project and it was an addition about five or six years ago. We used their handyman services after that project for a couple of little things. They replaced an exterior door frame and rehung our storm door since the screen door had pulled out of the door frame in a windstorm. They also re-caulked in our bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, masonry, remodeling, screen repair, home builders, woodworking, doors

06/30/2010

LISA B.

The quality of their work was good. I’ve used a lot of painters and their finishes were good and they weren't messy. Their cut in work was done well.

Description of Work
I used Connor & Company to paint an office.

Category interior painters

05/29/2010

SALLY H.

I've known them for 30 years. They have done remodeling and they subcontracted painting for us. I would recommend them without reservation. They are a little higher priced but they are meticulous.

Description of Work
I used Connor & Company because an eave was jutting out over the porch and it was leaking. They had to rebuild part of it and reroof. They painted the underside. It was pretty extensive work.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, house painters

04/28/2010

LYNN M.

They were there for probably 3 months off and on. I would use them again since they were very reliable. They were easy to get a hold of and were punctual. They cleared all the things that I asked them to do and knew exactly what I wanted. They did an awesome job. Their price was reasonable and their quality of work was good.

Description of Work
We used the services of Connor & Company about 3 years ago for various types of jobs. They plastered the walls in my old house, did some remodeling work, ripped off a wall, replaced the wall for us and also installed doors.

Category drywall, handyman service, masonry, plastering, remodeling, doors

03/02/2010

LISA C.

They were professional and they went above and beyond when corrected errors.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak through our window frames and repaired window frames.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

11/16/2009

ALLAN D.

They did an absolutely first rate job. They over estimated the price of the work. Bill brought it up and he thought that he could do the work for a little less money than he anticipated. He figured how much less it cost to complete the work and sent me a check for the difference. It was not an expensive project, but the fact that they did the figuring themselves was pretty good. I give them top grades on all of their work.

Description of Work
Connor & Company Inc. installed a new flat screen television set. In order to install it they also had to move some lighting, relocate a cabinet, and do some plaster work.

Category electrician

09/22/2009

phillip M.

Connor and Company are general contractors. They were on time and I found them to be reliable. They were also thorough, conscientious, and professional.

Description of Work
I had used Connor & Company for windows installation. They had also done a lot of other work for us besides the installation.

Category replacement windows

04/24/2009

PATTY V.

It went very smoothly. During the initial consultation to get an estimate, I did a walk-around with a Connor representative. He photographed each side of the house and made careful notations where repairs needed to be made. He arrived on time (was actually a little early which was great), was polite, knowledgeable and answered whatever questions I had. He told me they probably wouldn't be able to get their subcontractor to do the job for another 3-4 weeks, which was fine. They followed up by sending me the estimate for me to sign off on and return along with a deposit, which I did. I followed up with a call about 3 weeks later, and was told the work would probably start in about a week. About a week later, I came home and noticed most, if not all, of the work was done. There was a follow-up trip by the mason a few days later to finish up by spraying and rinsing something on the areas that had been mortared. I happened to be home at the time since it was the weekend. That was how I knew the job was finished. I then sent the remainder of the balance due to Connor.

Description of Work
They repaired cracks in the mortar on my house, caulked the window ledges and also sealed the seam between the concrete front porch and the house. As the house was built in 1931, it had an unusual color of mortar. The subcontractor retained by Connor did an excellent job of mixing the new mortar to match the old to blend with the brick on my house.

Category masonry