CertaPro Painters® of Indianapolis

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2007

8105 Center Run Dr Ste 105

Indianapolis, IN 46250

Indy's most referred painting contractor for exterior and interior projects. Having completed over 16,000 projects since 1999 we have built a reputation for completing quality work in a timely manner. Estimates are free and no obligation.

12/19/2022

Susan H.

They were great. They were terrific also they finished the project on time & they just did a perfect job, did not leave a mess behind.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category interior painters

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We've enjoying working for you on several projects. Your loyalty to CertaPro means so much to us, and we'll continue to work hard to earn it!

09/22/2020

DAVID P.

Sent someone looking nice for estimate. Then send a bunch of ne'er-do-well crew.

Description of Work
painting

12/02/2019

THERESA E L.

It went great! They got the work done quickly and were flexible about adding more details to original project ideas. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Painting the exterior of my home

08/31/2019

Dennis K.

Outstanding work that was completed on schedule at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
exterior paint

08/19/2019

Debra K.

It went great! We were very pleased with their work. They were quick, careful, and very accommodating! I can't say enough great things about this company

Description of Work
Painted majority of the interior of my house

07/16/2019

DOUG & JUDIE C.

They were great. Nice crew and price was great!!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior

06/11/2019

Michael F.

An amazing experience from start to finish! The sales professional Jason Nelson was exactly that, professional. Extremely knowledgeable, upfront with cost and scope of work, and made every effort to make us feel comfortable with the process. The crew that took on our large job was outstanding. They were quick, did an outstanding job of cleaning up the work site each night, and very thorough. We always new the timeline, what to expect next, and discussed the project each day with the team lead so they could be sure we were happy with the progress. In the end the new paint on the exterior of our house turned out better then we could have imagined. And the number of compliments we received were overwhelming, many were people we did not know that would just stop by. And most wanted to know one thing, who painted your home? CertaPro Painters! I cannot thank them enough or give them a high enough recommendation.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of home

04/26/2019

Patty R.

We have used CertaPro Painters a couple of times in the last year. They painted almost the entire interior of our home, including ceiling replastering and painting. The team members were all very polite and respectful of our home...and were very professional in their work. We would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Interior house painting and ceiling repair/painting

Category plastering, interior painters

03/19/2019

Rebekah A.

They were wonderful to work with. They did the work in a timely manner and cleaned up each night. The paint looks great! I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
interior painting and some exterior painting as well.

03/15/2019

Nick G.

I had CertaPro power wash the exterior of my home. Zack L came by to do an estimate and was extremely helpful. Once the project was done, my house looked like new!

Description of Work
Power wash Exterior siding

Category pressure washing

03/14/2019

Robin B.

It went so well, they did a fantastic job and were so respectful. I will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

10/24/2018

DEBRA H.

It went great and Brady was vey courteous and timely. The job was done in a timely fashion and it looks super.

Description of Work
exterior house and trim painting

Category deck cleaning, house painters

09/25/2018

Michele B.

CertaPro Painters were professional from start to finish. The crew arrived on time each day and I received calls daily to check on the project. I was so glad that I finally found painters that are professional, show up and complete the work within the timeline I was given. They guarantee their work for 2 years!

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting and staining

08/30/2018

Jason P.

.........................................

Description of Work
.................................

08/20/2018

Kimberly H.

It was great working with CertaPro Painters. They were able to remove wallpaper from 5 rooms in our house, repair the walls, and paint for a very reasonable price, given all the work. They were also able to get it done in a timely manner and everyone was very friendly and responsive. I definitely recommend taking advantage of the free color consultation with the Sherwin Williams color specialist, she recommended the perfect colors to match our style and all the rooms look beautiful!

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and interior painting

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Thanks for sharing your experience, I’m sure having that wall paper down creates a whole new modern feel to your home. Hope to paint for you again!

07/31/2018

Samith M.

Hired CertaPro in spite of their higher quote compared to other quotes I received from local painting companies. I hired them only due to the fact that they are nationwide and wrongly assumed they would adhere to higher standards and would pay extra attention to detail. I wanted a stress free experience but I was completely disappointed. While the job started off well, the quality of job deteriorated as they progressed from one task to the next. For example: they stopped using drop clothes when they started painting the trim. My hardwood floors were messed up not just one or 2 spots but multiple places (yes they cleaned them later but why should this have happened in the first place??). They had to repair and paint the ceiling in my great room. They did paint it, however, they splashed the ceiling paint on multiple areas on couple of accent walls that they were not supposed to paint. And it was a struggle to cover up those spots - they couldn't match with existing color. Luckily I found a old can of paint left by my builder and it was still in useable condition. That saved the day and avoided painting those 2 accent walls a whole new color. To summarise: In my opinion, you'd be better of choosing someone local with good reviews on Angie's List or Home Advisor. Don't be carried away like I was because of all their marketing fluff you might have come across via various channels (Radio, internet, fliers etc...) it's just excellent marketing and the actual quality and attention to details is completely lacking (at least in my experience). Everyone might not have had a similar bad experience, but do you really want to take a chance especially if you are not painting the whole areas/rooms but only if a selected few that absolutely requires finesse workmanship?? Pros: 1) Prompt response; 2) They owned the mistakes, apologized and came back to fix the problems. Cons: 1) The many problems I encountered shouldn't have occurred in the first place. 2) At times, basic painting 101 rules were ignored. There are too many to list. I AM NOT HIRING CertaPro ever again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting - ceiling, stairways and a few very specific walls

Category interior painters

I met this client during our initial in home consultation early June. He showed me several walls that he wanted painted to match in addition to repairs to a tape seam on the textured ceiling more than 20 feet off the ground. I offered him a detailed proposal which included using Sherwin-Williams color matching technology to identify color matches as this client stated that was very important to him. This also included my recommendation to set up scaffolding in the great room, repair the damaged drywall seam and repaint the whole ceiling, which is highly complex and challenging work given the height of the ceiling, location of the repair and retexturing needed. During this time the client and I had in depth conversation about our company management, our labor model, and how we operate as a professional painting company. Following the in home consultation I had advised he test the color matches by picking up color-to-go samples from Sherwin Williams which I would cover for him. One of the colors was approved but this client was not satisfied with the other and was able to find the original manufacturers color which I researched in collaboration with my Sherwin-Williams rep to discover we would mix that very color. The project was scheduled several weeks out and to start of July 19. In following through scaffolding was delivered and the crew arrived that morning to begin the work. Carlos, a CertaPro employee who is skilled in painting, drywall repair, and drywall texturing completed the work as crew supervisor. While this client shared concerns along the way, specifically with the trim, which was an add on not originally in the bid, his concerns were met with professional and timely responses. All this to say, while I regret that we caused our client stress during this process and wish that his concerns were avoided in the first place, I’m proud of my teams professional responses and commitment to make it right. This was a highly complex project that requires the skill of someone experienced like Carlos. To my client, please accept my apology for the stress we caused you, and as always our work is covered under warranty so please do hesitate to call me if there is anything more we can do.

07/10/2018

Jason B.

This is my favorite new thing about having CertaPro Painters of Indianapolis come and paint ALL of our ceilings, the ENTIRE downstairs and 3 doors including this one. All done and cleaned up in 1.5 days!! No kidding. JJ Darr you have great people who do quality work that delivers on the promises you make. Seriously! This job would’ve taken me MONTHS! If anyone is looking for quality people and highly skilled painters to paint your home or business, don’t call anyone else. Call CertaPro. You’re welcome.

Description of Work
Interior painting of ceilings and walls and doors. Some rooms just the ceilings were painted.

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

Thank you for this review! Working efficiently is important to our customers, especially when working on interior surfaces, where daily family routines normally take place. Thanks for your business, hope to paint for you again!

07/09/2018

Robin B.

Bradly Pettigrew’s team was awesome. They were quick, professional and polite. I will hire them again

Description of Work
Interior house

Category interior painters

Thanks for the A rating, we'd be honored to paint for you again!

07/09/2018

Eric F.

Brady Pettigrew did our estimate and provided a very detailed list of work to be done and recommended repairs to our house exterior complete with pictures, arrows, and explanations. After going through it, we scheduled the job. His crew showed up on time and was very polite and courteous. They did a fantastic job and finished in a day. The wood repairs they did look great. The porch needed more than originally estimated, but they were able to fix it with a little extra time. I highly recommend his crew if you need wood repaired in addition to painting. The outside of the house looks new again, we are very happy with it.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category woodworking, house painters

Thanks for this detailed review! Being a one-stop-shop where wood repairs and painting can be completed at the same time saves time and headaches for our clients, thanks for mentioning!

06/25/2018

Chris W.

Overall, the project went okay. However, in looking at the details of the work there were some significant problems. First, there was no effort to scrape exterior window frames before painting them. I had to spend 3 hours scraping windows as the crew simply painted over the old paint which then flaked off. Additionally, they did not caulk all areas where wood came together like the contract called for even after this was brought to their attention. Inside, they failed to treat the trim before painting it so the dark stain is visible. To their credit they have offered to come back and paint it again when requested. I also learned after they left that they had painted a significant portion of the white trim in the foyer. I have since had to go back over and re-paint all of that trim myself.

Description of Work
Outside trim, windows, and siding needed to be painted. Also hired to paint window frames, walls in 2 rooms, and to paint previously stained wood.

Category house painters, interior painters

Please accept my apology for the workmanship issues that you experienced during this project. This is not the standard we hold our painters to. We're always committed to achieving the highest level of workmanship, even if that requires a return visit. That offer is still on the table, simply contact your representative or call our office number.

06/11/2018

Clark C.

CertaPro did an excellent job and addressed every minor touchup we asked about during the final walkthrough. They assigned 2 crews over the course of a 4 day job, and all their employees were professional, courteous and polite. The team leaders kept me updated several times a day. The quoted price was what I paid. Not once did I have any concerns with the quality of their work. They handled many antique pictures and other wall coverings without any incidents. I would recommend them highly for any commercial or residential job. I plan on using them myself for when my own home needs it.

Description of Work
Our main corporate offices needed repainting. The work included 4 offices, kitchen, bar area, main lobby, hallway, 2 bathrooms, and an additional wall. The lobby ceilings are about 20 feet high.

Category interior painters

Thank you for sharing your experience!

05/21/2018

David E.

The entire process was handled professionally and on time. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I needed the exterior of my home painted as well as one room inside.

05/06/2018

Brook H.

They were great. Did an amazing job. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Painted all the trim, shutters, gutters, downspouts, and garage doors.

Thanks for this review!

05/02/2018

Peter V.

The painting crew did a fantastic job both inside and outside. They were very professional and polite. Punctual. Fast. Inside of the house was done in 4 days; outside, including the deck in 2.5 days. Each they arrived on time and at the end of the day cleaned up well. Inside work included three large rooms, kitchen, high ceiling hallway and a basement, drywall repairs and trim painting on newly replaced windows. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Interior painting of most of the house; exterior painting of entire house plus deck.

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters, doors

Thank you for trusting CertaPro with this work, and for your recommendation!

04/16/2018

james D.

From my initial contact to completion of the job Certapro was perfect. They worked hard from powerwashing phase until second coat was applied. Couldn't be happier with how my home looks.

Description of Work
exterior of home needed painted

Category house painters

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We would be grateful for the chance to paint for you again in the future!

RICK MAYFIELD PAINTING

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS.2012,2013 CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE.NON-SMOKER.MUST SEE JOB TO GIVE ACCURATE QUOTE PLEASE USE DIRECT EMAIL OR CALL ABOVE PHONE NUMBER.

Window Genie of Indianapolis North

Window Genie is North Indianapolis’s leader in home services. We specialize in window cleaning, window tinting, pressure washing, gutter cleaning and more. Our commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism is what sets us apart from the competition. With over 20 years of experience, Window Genie has earned the trust of homeowners throughout North Indianapolis, Carmel, Zionsville and the surrounding areas. You can feel safe knowing our team of field technicians are fully trained, insured, bonded and drive custom wrapped GENIE MOBILES for easy identification. Estimates are always fast and free!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

A & D Hydra Clean Inc

Award Winning. Locally family-owned (2nd generation) and operated. Nine IICRC certified uniformed technicians plus support personnel available 24/7. Emergency Services. Residential and Commercial work. Complete Reconstruction. General contractor, insurance work welcome. Coupon/discounts available –ask us about our Angie’s List Coupons. Estimate cost can be applied to services performed. Angie's List Super Service Award recipient 11 years in a row. Refers to licensed plumbers for plumbing work.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Interior & Exterior Painting, Furniture Moving, Cover Furniture & Floors, Wallpaper Removal, Drywall Repair, Pressure Washing, Carpentry Work