Brown's Flooring

Founded 1984 • With Angi since April 1996

Bob Workman, owner and operator of Brown's Flooring, welcomes you to our showroom to view the many flooring selections we offer; take home samples to be sure your new flooring works in your home's lighting; and, receive a free estimate - no obligation. Brown's Flooring has been serving Indianapolis and it's surrounding areas since 1984. Bob has been in the business for over 20 years and has owned Brown's Flooring since 2004. Uses subs (which have been with company for minimum 15 years up to 30 years). Cost is determined by the job. Ask about angie's list discount (cannot be used with any other offer)....

A Service Provider's profile image

+21 more images

flooring (344)carpet installation (202)hardwood floors (88)tile installation (8)general contractors (8)

04/08/2022

John K.

We could not have been happier. Bob, the owner, was very helpful throughout the process. The installers, Keith and his son Justin, did a fantastic job. They were very skillful, professional and very personable. We highly recommend Brown’s Flooring.

Description of Work
Replaced 1600 square feet of carpet and skillfully moved a lot of heavy furniture including a piano.

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you.

05/19/2021

Carol L.

I did not use them as they were unable to match the LVP in my living room (it was a natural oak color). Justin had come out to measure to sand, stain & seal those areas but another flooring company said my current hardwood couldn't be sanded as it was too thin & likely would ruin the floor. Justin might want to get some training on this so he can identify that situation.

Description of Work
replace hardwood flooring in kitchen, dining room, entry & 1/2 bath

Category contractors, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/19/2021

04/28/2021

Marcus P.

Everything went great. We originally had Brown's install laminate in our entry way, living room, sunroom and kitchen. That was in 2019. They did a great job and we really enjoyed working with Bob. We recently decided to continue with the same flooring throughout the remainder of the home. Bob was able to find the same flooring and also made sure we had the same installation crew that did such a good job the first time. Everything went just as expected - fantastic! There were a couple large heavy bedroom furniture items that they had to work around but no problem. When they did the office there was a very heavy desk and credenza that they worked around and no problem again! We would definitely recommend this company and Bob for any flooring need.

Description of Work
Laminate flooring installed in two bedrooms

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

03/18/2021

Martha S.

Great! Bob is so friendly, let me take home samples, came out for a free estimate and measurement. His pricing is fair and was able to have the install done in a timely manner. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Stair runner

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

06/09/2020

Ben S.

Floor looks great. Had some hiccups but not their fault. The installation crew was great. You can tell they were being very tedious, transparent, and worked non stop. We are very happy with the floors.

Description of Work
Replaced floors in main level

Category contractors, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

Thanks, it was a pleasure working with you!

05/19/2020

Michael W.

FANTASTIC! Can't recommend Brown's enough! Incredibly professional, and easy to work with. Fair price, and timely installation. Bob and the team made sure that we were absolutely satisfied with the job. Ken (the installer) was highly professional, and left our house cleaner than anyone else that has ever worked on our house.

Description of Work
Entire first floor of vinyl plank (remove engineered wood in some rooms, remove carpeting in some rooms, place over hardwood in other room)

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you. Bob

02/13/2020

TOOMAS , KAY R.

Excellent service and workmanship. Good honest company to work with.

Description of Work
Replace flooring in two small bathrooms

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

Thanks very much! Nice working with you as well.

09/13/2019

Jim H.

I set up an appointment for Bob to come out and give me a quote. I received call the next day that he wouldn't come out and give me a quote because he didn't want to be the 3rd person to give me a quote. Seriously that's how this guy runs a business? Plus he was a jerk on the phone. Very poor professionalism and I am glad that I didn't do business with them.

Description of Work
Needed quote on LVP and Carpet install

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed] lives an hour away from the store, already had 2 quotes and stated to my wife he had already placed a deposit with one of the companies. Doesn't make much sense. We're sorry for any trouble we may have caused.

09/12/2019

Gary C.

The work was completed fast and looks great!

Description of Work
I needed the top layer of sub floor repaired around the toilet and the flooring replaced in my bathroom.

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

07/13/2019

Frank W.

Brown Flooring responded within 24 hours of our inquiry. We agreed by phone to work together but delayed starting the project due our travel schedule. They completed the work to our full satisfaction. The repair / installer personnel were great Even though it was a very small job -- the owner of the business --Bob Workman -- personally checked to see if we were satisfied.

Description of Work
A small -- but significant problem with carpet at a doorway

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

01/11/2019

Kim A.

Bob came out and measured. I went to his shop and picked out flooring and carpet. Bob wrote up the estimate on the spot, clearly itemized and thorough explanation. Reasonable price. Charles and his crew ( 3 guys) were on time every day, courteous, professional. When they ran into an issue with the plywood floor they encountered under the carpet, they figured it out within the hour and the fix they came up with worked perfectly. Only charged me $200 for this fix, which added a lot of extra time and effort on their part. Mess and noise were minimal. Crew started working immediately upon arrival and worked steadily through the day. They had to take a bed apart and move some furniture around. They reassembled the bed and returned furniture to original location. White baseboard trim was installed after the floor was down and was accurately cut and installed. Hardwood floor is beautiful and solid underfoot, no squeaking, no bumps or raised areas. Carpet on stairs is beautiful and installation is flawless. Whole experience from start to finish was stress free and handled professionally. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Carpet removal, install hardwood in upstairs( 2 bedrooms and a hallway) and installed carpet on 2 flights of stairs and a landing

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

Review for Brown's Flooring - 8517 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN - 37651965

Thanks so much, it was a pleasure doing business with you! Great pics !!!!!

11/13/2018

Anne B.

Our experience with Brown's Flooring was excellent. They replaced carpet in the living room, dining room, stairs, hallway and 4 bedrooms. From the carpet selection to installation everything went smoothly. The installers were punctual, friendly and did a great job. We were very pleased and would definitely recommend Brown's.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in living room, dining room, stairs, hallway and 4 bedrooms

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

Thank You! It was a pleasure working with you.

10/13/2018

Dorijean K.

They did a fabulous job. They got me on the schedule quickly and everything was ordered and installed within a few weeks. They even came out on their day off to finish up when part of the supplies were delayed.

Description of Work
Flooring purchased and installed

Cost $6,016.11

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

Thank You!!!

10/05/2018

Carl S.

The installer was meticulous about everything and did a beautiful job.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors installed in kitchen and laundry room.

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]!!

08/27/2018

LISA W.

Good. The guy that came out and did the work. He took pride in his work.

Description of Work
Replace my bathroom floors

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Bob & Shannon

06/25/2018

DAVID & ZITA N.

It was a very good service. On time, professional, great company.

Description of Work
new flooring installation

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

06/12/2018

Jane T.

They did a good job of installing the floor and we were happy with the result.

Description of Work
New laminate flooring was installed on the first floor of our house.

Work Completed On 03/15/2018

06/01/2018

Judith R.

The installers were very nice punctual and professional. However three months after the installation there were spots that have pulled apart. I went into the store and was told in cold weather they would constrict. They told me to come back in the spring if I still had the problem. I went back and they told me that someone would come out. The installer came out and told me that he would have to get some filler and would be back. I have never seen him since that time. I went into the store again to ask but they repair my floors, the owner told me with such a happy face that they had a 4000 square-foot job downtown and his installer was busy. They would get back to me. My floors still are repaired.

Description of Work
New hardwood floors in living room, dining room and hallway.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

Review for Brown's Flooring - 8517 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN - 37119522

During the 4000 sf job, the installer tried to reach customer on 3 occasions. Come to find out, customers doesn't check voicemail on home phone. That was the only number we were given!

05/16/2018

John B.

knowledgeable sales people...experienced professional installers...good job

Description of Work
new hardwood floor

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

04/20/2018

LISA D.

It was great. The work was performed at my elderly mother's home. Brown's was very accommodating. Bob was great to work with during the initial measuring and ordering. Dwayne was one of the installers. He was punctual, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Replace flooring in laundry room hallway and kitchen. We removed hardwood flooring and replaced with Waterproof flooring

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

10/20/2017

LISA & ERIC G.

Wonderful experience all the way through! Great help in choosing in show room, appointment to measure rooms. Installation was superior, as crew has been installing for Brown's for 20+yrs! Cleaned up after finished, SO appreciated. I liked that they did not rush install into one day as we had many rooms to do. We are repeat customers and will definitely use again!

Description of Work
New carpeting installed

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

09/20/2017

Joseph W.

They did a great job. I used Brown's about 10 years ago to replace flooded flooring in the lower floor of my home and they did a great job and the flooring still looks great, so I went back to them when I had to have a new kitchen floor. I purchased lux. vinyl tiles which they laid over my ceramic tile floor. There would be no issues with foundation since my home is built on a concrete slab. I appreciated the attention I got from Bob in regards to picking out the material and then in the laying of the floor.

Description of Work
I am remodeling kitchen and need new flooring.

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

09/14/2017

Dan S.

Wonderfully! Brown's Flooring's in-store people were very knowledgeable when talking about their products. Their installer was outstanding, did a great job, and even fixed a few things that weren't a part of the contract. Job done well at a good price. We are very happy with the new flooring!

Description of Work
We had new flooring installed.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, hardwood floor