Brothers Floor Covering Inc

Founded 1952 • With Angi since April 1996

5352 N Tacoma Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46220

Brothers Floor Covering has proudly served Central Indiana homeowners for over 60 years. We are a family-owned and operated business with deep roots in the Indianapolis community. The knowledgeable Brothers Floor Covering staff is dedicated to solving your flooring goals with a personal and professional touch. Our well-established track record of providing reliable and professional solutions for your flooring needs is unmatched. Ask about Angie's List discount....

05/21/2021

Nancy H.

I wish I could give the same glowing reviews as so many have given. My experience was different. The owner’s son came out to measure and start the quote process. He said the regular person was out ill. My main problem to be fixed is about 5-10% of the floor has crowned boards. I asked if the refinishing would flatten the boards. He was very noncommittal. I asked for the best sealer in the quote. I was surprised at how expensive the quote came back. After asking several times, I finally got an answer about how much the cost would decrease if I didn’t go with the premium sealer. My plan is to try to get this floor repaired. If not successful, then replace it. Based on the high cost to try to repair and the vague answer if that would even be accomplished, I asked about the cost to replace the floor. The estimator asked me for more details on how I wanted it done. I answered all the questions promptly. Some of the questions were ones I thought they, as the experts, would be suggesting to me, rather than asking me how I wanted the replacement done. That was almost two weeks ago and I haven’t heard from them since my last reply. In summary, their apparent lack of expertise in the field they work in every day and their failure to ever give me a quote for a replacement left me very disappointed.

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors or replace

Category hardwood floor

04/19/2020

Dan D.

Excellent and fully professional from start to finish

Description of Work
New flooring in kitchen, bathroom and entrance way.

01/01/2020

Kerrie P.

It went well, with good selection of carpet and they worked around our schedule to get it installed. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
remove old carpet and install new carpet in master bedroom

Category carpet installation

09/05/2019

Paula S.

Excellent! A plus!!! On time,did what was promised and cleaned up well..would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Carpet and laminate flooring

Category flooring contractor

Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you again.

08/13/2019

Tyler B.

Installed a customer stair runner, as well as basement carpet with runner. Excellent craftsmanship. Very please with the quality and look. Highly recommend. Friendly. Professional. Punctual. Reasonably priced. Will certainly use Brothers again if we need any other floor work done!

Description of Work
Carpet runner on stairs, basement carpet

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the opportunity to work together. Glad we were able to help out

06/21/2019

Jamie P.

Bought a house recently that had some damage to the hardwood floor. It looked like there had been a leak/. The sellers had gotten a quote from someone they knew and my meeting with him did not go well. The quote was wrong and the guy didn't act like he knew what he was doing. He wanted me to pick up all the supplies. I felt uncomfortable with this. I am a girl. I know very little about this and the glue looks heavy. Called Brothers Floor Covering and they sent someone out the next day and he explained to me that we needed and told me he would get it all, Ahhh! It was more money to go with them because the sellers had left me a check for the other guy.. but I just didn't feel comfortable with him so I went with Brothers. They are professional and really know what they were doing. The job went so well. 3 guys came to my house and was so polite and did a wonderful job. My floors look beautiful. Thanks so much Brothers!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the review. Hope to see you again with your next project!

05/28/2019

Marie K.

Everyone says there is no customer service these days. Well that’s not true. Recently I had hardwood floors installed throughout my new house. I was on a really tight time frame--a week before move-in date. No problem for Brothers Floor Covering in Broad Ripple. They got the flooring and beautifully laid the floors throughout the house in three days. I love my floors and love Brothers Floor Coverings and so will you.

Description of Work
new hardwood floors installed

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for the business, and the kind review.

05/19/2019

Walt O.

This was among the most positive experiences I've ever had with a company. Everyone at the company that we dealt with was outstanding in their professionalism and attention to detail. Dave was the installer who spent about 8 days completing the work. I can't say enough of how happy my wife and I were with the work. I had obtained a 2nd estimate. That company had a quote slightly less than Brothers Flooring, but warned me of an additional $1000-4000 cost to level the cement floor in our walkout basement. Brothers also said there might need to be some leveling. In the end, although there was some filling applied in spots to completely level the floor, the final cost had 0 added for this leveling. So I'm confident I chose the more reputable company with what turned out to be the best price.

Description of Work
Replaced carpeting with Anderson flooring tiles

05/09/2019

Peiguang Tyler X.

Easy going owner who listened to your needs. Crew showed up in time and job was done efficiently. Cleaning was good.

Description of Work
Replace existing carpet

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the opportunity to work together. Hope to see you again next time

03/26/2019

Jane D.

It was great. I called one day and the next day a representative was here and measured. Andrew was so helpful with samples that we brought home. He was very patient with us. The old vinyl in the had to be scraped up. They sent 3 installers that worked all day. They were professional and courteous and great to work with. Some of the trim was not in and they had to come back to finish up. The floor looks amazing. The guys cleaned up after themselves which was a big plus! I intend to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
waterproof flooring in kitchen

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you! Look forward to your next project

09/03/2018

Cindi K.

We own a second home in Nashville, IN. Brothers sent a carpeting expert to the home to take measurements, then provide us with an estimate to remove the old carpeting and padding and install new carpeting and padding. He was punctual and very knowledgeable. Given many angles where seems meet, he suggested we not use the same carpet from their store that had been installed earlier on the stair leading to the basement. We went to the store and borrowed a sample to see how it would look with the light and wood floor finish. He promptly followed up with an estimate. We agreed on price then a two person crew came to the Nashville home. They were professional, hardworking, courteous and cleaned up very well after the job was complete. My wife and I agreed that the new carpet is perfect for our home and we're so pleased with the outcome. Our experience with Brothers throughout this process has been excellent and we'll not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Install new carpet and padding in two upstairs bedrooms, the landing area, the stairs and the master bedroom closet.

06/11/2018

ADAM P.

The original estimate was fine. He was nice and on time. He took some drawings and told me that they would email me a quote. I never heard from them again so I hired another company to do the work.

Description of Work
Repair damaged laminate hardwood

Category flooring contractor

Sorry the timing did not work out. We needed to review the scope with the installer we had in mine and have not had a chance to do that yet. He has been on a project now for over a week and goes straight to the job. My apologies we didn't get you a quote in time

05/08/2018

LISA D.

Very well. From meeting in the store to floor completion.

Description of Work
Replaced flooring in Laundry room, hallway and kitchen

05/07/2018

TERRY M.

It was a great experience. He showed up on time and completed the job as promised. He was very meticulous and cleaned up after he was finished. All interactions with with everyone at Brothers was positive. In fact, I am going to have them do additional work.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor replaced

04/18/2018

Wendell R.

The owners were very cooperative with our timetable for installation. The installers were exceptionally professional and hardworking. We are most pleased with our new floors.

Description of Work
We had old flooring taken out and new hardwood flooring installed in our dining room, great room, kitchen breakfast room area, front entrance way and hallways.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for the opportunity. Please let us know if you need anything in the future.

03/01/2018

Brett B.

Our experience with Brothers Flooring was excellent! The quote they provided was quick and reasonable and their installers were extremely professional. Our new tiger wood flooring and custom carpet are a beautiful addition to our home. This was the second time they have installed flooring for us and we will not hesitate to seek both their advice and expertise on our next project.

Description of Work
New hardwood flooring, custom carpet

02/27/2018

brian W.

The people at Brother's Flooring were very professional, courteous, and friendly. They gave us a fair deal and the flooring looks great in our home. I would recommend Brother's Flooring to anyone interested in new flooring or carpeting.

Description of Work
We had new flooring installed in our home

02/12/2018

Jason P.

We are very satisfied with the whole experience from Andrew’s help in store to Brian and his crew performing the labor we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Finding contractors that do a good job without being babysat is hard and the experience we had with Brothers Flooring was top notch! We will definitely be using them for any flooring needs in the future and highly recommend them, not a complement that I give out easily!

Description of Work
We had luxury vinyl flooring throughout our house and carpet on our stairs. This was a big job that took several weeks and we couldn’t be happier with the outcome!

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

01/17/2018

Matt B.

Overall, A-minus, Andrew was an A+ - really great to work with throughout shopping/selection/sales and scheduling process. We were looking for three different carpet styles and we are particular. Had certain things in mind that were hard to find. Andrew was very knowledgeable, helpful and patient, spending lots of time with us going through numerous rounds of taking samples home, ordering samples, contacting reps and talking with installation experts for ideas and advice, letting us talk with their top carpet installer, and being very patient. He worked with us on prices and we felt we got a very fair deal. He let me know about a manufacturer's upcoming promotion so we could take advantage of a discount, gave us some discounts and asked other reps for price breaks. Ultimately we decided on 3 different carpets and opted for hardwood for our office. He couldn't get the carpet we wanted for the stairwell but agreed to install it, not a problem, so we bought that from another store. (While in the shopping phase, I worked with two other stores, and their responsiveness was terrible! Very frustrating. That was never a problem with Andrew.) We are very happy with the actual carpets and love the hardwood. Am saying "B" (I would say B+) for quality and responsiveness because of some minor frustrations during install. We had an issue with some small chips when hardwood floorboards were cut, and a squeaky spot, so we had to have a couple of boards redone another day. And two wall dings that we had to patch and repaint. The carpet installation crew did a good job, especially Raul who is skilled and attentive to detail, and who also provided much appreciated advice in advance. We were nervous when they said they wanted to stay to finish the job after hours rather than come back the next day, because by that time it was pretty dark and difficult to see with limited lighting. They didn't leave until around 8 p.m. In the light of day the next day, there was an area where the uneven alignment of ridges on one step was pretty noticeable, and we asked if they could come back and take a look; we were told there was nothing more that could be done due to the nature of the carpet we selected. That's probably true, and overall, it's a great job with carpet that is especially challenging to install. We just couldn't help wondering if they couldn't really see it well the night before and were a little disappointed they wouldn't come by to take another peek. Oh, well. So, overall, very good experience. Happy to support a local, family business, too.

Description of Work
Replace carpet in multiple rooms and staircase, replace carpet with hardwood in one room

12/03/2017

Jane F.

We wanted to upgrade the quality of our carpet, which was builder-grade and 18 years old, and so we purchased Mohawk Smartstrand carpeting for the upper level of our home. We wanted it done as soon as we completed a master bath remodel, so we had to change the install date a couple of times, and Brothers worked with us to get us the dates we needed even though it was their very busy fall season. We had never selected new carpet before, so Andrew helped us, in our two visits to the store, to learn more about carpet and which pad to get. He brought the color samples to our house when he measured so we could see the samples on site. Andrew helped us to choose the very soft and dense carpet we wanted for the master, and a more moderately-priced carpet that is also very nice for the other bedrooms. The installation was amazing. The crew of three men worked a ten-hour day to get it all done. They could not have been more respectful of our belongings. After they left and we went up to start to put everything away, we found that all of the large pieces of furniture were back in place and the small things that they may have had to move were undamaged and orderly. We cannot say enough about the carpet installers and the look of the finished job,. We are very happy with our new carpet.

Description of Work
Remove 170 square yards of carpet and padding from four bedrooms and large bonus room, supply and install new pad and carpet. Job included walk-in master closet and all other bedroom closets.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the kind words [Member Information Removed] the opportunity to serve you. Look forward to the next time we can help.

11/08/2017

Jeff P.

Met our expectations and then some! Couldn't be happier. The company is committed to doing a great job.

Description of Work
Remodeling install hardwood floor in sun room, carpet in sewing room and tile in bathroom and subway tile in kitchen. Selection was good, customer service very responsive and very polite, neat and professional installers.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Glad you are happy! Spread the word. Thank you

10/23/2017

Paul M.

We are very happy with our new hardwood floor and the craftsmanship on the fireplace facade. When they started tearing up the old parquet floor...surprise...there were 2 layers, one on top of the other. Without complaint they removed both floors (double the rubbish which they disposed of) and did a beautiful job with our new floor. Their installer on the fireplace material was a true craftsman. This is the 4th job we've had Brothers do and we will continue to go to them again. Very professional, reasonable and fun to work with!

Description of Work
We needed a new wood floor for the first floor of our condo and wanted a new look for the fireplace.

Thank you!

10/20/2017

leah S.

Beautiful work, done when promised in the correct time frame. There were a couple of problems but they were addressed immediately and rectified. Most of all, I like all of the people who work there.

Description of Work
I had a kitchen floor replaced, first floor hardwoods sanded and refinished, and a tile bathroom floor installed.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

10/19/2017

Joan K.

Extremely pleased with workmanship and professionalism.

Description of Work
We had Coretec flooring installed in both our main and upper levels of our home.

10/18/2017

WILLIAM S.

We were very pleased with the process from start to finish. We love our new floors!

Description of Work
Removed existing flooring (a mix of carpet, laminate and hardwood) and installed new hardwood floors throughout our house.