Blair Well & Pump Service

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2015

3707 Ferguson Rd

Indianapolis, IN 46239

Blair Well & Pump Service is a family owned and operated business with over 40 years of experience. We offer night and weekend emergency services with no overtime rate. We only install the best equipment that gives our customers great performance and longevity. All of our pumps are Flint&Walling brand and are produced locally here in indiana, and carry a 5 year warranty. Our technicians are seasoned veterans, and carry a indiana pump installers license. We service residential and commercial well systems at a fair price with a great warranty. None of our technicians are paid on commission so there's no big corporate upsell. We only sell our clients what they need and thats our guarantee to all of our customers. We appreciate you taking the time to read our business description if there's anything we can help you with or assist you with in the future please don't hesitate to give us a call....

10/09/2020

Sarah B.

They were very responsive and returned my call when I had an update about the project.

Description of Work
Had water and pressure last night. No pressure this am. Have checked the power at the panel and at the breaker at the pump. Tank shows 0 pressure on the valve. Took off the pressure switch cover. It's not sparking when tapped.

09/25/2020

Sarah B.

The pressure switch on our well had broken and needed to be replaced quickly since we were without water. I submitted a quote request and received a call from the company within a hour. I called the company again after reassessing the issue and updated the request for service to include a tank evaluation. Gary Keaster arrived after 5pm, assessed that our pressure tank had a leak in the bladder, was not holding pressure, and had flooded. He installed a new switch and tank in ≥1.5 hrs.

Description of Work
I needed a new well tank and pressure switch

Category plumbing,wells

03/11/2020

Don B.

I called right before 5 PM and they came out first thing next day. They were extremely nice and explained everything really well and I believe the cost was very reasonable. Very pleased with them and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
well pump was out

01/17/2018

Daniel W.

Very professional. They knew what they were doing!

Description of Work
Replaced well pump and pressure tank

10/27/2017

MICHAEL J.

I called Mack Blair based on the recommendation of our neighbor. Mack responded the same day (Wednesday) and said he could squeeze us in on Friday afternoon. He gave me a ball park estimate of $3000, wow I thought that was high but I was thinking it was worse case and maybe it would be less when the work was completed (oh so wrong). In the meantime he asked that I call 811 to get the electrical lines marked. He arrived at about 2:30 on Friday as he said and began the work. By 4:00 we had water. He had to dig down about 5' to get to the problem, added to that was a gas line that he had to cautiously work around. When he was done he provided an invoice for the full $3000. I was able to talk him down -$50 as advertised on his webpage. I was so glad to have it repaired and I feel he did an exceptional job but I'm not sure about the high cost. So, I gave him a B primarily because of the cost and there was a drizzling rain at the time and his crew tracked in considerable amounts of mud. I understand it was rainy but I hope Mack in the future would be more cognizant in trying to limit the mess. Mack and his crew are a hard working bunch and I know I will call him again in the future.

Description of Work
The main water line from the well that comes into the house spring a leak and flooded our finished basement. It could only be repaired from the outside at the base of the foundation where the line comes into the house. We had to keep the water off for several days.

Category wells

we appreciate your business very much and I'm sorry if my crew tracked in any mud or debris and we would gladly come back and clean it up the any mess we left. Thank you very much

07/12/2017

VIC W.

The first day, they said they would have to excavate to replace a part (pit valve?). They brought the excavator the next day, but then decided that they did not have to replace the part after all. However, they charged me $300 extra for transporting the excavator. Also, they forgot to turn the water conditioner back on, resulting in iron-tinged bathroom fixtures that needed extra effort to clean. They were, however, quite polite with their overcharging and neglect.

Description of Work
Well pump replacement.

Category wells

sir we do appreciate your work but you forgot a few things about the job how that we couldn't get a hoist truck in the yard where we needed to be so we had to take that machine that cost you $300.00 and lift that pump out because it was set on 100' of steel pipe. Our company has never overcharged anyone and we don't intend to start we do appreciate the work but we believe that you're mistaken and you forgot a few things that were done on this job. The job was billed appropriately and we are very cost-efficient company and we stand behind it 100% and we didn't bypass your water softener the plumber you had there before us had did that. That had nothing to do with us sir. Thank you for your time and we hope this will shed some light on the situation

06/21/2017

Effie K.

Went very well. Service was fast and done in a manner that saved lots of money.

Description of Work
Fixed broken water pipes in crawl space.

Category wells

we appreciate your business and we look forward to working with you in the future

05/25/2017

Megan K.

They responded to my emergency call within 45 minutes. My well pump tank had a pinhole-sized leak and the tank needed to be replaced given its age. They updated the entire system to bring it to code and worked with my schedule to complete the job as soon as they could.

Description of Work
They installed a new well pump and motor, reran plumbing, and coordinated the digging of a new well. Removal of the old tanks and motors.

Category plumbing,wells

thank you for your business and we look forward to working with you in the future

01/06/2017

Alberta C.

I called him that we didn't have water and needed him to check the pump. He came out and said we need a new pump. We asked how much, and he said $1200-1800. He never gave us an estimate, it was a verbal quote. He sent out his help to do the work. He asked for the check and I didn't know how much to give him so I wrote a check for $1200. I called him said I needed the bill and the information on the new pump and well. A few weeks or a month went by, and I told my husband we needed to get the well checked. We sent a sample to a lab and they said it wasn't any good. He called him to come out and look at it. He never showed. He got argumentative with my husband about getting him to come out and shock the well. He said he had some good tablets to get the water fix but never showed to do this either. We ended up having to buy a water system for us to drink the water. Six months later, he put a bill in my mail box saying that we still owe him $600! I called the Board of Health and they said he didn't get a permit to install the pump and had a tendency to let his license lapse. I called a few other plumbers that said he should have stocked the well right away. He should have put the tablets in and told us to wait 48 hours before we used the water. He didn't do that.

Description of Work
New pump installed for well.

Category plumbing

we always chlorinate the well during pump installation. A special 3" pump had to be installed due to tight clearances in the well casing. well was also blown and cleaned out. the customer was short on money so we were willing to help them out and take payments. I'm sorry for any miscommunication but I think there was much more done on this job than what you recall

10/14/2016

Kathie M.

Discovered that my well had been leaking for possibly ten days while we were out of town. Water had saturated our lawn and spread to our neighbor's yard. Googled water wells. Reached an answering service with the first company I called. Then I called Blair. They explained what I needed to do to get all ultilities to sign off on digging. This was accomplished in under two hours. Called Blair back to give them the go-ahead and a crew was out within the hour. The work was accomplished with as little damage to my saturated front lawn as possible. The crew was very professional and the job was done from start to finish in a few hours.

Description of Work
Needed my leaking well repaired.

Category water softeners,wells

We appreciate your business very much and look forward to working with you in the future

Cooper's Water Conditioning

Established in 1978, Cooper's Water Conditioning has national brand name whole house water softeners, reverse osmosis drinking water systems, and iron filters that last for years without interruption. We are a family-owned business that offers the highest quality water treatment at affordable prices. Our service area is Indianapolis and all surrounding areas .

Aqua Otter

Welcome to Aqua Otter, a locally owned and operated water purification company serving Indianapolis, IN, and the surrounding area since 2002. Even our supplier Hydrotech Canature Water Group located in Carmel IN. We offer the top water filtration systems and water conditioning services in the industry. Our professional and reliable staff will improve the quality of your water for you, your home, and your office. We strongly believe in honest, quality work and truly care about our customers. Our goal is to find you the solution you need as quickly as possible and deliver quality water.

Roby's Plumbing

Welcome to Roby’s Plumbing! . Our plumbing company comes highly regarded by many loyal, satisfied customers because we have been in the plumbing business since 1955! Our dedication to excellent plumbing service is unrivaled by the competition. Outstanding skill, experience, and attention to detail allow us to provide affordable solutions for all your plumbing problems. Roby’s Plumbing has serviced the Anderson, Indianapolis and surrounding areas for more than 50 years! 12 employees. No subs. Charges a flat rate. No travel charges. Extra charge for after hours service. License number: cp88600767. Senior Discount-$20

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available