Bicycle Garage Indy Inc/BGI Fitness

Founded 1983 • With Angi since May 2003

8804 Bash Street, Suite E

Indianapolis, IN 46256

BGI Fitness. 75 Eemployees. No subs. Travel charges apply.

08/24/2016

Mark K.

This place was great. I'm new to cycling and needed help. They were patient and helpful without pushing a sale. Most of their stuff was kinda pricey but the quality is top notch. I will definitely return just due to the helpfulness of the people.

Description of Work
Purchased bicycle

Category bicycles

[Member Name Removed], thanks for your kind comments about BGI. I have passed them on to the entire Team as positive reinforcement for the job they do. We sincerely appreciate your business and give me a call on my cell if there is anything I can do for you. Randy Clark, Pres 317-965-5369.

01/23/2011

ted B.

Purchased treadmill from HSN.com. I did assembly, but machine did not work. Called BGI and they fixed it in 45 minutes. Technician found faulty wire and fixed it.

Description of Work
Treadmill repair.

01/18/2011

FRANKLIN H.

The representative who came out was outstanding! He was the nicest person you'll ever meet. My wife and I felt very comfortable having him in our home. He examined our entire treadmill and cleaned it. It now works perfectly. It was a lot cheaper than we anticipated.

Description of Work
We had trouble with a treadmill and we called this company to look at it.

11/13/2010

Jason S.

It went very well. They arrived on time as promised. They were very professional. The charge was reasonable,($105) for two workers to disassemble the treadmill, move to basement and reassemble. They did such a good job that I have hired them to come back next to tune up the treadmill. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
I hired BGI Fitness North to move my treadmill from my second story to my newly finished basement.

11/10/2010

MARY P.

Excellent service department! Used them many times and always reliable.

Description of Work
Serviced treadmill and diagnosed problems with motor and belt.

11/03/2010

CHRIS G.

excellent..we have a commercial grade treadmill that ways a ton! The BGI guys were very careful and very hard working!

Description of Work
treadmill move

10/25/2010

Linda P.

The delivery was flawless. The crew was punctual, polite and knowledgeable!

Description of Work
in home delivery of PreCore treadmill

10/15/2010

PHILLIP & ANNETTE D.

He just charged for the tune-up; because the problem was so simple to fix (loose wire). He also showed me how to fix the digital message that initially prompted my call for service. (It first displayed E4, then went blank.)

Description of Work
Treadmill was not working. He fixed the problem & gave it a tune-up (as it was due & we discussed that on the phone).

09/26/2010

Jennifer W.

They were very punctual for the appointment and friendly too. He assessed the system and reassembled it in about 30 minutes. They charged only $75 to do it. He was very thorough in making sure all the parts were tightened and lubricated. It functions very well now.

Description of Work
I had them come out and reassemble a Body Solid Universal Weight System. We had it partially disassembled due to having to move it but we could not figure out how to get it back together. The cabling seemed complicated!

08/24/2010

KATHERINE & THOMAS M.

I tell all my friends not to buy exercise equipment anywhere but BGI Fitness - they really take care of you.

Description of Work
Maintenance on treadmill and elliptical trainer.

12/14/2009

JOE P.

It's a very good company. We were very pleased with them.

Description of Work
We recently purchased a treadmill from them.

02/10/2009

NANCY M.

Explained over phone that treatmill stopped working. Was given info about service call and price to come to home. Was transfered to another person who talked with me and suggested I try to find the fuses as they could be the problem. I then called the Precor company from the number on the treadmill and they helped me find the fuses. Went to Radio Shack and bought fuses which turned out to be the problem. The people at BGI fitness were wonderful and could have just make a house call and alot of money but were helpful and willing to talk to me and help find the problem.

Description of Work
Phone call to fix broken tread mill that was 18 years old. The company where I purchased the Precor treadmill is no longer in business.

08/13/2008

Jim L.

They let us now that we can tilt our old seat which is what we wanted. They did an great job for us.

Description of Work
They installed a new bicycle set for our stationary bike.

10/12/2006

MARY P.

Their price might be higher than other stores, but the quality of product is excellent. We have an elliptical trainer that we bought from them a few years ago. It is great too.

Description of Work
They delivered and installed a treadmill.

05/16/2006

I couldnt have been more pleased. They were young, strong, & did everything right. They were very careful not to hit anything. Perfect & they came early.

Description of Work
The young men who delivered my new stationary bike were so nice. Theyre getting rid of the old one, too.

11/30/2005

KAREN K.

THE PERSON THAT ANSWERED THE PHONE WAS FAMILIAR WITH MY EQUIPMENT, AND SET UP AN APPOINTMENT. THE INDIVIDUAL SHOWED UP ON TIME, WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS, AND TOLD ME EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO. HE SEEMED TO BE EFFICIENT, AND HE TESTED OUT THE EQUIPMENT TO ENSURE THAT IT WAS IN WORKING ORDER. I FEEL THAT THE SERVICE WAS GREAT!

Description of Work
I HAVE A TREADMILL AND A STAIR-STEP MACHINE THAT I BROUGHT HERE WITH ME WHEN I MOVED 2 YEARS AGO. I HAD NEVER MANAGED TO FIND THE TIME TO SET THEM UP. I ASKED BGI TO SERVICE THEM AND MAKE THEM USABLE AGAIN IF POSSIBLE.

02/18/2005

MARTHA & PAUL S.

Description of Work
THEY CAME AND INSTALLED A NEW STATIONARY BICYCLE IN OUR BASEMENT; THEY WERE POLITE AND THOROUGH AND VERY NICE. WE WOULD USE THEM AGAIN.

12/06/2004

TOM H.

THE REPAIRMAN CAME ON TIME. AFTER I HAD USED MY MACHINE TWICE, A SCREW FELL OUT. NO BIG DEAL, REALLY.

Description of Work
A REPAIRMAN CAME TO MY HOUSE AND REPLACED SEVERAL OF THE WIRES THAT HAD WORN OUT ON MY ELLIPTICAL TRAINER.

08/10/2004

FRANCES ELAINE R.

THEY WERE VERY NICE TO FIT US INTO THEIR SCHEDULE ON SHORT NOTICE.

Description of Work
WE HAVE HOIST, WEIGH, STACK, WEIGHT EQUIPMENT AND THEY HAD TO DISASSEMBLE AND REASSEMBLE IT TO MAKE ROOM FOR REPLACING THE WATER HEATER. ON ANOTHER OCCASION, A WEEK LATER, THEY REPAIRED MY TREADMILL.

03/15/2004

DON D.

THE ORIGINAL PRICE QUOTED WAS NOT THE PRICE AT THE TIME OF SERVICE. TOTAL BILL WAS APPROX. $100 HIGHER THAN PREVIOUSLY QUOTED. AFTER DISCUSSING THIS WITH BGI (RICK), THEY HONORED THEIR ORIGINAL QUOTE PLUS THE ANGIE'S LIST MEMBER DISCOUNT.

Description of Work
CONTRACTED BGI TO MOVE FITNESS EQUIPMENT (ORIGINALLY PURCHASED FROM THEM) FROM ONE HOUSE TO ANOTHER.

01/04/2004

ELIZABETH O.

THEY WERE RIGHT ON TIME, VERY PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
ROUTINE MAINTENANCE ON TREADMILL PURCHASED ELSEWHERE.

05/02/2003

BERNARD & MARCENE B.

THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO FIND THE EXACT PART, BUT FOUND ONE THAT WOULD WORK, AND GAVE IT TO ME WITHOUT CHARGE, SINCE IT WAS A SMALL PART.

Description of Work
SUPPLIED PART FOR A TREADMILL.

08/24/1998

JEANNE C.

FIXED TREADMILL, CAME BACK AGAIN FOR A REPAIR THAT WAS NOT THEIR FAULT FOR NO CHARGE

Fitness - Equipment
    Bicycles
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Fitness service location only. Fitness equipment service & delivery. Commercial sales. Services most makes & models. You can drop your equipment off at either retail location, and they can transfer it to this location for repair. They also do in-home repairs.

Residential sales from this location.