Ajax Carpet Service

Founded 1978 • With Angi since February 2010

7011 Monroe Ave

Hammond, IN 46324

We're The one you'll recommend. Our service is incredibly cost efficient while we perform the highest standard of carpet cleaning service.

03/12/2020

Nancy G.

Dennis did a fine job, going to have him back to do living room.. He's a great associate, (representive) for Angie's List.

Description of Work
Family room carpet cleaned.

02/23/2020

GAYLE S.

Dennis was supposed to call me 2 weeks ago to set up a time but never got back to me.

Description of Work
Spot clean carpet.

09/21/2019

SUSAN W.

They did a wonderful job, got out all the stains. Carpet looks very nice.

Description of Work
Clean living room carpet

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you for taking time for this review, [Member Name Removed]. I wish you luck when the for sale sign goes up for a quick sale.

11/24/2018

Dan S.

Dennis came out same day to estimate Scheduled for a few days later. Overall the job came out well, a few pet stains were improved but didn't removed, but the carpets were much improved.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners

Thanks for taking time to post this review, [Member Name Removed]. Hope you'll have a Merry Christmas.

05/05/2018

Paul R.

Very pleased. Dennis arrived exactly at 9:30am as scheduled. Our carpet is 17 years old and we are preparing to put the house up for sale. He ran into problems with stretching as the carpet would not pull up next to the tile. They did the best they could and it does look better. All rooms were cleaned and make the carpet look 10 years younger. Dennis needs to fix the oil leak on his truck as it leaked oil on my concrete driveway. My big complaint is that he wore an IU cap into a house owned by Purdue graduates. In spite of that, I would hire again if we were staying in the area.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning and stretching.

Category carpet cleaners

My truck only leaks oil in foreign land (Purdue). LOL. All seriousness aside, sorry about that; didn't know that happened. I will take it in this week to fix that problem. The best part of my work is meeting people like you and Tina. I felt like we were old friends. I enjoyed our conversation very much and will miss not coming back to see you again. Powell, Ohio is a bit out of my service area. My pastor said you are moving to a very nice area. Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. I wish you the best as you spend quality time with your grand kids.

01/03/2018

Amanda B.

Everything went great! We were in such a rush, moving day was on Saturday and i'm calling carpet cleaners the Tuesday after Christmas AHHHH! Not too mention both my husband and I work and the only day we had available was the Friday before. I tried calling the larger chains, they gave me a general price, they said they needed to hook up to my water, and they could only schedule something after the move. I called about 4 different places and Dennis (the owner) was the first person to ask me about room size. He said he could measure but with our schedules we couldn't sync up in time so i gave him room dimensions and he did his best to quote me based on that alone. The price shocked me at first so i verified with those bigger chains, this time I gave them the room sizes (which they never asked for), and guess what the prices doubled! That would not have been something i wanted to find out day of. We are first time home buyers, this was never really a service we needed before but Dennis was so honest and helpful I don't think I would let anyone else do it. With the move being the next day I was concerned about drying time but Dennis gave us some tips to help with that and by Saturday morning everything was dry and ready to go. Thank you again Dennis!

Description of Work
Carpet Cleaning - Bedrooms, Living room, & Dining room

Category carpet cleaners

[Member Name Removed], I asked my assistant one day "What business are we in?" He asked if it was a trick question, then answered carpet cleaning. I said, "No. we're in the people pleasing business." Anybody can learn how to push a wand back and forth. My joy is meeting and serving my customers. My assistant being ill, coupled with the extreme cold, made for a tough day. But we (you, Mike and me) got it done, didn't we. I am blown away by your wonderful, thoughtful review. What a way to start the new year. I wish you and your family the absolute best for 2018, and beyond. My heartfelt Thank You! Dennis

09/26/2017

Sandy K.

He did very well! He came quickly and did a great job! He was very nice and interesting!

Description of Work
He cleaned our sectional sofa.

09/21/2017

Carol C.

With Ajax, it always goes well. The guys are terrific and I always recommend them to family, friends, and professional relationships. They get amazing results from my carpets. I have two cats that would rather come to the carpet to vomit than stay on flooring. Ajax always gets my carpets looking almost brand new each time I use them. You can't go wrong with these guys! Thanks again.

Description of Work
Needed my bedroom, living room, and dining carpets cleaned.

03/13/2017

Denise B.

Owner came out promptly to give a quote. Work was done well with attention to detail.I would definitely Use them again.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning entire home

10/28/2016

Phyllis F.

Very pleasant people, I'm impressed with angies list, everyone I've had has been super. The service was efficient, they moved the furniture for not extra charge, it was my first carpet clean for very large rooms. The price was very affordable, I was satisfied with this.

Description of Work
Cleaned two rooms and a hallway and scotch guarded everything.

10/24/2016

Robert M.

see above, plus they were very fast and clean.

Description of Work
They did a fantastic job & were very professional. He stopped by to inspect the carpet before giving me a price which I thought was great this way they knew what they had to clean. Took care with furniture by lifting each piece up and putting blocks under so it would dry better. He even offered to stop back and do a small stair case repair to lock the carpet down better. I was very pleased and would use again.

08/29/2016

Ronald M.

Great! I would recommend Dennis to anyone.

Description of Work
Whole house carpet cleaning before I moved in.

03/15/2016

Susan H.

He did a fantastic job Very fast and got ALL sorts removed. Also dried very fast.

Description of Work
Cleaned three rooms of carpet

01/19/2016

Henriett K.

Very friendly and conscientious service. Good with pre check on date and time since we were in the midst of a move and wanted the carpets cleaned on the 5th so we could have movers bring furniture the sixth. The carpets look and feel great. Owner went above and beyond to make sure we were pleased with outcome. Would definately recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in entire townhouse

Category carpet cleaners

Thanks for the nice review. My goal is satisfied, happy customers. My carpet cleaning service just happens to be a means to that end. Unlike any other job we have done, this one required some precise coordination. Judging by your review, it seems to have worked out perfectly. That is my favorite part of being in the people pleasing business.

12/10/2015

Diane S.

Cleaned and stretched my carpet in living room and dinning room.Also moved the furniture and put it back where I had it.I'm very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
cleaned and stretched carpet

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

Thank you so much for taking the time for this review. My customers tell me that these reviews are of great help when deciding who they want to come into their home. It was my pleasure coming into yours. I will always be at your service. I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

10/04/2015

Carol C.

I can's say enough about Dennis and John. Dennis came out a couple of days before and gave me an estimate. They arrived promptly and set to work. When they were done, they cleaned up all non-rugged areas and answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. The rugs were mostly dry by late evening and by early the next morning I was able to let my pets out and walk on the carpets. The rugs were wonderfully clean. I had many tracked areas of dirt and the cats had vomited in severeal areas. All problem spots were clean. The rugs looked fantastic! I will certainly highly recommend Ajax for any future carpet cleaning needs.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaned my living/dining room and the master bedroom. He also arranged for an area rug to be cleaned by another provider in the area.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

I apologize for not replying to this wonderful review sooner. When I returned to your home 3 1/2 hours after we cleaned your carpet I was really surprised that it was dry already. I have related that fact to customers since then. Not assuring them it will be dry that quickly, but it realistically can be. It was a pleasure meeting you and performing a service that you appreciated well enough to send this appreciated review.

06/26/2015

James P.

Great job. Dennis worked on the patching while John went to work with the truck mounted steam cleaner. The patching came out real nice and the carpet is as clean as ever. The chair seats were a last minute add on and they didn't mind doing them at all. They did a real good job on them as well. I will be calling them back to do our family room and hallway as well. I recommend them.

Description of Work
cleaned carpeting on stairs, living room, hallway and landing, patched two areas where a stupid dog had chewed holes, cleaned 8 dining room table seats.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation, upholstery cleaning

Thank you for sending this nice review, (Removed member name). Just as you read reviews from other satisfied customers, your review will surely help potential customers make their carpet decisions. Glad the patches were to your liking. And, don't be too hard on your "stupid" dog. lol. They are pretty cool and I enjoyed giving them a some attention. Look forward to serving you again.

06/23/2015

Sean L.

Dennis provided me with an estimate and then did the carpet cleaning the same day. He was prompt, efficient and does a nice job communicating with you. I would definitely use him again and would recommend him to others. He also didn't charge me for cleaning part of our couch that we needed cleaned. Very friendly. He also provided me with a good book recommendation.

Description of Work
Cleaned my basement carpet after flooding

Category carpet cleaners, water damage restoration

Thank you very much for sending this review. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. Being friendly is how we should all conduct ourselves and it is especially easy to be friendly with people like you. I will look forward to serving you again whenever the need arises.

06/03/2015

Roman P.

Excellent job. On time. Quick. Professional.

Description of Work
Carpet clinic 2 rooms

Category carpet cleaners

These reviews do help my business and appreciate your taking the time to submit this. I will always be there to serve you whenever needed.

03/08/2015

Kim K.

Wonderful. He came out gave me an estimate and performed the service soon after.

Description of Work
Cleaned living room, hallway and bedroom carpets.

Category carpet cleaners

Thank you so much for taking the time with your review. We cleaned the major traffic lanes in the hall and living room a second time to make sure we did the best we could. Best of luck to you.

02/18/2015

Mike C.

Contacted Ajax Carpet and owner, Dennis Mamelson, came to our home the same day and provided an estimate. We agreed on pricing and scheduled the services. Due to extremely cold weather, we did move the start time from 8 AM to 1 PM on the day of service. Mr. Mamelson accompanied his worker and efficiently performed the work in about 2-1/2 hours. He provided special dryers to 2 bedrooms that were used as offices so that we could access them as soon as possible. The carpets had now been cleaned since they had been installed in 2009 and they look great. I found Mr. Mamelson to be thorough, professional and a good communicator. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Cleaned the carpet in living room, dining room, upstairs hall and 5 bedrooms.

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

Thank you very much for your kind words. It means a lot to me that you took the time to write your review. I not only found great satisfaction working for you but enjoyed our conversations even more. I will always be at your service.

01/02/2015

Michael B.

I called Dennis on Tuesday (12/30/14) to inquire about service. He came out that afternoon to provide a fair and thorough estimate. If that wasn't amazing enough, he was able to come out today (1/2/15) to do the job. He and his assistant were right on time. They set up and got to work right away. Very conscientious--moving a tree into a carpeted room to reduce clean up during extraction, towels everywhere to keep hard floors dry, edge protectors for walls and furniture to prevent hoses from damaging them, and even setting up furniture cushions with sheets to prevent possible bleedthrough damage. We had an area of high traffic that other companies just couldn't clean well. It was understandable due to our abuse of the area, but Ajax did three cleanings and made that area look better than I have seen it in at least six years. Furniture moved and protected throughout. They even moved the cat tree back to the front of the house (it's big and heavy). Both men couldn't be more pleasant and professional. This is a company that is focused on doing a job well and went way beyond my expectations for quality. Highly, highly recommend this company. Oh, and Dennis bakes cookies around this time of year and gave us a couple of plates just because. Who does that? Thanks Ajax!

Description of Work
Cleaned two rooms of carpeting, a couch, a love seat, and two cat trees.

Category carpet cleaners

Wow! You blew me away with your kind words. Next time I need my carpet cleaned I think I'll call Ajax myself. lol. The best part about serving the public is meeting people like you, who are a joy to be around, recognize the detail we put into our work, and acknowledge it to others in a forum like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to send this thoughtful review. Now it looks like I will have to put you on my 'cookie list'. And if everyone who reads this and hires us expects cookies ... I guess I'll be spending more time at the oven come Christmas time.

11/18/2014

RONALD C.

Did a great job on cleaning the carpets and cleaned the recliners arm rests twice.

Description of Work
Cleaned 3 rooms and a recliner

Category carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaning

Thank you so much for your review (member name removed). And I'm glad the spotter I left with you worked so well. Only problem is you know how to remove spots now and will not need to hire me for those small jobs. lol. I'll just look forward to the major cleaning.

09/14/2014

Paul R.

Dennis did a great job. He was supposed to be there at 12:30. He called around 11:45 to say that he was running late. He arrived at around 1. Things come up that can alter a schedule and I appreciate that he called even though he was not that late. There were many cat stains in the carpet and Dennis got them out. He was easy to work. He was professional with very pleasant and engaging personality. I'm extremely pleased with his work and will be using him to clean the carpet in my house.

Description of Work
Dennis cleaned the aprox 700 sq ft of carpet in my girlfriend's condo. There were many stains and traffic patterns in the carpet which he was able to get out.

Category carpet cleaners

Sorry for my tardiness responding to your review. If I charged by the hour the price would have been significantly higher as we talked and talked the day I met you for the job quote. ha ha. What great conversation it was. Cleaning carpet is easy. It takes not only the knowledge of what to do but diligence in doing everything necessary to please the customer. I like to feel that I have made a new friend when I leave a job and that is the way I felt when we met. I look forward to meeting you again, if only for more stimulating conversation. Your review is greatly appreciated.

08/15/2014

Phyllis C.

Would recommend this provider and will use him in the future.

Description of Work
Prompt and reliable. Cleaned all area rugs and carpets as well as a very large ottoman. Everything looks great and took much less time than anticipated

Good Home Cleaning Services

Good Home Cleaning is a leading home cleaning company offering quick, dependable solutions for the clients home cleaning needs, supported by first-rate customer service. By executing the cleaning work correctly every time, we eliminate the stress of having an untidy living space. Our knowledgeable, qualified, and committed staff members genuinely care about their work and go above and beyond to satisfy our clients. We combine the best cleaning techniques with cutting-edge tools to make your space cleaner and safer.

Clean Creations Cleaning Services LLC

Cleaning is more than creating an environment that’s free from dust and dirt. It’s more of taking care of yourself, the people around you, and the property you live or work in. Keep everything and everyone in great condition with help from Clean Creations Cleaning Services. We offer cleaning services, including carpet and upholstery cleaning, to clients across the Chicago metropolitan area in Illinois and Indiana. Request a free quote or estimate today! We clean carpet, upholstery, tile & grout, and personal vehicles. We also clean houses both vacant and occupied (standard and deep cleaning)

Offers Coupon

Cleaning Warrior, LLC

Specializing in Commercial Cleaning! We have the experience and dedication to do the job right the first time! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Now more than ever, it's important to keep a clean and sanitary environment. 10% OFF for Veterans and Seniors! Deep Cleaning Seasonal Special: 2 Person Crew, Interior and Exterior. Call to schedule an estimate today!

Carpet & upholstery cleaning. Carpet installation. Re stretches & repair. Water damage.

Fire restoration. Major water damage restoration.