Fox Premier Hardwood Flooring

Guilford, IN 47022

Hardwood flooring industry

10/16/2022

Tami U.

Jim and his crew did an outstanding job on our floors. They refinished two areas and installed new hardwood in two different areas and steps previously carpeted. They fingered in the new hardwood with the old. You’d never know we didn’t always have the entire first floor hardwood! It’s absolutely beautiful! Jim and his crew are professional, polite and hardworking. They also worked well with other contractors during our remodel. We highly recommend them!!!

Description of Work
Install & refinish hardwood floors

05/30/2018

Sarah F.

The owner, Jim, came out to do the estimate and gave me a lot of good information that helped me select the right services. The team came out and finished on the promised timing and the invoice was exactly what I had been quoted. The floors look beautiful--even better than I expected!

Description of Work
Screen & coat hardwood floors, refinish wood floor in 1 room

05/15/2017

Louis M.

the quality was very good. not the most punctual.

Description of Work
replaced carpeting in two rooms with wood floor.

07/14/2016

Amanda H.

Working with Jim Fox was truly exceptional. He is reasonable with pricing and leaves an amazing final product. We were on what I thought was an unmanageable time crunch but Jim and his crew (I believe his name was Mike) came in and finish a day early. Great communication, patience, and fabulous results. I would recommend them to anyone in any type of home. Very, very happy with their services.

Description of Work
We bought an older home in cheviot and ripped up the carpet to find pet stains EVERYWHERE.

01/26/2016

mike H.

Jim came out and looked at our situation we had going on in our basement . We have had the carpet replaced several times in the past 4 years due to a sump pump failure and a clogged drain . We wanted a different floor covering and Jim told us about a product he has been installing for a few years with great success made by Cortex. He showed us the sample chart and we picked out the color we wanted and gave him our deposit. Being so close to Christmas we where afraid the product wouldn't arrive on time. But Jim said not to worry. ( We were expecting a large crowd of family over the Holidays) On the 21st the material arrived and the next morning Jims crew went to work. His crew wasted no time removing the old carpet, padding & and tack strips. and before lunch half of the new floor was already laid down and by 7:30 PM our new floor was Installed. Because of the trash pickup schedule Jim and his guy's took the old carpet and pad with them for a small dump fee that was more than worth it. ( I would have paid 10 X s to get rid of it before the Holidays.) We are talking to Jim now about refinishing the floors on our first floor and if they go as well as our basement project he will be our flooring guy from now on. Thanks Jim

Description of Work
Jim came out and offered a solution to a problem we had putting carpet in our basement. With the constant threat of water in our basement we need a solution that would be water proof. His solution was a product by Cortex made from Vinyl that has the look of hardwood. His crew came out removed the carpet, padding, and tack strip. Then installed the new flooring. Its beautiful and we couldn't be happier. They even took the old carpet away for a very small fee.

01/22/2016

Rachel O.

I recently had Fox Premier Hardwood install, finish and stain all of our floors. From the first day we met with Jim to the very final day he was nothing short of amazing to work with. They were honest, dependable, conscientious and timely. We received our estimate within the first week of meeting with him. As I am very particular (okay, picky) about everything in my home Jim worked with me and answered all of my questions ? I was even able to send him a text when I needed some advice on the whole process. On top of above and beyond customer service let me just say how STUNNING my floors look! These guys know their stuff! They turned out better than I could have imagined. From start to finish (when they cleaned up and left everything looking as if they were never even here) this has been the by far the easiest, most knowledgeable company I?ve ever worked with while remodeling my home. Whenever I have company over they rave over my floors and ask who did them. I am happy to refer Fox Premier to all of my friends and family ? I will definitely use them again and again!

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Install / Refinish

11/21/2015

Jennifer L.

My husband and I contacted Jim mid-late June 2015--Jim came out to do the measurements and reviewed what we wanted done. Fox hardwood provided an estimate within a week. We offered the job and he accepted. Several back and forth emails and texts-- we asked to have the job completed by November 1. Jim said that would not be a problem-- and would prefer to start earlier then later. Several exchanges of emails and texts for the next 6 weeks with several promises. Finally in early Oct. I reached out again and Jim said he would be planning to start the job late Oct. hence no floors by Nov. 1. Then in our last phone conversation he explained the issue of trying to match our existing hardwood--so it was decided to lay raw wood and sand down the other then stain. Jim said he needed to come out one last time to remeasure. The last text message I received was an apology needed to reschedule-- he would contact me the next week. I have not heard from Jim since. I cannot contest to his work. I can say I have a new kitchen island and appliances that will be delivered within the week that will have to sit in my garage until my hardwood floors can be completed by a new company. I wish Jim was more honest with us and just said, that he was unable to complete our job.

Description of Work
Jim gave lots of promises with no production!!!

10/21/2015

sara B.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor installation.

05/31/2015

Gina E.

Jim and his crew were just great. Polite, professional and good communication. We are so thrilled with the results. Our over 60 year old hardwood looks just as good as the new. Our basement stairs were a bit of a challenge and the end result is just amazing. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
We added hardwood in the kitchen and basement stairs and refinished the rest of the existing hardwood.

09/23/2014

Alexandra K.

WOW...I can't even say enough about how beautiful our hardwood floors turned out after Jim and his team took care of our floors. We bought a 1960 home that had light hardwood floors in it. To our suprise, Jim and his team were able to match our floors to our stairs in the home almost perfectly. We were warned from the beginning that it was different types of wood and may not be perfect but boy was it pretty darn close! Jim quoted a great price and even started our job a week earlier than expected. The team was always on time and once they were finished, you couldn't even tell they had been there. Will use them again for sure!

Description of Work
Refinshed all hardwoods in home

11/25/2013

Gretchen H.

They did great work and they were very punctual. We were very impressed with their work. We would recommend and use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Fox Premier Hardwood Flooring in the end of August for refinishing our hardwood floors and adding some new hardwood floors.

10/30/2013

Tim R.

I had many quotes for this job. Fox was the lowest bid received. Although we don't usually go with the lowest bidder just for cost, Fox was recommended by a family member who is a painter and has seen their work. So we hired them, and can't believe how good the floors look! We initially thought we'd have to stain them dark to cover up the imperfections, but after they sanded them down, they were in near perfect condition. they even fixed a few places in the floor that were missing wood (due to crazy wall building by the previous owners), and even those patched areas were nearly perfect. So we were able to use a very light stain and the floors look great! Everyone who visits comments on how well they turned out... I've since recommended them to 2 friends who are currently in the process for doing their floors. I would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
We renovated a large, 1924 farmhouse. All floors were hardwood and original. They sanded and stained the floors.

07/09/2013

Andrea S.

They were very good. I liked basically everything. He was really honest and upfront. He was accommodating even though he saw that his schedule was filling up very quickly, he was still able to set us in so that we could move in on time.

Description of Work
The Fox Premier Hardwood Floors refinished our hardwoods in April.

Lovell's Hardwood Flooring

One of greater Cincinnati's only CERTIFIED Angie's List hardwood flooring contractors located in Ft. Thomas, KY. We are family owned and operated. We offer new hardwood floor installation and existing hardwood floor refinishing. Call today for your free in-home estimate. We under promise and over deliver!

Fabulous Floors of Cincinnati

Resurfacing only 99 cents per square foot! This remarkable Fabulous Floors ® system brings back the beauty and character of your hardwood floors by gently buffing minor nicks and scratches in your floor's finish, without sanding away precious wood. Then adding a protective polyurethane finish to bring out the natural color and shine. Your home is a reflection of you. Your taste! Your Style! By restoring your hardwood floors to their original luster, you add beauty and value to your home. We also offer traditional refinishing and installation at discounted rates.

2022 Super Service Award

Carpets Direct LLC

Carpets Direct was established in 1992. After being in Latonia KY for two years, we moved into our present location in Walton, KY. Through the years we have expanded our business not only to your flooring needs, but to counter-tops too. Our friendly staff will give you the personal attention you need with the quality installation that you expect. The owner Dan Meyer will personally come to your home to discuss all of your needs.

Check, PayPal