Angel Animal Hospital

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2011

110 N Bluff Rd

Greenwood, IN 46142

Angel Animal Hospital in Greenwood, IN is a full service companion animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease and pain control therapy as your pet ages; and complete medical, dental and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime....

11/13/2020

Elaine M.

This was the loveliest vet clinic with the most compassionate and caring staff I have ever experienced. I’ve had cats all my life and seen many vets but this place is heads above. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Sick cat care

Category veterinarian,pet cremation

04/21/2020

Sheri M.

Took our new AKC registered puppy For her first wellness visit where she had her puppy shots. They gave her Lepo shot which the brand has the highest rate of reaction. We took her home and she started acting strange. We called the vet and they said it was normal. That very same night we woke up to a dog in shock. We rushed her to hospital and she died. The most horrific experience of my life and this place showed NO Compassion! This place is all about the money!

Description of Work
Wellness visit

Category veterinarian,kennels

07/08/2017

SANDRA S.

We have a rescue dog that we take to the veterinarian. This dog is absolutely terrified, and since 4th of July was approaching she gave us some idea on how to help the dog through that. I don't think they did any blood work. I really like that place, I love them and you know how they care for animals. They're so nice and friendly.

Description of Work
It was for an annual check up; they checked her all over. She had to have one of her vaccinations. We also got medication there too.

06/03/2017

Richard Y.

The dog goes there quite often.? It's a Sheltie and they have issues. They're very good.? They're high priced, they're not low priced.? The quality is A and that's why we go.? Their responsiveness is excellent.?The wait time isn't long. The personnel is very good.? I would highly recommend them.?

05/18/2017

Kathy M.

They did a good job. You have to be a client there. You have to be a patient. They are nice. It's just further away. Our plan was to drop them off on the way to the airport, but that didn't happen. The only thing was, my older cat wasn't brushed for 2 weeks, but I think it was because he wouldn't come out for them to brush him. I thought the price was a little high. I don't know because I haven't boarded an animal in quite a while, so maybe they're not. The quality of service was very good. The only thing that bothered me was that the other place we used to go to would give you a little report card and they don't do that here. Unless you ask, you wouldn't know. I called and they told me how they were doing because we had never boarded 2 before.

Description of Work
It was for boarding. We boarded our two cats for two weeks.

Category kennels

06/08/2016

Tami-Rae E.

The one thing that I really don't appreciated about that clinic is that they are really pushy about filling their service that you really don't need and that's what I really don't like about that clinic but I just kind of ignore it, they do really good service just the pressure of the sales stuff that kind of bothers me. They are just friendly with the dogs, they offer pet sittings while we brought the dogs in for pet sittings rather if the sitter is not available I mean all around they are good it's just like I said it's the pushy sales stuff that just bothers me about that place.

Description of Work
I used Angel Animal Hospital for veterinarians.

04/09/2016

Chelsea H.

My pets I treat like my children. I take pride in how well I care for them and will go to great lengths to make sure they are happy and healthy. I switched to Angel about 2 years ago with my 2 dogs. At first I thought they were great, but definitely pricey. They gave me options for my basset who has severe allergy problems which was also great. They recommended a dermatologist so we did that. We put her on atopica which worked ($200 a month for this stuff)! But then ear infections, nails decaying, tumors, etc started happening so we took her off the meds and tried the next option. That didn't work. We were left going to prednisone, which is a steroid. In the meantime we took a cytology of the mass, caused by atopica, that came back inconclusive ($300 for nothing) They gave us a week supply of the steroid and said they would not give us anymore until we paid for a punch biopsy on her mass which is a more invasive procedure that would cost us an additional $300! Keep in mind this is all within one week and this tests only shows if it is cancerous or not. Well she is 8 and probably doesn't have much time left. The office ladies called 4 seperate times trying to call and schedule the punch. I asked everytime for the vet to call me back. Never once did Dr. Kovach call me back which is rude and inconsiderate. I want her happy and comfortable. Her mass is a seperate issue than her allergies... I would never make an animal suffer to make a buck. That's all this place seems to care about. Switching to Franklin Animal Clinic in Greenwood is the best thing I did for my babies.

Description of Work
See below

Category veterinarian

The client name in our files matching this address and complaint is [Member Name Removed] McFarland. We understand your frustration and desire to obtain an answer for your pet's allergies. While we do not believe it prudent or professional to discuss all the details of your pet’s medical history and concerns on social media, we feel your accusations deserve at least a brief reply. In truth, Dr. Kovach has spent several hours in appointments with you, reviewing health concerns for your pet, the need for current laboratory information including bloodwork to logically go forward, options to address allergies, and concerns for long term steroid use, especially in light of previous health information. When you stated you did not like the Dermatologist we referred you to, we gave you other referral options. At the final appointment we strongly advised against long term steroid use without current blood work as there are serious potential health complications. You declined to perform lab work which would have allowed us to evaluate your pet's current health and risks for continued steroid use, and therefore we were forced to decline a refill on the prednisone for longer than an additional week. This was not related to the mass, nor did we state the mass was a result of the Atopica. Per your request, in your last appointment we investigated the mass -- cytology read by a professional Histopathologist, costing less than half of the $300 you stated in your complaint, as you did not want to aggressively treat the allergies without a diagnosis on the mass. We always start with the least invasive procedure to minimize stress on our patients. While allergies can be very frustrating and typically require lifelong management, just as in humans, we make every attempt to do the best medicine for each pet and educate the owners as to their options and the reasons for each step. Our staff is polite and service oriented, believing everyone deserves to be spoken to with respect and kindness. In return, our clients are also expected to be respectful and polite to the staff. We understand our standards of care do not match your expectations and wish the best for you and your furry family members. Our heart for service to the community and helping pets is paramount in our mission. We regularly give tours of the entire hospital, including treatment and surgical areas, and introduce our team of dedicated professionals. We encourage all readers to call and come by for a tour so you can see the quality of care and meet our team. We are a happy group of professionals who work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of furry family members. Along with that is a strong sense of responsibility to perform to a higher standard and serve each patient’s needs with care and client education. We work closely with each client to make a logical plan for each pet. Visit our website for a virtual tour at [hyperlink removed] to see the dedication we have in providing a clean, safe, relaxing atmosphere.

03/05/2016

Karla H.

I was just there today. I had a pregnant dog with nausea problems. They were careful and considerate of all possibilities that could have been going on with her condition. It was an emergency visit and they fit me into their schedule. They worked me in. It was very clean, and interactive. They have a fish aquarium which, was therapeutic. I had to wait about three minutes.

Description of Work
Angel Animal Hospital did detailed blood work on my pregnant dog.

Category veterinarian

Thank you for your kind review. As always, we are happy to help in any way we can and appreciate devoted owners who want the best for their furry family members.

02/17/2015

Bill O.

We're very happy with them. It's a beautiful facility. I'm also happy with their level of professionalism. They seem to be very nice and attentive. I had to wait just 5 minutes to be seen.

Description of Work
This is our new vet. We've been to them 2x in the past month; we have a cat. Most recently, we brought our cat in for a wellness check-up.

Category veterinarian,kennels

02/16/2015

Justina P.

Both visits were great. The staff is very friendly and everything I was quoted was what I was charged. The nurse and doctor were happy to meet my puppy and super sweet to her. They called and followed-up on her after both visits. They are great Vet and we will use them for everything :) Overall a Great Experience & Awesome Customer Service

Description of Work
Puppy shots, 2 visits

Veterinarians
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Burial/Cremation
    Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express

Wellness and preventative examinations, medical treatment, surgical procedures, including surgical laser and dental cleanings, digital dental radiography, surgery, vaccinations and preventative healthcare, digital radiography, therapy laser & boarding.