Angel Animal Hospital

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2011

110 N Bluff Rd

Greenwood, IN 46142

Angel Animal Hospital in Greenwood, IN is a full service companion animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease and pain control therapy as your pet ages; and complete medical, dental and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime....

11/13/2020

Elaine M.

This was the loveliest vet clinic with the most compassionate and caring staff I have ever experienced. I’ve had cats all my life and seen many vets but this place is heads above. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Sick cat care

Category veterinarian, pet cremation

04/21/2020

Sheri M.

Took our new AKC registered puppy For her first wellness visit where she had her puppy shots. They gave her Lepo shot which the brand has the highest rate of reaction. We took her home and she started acting strange. We called the vet and they said it was normal. That very same night we woke up to a dog in shock. We rushed her to hospital and she died. The most horrific experience of my life and this place showed NO Compassion! This place is all about the money!

Description of Work
Wellness visit

07/08/2017

SANDRA S.

We have a rescue dog that we take to the veterinarian. This dog is absolutely terrified, and since 4th of July was approaching she gave us some idea on how to help the dog through that. I don't think they did any blood work. I really like that place, I love them and you know how they care for animals. They're so nice and friendly.

Description of Work
It was for an annual check up; they checked her all over. She had to have one of her vaccinations. We also got medication there too.

06/03/2017

Richard Y.

The dog goes there quite often.? It's a Sheltie and they have issues. They're very good.? They're high priced, they're not low priced.? The quality is A and that's why we go.? Their responsiveness is excellent.?The wait time isn't long. The personnel is very good.? I would highly recommend them.?

05/18/2017

Kathy M.

They did a good job. You have to be a client there. You have to be a patient. They are nice. It's just further away. Our plan was to drop them off on the way to the airport, but that didn't happen. The only thing was, my older cat wasn't brushed for 2 weeks, but I think it was because he wouldn't come out for them to brush him. I thought the price was a little high. I don't know because I haven't boarded an animal in quite a while, so maybe they're not. The quality of service was very good. The only thing that bothered me was that the other place we used to go to would give you a little report card and they don't do that here. Unless you ask, you wouldn't know. I called and they told me how they were doing because we had never boarded 2 before.

Description of Work
It was for boarding. We boarded our two cats for two weeks.

Category kennels

06/08/2016

Tami-Rae E.

The one thing that I really don't appreciated about that clinic is that they are really pushy about filling their service that you really don't need and that's what I really don't like about that clinic but I just kind of ignore it, they do really good service just the pressure of the sales stuff that kind of bothers me. They are just friendly with the dogs, they offer pet sittings while we brought the dogs in for pet sittings rather if the sitter is not available I mean all around they are good it's just like I said it's the pushy sales stuff that just bothers me about that place.

Description of Work
I used Angel Animal Hospital for veterinarians.

04/09/2016

Chelsea H.

My pets I treat like my children. I take pride in how well I care for them and will go to great lengths to make sure they are happy and healthy. I switched to Angel about 2 years ago with my 2 dogs. At first I thought they were great, but definitely pricey. They gave me options for my basset who has severe allergy problems which was also great. They recommended a dermatologist so we did that. We put her on atopica which worked ($200 a month for this stuff)! But then ear infections, nails decaying, tumors, etc started happening so we took her off the meds and tried the next option. That didn't work. We were left going to prednisone, which is a steroid. In the meantime we took a cytology of the mass, caused by atopica, that came back inconclusive ($300 for nothing) They gave us a week supply of the steroid and said they would not give us anymore until we paid for a punch biopsy on her mass which is a more invasive procedure that would cost us an additional $300! Keep in mind this is all within one week and this tests only shows if it is cancerous or not. Well she is 8 and probably doesn't have much time left. The office ladies called 4 seperate times trying to call and schedule the punch. I asked everytime for the vet to call me back. Never once did Dr. Kovach call me back which is rude and inconsiderate. I want her happy and comfortable. Her mass is a seperate issue than her allergies... I would never make an animal suffer to make a buck. That's all this place seems to care about. Switching to Franklin Animal Clinic in Greenwood is the best thing I did for my babies.

Description of Work
See below

Category veterinarian

The client name in our files matching this address and complaint is [Member Name Removed] McFarland. We understand your frustration and desire to obtain an answer for your pet's allergies. While we do not believe it prudent or professional to discuss all the details of your pet’s medical history and concerns on social media, we feel your accusations deserve at least a brief reply. In truth, Dr. Kovach has spent several hours in appointments with you, reviewing health concerns for your pet, the need for current laboratory information including bloodwork to logically go forward, options to address allergies, and concerns for long term steroid use, especially in light of previous health information. When you stated you did not like the Dermatologist we referred you to, we gave you other referral options. At the final appointment we strongly advised against long term steroid use without current blood work as there are serious potential health complications. You declined to perform lab work which would have allowed us to evaluate your pet's current health and risks for continued steroid use, and therefore we were forced to decline a refill on the prednisone for longer than an additional week. This was not related to the mass, nor did we state the mass was a result of the Atopica. Per your request, in your last appointment we investigated the mass -- cytology read by a professional Histopathologist, costing less than half of the $300 you stated in your complaint, as you did not want to aggressively treat the allergies without a diagnosis on the mass. We always start with the least invasive procedure to minimize stress on our patients. While allergies can be very frustrating and typically require lifelong management, just as in humans, we make every attempt to do the best medicine for each pet and educate the owners as to their options and the reasons for each step. Our staff is polite and service oriented, believing everyone deserves to be spoken to with respect and kindness. In return, our clients are also expected to be respectful and polite to the staff. We understand our standards of care do not match your expectations and wish the best for you and your furry family members. Our heart for service to the community and helping pets is paramount in our mission. We regularly give tours of the entire hospital, including treatment and surgical areas, and introduce our team of dedicated professionals. We encourage all readers to call and come by for a tour so you can see the quality of care and meet our team. We are a happy group of professionals who work hard every day to make a difference in the lives of furry family members. Along with that is a strong sense of responsibility to perform to a higher standard and serve each patient’s needs with care and client education. We work closely with each client to make a logical plan for each pet. Visit our website for a virtual tour at [hyperlink removed] to see the dedication we have in providing a clean, safe, relaxing atmosphere.

03/05/2016

Karla H.

I was just there today. I had a pregnant dog with nausea problems. They were careful and considerate of all possibilities that could have been going on with her condition. It was an emergency visit and they fit me into their schedule. They worked me in. It was very clean, and interactive. They have a fish aquarium which, was therapeutic. I had to wait about three minutes.

Description of Work
Angel Animal Hospital did detailed blood work on my pregnant dog.

Category veterinarian

Thank you for your kind review. As always, we are happy to help in any way we can and appreciate devoted owners who want the best for their furry family members.

02/17/2015

Bill O.

We're very happy with them. It's a beautiful facility. I'm also happy with their level of professionalism. They seem to be very nice and attentive. I had to wait just 5 minutes to be seen.

Description of Work
This is our new vet. We've been to them 2x in the past month; we have a cat. Most recently, we brought our cat in for a wellness check-up.

02/16/2015

Justina P.

Both visits were great. The staff is very friendly and everything I was quoted was what I was charged. The nurse and doctor were happy to meet my puppy and super sweet to her. They called and followed-up on her after both visits. They are great Vet and we will use them for everything :) Overall a Great Experience & Awesome Customer Service

Description of Work
Puppy shots, 2 visits

09/15/2014

Kim S.

My beagle was experiencing some first-time skin irritation/allergies after moving to Indiana over the winter. I was able to get an appointment for the next day when I called to see one of the vets. After the most thorough exam I've ever seen, the vet said that it was a common problem this summer due to the strange weather and most dogs that came in had similar problems. To avoid giving Missy any prescriptions, she suggested trying OTC Benedryl first. She was also given her three year booster shots. I was amazed with the kindness the staff showed with my very impatient beagle and appreciated the time and care they took in answering my questions.

Description of Work
vaccine renewal, allergy check

Category veterinarian

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to seeing you in the future and serving your veterinary needs.

07/22/2014

Andrew Y.

We had a wonderful experience bringing our cat, Link, in for exam and treatment.. He had been sneezing mucus for a while, and when we called to make an appointment, we were told that due to the risk of infection, they would keep us separate from the rest of the animals. I thought this was incredibly considerate and appropriate, given that we were unsure what kind of infection Link had. A receptionist came out to my car and took us in a side door upon arrival. The doctor and intern came into the room in medical gowns and decontaminated after the exam. They were great with our cat - very patient and gentle. They had to do blood work, which was very convenient because they have a lab onsite. We got the results in ~30 minutes, instead of having to wait days for a call back. Dr. Ritz was great, and her intern was wonderful as well. Both were great with cats and helpful in explaining the exam and results to me. The price was reasonable, but before they did anything, Dr. Ritz showed me a treatment plan with pricing. She let me decide what to do that day. She even told me to only pay for half of the medication now, because some cats can't tolerate it. She didn't want me paying for medicine that he couldn't take. I did have to come back and get more medication to finish the dosage, so I called ahead, and it was ready for me when I got there. We will definitely come back again. We were very impressed with the service and care provided to Link. Even better, Link is well now! An A+ experience.

Description of Work
cat examination, blood work, medication

06/26/2014

Denise N.

They are awesome! In fact, I had been taking my dog and previous cats to another vet. But because I needed to put my dog in a boarding kennel, I started looking and found this hospital. It's a new place and it is just so cool in there! I've never had a vet call me back after my dog has been there! They always remember my dog and I every time we come in! I'm very pleased with them.

Description of Work
I take my dog here.

05/10/2014

Chris C.

I called on a Saturday because my regular vet wasn't open. my dog had a large abscess on her rear and I thought it was an infected anal gland. they said to bring her in and they would fit her in between other appointments. we arrived and were seeing the dr within 15 minutes. they confirmed it was an infected anal gland, cleaned and drained it, and prescribed 3 medications. I was pleased overall and especially glad they were able to see us last minute on a Saturday. most of the expense was for the 3 medications we received.

Description of Work
examined my dog for anal gland infection

03/20/2014

Aaron R P.

Sent my older Black Lab to Angel to get bathed, pampered, and checked up. The staff called me with a question that made me realize they care. Dr Piper also followed up a few days later to make sure Blaze was still doing good. Couldn't ask for a better group!

Description of Work
Doggy Spa and check up

02/17/2014

JUDITH R.

Exam and staff were great. Staff is very good, professional, courteous and caring.

Description of Work
Edamination of dog, cytology, meds and food.

02/17/2014

Linda R.

Excellent! Greeted and helped when I walked in. Dr. Piper was very thorough and answered all my questions. My dog received excellent care.

Description of Work
Six month wellness exam, lyme vaccine, nail trim, trifeais refill, and anal glad express

02/12/2014

Karla H.

I am concerned regarding what my dogs are exposed to at dog shows. Dr. Piper explained the pros/cons of influenza vaccine - not usually given to house pets. Dr. Piper made a special order for the vaccines at a reasonable price for all 6 miniature schnauzers were inoculated. The support helped tremendously with the circus act of getting all in and out. Its great because the staff know all my dogs by name!!

Description of Work
I called Dr. Piper to order a special influenza vaccine for my dogs. When it arrived, her office called and set a date for all 6 of my dogs to come in. The support staff helped shuffle the dogs in/out to make the process less chaotic.

02/01/2014

Sandy A.

The visit was great. We arrived a few minutes early, we were pleasantly greeted by name for both my dog and myself, and escorted to an exam room. Dr. Piper joined us within a few minutes. Dr. Piper did a thorough exam of my dog and took the time to explain what my aging dog is experiencing and how to best make her life as comfortable as possible. Dr. Piper knows all my dogs are very important to me. She has a fabulous bedside manner with my dogs and with me as a pet owner. I have recommended Angel Animal Hospital and Dr. Piper for veterinary care and kenneling to many people. They are the best!

Description of Work
Annual wellness examination, vaccines, and medication.

12/06/2013

Denise N.

They are wonderful. They have a beautiful location. It's a new facility. They will even call to see how Molly is doing. I chose to switch her care to this vet from another. My dog has an allergy pill that I get through them and they actually can send the prescription to CVS, which is much more convenient. Molly seems to feel comfortable with the staff.

Description of Work
I take my beagle to this clinic. I went here originally for boarding.

09/05/2013

Heather R.

It went well. I believe they love animals. The ear infection cleared up as promised. The only issue I've ever had was cost. It seems like prices are higher than other vets.

Description of Work
Took my dog in for treatment of ear infection

07/23/2013

Aaron R P.

Dr Piper was AMAZING!! She made me and my dog feel very welcomed and comfortable. She was able to diagnose the issue and tell us a plan. I was soooo happy that we were able to get in, get his issues resolved and then move forward. The Dr even called to check on him a few days later.

Description of Work
Looked at a tumor on my 12 year old Black

Category veterinarian

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We truly appreciate your input and look forward to helping you and your faithful family member with your special friendship.

06/05/2013

gale M.

This was the worst place I have ever taken a pet to for boarding, which is very sad because this was our puppy's vet before this experience. We dropped our German Shepherd puppy off for a stay at Angel while we had to go out of town. They made it sound as if she would have the best of care, at least 3 walks a day, get brushed at lunch, get to have and play with her toys from home and be taken care of with the best of intentions. This was the farthest from the truth. We picked our do up after her stay and she smelled of urine and feces so bad that I can believe nothing else but that she was left to sit in a dirty unsanitary cage for her entire stay. She is potty trained and does not potty in her kennel at home so she must have been left unattended for a very long period of time to have to potty in it there. They sprayed some kind of perfume spray on her in attempt to cover up the smell which only made the smell so much worse. After bring our dog home and getting her straight into the bath, the water that ran off of her turned immediately brown she had to have been left to lay in her own urine and feces for her entire 4 day stay there was no way around it. For the next several hours and on into the next day our dog acted very weird and scared as if she had been mistreated. She is normally a very playful and rambunctious puppy. She was not! She was very scared acting and very quiet she didn't do much but lay right at our feet and sleep. She did eat a lot when she first got home, as if she was not fed properly. We normally can leave a bowl of food down and she will nibble on it all day. I put a bowl of food down after her bath and she ate the entire bowl so I filled it again and she ate the second complete bowl as well, she left the third. She also drank a bowl and a half of water within the first hour and a half of being home. After seeing all of these things we called Angel and told them the things we were noticing and asked what went on with her and why she would be acting these ways, and no one had answers. ARE YOU NOT A VET?????????????? No one said you did anything wrong at this point so why get defensive you are her vet that is why we called to ask why she would be acting this way!! Instead of answers we got the runaround instead of answers or suggestions we got the defense team!! Well looks like maybe we might have something to be defensive about if one of your PATIENTS call with questions and all you can do is get defensive. I WISH MY PUPPY COULD TALK TO TELL MY HOW BAD IT REALLY WAS!!!!! I can only imagine by the way we were treated by this staff. and then to realize after opening her bag of toys and treats that we took for her to have from home that they encouraged we bring. They didn't even give them to her. Her brand new rawhide bone did not have one bite mark in it and her toys still smelt like tide from me washing them before we sent them..... NICE!!!........So DONT TAKE TOYS FOR YOUR PET......THEY WONT GIVE THEM TO THEM!!!!!!! So after this we did get a bit upset and demanded a response from the owner because the employees had no interest and showed it in the way that were speaking with us and providing zero answers or suggestions, as to why she might be acting this way. We John did return our phone call he was just as uninterested and said never to step foot on his property again and that he would send us a check for the credit on our account...because oh yeah I forgot to mention we had already paid ahead on our account for future services that our puppy was not yet old enough for....Sound like we were such horrible customers right????......I think NOT!!....I hope anyone and every one will truly think twice and three times before leaving your loved ones in the care of these people that do not seem care!!! This was the worst experience ever!!.......Do Not leave you Pets in the Care of This Vet and its Boarding.......you will regret it and so will you pet!!!!!

Description of Work
pet boarding

Category veterinarian, kennels

To all who are wondering who is speaking the truth: Feel free to view our virtual tour at our website at www.myangelanimalhospital.com. Please come by our office, meet the staff, and take a tour of our unique, beautiful, safe and clean hospital. This is something every potential client should do before deciding on any boarding facility. Rebuttal: As we have no [edited out member name] listed as a client nor recall her ever coming into the office for any appointments, we are assuming [edited out member name] is speaking for a client at the listed address and will base our response on that. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to report many details of the relationship in order to prove our side. However, it is obvious that [edited out member name] has chosen to speak for her friend on a forum to do the most damage and to disallow the actual events to be exposed. Having said that, her accusations are completely out of line; clearly false and libelous. Several hours after picking up the pet, the owner called back, was treated with empathy and respect, but refused all attempts at assistance with his concerns, became hostile and verbally threatening to the staff. At this time the police were involved, a report was made and he was contacted and informed by the police officer he would be arrested if he ever again stepped foot on the property. We have an established reputation of high standards of care for the pets and service to our clients. Each pet is cared for individually and frequently while boarding. At the time reservations are made, we urge clients to only bring their food with the pet because toys, blankets and the like are generally not left with the dogs as a matter of safety. Many pets under stress in a new environment and larger kennel behave differently than at home and will ingest items like toys and blankets. Our motto is “Safety First” when it comes to leaving items in the kennels. All dogs are walked a minimum of three times daily. Any dog, especially a puppy, that is not potty trained and is not accustomed to kenneling is walked more frequently to avoid the inevitable “poo and pee party” they typically will produce in their areas. Many puppies and boisterous dogs play with their water and food bowls requiring additional efforts to give them bowls that do not easily spill, several complimentary baths and multiple visits throughout the day by staff to refill food and water. Many puppies bark incessantly in strange environments, resulting in, among other things an increase in the need for staff to fill the water bowls. Every boarder is scheduled for a pickup appointment at the time the client makes the reservations, and our staff is diligent in making sure the pets are clean and brushed out prior to release. However, if a client arrives, as this one did, several hours before the scheduled pick up time and is insistent on taking the pet home early, even if she is scheduled for bathing because of playing in her eliminations, we are obliged, as in this instance to acquiesce because of the owner’s preference. Clearly that will no longer be an option. We enjoyed having this pet visit and took every opportunity to play with and care for her. This particular pet received multiple complimentary baths as needed, was brushed, walked frequently and played with, and clearly enjoyed the staff’s company. She ate and drank well and was fed according to the owner’s directions. She never cowered here and was very verbal and active the entire stay. Our surveillance cameras show her happy and playful when the staff brought her to the front for release. Again, please come by our office, meet the staff, and take a tour of our unique, beautiful, safe and clean hospital. This is something a potential client should do anyway before deciding on any boarding facility. Feel free to view or virtual tour at our website at [edited out website]

05/23/2013

Andrea C.

I have seen two of the three veterinarians at Angel, they were both great. The other staff are knowledgable and polite as well. I will continue to take my dogs to Angel Animal Clinic.

Description of Work
I have been taking my Miniature Schnauzer to Angel Animal Clinic for over a year now, since he was a pup and I got him. They've always taken great care of him. I just got another Miniature Schnauzer so I took her for her initial check-up and took my other dog for his annual check-up. Both dogs received vaccinations, an exam, and i purchased six months of flea/heartworm/parasite treatment. Angel isn't cheap, but they offer state of the art equipment and treatments. I want to keep my dogs around for as long as possible so I find the price is worth it.

Category veterinarian

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to know that you include the staff at Angel Animal Hospital as part of your team to give your furry family the best care and quality of life from pediatrics to geriatrics. We look forward to seeing you and the “kids” in the future!

05/22/2013

melanie P.

They provided excellent detailed service. I felt very comfortable and pleased with the service and the care that they provided. They are an outstanding hospital.

Description of Work
My dog had an allergic reaction to something. I called first thing in the morning and they got me in right away.

Category veterinarian

Thank you for your comments! We value our role in your pet's life. We know you think of him as family and we do too!

Veterinarians
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Burial/Cremation
    Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express

Wellness and preventative examinations, medical treatment, surgical procedures, including surgical laser and dental cleanings, digital dental radiography, surgery, vaccinations and preventative healthcare, digital radiography, therapy laser & boarding.