C & M Roofing LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2006

648 E 1000 N

Fortville, IN 46040

C & M roofing LLC has been offering both commercial and residential roofing, siding and gutter services to the greater Indianapolis and central Indiana areas since 2006. Our staff offers quality and reliable customer service that you can count on. Owner Charlie means is present on every job to ensure top quality is what each customer gets. We have over 30 years experience. We've built our good reputation at c & m roofing LLC through years of honesty, integrity and reliable service. No job is too big or too small for us, or undeserving of our best effort. Award winning ....

08/11/2020

DAVID W.

Roof replaced efficiently with good cleanup of old roof materials. Very pleased with the appearance of the new roof. Gutters replaced later, Have lots of trees with falling debris and added covers to the gutters. Very responsive to requests.

Description of Work
roof and gutters replaced

Category gutter repair

10/31/2017

James H.

The business owner and lead man were on the job site for a very short time and did not leave specifics about what was supposed to be done according to the contract. I had to stop the crew and make them call the owner to verify what was supposed to be done. If I had not been there I would not have gotten everything that I paid for. To make matters worse, the CONTRACT stated that a nail magnet was to be run over the job site MULTIPLE TIMES. This clearly did not happen because I got complaints from my renters that got flat tires from roofing nails. I had to go to the site recently and got a roofing nail in one of my car tires.

Description of Work
remove and replace storm damaged roofing material and downspouts and gutters on a house and two car garage.

08/29/2017

schuyler E.

This company is great, I made 1 call, they was over with in a day to give me an estimate. The price was with in what I thought was a good price. I could not be happier with what was done. They are the best, you could not even tell they had to cut a 24X6 foot hole in my ceiling to add the beam. GREAT JOB GUYS!

Description of Work
I had a main beam replaced in my attached garage.

08/27/2017

Theresa W.

Excellent. We would definitely recommend to anyone. So happy with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Soffit, gutters and siding

07/29/2017

Kirk G.

Charlie and his team were awesome! The roof looks great, and was done very quickly. Total time for job completion was 2 days from the time the contract was signed, They did a great job on the clean up as well.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof.

07/27/2017

Brenda M.

Above and beyond craftsmanship, quality, customer satisfaction and personalized care.

Description of Work
I contacted C&M Roofing to completely remove my existing roof and replace with a new 3 dimensional shingle. C&M Roofing encountered some "surprises" as they uncovered the old roof, which is probably to be expected with a home built in 1899. C&M Roofing approached the challenges with knowledge and expertise and went on to deliver a beautiful, eye-catching, roof. I am happy to recommend C&M Roofing to passerby and also to any reader here.

01/16/2017

Brandon J.

Had a leak. They said it was not from their work but they could fix it. Never came back. I called several times but they never came back to complete the work.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and replaced it with a new one.

07/12/2016

Malessa J.

I highly recommend C & M Roofing! Our roof had been leaking and rain water was coming in our house and damaging the ceilings. We called C & M Roofing and explained our dilemma. Charlie promptly came out and assessed the problem. He and his crew were there to make the needed repairs the next day. We were so grateful for his immediate response, due to rain in the immediate forecast. Thanks to Charlie, our roof is now secure and we have had no problems since!

Description of Work
Repair flashing around chimney and replace 3 pipe boots

04/06/2016

Lana T.

They did great.? They have been very responsive, and upgraded it. They have been great. They improved the roof a lot and I am very happy with them.?

Description of Work
I used C & M Roofing. They did my whole roof. They upgraded to dimension shingles, and added ice protection.

03/14/2016

Amanda W.

I was told Angies list reached out to this contractor and he refused to respond. We had to find another contractor. If you are willing to accept clients from Angies List - you should also be willing to honor the deals you post.

Description of Work
The contractor was happy to come to my brothers home to provide an initial estimate- but when we purchased the deal through Angie's List the contractor suddenly stopped answering our calls

Hello [Member Name Removed], this is Charlie Means the owner of C&M Roofingllc, your brothers job did not fall in the criteria of the square footage that Angieslist had advertised, I gave your brother an estimate for the square footage that was 26 squares the estimate was for $6,200.00, he stated he did not want to pay this much, when Angieslist was trying to reach out my wife & I where in Pittsburgh for a consultation for my daughters Liver Transplant, if you have any questions about the miss communication, I would be happy to answer them, Owner Charlie Means you can reach anytime on my cell @ (317) 217-9896. Best Regards

07/08/2015

Mark P.

There crew of three did a wonderful job getting it completed in one day. Cleaned up everything and roof looks great. Very professional and a fair price for the work. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Complete tear off of roof, installed new roof.

05/09/2015

Chris C.

Weather was an issue... it was a bit tough getting this job started, as the forecast changed from day to day. One can't blame theme for this, as Spring weather in Indiana seldom sticks to any schedule. But once his roofing crew got on the job, it was finished that evening at 6PM. Those men, with Jacob their crew leader, knocked it out fairly quick; only taking short breaks for water and a quick lunch which Jacob retrieved to keep things rolling along. I'm quite pleased with the outcome, as the old roof was really in bad shape and should have been replaced three years ago. Being an old out-of-square out building, the new roof really puts the rest of the structure to shame. Clean-up was excellent, not a speck of anything left behind. Charlie Means, owner of C & M Roofing, has a good group of workers and I'd highly recommend him and these men for their work and stick-to-it-ness.

Description of Work
(1) Remove/Tear off 2 layers of existing shingles (2) Haul away all trash & debris (3) Re-Install 12.144 squares of new 30 year Owens Corning dimensional shingles (4) Install new 30 lb. felt (5) Install new drip edge around perimeter of building (6) Remove 1 box vent & replace w/ridge cap vent (7) Install ice & water shield on entire South flat roof area & both sides where flat roof's transition at bottom of main A-frame roof (8) Install ice & water shield around 1 stove pipe and spray painted stove pipe w/ satin black Also, inspected the house roof, at no cost or request of me, and applied some silicon caulk on several flashing nails and around the stove pipe.

11/11/2014

Viral S.

Charlie is a great guy to work with and as he promised his guys came in early in the morning and started the work at 8:00 AM and were done with everything by 4:00 PM. This includes ripping off the existing roof, install new roof and clean us all the dirt. I am very happy with their work and will recommend to anyone without any second thoughts.

Description of Work
New Roof Install

10/10/2014

schuyler E.

Charlie came out inspected the roof, he told me exactly what he was going to do and how much it would cost. 2 Weeks later he was there and had me fixed up in 3 days. They had to remove 3 skylights and all the shingles on the back side of the house. Then installed a rubber roof from the pitch down, put the skylights back in and I was fixed up. It has rained heavy several times and not a leak. If you want it done right call this guy!

Description of Work
I had a screened in second story porch put on a few years ago and had trouble with it sense installed. I called the installers and had them out several times with no luck. The first people who put it on was NOT CFM roofing. Charlie and his team came out and fixed it the right way. Come to find out the pitch was wrong when installed and the water could not run off. Charlie took care of it the first time out!

Category roofing,skylights

08/08/2013

Jerry M.

It went smooth and c&m was very alert to details.There was no nails left on the ground,they cleaned up the area like new.

Description of Work
Put new 30 year shingles on roof and mini barn.Also installed new ridge roof vents.

03/25/2013

Margaret S.

We received and estimate and set up a time to start the work. They arrived on time the first day and completed the roof repair. They arrived the second day and cut out the damaged ceiling and put up new dry wall. Before each step in the process they covered all the furniture and, when they had finished for the day, cleaned up and left everything as they had found it. The third day they textured the ceiling and the fouth day they painted. Each day they worked competently and efficiently. I am very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak in the roof and fixed the ceiling. The ceiling looks great!

02/25/2013

Shauna M.

Charlie did a really good job communicating and he was out on the site mostly everyday. I think he is a fair guy and I thought the price was fair. Not everything turned out perfect, but overall it was a pretty good job. He listed some other work that I probably am going to need done to this house, but I hope I don't have to use him again.

Description of Work
C & M Roofing repaired a leak on my roof and painted. He also did some soffit and gutter work.

Category gutter repair,roofing,house painters

11/27/2011

diana H.

They didnt take care of the problem in fact the owner never got back with me after assuring me he would fix the problem within 2 weeks .

Description of Work
C and M Roofong replaced our roof a little over 3 yrs ago due to hail damage. Over the last 6 months a leak developed. I made repeated calls to have the problem checked since roof is under warranty. The owner finaly came out to check the problem,he stated its not the chimey or the roof but water getting into the attic from the siding,which he said they would fix. Weeks went by as the water problem got worse they wouldnt respond to fix the problem which he said wasnt due to their work. I finally called Bone Dry roofing who came out right away found the problem which was due to not having the chimney being wrapped with water barrrier which was to have been done when the roof was replaced. Pictures of the water trail were taken and shown to me proving this was their screw up and not caused by a siding issue. Bone Dry fixed the problem now I have no water issues which has caused some damage to the ceiling due to C and M not wanting to corecet the problem' After I was assured that they would come back and fix whatever the leak was it never happened! I dont like being blown off by saying the problem was not due to their work when it actually was. If not for the fast response from Bone Dry Roofing I would have had a serious ceiling problem. I would not recommend C and M roofing to anyonedue to the way I was blown off after being told they would take care of the problem.

10/03/2011

Debra B.

My experience with the quote process with C & M Roofing LLC Company was not too bad. They didn’t show up the first day when they were supposed to. They were professional however they only called after the time they were supposed to show up. They showed up the next day.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from C & M Roofing LLC Company about two weeks ago for replacing our gutter system.

10/03/2011

Scott K.

The job was overseen by the owner, Charlie Means. They did a very good job of clean up, did the work in one day, were polite and overall professional. They took short cuts on the job though, that were not found until much later. They removed old shingles up to a decorative copula on the garage; cutting a seam at the edge and leaving the old shingles under the copula. Since the copula was placed after the home was originally shingled it did not have flashing. Cutting up to the edge of the copula to remove the visible shingles left a seam, this was not flashed, but was caulked heavily. After about a year and 1/2 it leaked like crazy. The copula should have been flashed or removed prior to shingling. I also developed a leak around my chimney which was pointed out as a flashing problem when they were doing the work, so I really can not blame them for that, but it did not leak until after the work was done, starting about the same time as the copula area.I called the owner and got no response. I was even willing to pay for the work. He guaranteed work for 1 year plus the usual manufacturers warranty on the shingles. At the time the work was done the owner was very keen on me providing a positive response to Angie's List which I did not do at the time (not yet a member) He also promised a referral bonus. Shortly after I had my work done, I did refer him to a neighbor, calling him about the referral bonus, but I never heard back. I took the bid because it was the lowest, live and learn! I think the owner is a decent guy, just bids himself low and must try to get the jobs done as quickly as possible.

Description of Work
Roofing tear down of all shingles and re-roof.

09/20/2011

Janeal R.

The reason we didn't end up using them was because they were very sketchy about what it was going to cost. Basically, they wanted to know what the insurance was going to pay us and then they would give us the estimate. They also were not punctual. They called 5 minutes before their scheduled time to say that they were on the interstate, and it would take 30 minutes. I wondered if they were going to be late like that for the estimate, how they were going to be to work with. They called and said they wouldn’t be able to make the first appointment we scheduled. They did really well with responsiveness. They were not totally professional in the way they presented themselves.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from C & M Roofing because we had some ice damming and a skylight that had leaked form the freezing and rethawing.

Category roofing,roof snow removal,skylights

09/15/2011

MALCOLM K.

I liked the man that came out. I was a little concerned at the price he gave me, but I appreciate his input. My children have used them in the past and I liked their work ethic.

Description of Work
They gave me estimates for siding, roofing and gutters.

08/30/2011

Floyd C.

The whole job from start to finish went very well.

Description of Work
Our old wind damaged roof was taken off and new plywood decking was installed as needed. The new roofing was then installed. It was done quickly and correctly. All debris was cleaned up. All questions were answered. I was very satisfied with their work on the roof and clean up afterwards.

04/21/2011

MICHAEL J.

We received 3 bids and C&M Roofing provided the best price. Charley was very responsive and easy to contact via his cell phone. He kept us updated almost daily on all the work and answered all of our questions. The work site was kept clean and the final clean up was very good with Charley coming out and running a magnet over the work site to pick up any nails or debris. After the installation our area received 2.3" of rain in a short period creating some water issues for our basement. Charley sent a man out the next day and he worked on the tiles coming from the down spouts and ensured that they ran freely. We are pleased with their work and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced all soffits, gutters, and installed leaf relief gutter covers. We have approx 170’ of soffits and gutters. Also replaced all exterior lights.

02/01/2011

JAY P K.

Very professional. They were careful to not harm the landscaping, left the premises perfectly clean and did a good job reroofing.

Description of Work
Complete reroofing of house including tear off.

ONiT Painting

ONiT PAINTING, founded in 2015, is a family owned and operated interior and exterior painting company. Our main goal was to start a company that emulates professionalism and reliability to ensure that every customer received the ONiT Experience. The ONiT Experience goes something like this: Need a free estimate? We’re on it. Need help deciding which products to use? We’re on it. Do you have a problem that needs addressed? We’re on it. Our customers are never left knowing what the next step is. With our exceptional project management and courteous staff, we pride ourselves in the ability to spot an issue before it may occur saving YOU time and money.

Offers by ONiT Painting on Angi
     Walla Painting

Angie’s List Super Service Award winners: 12 years in a row, 2010-2021. Walla Painting is a small local business, striving to make a local impact in the community as we live, work, and hire in Hamilton County and Northside Indy. Specializing in residential painting (INTERIOR / EXTERIOR), with a focus on quality and personal service required for homes. Fully insured and bonded. Our employees receive thorough training and background checks. Featuring Sherwin-Williams quality paint products. Specializing in residential interior/exterior painting: walls, ceilings, trim, doors, cabinets, ext trim & siding, bricks, wallpaper removal, and full prep.

Vick Painting

We specialize in interior and exterior painting services, staining, cabinet painting, and more! Residential and commercial. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, MasterCard, Discover, Visa

FREE estimates and 2 year labor warranty. Limited lifetime warranty on Owens Corning shingles we install. Residential and light commercial, roofing, siding & gutters.

ask for details