Old Fort Roofing LLC

Founded 1986 • With Angi since July 2011

5738 Industrial Rd

Fort Wayne, IN 46825

We are a second generation company that has been serving the Fort Wayne area for over 50 years. We are fully licensed & insured. There is a difference with Old Fort Roofing, LLC. We educate our customer on all of our products and services. We want them to make decisions that fit their needs and the ones that really make sense. Building long time relationships and referrals is what our company has been built on....

04/01/2022

James B.

In October 2021, we purchased a home and found we needed a new roof asap due to leaking. Scott was very prompt with giving us a competitive quote, and thankfully we were able to get the roof installed the exact same week we were to have our baby. We were promised gutters within two weeks of roof install. At the time of scheduling, we were told nets would be used to catch all debris and protect our home- and pads would be laid in the yard to help prevent damage from the portable dumpster rolling around. Unfortunately, neither of these things happened and we found damage to nearly all of our window screens, scrap metal and so many nails all over our yard as well as damage to some landscaping and yard. We called to have someone come look at damage and to sweep the property again- which they sent one person out with a magnet. I know she did her best, but we are STILL finding cuts of aluminum and nails all over…and we have a flat tire on our mower. We have a two young children and two dogs- this is not acceptable! Gutters finally came many weeks later, after having damage to our back patio door from all of the rain. After many attempts to contact Scott, he no call- no showed for us on a Saturday. We said we weren’t paying a dime until things were remedied- they turned the invoice in to financing company anyway- so we were forced to start paying. Scott agreed to replaced our screens- we asked it be done by spring. We were told no problem. Here we are nearly 5 months later without screens. Calls are not returned and there has been no response to the supposed “forwarded messages”. We were so impressed by their quick service to get our business- but the lack of communication now is unbelievable! I don’t know how people stay in business like this!

Description of Work
Roof and gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Unfortunately, not every job can be perfect. We are and have continually been working with [Member Name Removed] on addressing and correcting the things that went wrong. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this has caused [Member Name Removed] and his family. We are moving forward and doing our absolute best to make everything right.

07/15/2020

Brian D.

Great experience! From first contact to job complete was 2 weeks and that included setting up the financing. I am a distributor for some roof venting/flashing products and can attest that the products they used (not ours) are top notch. I wish ours were as good. Only issue we had was one item was missed, they caught it and had it corrected the next business day. Would highly recommend Scott and his crew.

Description of Work
Full roof tear-off/replace

11/18/2019

Jessica O.

We had a great experience with the scheduling and roofing portion of the job. Unfortunately we had some issues after work complete that is still outstanding. Our largest issue was that our gutter guards were taken off and never replaced (while quoting the job the owner never told us this would be the case). We still have a percentage of our bill that was held out for some of items being unfinished (visible under paper can be seen as well as some other aesthetics that are noticeable immediately when you drive up). We have had multiple calls and texts to owner with no response. We were very pleased with initial service, but definitely should have been told about gutter guards being taken off and thrown away before the job was started. Roofing crew and office staff very helpful and prompt, but am very disappointed there was no follow through to completion.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

06/02/2017

Rose W.

We got a quote 2015, had him do the roof 2016 spring. He was miss leading and not clear. He roofed the house but left a potion not done. With an insult that "it wasn't in your budget". he was unwilling to complete. It was done on a Friday when we walked out driveway that night we found a zip lock bag worth of nails that wasn't cleaned up. When I talked to him that Monday he hung up on me.

Description of Work
Place roof

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the work we did for you in April of 2017. We always strive to do our best and ensure our customers are happy.

04/17/2017

Janell H.

Contacted them for a quote on Monday and they came to the house on Wednesday - they looked at what we needed done and said they would email us the quote. We followed up on Friday since we hadn't heard from anyone re: the quote and received a call the following Monday (one week from the original phone call requesting the quote) telling us they were "declining giving a quote" because they already had too many roofing jobs to do and not enough time to do them. We were told the person who came out to give us the quote was supposed to decline on the spot. Since we were told we would receive a quote we find this scenario unlikely (who says we'll come give you a quote only to send someone out to say we aren't going to give you a quote?). We most likely would have never heard back from them had we not called back to follow up. Very disappointed because this company was highly recommended to us. We would not try to use again - very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Exterior vent work needed in attic

09/23/2016

anthony I.

Second experience with this company and could not be more pleased. Price was right, completed on time and workmen were courteous, hard working and respectful of the property. Excellent in every respect! Would highly recommend them to the most critical of homeowners.

Description of Work
Whole house re-roof.

07/13/2016

Valerie B.

Upon completion of the roof, the inspection showed that it had not been completed properly. The owner was adamant about getting paid in full before he would come out to do any additional work. He forced us to pay and then was unwilling to offer a reason for why he never completed the work and he never came back to finish.

Description of Work
I had contracted with Old Fort Roofing LLC to install a new roof.

06/30/2016

Adam P.

This was fast! The crew was there on time and got right to work. They were done with everything in less than a day! We were amazed. Scott made a note that we had pets and to run the magnet an extra time, to make sure nails and staples were completely picked up. He also covered the ground with tarps and also set up plywood by the doors and bay window to keep everything protected and easy to clean up. Superb!

Description of Work
Tear off of 2 layers of old shingles and tarpaper, add a ridge vent, install new tarpaper and shingles.

06/30/2016

Adam P.

It went really well. Scott was very friendly, on time, and he made quick work of it. He made sure to get extra insulation in areas that needed it most. He hit 10-12" across the entire attic.

Description of Work
Insulation in the Attic.

Category insulation

04/08/2016

John S.

I use multiple vendors for my rental business and have excellent relationships with them. I remained professional with Scot Mumma despite my mounting frustration. Time is money and his total disrespect for my time and for me is inexcusable.

Description of Work
I own multiple rental properties. I had used Scott several times with no problems. He then became unresponsive to multiple phone messages. When I finally got a hold of him, he promised to send someone out and report back to me. 3 months and five unanswered phone messages later he set a meeting on a job site for the next day. He failed to show up. I waited 30 minutes, and then wrote him off for good.

12/07/2015

Alisa I.

We are pleased with the final product. The owner is nice, knowledgeable, and most importantly: reachable and responsive should you voice a concern. We were slightly inconvenienced as the work ended up being done on Saturday and Monday instead of the originally scheduled Friday and Saturday. This meant there was 1 day (Sunday) where no work would be done. We didn't expect anyone to work on Sunday. We did, however, expect all of the debris from the job to be cleared before the workers left on Saturday. This was not because we were sticklers, it was because we knew small debris could be picked up by the wind and end up in the pond located at the back of our home. After the workers left on Saturday, we realized only a partial cleanup had been done. We called the owner and it was rectified quickly. A full cleanup was done at completion of the roof installation. Overall, we are pleased with the roof and the work done. If the workers would have done a full clean prior to the day off, the rating would be an A instead of a B.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof on split level home. Removed old roof and put on new roof.

12/05/2015

Jim C.

Scott and the crew did an excellent job. They were there at 8:00 AM Answered all the questions I had. Did a great job of cleaning up. It was a quality roofing job. I would use again and recommend them to anyone needing a roof.

Description of Work
Remove old shingles and install new

11/20/2015

Nancy A.

During torrential rain we had a leak around the vent pipe for our furnace. Scott from Old Fort Roofing put a new 'boot' around the vent pipe on the roof ($165) and that significantly reduced the leak. However there was still a small leak during the next rain. Scott returned and replaced the flashing and shingles around the vent pipe ($525). That repair stopped the leak We had difficulty finding a roofer who would come to Decatur to assess the leak and we were very happy to find Scott at Old Fort Roofing. He came to the house, assessed the problem, and performed an immediate repair. He also assessed the vent pipe in the attic and advised us to remove the wet insulation around the pipe and let the area dry out to prevent mold. When the leak persisted Scott returned for a more complete repair. Scott called after the next hard rain to make sure the repair had finally stopped the leak.

Description of Work
repaired roof leak around vent pipe for the furnace

Category insulation, roofing

11/18/2015

PTR Holdings LLC A.

spoke to Scott the prior week and he was going to the house to give me an estimate on replacing the garage roof. I did not hear back from him on Monday and called and spoke to his assistant who said he would be in contact with me. I never heard back from anyone at his business and would not bother calling him again.

Description of Work
said he was giving me an estimate on replacing a garage roof and never followed through

We apologize for any miscommunication. We pride ourselves on prompt communication. Due to our weather situations with the high winds and days of rain we have been doing emergency repairs. We apologize if you did not communicate this information.

11/16/2015

Tori K.

The estimator for Old Fort was prompt and courteous, and provided a good estimate for just what I wanted. I decided to go with another contractor that handled both roofing and siding for my project. I was pleased with the service and price I received from Old Fort and would consider using them in the future.

Description of Work
Provided roofing estimate

09/08/2015

Betty N.

Scott came out to quote the and called a couple of days later with a verbal quote. His price seemed good and we had seen his work before on another roof. We took some time to compare prices and to pick out the shingles. Scott was patient with us talking to us about different products and options. He called us to tell us he had a free day coming up and we agreed to hire Old Fort for the job. He showed up early in the morning and said that they would try to finish in one day. It was a very large and complex roof. The crew came about a half hour later and put tarps on all the landscaping and brought a dumpster on wheels. About seven men worked hard all day (it was very hot and no rain). They finished and cleaned up before dark. We thought everything went really smoothly and only learned from Scott later that there were many unexpected problems that they found during the tear off because of the damage and poor condition of the old roof. As owners, we never realized they were having to adjust to the situation, obtain additional materials, making decisions on how to best address the problems. All we knew was that everyone was working and the job was finished in one day. The extra work did not add to the quoted price. Scott honored his price which we thought was very professional. We went through two rainstorms since the new roof was put on and everything is working fine. Many neighbors have commented on how good the new roof looks. And we are happy to have a more modern look with the dimensional shingles. We are also happy t have a transferable warranty.

Description of Work
Old Fort Roofing replaced our old leaky roof and put on 50 year Atlas Pinnacle dimensional shingles with synthetic underlayment and ice and water shield with new drip edge.

07/09/2015

Joe S.

Scott was very prompt and professional. His crew arrived after we had left for work. When i got home that afternoon the new roof was on and everything cleaned up. Looks great!

Description of Work
tear off old and install new roof

06/26/2015

Nancy A.

After exceptionally heavy rain, water was dripping from the metal plate in the ceiling around the vent stack from the furnace. We had 2 roofers do quick fixes but the leak continued when there was heavy rain. Scott from Old Fort Roofing did a thorough inspection of the vent stack in the house where the vent stack goes through the ceiling, in the attic, and on the roof. After he had assessed the roof, Scott recommended replacing the boot around the vent stack where the it emerges from the roof. Scott was very professional and evaluated the total situation. . He also recommended that we remove the insulation in the attic that was damp from the leak, allow the ceiling drywall to thoroughly dry and then replace the insulation to avoid the possibility of mold

Description of Work
The roof had a leak at the vent stack for the furnace. Scott installed a new boot where the vent stack emerged from the roof

Category drywall, insulation, roofing

Thank You [Member name removed]! We appreciate your business as well as your kind feedback!

06/11/2015

Jerry S.

Scott, the owner, answered my request promptly for a quote and evaluation. He was quick, efficient, and fair. I chose him over other companies because of his approach to me and because he answered all my questions. There were no surprises. The day of the work -- and it took but one day even on a large, high-pitched roof-- his crew arrived promptly. They did all they could to protect my plants (and I have lots of them). The crew worked all day in to early evening to complete all the work. Before they left they meticulously cleaned up every scrap from all sides of the house. They cleaned all the gutters. I had selected an upgraded shingle. The finished work is beautiful. There was a minor problem with a long section of gutter. I called Old Fort and Scott himself came out to look at the issue. He told me a well-known gutter company would be contacting me immediately to replace the whole section. No questions or quibbling. It was replaced within 48 hours. I even got a follow-up from Old Fort asking me if I were completely satisfied with the gutter replacement. I am so pleased with Scott, Alex his assistant, and the crew that I have sung their praises. I manage to bring up my new roof in all kinds of conversations. I can't recommend Old Fort Roofing enough.

Description of Work
Roof tear off and shingle replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/18/2015

Sandra B.

Roof project went very well, the entire process only took around 5 days, the clean up they did when they were all done was excellent! My new roof is beautiful!

Description of Work
Put a new roof on my house, garage and porches.

05/06/2015

Cathy C.

They arrived on times do completed the work in 1 day. They cleaned up their mess and were careful with the landscaping. They were very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Put a new roof on

04/28/2015

Taryn W.

Called on Thursday, 4/16 and scheduled an estimate for a complete roof redo on a home that I want to purchase. We arrived at the house at noon and waited 40 minutes for someone to show up. After 40 minutes, I gave their offices a call to figure out what was going on. They seemed very apologetic and told me that they would get a hold of Scott to find out where he was at. We ended up leaving because we weren't going to waste anymore of our time. Around 1:15, I finally received a call from Scott. He said that he was super busy on a job and wasn't going to be able to make it. I explained to him that it was very inconsiderate to not call and he wasted nearly 2 hours of our time (including commute time). I asked him when he would next be available to do the estimate since it was delaying the purchase of this home. He said that he would be able to get to the property by Monday and email me the estimate so I wouldn't have to waste more time driving. Never heard back from anyone or saw any estimate. A total waste of my time and I would never consider hiring them.

Description of Work
Estimate originally scheduled for Saturday 4/18 at noon. Never showed up.

Category remodeling, roofing

Dear (removed member name), We are sorry for this inconvenience (removed member name). We have office policies to call beforehand, if we are going to be late or not make it. We are very sorry for this inconvenience, this is a very busy part of our year and there are no excuses for this occurrence. Our deepest apologies for your inconvenience (removed member name).

04/06/2015

Paul G.

It was fine. It got us through the winter. It didn't cost more than the "Big Deal" I purchased. He was very thorough. He gave us good ideas. We were pleased with how he did his job.

Description of Work
It was for a roof maintenance package. They went on top of the roof. They looked and found some shingles that were loose.

03/29/2015

Lori W.

Very well. The team was clean and efficient. Less than 2 hours and they were done.

Description of Work
Added attic cat insulation to the attic

Category insulation, roofing

03/18/2015

Mark W.

I asked them to come out and look at my house to see if it qualified for the BIG DEAL. Was told that it was too many square feet, and too many layers. The price was almost double the BIG DEAL. I ended up doing the job myself. In so doing, I discovered that there was only one layer of shingles, and that the square footage was within the range of the BIG DEAL.

Description of Work
Estimate to re-roof my house.

[member name removed], Sorry to hear you feel this way. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service. We do our best to educate our customers on their options and we are sorry for the misunderstanding. The Big Deal has several requirements that need to be met and your home did not meet those requirements. Sincerely, Old Fort Roofing