Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1935 • With Angi since April 1996

When you need an emergency plumber in Indianapolis, IN or a drain cleaner, call Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup. Your fast & reliable plumber can fix any plumbing problem, including sump pumps, toilet repair, faucet repair, faucet replacement, garbage disposals, water heaters, bathtubs, showers, and outside faucets. Roto-Rooter is best known for drain cleaning & sewer cleaning. We fix drain clogs, clogged toilets or sinks, blockage of main sewer lines, slow draining shower and bathtub drains, sewer lines and leaking or burst pipes. We also specialize in water damage restoration & water cleanup services. We can fix and clean up your flooded basement too. Roto-Rooter is a 24-hour plumber near you and provides emergency service....

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

4.4

plumbers (1116)drain cleaning (389)sewer cleaning (130)water heaters (29)drain pipe installation (28)excavating (28)water damage restoration (4)water softeners (2)well & water pump repair (24)appliance repair (14)septic tank service (12)gas leak repair (7)

05/09/2022

Heather B.

After 5 months with a whole new sewer line placed from our house to the sewer line we are still having issues. Even this evening we called for help since they claim 24hrs 365 days a year. Spoke with call center 3 times, dispatch 3 times, and 2 supervisors. All promised help was on its way. After almost 6 hour of waiting on the technician, the supervisor calls to say the truck broke down so they can't send someone out until the morning.

Description of Work
New Sewer Line

Category appliance repair, septic tank, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 05/08/2022

01/12/2022

Melinda D.

They were very professional, he told me what was going on, they were in and out within an hour and a half.

Description of Work
They did plumbing service. They have to snake my drain 55ft out from my home.

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

07/28/2020

John P.

I called with water leaking from the bottom of the garbage disposal. I called late in the day and Roto Rooter sent out a tech within the hour which was amazing! Tech mentioned they were part of a 2nd shift that works later hours and on weekends which was extremely convenient. Confirmed the disposal needed to be replaced and we are exploring all options on best model, size, etc. Tech gave us a quote, let us know about extra discount, their card with the hours they work and made self available to answer any questions or discuss further at our convenience. The entire process was very smooth and we will be contacting Roto Rooter for all future Plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Water leak from garbage disposal.

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

07/10/2020

Gail F.

Great job. Done expeditiously and the employee was very friendly and offered helpful hints so the problem wouldn't happen again. The last time they were called for the same problem was in 2009, so I guess they did a great job!

Description of Work
Unblock my house drain to the street drain

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

05/01/2020

melvin F.

Initially there was a little confusion when appointed time came no one showed up so i placed a call and the rep said there was a problem contacting homeowner when truck was en route so the truck was not sent... but we were able to reschedule for the next day... the truck arrived before time and job was done in a professional manner... would recommend this company...

Description of Work
septic cleaning

Category appliance repair, septic tank

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

04/16/2020

John S.

Plumber was 100 miles away . He didn't service my area.

Description of Work
Install new faucet in kitchen

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

01/22/2020

Kim R.

We were very pleased with the service. We called on a Sunday afternoon, and were surprised that they were able to take care of the problem same day -- amazingly showing up at our house within an hour of the initial call. The gentleman who took care of the problem for us was very knowledgeable, courteous, conscientious and professional in every way. He did not want to leave until we were thoroughly satisfied with his work and had every question answered.

Description of Work
Basement drain cleaned.

Work Completed On 01/12/2020

10/09/2019

ROBERT & JOANNE D.

The service was satisfactory. Price was competitive, and was just satisfactory for the work that they did. They were very responsive and they were on time.

Description of Work
Changed the valves on the hot and cold water that comes into the sink

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

09/13/2019

Mark U.

Ok. They were at our house with one hour on a Friday night. They cleaned most of the drain but the obstruction was impassable. The employee was prompt and courteous. Another employee came out Saturday at noon (on time) and used the camera and radar to locate the obstruction. A quote was provided to dig up that spot and repair the pipe. The quoted price was $4200 and work could start Monday morning. A major competitor came out Sunday night. The first thing they did was open the manhole cover to determine the street thickness (Roto-Rooter didn’t do this). Our street is 4 feet thicker than RR assumed. If the road needed to be dug up the actual work would have been $$$$ more than RR warned us about. The competition came in at $3200 And provided 5 escalating situations in price based on what was found once digging began. We chose the competitor. Also, the competitors base price for a drain cleaning is apparently quite a bit cheaper as well. RR is great if you need someone at your house immediately.

Description of Work
Needed my sewer drain cleaned.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

01/21/2019

Sharon S.

$360.00 for about 30 mins.or less of work seems high priced.

Description of Work
Snaked shower drain.

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

01/14/2019

Marina B.

They came less than 24 hours later and diagnosed the problem in 5 minutes, replaced the parts that needed replacement and completed their task in 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Broken toilet flushing system

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

12/11/2018

Gary A.

The service men came out within 24 hours of my request and on a Saturday. They cleared the clogged drain line within one hour.

Description of Work
A storm drain pipe outside the house was clogged. The service men found the problem; a tree root partially blocking the pipe path. They were able to remove the collection of debris within the pipe. Water now flows freely.

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

12/04/2018

Yancey J.

The work was completed with professionally.

Description of Work
Blocked drains and drain plugs needed repair.

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

11/14/2018

michelle E.

Horrible Experience - I am not even sure how a company can treat people this way. I had a clog in my sewer line on Sunday. The plumber I wanted to use was not available that day so I decided to try Roto Rooter (BIG MISTAKE). Brandon snaked the main drain and the toilet rough in the basement (had to remove the cap to the toilet rough in to snake) and handed me an invoice that said line was clear AND there was a 6 month guarantee. Later Jason K. stopped by to do a camera view in our sewer line. Tried to sell me a $14,000 pipe in my front yard because per Jason my sewer pipe needed to be replaced). I declined. After Jason left I took a shower and my brother yelled from the basement that it was flooding with SEWER water - that black sludge. Apparently Brandon left the cap off the rough in toilet in the basement (which is there to hold back the sewer water). I immediately called Jason and he advised he would be over soon. Jason showed up and said I was told I needed to replace the pipe in my front yard. Of course the cause of the flood with sewage was due to the cap being left off the rough toilet - which is where the flood came in while I took a shower. He reluctantly put the cap back on the rough in toilet, never said sorry for the error and proceeded to tell me their restoration company could clean it and bill MY insurance company. I do want to point out that I did have about 20% CLEAR water from a 'run off pipe (not sure what it is called) in my basement when I called Roto-Rooter (easy homeowner clean-up). Now I have 50% raw sewage in my basement. I told him the mistake was on the part of Roto Rooter and THEIR insurance needs to pay. Asking me to put on my insurance is insurance fraud for a mistake they made. Roto Rooter even told me that they would be more than willing to come back to my house the next day and sit with me while I called my insurance so that they could 'assist' me on what to say to get them to pay. I asked Jason K. about my 6 month guarantee and he said I will get my $400 paid back out of the $14,000 when they replace the sewer pipe and NOT to use my water anymore. Once I said I was not going to replace my pipe with them they stopped talking to me and will not honor their 6 month guarantee OR clean the sludge out of my basement OR refund my money. By the way - I have since taken showers, flushed toilets, done it all and not ONE issue with flooding. All a bunch of con artists. Sure when things go great I am sure things are fine with Roto Rooter but when you have a problem they turn away and don't care. Do your research on the internet on the bad experiences and you will see what I mean. They do NOT stand behind their work, their guarantee, their anything. I was treated with a sugar sweet kindness when they wanted me to put in a $14,000 sewer pipe but once there was a problem they treated me with a 'who cares' and 'not our problem' type of attitude. Horrible people

Description of Work
Clog in drain - had sewer pipe snaked

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 11/11/2018

09/23/2018

Carrie R.

It went pretty smoothly. The dispatcher told us a technician would be out in 2 hours. However, when the tech was delayed, the dispatcher kept us informed of the anticipated arrival time. Puia arrived before the dispatcher said he would, he put on shoe coverings before he entered our home. He was polite and respectful. He quoted a price to use an auger to clear the clog, when that failed, he quoted a price to take up the toilet and then reset the stool after the clog was removed. He found the problem and removed the bottle of make up and reset the toilet. He left the bathroom clean and was performed his tasks efficiently. Before he left, he gave me his business card with his personal cell phone number if we had any problems within the warranty period. While I hope to never encounter plumbing issues again, I would certainly hire this company again. They are very professional and courteous. Angie is correct, everything that goes down does not always come back up....

Description of Work
toilet was clogged and would not flush

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

07/05/2018

ALFRED P.

I explained the problem to him. He went to work, Identified the cause, fixed the leak. Gave me a detailed explanation of what he did. He also advised me of other parts of the system he checked, including the meter well and what too look for. I did feel that the price was a little high.

Description of Work
Leaking outside faucet.

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

06/26/2018

Mark W.

Called on Sunday afternoon. Tech arrived within two hours and cleared drains in under an hour. Tech very personable and efficient. Very pleased with entire experience.

Description of Work
Home waste water line blocked, no drains operable.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

06/25/2018

Candace W.

It went well but we just thought that they are a little pricey. I guess they rely on the fact that you have a plumbing emergency.

Description of Work
Clogged tub.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

06/23/2018

Rockelle G.

Great! 2 other plumbers came in said there were different issues and charged me for basically doing NOTHING! THANK GOD for Roto-Rooter! They immediately came to the rescue! The service man used a camera to show me where they problems actually lay. Also the 2 other plumbers were taking me for a ride. I will NEVER use anyone other than Roto-Rooter again for my plumbing and heating needs.

Description of Work
A clogged trap. The whole floor had to be dug up to get to the issue. Repair was made floor and concrete replaced.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

06/23/2018

Moira O.

Not well 400+ to "attempt to unclog" 60+ for enzymes that didn't work. 600 hr for recommended "attempt" which didn't apply the first 400 to it.. No thanks. Working folks can't pay

Description of Work
Unclog kitchen sink

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

06/20/2018

John G.

Cleared successfully with 'post-operative' recommendations.

Description of Work
Nasty clog in 55 yr old plumbing.

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

06/19/2018

ALYCIA B.

I have lived in Columbus for 20 years and have never been treated so disrespectfully by a company. I called to have two drain pipes cleaned out and was quoted $325. The gentleman had to leave for the evening because of bad weather. Another gentleman showed up the next day and would not honor the $325 quote. He wanted more. He also tried to sell me on a drain pipe camera for additional money. I asked him to leave.

Description of Work
Drain pipes snaked out

Work Completed On 06/06/2018