A-440 Piano Service

Founded 1982 • With Angi since September 1998

Piano Tuning
Musical Instrument Repair

I have been servicing pianos since 1982 in central Indiana. I worked for the Baldwin Piano Company for 9 years and have been a sub-contractor for Meridian Music since 1999. I currently tune about 1000 pianos every year and have tuned at most of the major concert venues in Indianapolis and surrounding areas as well as Performing Arts Centers, Universities, Schools and Churches....

Robert is a Registered Piano Technician member (RPT) of the Piano Technician's Guild. Registered Piano Technicians are professionals who have committed themselves to the continual pursuit of excellence, both in technical service and ethical conduct. The Piano Technicians Guild grants this credential after a series of rigorous examinations that test skill in piano tuning, regulation and repair. Robert also has specialized training with Steinway, Yamaha, and Yamaha Disklavier pianos.

Jack learned to tune pianos while in college. Being a piano player since age 9 he thought piano tuning would be a nice sideline. It eventually became full-time. He has tuned for various piano stores in Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana. He worked for the American Piano Factory in Bloomington. In Indianapolis he worked for Wilking, Baldwin and Elkins Piano stores. In 1979 he began working full-time with the Indianapolis Public Schools as Piano Technician. Today he continues part-time with IPS taking care of all their pianos. He has developed a large customer base with his own Kirkland Piano Service, which has gained an “A” rating on Angie’s List. He has tuned and repaired all types of pianos and in all types of places: - from old antiques to modern concert grands.

Colt Moving of Indianapolis, IN, is a local and long distance moving company that will handle your move with care. All of our movers are clean-cut, athletic and well-trained men who will work hard to make your move easy. We are professionals with large box trucks (up to 26 feet), dollies, hand trucks, furniture pads and all sorts of tools. Best of all, we charge a flat hourly rate. Our prices are lower than those of our larger competitors because we are locally owned and efficiently managed. We don't pay franchise fees so we can charge customers less while paying our clean-cut, respectful and responsible movers more. All Colt Moving employees make $15- $20 per hr PLUS TIPS! Happy movers make happy customers!

06/13/2018

Could not have gone better and this was requested on short notice!!!

Description of Work
Piano tuning at my motger’s Assisted Living facility.

05/16/2018

Excellent. The piano has never sounded this good! Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Tuned our grand piano and adjusted a few keys

Category piano tuning,musical instrument repair

05/15/2018

Our piano had not been tuned in a number of years. Doug quickly brought things back into tune. Doug was also very personable.

Description of Work
Tuned piano

06/13/2017

Doug is professional, extremely knowledgeable and genuinely cares about you and your instrument. He is willing to give his expert opinion if you're considering purchasing a piano. I can't believe how nice our piano sounds after he completes his work. If you need a piano tuning and/or repair Doug will take care of you!

Description of Work
Several years of tuning the piano that has been played by 3 generations in my family.

01/06/2017

Doug was very professional and courteous. I am just getting ready to start piano lessons, so I was not very knowledgeable about them. As he worked, he educated me about pianos and showed me how my old piano was performing. He gave me useful tips which I appreciated. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Piano tuning

Category piano tuning

Piano Tuning, Piano Repair, Piano Moving, New Keytops, New Pinblocks & Strings, & Smoke Damage Restoration

10.00