Don's Lawn Service & Landscaping

Founded 1975 • With Angi since September 2009

Additional DBA name - D L S & L Construction....

Stan Tippmann Farms

I level ground to grade for construction projects, clean fence rows, or woods after loggers, busshog pastures, and brusshy lots, make and maintain gravel driveways and parking lots. I will also plant grass and wildlife food plots.

08/26/2015

Stephanie S.

This was our first experience with this type and size of project and after consulting with several references on his list we decided to move forward with a contract. We should have had an inclination from the beginning when his contract left out several specific details regarding the project. In fact we submitted and requested an acknowledgement of amendments to the original contract which was never signed but verbally acknowledged. The project began in late Fall/Early winter and continued through the Spring with several delays on the contractors part "due to incliminate weather" although his snow plowing business was in full swing. We had justifiable concernes with a subcontractor he had hired and when brought to the contractors attention he defended the sub rather than attempting to come to resolution with us. Ultimately we fired his sub and had to hire our own subcontractor for HVAC work. Unfortunately much of the errors in the original HVAC sub could not be corrected without substantial cost because the work had already been closed up with drywall. Several other incidents of poor craftmanship arose that had we not been on site daily would have gone unnoticed for example insulation. The sub contractor for insulation arrived and the lead foreman on our porject didnt bother to verify what they were installing in the walls was the incorrect R factor. It was noted and brought to their attention by us and confirmed the wrong material was being installed which was later removed and correct insulation installed. In addition the finish work both exterior and interior was horrible. Supposedly the contractor had a family member who was excellent at trim work. the work was shoddy and often times the corners did not meet and the wood filler placed in the gaps was raised wiped off on other walls and woodwork requiring extensive sanding and reapplication. the exterior trim leaves much to be desired along with vinyl siding starter strips and j channel which are coming loose and uneveen. Overall we should have went with a contractor who specializes in remodels and cared about craftmanship. This was too large of a project for this contractor.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of existing structure including removal of roof and space addition.

Category irrigation systems,snow removal

11/10/2014

Gloria G.

He arrived when he said he would, crew was polite and efficient. Job was done in about 3 days. Don came out to see job and make sure things were done right. I was very satisfied with this job and I expected it to be much more painful than it was.

Description of Work
He removed an inground swimming pool which included breaking up concrete, hauling, bringing in landfill, grading yard and planting grass.

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

08/04/2014

Mike B.

They're thorough and they're good. They're inexpensive and fair. They're responsive.

Description of Work
I use them for my lawn care.

Category lawn service

07/09/2014

Kevin N.

Description of Work
Nothing, I left two voicemails after meeting him at the Fort Wayne Home and Garden Show and never received a call back. Did not use.

06/05/2013

Dianne M.

The results are great. I had a little trouble getting him to respond last fall, but this spring has been better. They were very careful with the lawn and it looked pretty good even right after finishing putting in the system. I've had several questions since that and he has been very responsive to them. The front yard lighting somehow got interrupted and as of yet that isn't resolved, but they are working on it. I have enjoyed working with them. Don is very knowledgeable about the product and wants to meet the needs of the customer. We have had him bring in top soil and seed for areas of the lawn that were sparse or nonexistent from the last couple year's drought. We were happy with that as well.

Description of Work
They put in an extensive Rainbird sprinkler system for the yard, separating the lawn from the gardens.

02/10/2013

Steven C.

From the time Don gave me my estimate to the day they finished the job I was kept informed and am very happy with the end result. Had the system put in during one of the worst draught's in our history and his people worked hard and were very professional even dealing with the hard clay and heat.

Description of Work
Great Price & Great Service.

10/08/2012

Jayne S.

He did a good job. It was in line with the other estimates. One of our neighbors had used him and they were happy with him.

Description of Work
We had him give us an estimate on an irrigation system.

08/08/2012

Cynthia N.

Actually we won parks state award for the state of Indiana and they did the work for us. I have extensive patio area with heated walls. I have an upper floor deck with stone coulombs. We also have a water fall that goes into our water feature. It is pretty complex. I chose them because they listened to what I wanted and planned it with me. They were very professional. They were thorough, clean and kept things picked up during the process. We have them back because of an issue with the pavers separating. We called them and they came right out. Their follow up commitment and making sure we are satisfied even after the job is done I think is very commendable.

Description of Work
I used Don's Lawn Service & Landscaping to do a paver, patio and gazebo for us.

Category hardscaping

11/03/2011

Eric M.

Don's was very knowledgeable, they knew what they were doing. They were professional too and I would have gone with them but they were too expensive.

Description of Work
Don's gave me a quote to level paved bricks.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

08/05/2011

Charles H.

Pulled permit, had yard marked for utilities. Layed out markers for install of underground pipe and sprinkler heads. They then spent about 5 days of back breaking digging and installing of system.

Description of Work
Estimate, permit, and installation of whole yard inground sprinkler system.

Category irrigation systems

Residential & commercial - computerized landscape design, new lawn installation, irrigation installation, landscape lighting, retaining walls/patios/arbors, water features/fire pits, pavers/flagstone, mowing, fertilization, snow removal & hardscaping.