Apex Design Build

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2012

Apex Design Build, is a full service home remodeling company specializing in interior and exterior projects. We are dedicated to providing you with an efficient and cost effective service. Our prices are very fair and straight forward and we offer a service guarantee so you can rest assured you’ll

handyman (535)electrician (231)lighting (96)woodworking (81)siding companies (58)home remodeling (52)general contractors (44)ceiling fan installation (39)drywall (33)plumbers (32)door installation (29)decks & porches (29)

10/25/2022

Terry B.

Awesome work On time Quick work Fair price

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/25/2022

Thank you for the opportunity to be of a service to you and for taking your time to leave a review.

10/25/2022

Chuck F.

Very well. Would recommed Apex for future projects.

Description of Work
Ceiling Fans/ Recessed lights

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/25/2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your business is greatly appreciated.

01/18/2021

Jim P.

They did a great job. We needed a complete bathroom remodel. There where a couple of glitches due to the original construction and it didn't phase them. They where professional and friendly. I will use them again. We highly recommend them for any remodel project.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category chimney repair, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Thank you for your compliments and kind words.

11/24/2020

Burch L.

David and his team were outstanding. Their knowledge was exceptional as they not only rebuilt the water damaged portions, but also redesigned our porch sill to prevent future water damage. They did everything he promised and more. The crew was professional, patient with their explanations, and knowledgeable. We are very pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Replace water-damaged structural support and rebuilt sill

Category awnings, decks

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to be of a service for your family...

10/23/2020

Robert T.

We had an addition put onto our house last year. There were endless delays, the project took much longer than estimated, and the equipment brought in tore up the yard and driveway. When cutting into the house the wall to my daughters bedroom and the living room were punched through and suffered water damage, which they magnanimously painted the one wall to cover. The yard and driveway were never addressed because it “isn’t part of the contract”. Hence, the outlet pipe for the sump pump was simply run about ten feet straight out from the house, a foot above ground. Speaking of which, the sump pump is pretty much UNDER THE BEDROOM FLOOR. The final straw for me was when I requested plain ceramic light fixtures in the closet, and was given shoddy, overpriced plastic fixtures, with the excuse being that the ceramic ones weren’t available anywhere. I’m not going to say that I was lied to, but it took me all of a trip to Walmart to find them, and replace them myself. When I presented the contractor with the cheap lights, I got a guilt trip about how he was going to have to eat the cost of them. Pity. Shortly after construction, I had an unrelated plumbing problem and contacted the plumber we used, and Apex demanded a cut before I could get the work done. Said it’s how he keeps his guys “loyal”. I ended up paying an extra $80ish for precisely nothing. So here I am, some 14 months later and still finding little problems cropping up and fixing them at my expense as they do. I’m not happy, but based on previous interactions, I guess ‘happy’ just wasn’t covered in the contract. To be fair, the overall construction is satisfactory I suppose. It looks nice and doesn’t creak in the high wind that we get here. The roof and windows don’t leak and the floors are solid, but on the other hand the walls and floor are cold as **** in winter (work was completed in summer, so who knew), and the pipes and air ducts are poorly (see also: not) insulated, which I didn’t even think was a thing. Hence, the entire section is more or less an icebox after November. Apparently I didn’t know enough to protect myself in this situation. Hindsight being 20/20, I would not use this company again.

Description of Work
An addition put on the house.

Category home builders

Work Completed On 01/20/2020

This client wanted to add a room addition onto the back of their existing brick home. The client had met with the architect and provide drawings for this addition. This structure was built to the the exact specifications provided on the print. The home is situated on an open field area with only 1 house to the north with nothing to block the wind. The exterior cladding is a vinyl siding as the client selected to possibly reduce the cost of the addition. This would largely be the issues with the supposed coldness. We began the project in May 2019 and had several days of rain in which delayed the project due to weather which is uncontrollable. We did perform a rough grade as stated in our contract as client is responsible for the final grade / seeding / landscaping. Project was completed in July 2019 and not as indicated by client of 01/2020 Client inquired with my crew on several occasions to hire them to perform work outside the scope of contracted work for him directly. All crews informed him that all work would need to go through Apex if he desired to have it performed.

10/22/2020

Steve D.

Builder wants money up front then sends you to do there job. Get drawings made, call and make appointments with cad designer. Dave Wilson dropped the ball. I would not recommend Apex.

Description of Work
Garage Addition

Category awnings, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

This potential client called me to look at an existing garage/ barn. I met him on 9/17. When I met with him it was at his parents home in which he had ideas of adding footage to a dilapidated structure for a 5th wheel and work shop for his dad. The potential client didn't have any firm ideas of footage and / or alterations he desired. I recommended that he meet with an architect to come up with a desired plan in which I could actually provide pricing for. I offered the information on one I have a business relationship with and informed him " He would need to call/ schedule and pay directly for his services to the architect. Also the architect may be slow to respond due to current workload". If he moved forward with plans they would be his and he could solicit multiple bids based on the drawings and specifications. I then emailed him a reference that afternoon along with pictures and "cc'd" the architect. Client reached back out to me on 9/28 and said he was having difficulty getting in touch with architect. I then emailed my architect and he reached out the potential client. the architect reached out to me on 10/2 with a copied email from the client " saying I must of dropped the ball" I am not sure what this client was expecting as no company will provide drawings / sketches without a written contract and / or charging for this information. I wish him luck on his project.

09/12/2020

Rick N.

This was a relatively small job but Apex Design Build was able to work me in and get the repairs done. Isis thoroughly explained the repair process and answered all my questions. The work was first rate. I'm pleased with the results. I am a repeat customer and intend to use Apex Design Build as my go-to source for future work.

Description of Work
Repair rotted fascia and soffits on 2 story house

Category awnings, contractors

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback...

04/14/2020

JOHN AND DEBBIE S.

Work was done in a timely manner; crew was there all day every day until the job was complete. We are very happy with the finished product; the house looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced wood siding with Hardie Plank, painted house and replaced gutters.

Category siding, house painters

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your remodeling project. We appreciate the business...

02/06/2020

STEVE I.

Everything was good expect they showed up late.

Description of Work
Replace siding and replace wood support

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your remodeling project. We apologize that we fell short on timeliness..

11/06/2019

Diana D.

It went extremely well. The installers were very professional. They made sure everything was done correctly. If a problem was found, they made it right! Our house is older and they made sure it was fixed appropriately. Dave, the owner communicated at each step and kept us informed and updated. Two of the employees were especially professional and skilled, Chad and John. We did this big remodel because we both just retired. We could not be more pleased as we plan on staying here. I high,y recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had a kitchen remodel, new doors, entire living area painted, and new flooring.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/06/2019

09/03/2019

Gary S.

We were totally impressed. Dave Wilson of Apex promised a two week job and followed through. He checked in nearly daily to see what his crew did and patiently answer our questions. All members of his crew were skilled, professional and very polite. No surprises with final cost. We will definitely check with Apex on any future projects that we undertake.

Description of Work
Repainted ceilings and walls, put a stone facade on fireplace wall, installed engineered hardwood floors and replaced light fixtures throughout.

Category electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

Review for Apex Design Build - Po Box 72, Danville, IN - 38085587

Thank you for the opportunity to perform your remodeling needs...

06/17/2019

Judy M.

Price was half what others quoted, prompt, and efficient.

Description of Work
Wind damage to siding.

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate the business...

03/11/2019

Gregory K.

Apex did a great job! They did everything they said they would and more. Their initial response was immediate and the job was completed as quickly as it could possibly be done, given weather conditions, and the work was quality. No leaks during the most recent downpour, so the problem was solved. Pricing was very reasonable.

Description of Work
chimney repair

Category handyman service, chimney repair, house painters

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

Thank you for your business and taking the time to leave your feedback. It is greatly appreciated...

10/30/2018

JUDITH B.

After I called, they came out the next day to look at the project. It took a couple of days to get the estimate via e-mail. I accepted it immediately and they scheduled the project for Friday, but unfortunately had to reschedule for Monday because weather prevented them from finishing a previous job Friday morning. All in all, the project was done in less than two weeks from first call to actual completion. The price includes the cost of the door. Having them get it was a convenience, but their price was approximately $100 more than the cost of buying the same door at one of the big box stores, hence the slight downgrade on cost.

Description of Work
The door frame was rotting, so we had them replace the exterior door frame and door in our garage.

Category handyman service, garage builders

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback...

10/12/2018

Linae D.

Very responsive and excellent service.

Description of Work
Siding replaced

Category handyman service, siding, house painters

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

Thank you for your business...

09/25/2018

Maria S.

David and his team knocked out a checklist of items that we needed fixed from the inspection of our home. Items included wood rot repair and minor plumbing and electrical work. His estimate was lower than the estimate I got from another company, and I was very pleased with the timeliness and quality of the work. Would definitely recommend and hire them again!

Description of Work
A variety of items from the inspection of the home we were selling

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 09/25/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our services...

08/16/2018

Monica B.

They found the builders had not used pressure treated lumber and that the entire front decorative/support needed to be replaced. Impressed by their knowledge and work

Description of Work
I thought some minor wood repair on front porch railing.

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

05/30/2018

Emilie B.

well from estimate to work to completion had a good work plan

Description of Work
2nd story wood removed and replaced with hardie board

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

Thank you for your business and feedback..

05/27/2018

CHRISTINE P.

I don't think we could have asked for a smoother project. This was the biggest home improvement project we've undertaken since building the house in 1988. Needless to say, we were nervous; however, David Wilson, owner of Apex, put our minds to rest taking time to explain the advantages of the replacement product and each step his crew would take along the way. We began our discussions with David in the Fall of 2017 and Apex was offering some incentives to fill out their work calendar. David's price was very fair (not the cheapest, but by far not the highest). His amiable personality and fair-minded spirit made the decision to go with Apex much easier. Unfortunately, the weather in late 2017 was miserable and David called to suggest that we consider doing the project in the Spring. His concern was that the siding could get completed, but he knew my wife wouldn't want just a primed house sitting all winter before the temperature would be high enough to allow for painting. A credit to David, because he gave us his honest opinion of starting a big job with weather most unpredictable while, at the same time, ensuring us that all of the 2017 incentives he offered would hold for the project, even though delayed. David's crew was simply wonderful. During the demolition phase, they were careful to see that all material made it properly to the waste container and each evening, they would organize their materials in preparation for the next day. They worked quickly and efficiently, touching base with us to share project status and process. The foreman and crew were respectful and we had no concerns, as we left the house periodically, to allow them access to our facilities. I think these simple gestures of consideration go a long way. In the end, the project completed in short order, was installed exactly as promised and there were no change orders. The cost of the project was approximately $30,000 and the amount I paid David was exactly as he proposed. Both my wife and I find ourselves amazed that for our first major project on our home of 29 years, it came off without a hitch and that is certainly credit to David and his entire Apex Design Build team!

Description of Work
Our home was completely sided in redwood siding when first built in 1988. Over the years, it had deteriorated to the point requiring replacement. We made the decision to replace it with James Hardi HardiPlank cement fiber siding. We researched four contractors and chose Apex Design Build out of Danville, IN . Apex removed all old redwood siding, wrapped the house in James Hardi building wrap, installed the fiber cement siding and painted the entire exterior of the house. Gutters were installed and finally new garage doors.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, siding

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

Review for Apex Design Build - Po Box 72, Danville, IN - 37103834

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure performing your project. I truly love the transformation of your home..

05/25/2018

Paul J.

We received an estimate for replacing our door frame and also asked him to inspect our dryer vent that was loose. Apex was very easy to work with and flexible on scheduling the job. Our discount called for us to purchase materials for the project per Apex's request. Apex showed up on time and repaired both our door and our dryer vent during their visit. They did a good job and everything looked great when they left.

Description of Work
We purchased a discounted labor rate for rebuilding a rotted outdoor door frame

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!!!

05/23/2018

Mark G.

Dave was excellent to work with and did a great job of keeping the project moving, completing in the time frame promised. His team that worked on my two bathrooms and office came to work on time, were professional, friendly, informative, and very detailed, and performed quality work. This was a complete demo down to the floor joist, moving plumbing and electrical, as well as dry walling, painting, and tile work. He was flexible in the many changes that my wife & I threw at him. And also completed follow up work on items we requested.

Description of Work
Bathroom and office remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

Review for Apex Design Build - Po Box 72, Danville, IN - 37091734

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!!!

05/19/2018

Paul and Beth B.

They did a very nice job. They worked on replacing our gutter and they were very good at communicating with us. They did the gutter boards as well. Very professional. Reasonable price. Very good experience.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement.

Category gutter repair