Indecon Cleaning 911

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2011

3.9

1900 Loganberry Lane

Crown Point, IN 46307

Indecon Cleaning 911 provides 24 hr 7 days a week, . professional water damage and mold remediation. With trained personal. We provide immediate service to Indiana, Illinois, for water damage, mold remediation and bio hazard services.We are currently providing Disaster relief for flood and storm

03/29/2015

Gordon S.

The provided tested for mold and provided results to me at a later date.

Description of Work
Tested for mold.

02/24/2015

Brittany A.

They ignored our calls after the service and we never heard back from them.

Description of Work
I purchased a $99 deal for 3 air samples of mold testing. They came out and did the testing, but never got back to us with the results.

05/04/2014

JEFFREY S.

We cancelled the deal and received a refund.

Description of Work
Nothing

10/24/2013

Jenell R.

I purchased an Angie's List Big Deal for this service. The guy came out and made two visits. He was upfront and said he could see mold before he started testing. He did not test and said he would do it later after remediation was done. He gave us pricing for various methods of remediation, but we decided to have the work done by a company closer to us. We are biding time now to have him come back and do the actual mold testing since we have not had the total testing done. He was fair and honest.

Description of Work
I am using Indecon Cleaning 911 for mold testing.

10/08/2013

Donna B.

I called him and he never called me back and I never got the job done. I think he got too many responses and was overwhelmed. I tried to contact him numerous times. He was supposed to come out and didn’t show up. It was a bad experience and I got a refund on the deal.

Description of Work
It was a Big Deal for $99 for 3 air samples of mold testing.

05/09/2013

Cathy T.

Mold remediation is an area that most homeowners have little or no knowledge, so we rely on the expertise of "mold specialists". This is an unregulated industry and licensing is not necessary. So what you have is alot of opinions of what the problem is and how it should be solved. Do yourself and your pocketbook a favor and at the very least go to www.epa.gov/mold/moldresources.html to begin your education about mold. Google "mold solutions" and you will find some easy and cheap solutions to at least some mold issues. Lastly, if you find you do need a mold specialist, get at least 4 estimates and detailed explanations of what will be done, what type of warranty will be given (usually none) and why their approach will resolve your problem. I guarantee your head will be spinning.

Description of Work
Took 3 mold samples in main level of house. Did a literal 2 minute visual inspection of my crawlspace to determine I needed a $6000 mold solution.

10/17/2012

Irv P.

He was very prompt and did a good job. He provided us with a good conditions report for the house. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $99 for 3 Air Samples of Mold Testing.

09/26/2012

Bradley B.

No service ever performed so cannot comment on the quality of work.

Description of Work
Company was quick to respond to offer when intitally accepted. After seversal failed attemptes to get them to come out and do the service, they just stopped calling me back. I have now last valuable time and wasted my contractor's time waiting for the results from this service that never happened.

09/21/2012

Jennifer P.

I have contacted the provider at least three times, once via a message through Angie's list, and every time I am told by Gary that he will be in contact soon to schedule an appointment. About five (5) months have past, and still no appointment nor have I received any communications from the provider that they have not forgotten about me. Mold is a serious concern, and I had hoped to work with this provider to do whatever remediation was necessary after the testing was complete. Prompt and complete steps will need to be followed soon, or I will simply request my money to be refunded.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal in May for mold testing, for which I'm still awaiting the scheduling of a visit.

08/13/2012

Denise T.

I was so pleased to find a company that could do all of the various repairs we needed - a "one stop shop". Gary was always prompt, polite and friendly - he supervised the entire project every step of the way, calling me almost every day to keep me updated on the progress. Joe (who did the inside work) and Chuck (who did the roof), were also great to work with. This company demonstrates the highest quality in professionalism and service.

Description of Work
Removed old insulation from attic, treated and removed mold in attic, cleaned ventilation system in attic, installed new insulation in attic, removed and replaced water damaged section of ceiling in living room, removed, treated and replaced mold damaged section of ceiling in bedroom, installed flashing around chimney, installed shingles on roof, installed new gutters

Category insulation, roofing, mold removal

08/13/2012

Jan A.

Initially I called this company to schedule an appointment with no response, eventually I was contacted while out of town for Memorial Day weekend and was advised I would be contacted for an appointment, June went by and no phone call. Once I spoke with the company rep he explained that he was experiencing truck problems and promised he had called. I never received a call in June. By the beginning of August I was still unable to get an appointment, I called the rep and he pushed me off the call indicating that he could not hear me on the phone and would call me back. He never did.

Description of Work
I contacted this company after purchasing a Big Deal from Angie's List

Category mold removal

We are truely sorry we werent able to get to all the big deal purchasers, we had an overwelming response to this deal, and with the amount of severe storms we had this summer, we were not able to service all the customers. We tried to notify all members of the delays so they could request refunds or re purchase at a later time, if we did not notify you again we apoligize. Please dont judge us because of unforeseen circumstances, (storms), These inspections were being provided to angieslist customers with no profit to us after advertising fees, fuel cost and lab report fees. These Inspections usually cost between $350-1000 depending on the amount of samples taken and size of property

07/19/2012

Opal W.

They were really good with information and wanting to work with me. They didn't get an opportunity to come to the property to do the estimate but they were able to give an estimate based on what I told them and I definitely would have used them based on that. The timing just did not work out for us.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from them to take care of water damage on some furniture.

Category biohazard cleanup

06/29/2012

Thomas S.

We got in on one of the Big Deals for the air quality testing for $99.00. We had to call and find out why we had not shown up for the first appointment to find out he did not receive the necessary materials to complete the testing. We rescheduled the appointment for the following week and he was 3 hours late arriving. Upon completion of the testing we spoke about what possible repairs would need to be done to get everyting cleaned up, and I requested that he send me a quote in case it would be needed based on the air samples. It took almost a week to get the test results back despite his claim that they would be available within 48 hours. Once we received the results it did show low levels of mold but at a level that required action be taken. I requested again that I receive a quote for the repairs, and as of today I still have not received it.

Description of Work
We took advantage of the Big Deal offer for three air samples for $99.00

Category mold removal

The actually inspection was performed according to recommendations with EPA with moisture reading of building material and RH levels checked in the areas of concern, I'm sorry your disappointed in not receiving a quote like you many other people took advantage of the $99 dollar big deal, and with the overwhelmed response it is very hard to meet the 48 hour turn around time when the sample have to be processed documented and shipped to a qualified lab for results I explain that to everyone when I arrived at site if we were performing a couple sample a day they would have their sample within 48 hours from time I sent them to lab however we were performing 6-7 inspections a day for awhile so we couldn't keep up. For the quote I called and talked to you in person about your situation with another contractor that had performed service and might be responsible for the mold and water damage and advised you to talk to your insurance that recommended the contractor. And back to the $99 big deal I was hoping people would realize that even thought they were paying $99 my company was not making a dime off the inspection after the fuel cost and the $25 per sample fees. My company is not a big company trying to take advantage of the consumer we rather help and educate customer and make a small amount of money then get bad rating for high pricing. Again were sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you and your family

05/03/2012

Peggy E.

They came on short notice and were friendly. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They performed water clean-up and drying up areas that were soaked.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Member, Thank you for the nice words, however, unless I performed a job for you in indiana or Illinois I think you have me mistaken for another company, I have never performed Mold remediation or testing of any kind In The California area. Thats not to say I wont do work there we are a nation wide company.

05/03/2012

James S.

Called and made an appoint for inspection. Showed up on time. Did an inspection and and explained the procedure to remove it. Issued a fair bid. I excepted it and set an appointment to do the procedure. He showed up on time, explained what and why what he was doing. The whole process took about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs to complete. After he completed the process he cleand up the mess and thanked me for the bussiness.

Description of Work
Mold removal

Category mold removal

The member has much as I appreaciate the great review and kind words, and would love to keep this report we can't it wouldnt be fair to other Angie's List customers that rely on these reports to hire contractors. Im sure we would have received just as good report if we did perform these services for you,however Indecon cleaning 911 has never performed an inspection or remediation project in MO. Unless you have a home or relatives your reporting for in Indiana or Illinois we didnt perform any work for you. We are a nationwide company so we are not against traveling for work thank you again

04/25/2012

JESSE G.

Gary and his crew were on time and ready to start, however due to my tenants not doing their part, and being out for this work to get done decided to stay and this made it very hard for Gary to work. He keep me updated and went ahead anyway to try and get the job done in the fast possible time. I really believe anyone else would have walked away from this job due to the constant problems these tenants caused.

Description of Work
Attic Mold remediation remove 800 square feet of contaminated insulation bag and dispose Attic decontamination spray all sheeting with an EPA registered disinfectant, clean and sand all visible mold on studs and sheeting, caulk, and seal areas of concern, encapsulate with an anti-microbial encapsulate, (SEALER), To prevent future mold growth. 1600 square feet HEPA VAC attic area to eliminate mold spores on building materials 1600 square feet service area 1 negative air machine (Air Scrubber) re-insulate 800 square feet of attic space with R-19 roll out insulation remove bedroom 1, closet drywall, and perimeter drywall bag and dispose, clean, treat and seal studs with an EPA registered anti-microbial disinfectant, treat all visible mold on existing walls 150 square feet service area treated bedroom 2- remove perimeter drywall in closet and 2 walls 4 feet up treat all visible mold 70 square feet replace insulation with R-19 Caulk and seal interior walls and pipes coming into house 220 square feet of insulation remove 15 square foot drywall treat ceiling joist for water damage and mold with an EPA Registered disinfectant, treat and clean 195 square feet of ceiling space replace 15 square feet drywall kitchen area with insulation replace 15 sheets drywall in bedrooms tape, float and paint 2 coats replace 2 louvers for attic ventilation price includes materials and labor. Also after seeing pictures he sent of the garage roof (2 car) had them do that too.

Category roofing, water damage restoration, mold removal

04/13/2012

Kim D.

Gary was a very, very great person and honest!!!!! He was very detailed with the inspection and wasnt out to get anyone. He is the first person i would call for any of his professionalism's. Thanks, Gary!!!! :)

Description of Work
He inspected my mom's basement very thorough. He gave me recommendations that would need to be done with mold. explained everything to me and answered all questions. I recommend Gary Hofer for any work that needs to be done.

04/06/2012

Patsy S.

It was excellent! Following hurricane Irene's flooding in NJ, Indecon cleaning from IN appeared to service my disaster needs. I was so happy with my decision to hire them because they fulfilled all promises made, and my basement and garage were left rectified from the damage better than expected. They were professional, punctual, reasonable in price, and very easy to contact and communicate with, as well as getting the personal business owner's touch. I highly recommend them to anyone needing comparable services.

Description of Work
They did mold testing and remediation following water damage from a flood.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Thank you for your kind words, here at Indecon Cleaning 911 we take pride in assisting homeowners in their time of need , with fair industry prices and excellent workmanship and immediate response. After all most people we deal with during a flood are devastated from their experience, and need an honest contractor and a friend to help and vike them through, We do just that

03/22/2012

John M.

The mold remediation work was excellent.

Description of Work
I only recommend this company for mold remediation. Do NOT have floors replaced by them! Mold remediation under a bathroom floor in a 50 year old house for a senior citizen who is a financial planning client. This was very well done. Replaced wood flooring in bedroom. I had discouraged her from having a mold remediation company replace floors, but they were there and offered and she accepted because it was fast and easy. The floors were not very well done and parts needed to be replaced (we called another company to fix them).

Category mold removal

Thank you for your post I don't recall every doing business with member however I do recall a woman calling me for a mold remediation project in bloomington Indiana for a client. At the time we performed mold remediation I had a tech working for me that was previously a flooring specialist so I bid the job and allowed him to do it. After the remediation was complete I took my crew to another job in Indianapolis and left the flooring specialist to finish. When he completed the job I asked the homeowner if she was pleased with it she stated she was very pleased and it looked great. I stated to her are u sure you like the flooring if not don't pay final invoice and we will make it right. On top of this Indecon Cleaning 911 honors all work performed for 24 months. If there were any issues from workmanship we would of gladly came out and addressed any and all concerns at no cost to the owner.

02/14/2012

Dennis V.

The mold was removed. However, the contractor was supposed to replace some insulation that was removed for cleaning. That insulation has not been replaced. Also, a roll of carpeting was taken from the basement after he was instructed to not take it away. In phone calls and texts he had informed me that he had the roll of carpet and would return it and re-install the insulation, and has yet to do so several months later. I would not recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
Removal of mold in stairwell and storage room in basement.

Category mold removal

Hi, thank you for the report, here on angielist. Although it wasn't what I expected from you with our conversations, we take reports very serious and use them as training for us and our employees to further improve our quality of work and customer service, these issues you stressed will never happen again that's a guarantee from Indecon Cleaning 911. If I recall the mold remediation was performed in a professional and timely manner with mold air sampling performed. As for the pricing goes we are very competitive in the market and I stressed to you to get other bids from remediation contractor. Thank you again Gary Hofer

02/07/2012

Carolyn E.

Indecon Cleaning 911 was very helpful, but we chose to do the work ourselves.

Description of Work
Indecon Cleaning 911 gave us a quote over the phone for mold removal.

Category mold removal

Thank you for the kind words. Indecon cleaning 911 is in business to help homeowners in their time of need whether its simply answering a question by phone or educating a homeowner to the proper actions to take to, keep their home safe for their families. Feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions Thank you again Gary Hofer

09/09/2011

Ongeri O.

The job went very well, took slightly longer than estimated due to some equipment issues, but overall I was happy with the service. The crew was very professional and friendly, and took the time to explain the entire process and methodology behind the work. They also spent time making sure everything was properly prepped for the drywall guys to easily start their repair work. Overall, very happy with the service and would definitely use them again; I just hope I don't have to for a long time, as you can imagine :-).

Description of Work
Due to some flood damage that occurred in our area related to Tropical Storm Irene, Indecon came out to remove my flooring, drywall and perform mold remediation and de-humidification.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Thank you for your business and the encouraging positive feed back. We appreciated the phone call and took pride in helping you address your needs after the hurricane If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

08/15/2011

mara G.

Right before we were to move in to a new home, the city sewer backed up into our basement. We were one of the lucky ones since we didn't lose much stuff but still felt initially devastated given this was our new home and concerned with moving in with a toddler with asthma and allergies. We called numerous clean up companies and everyone was overwhelmed and they all said to get on everyone's waiting list. Mastercat ended up referring us to Indecon who saved the day by coming that same day. We really lucked out to have them there that same day. And while I wasn't there, my husband raved about how hard the men worked. They arrived at 6pm on the same Saturday we called for help and stayed until midnight when they finished. Contractors that came out afterwards to put the basement back together were also impressed with how dry the basement was.

Description of Work
Cleaned up sewer water in finished basement. The work included taking out 2 feet of drywall, disinfecting/putting antimold for entire basement, and leaving large fans etc to dry out the basement.

Category biohazard cleanup

Member, I'm glad we were able to help you out after your flood. I hope you are enjoying your new home, and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to report on Angie's List, it means a lot to us, we read all reports and learn from them. Thank you Gary Hofer

08/10/2011

Michael B.

We actually had called another company, Promaster, to do the work, but they were too busy due to the amount of calls from flooding. Promaster referred us to Indecon Cleaning. Gary, from Indecon, responded to our call right away. He came out with his crew a couple of days later and did a great job remediating the problem.

Description of Work
Indecon Cleaning 911 remediated the damage to my mother-in-law's basement that resulted from flooding during heavy rain. They tore out paneling and insulation; then cleaned and disinfected the floors and walls.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you again for your business. Thank you for taking the time to report I know with busy schedules and heavy work loads its hard to Follow up on what seems to be simple but the fact is, is my company along with every company on angielist rely on these reports and our very grateful when the customer take time report on us weather good or bad it helps us establish personal relationships with each and everyone of you, and gives us more of an idea of what customers are looking for.

08/10/2011

Richard C.

We experienced basement flooding due to sewer backup when the northwest suburbs received an enormous amount of rain in just a couple hours. This was the first time we had ever experienced any water problems and were concerned about who to call. After talking to my plumber he suggested I needed professionals to clean and sanitize the basement. I had originally called Mastercat who I found on Angies List. When I talked to them on the phone they were able to answer my questions and scheduled a crew to come out that evening. Due to the amount of flooding in the suburbs Mastercat was overwhelmed with jobs and not able to have their specific crews come out. They work closely with "Indecon Cleaning 911" and made arrangements to have one of Indecon's crews do the work. I was extremely pleased with Indecon's work and workers. There would be no hesitation to use them again. Mastercat was the general contractor for the job, even though they were not doing the work their reputation and quality of work were being represented by Indecon. If I am ever in this situation again both Mastercat and Indecon will be at the top of my list to call. There were some delays in them getting to house at the appointed time, but I do not fault them for it. The entire area was in a disaster mode and things were not going exactly as planned. Both companies called multiple times trying to keep me up to date with the status of the crews and when they could expect to make it to my house. I was so pleased with the work they did at my house that I took them over to the neighbor?s house to help him out.

Description of Work
Crew came in and removed two feet of drywall and insulation from around the basement. They then cleaned, sanitized the walls and floor, plus did preventive measures for mold.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

Thank you for the kind words and referral, were in business because of homeowners like you referring and trusting us enough to pass our number on. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and although I never want you to have to go through a flood again, I hope to work with you again some day.