EXTERIOR WOOD RESTORATION INC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 1996

We clean and treat decks, wood siding, log cabins, fences and other outdoor structures. For an immediate response call Lyn @ (317)758-5942...

deck cleaning (59)pressure washing (25)decks & porches (19)roofing (16)house painting (13)fence company (9)roof cleaning (2)siding companies (1)gutter cleaning (1)woodworking (6)general contractors (5)window cleaning (1)

09/12/2022

Dee W.

they done a great job and was very polite

Description of Work
staining of house

Category contractors, pressure washing

Cost $6,067.14

Work Completed On 09/06/2022

06/27/2022

Mary G.

Fantastic job! My deck is 25 years old and had many layers of stain. Exterior Wood Restoration removed every bit of the old stain and restored the deck to like new condition. The crew was prompt, and worked diligently for 2 full days to complete the job in relentless heat! We are thrilled with the job they did.

Description of Work
Deck restoration

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

Review for EXTERIOR WOOD RESTORATION INC - 2133 E 226TH ST, Cicero, IN - 39779654

Thank you for the great review! I will pass along your compliment to the crew.

05/26/2022

Ray L.

The crew did a great job. They came while I was at work and thoroughly cleaned the deck (power washer, wood cleaner/brightener). They even took the time to clean under the deck (it's on a 2nd story). It took them several hours, but they got the job done. This deck is over 600 square feet with many railing spindles. The next week, they came back to stain everything. They called a couple of times during each process to check in with me, which I appreciated. I appreciated that they covered everything with tarps to make sure my house siding and garage door did not get messed up. This crew even carefully removed (and then re-installed) my existing lattice work so they could stain the vertical posts. I couldn't believe believe they were that thorough. I greatly appreciated them taking such pride in a job well done. They were polite, professional and cleaned up everything. I'd definitely recommend this company. The finished deck looks great!

Description of Work
Cleaning and Staining of Large Deck

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 05/24/2022

Review for EXTERIOR WOOD RESTORATION INC - 2133 E 226TH ST, Cicero, IN - 39745954

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your review of our services.

05/19/2022

Joseph W.

Great! They did a very good job and knew what they were doing. Had a small deck that needed flooring replaced. They handled it very quickly and I will definitely consider using them again if needed.

Description of Work
The replaced wood flooring and stain the deck.

Category decks

Work Completed On 04/18/2022

Thank you for your positive review. i will let our crew know you appreciated the work they completed for you.

07/12/2021

Ned P.

Our deck looks really nice now that it has been stained and railings and parts that were painted. Great job. Employees were friendly and professional. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Deck stained and rails painted.

Category contractors, decks, house painters

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

07/09/2020

Mike B.

Work was well done. Took a long time to get here after they initially said 3 weeks, 6 weeks.

Description of Work
Strip and stain wood deck

Category contractors, decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

Review for EXTERIOR WOOD RESTORATION INC - 2133 E 226TH ST, Cicero, IN - 38705033

07/09/2020

DOUG S.

Perfect! Very responsive and great work. Friendly workers who explained what they were doing and when they would be here.

Description of Work
Fixed rotten wood on deck and re-stained

Category contractors, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

05/06/2020

Bree K.

Great! They were very detailed and very clean. I love the quality of work and professionalism from everyone we interacted with! Will absolutely be using them in the future.

Description of Work
Staining of pergola

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

04/28/2020

Jeanne R.

Excellent! They took their time and sanded before applying the stain! Very professional.

Description of Work
Fence Restoration

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

06/12/2019

tim B.

Very professional and thorough. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Power washing and staining a deck, fence and siding

Category decks, fencing, siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

05/28/2019

Lee R.

They were extremely professional and did an outstanding job. Our deck looks like new! The worksite was kept clean, and they did a fantastic job communicating with us along the way, especially if weather was causing any kind of delay.

Description of Work
Sand and restain large wooden deck.

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

09/12/2018

David B.

Very nice and done in a timely and professional mannaor!!

Description of Work
Pergola stained

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

08/22/2018

SUSAN D.

They did a great job and I would use them again. To date I have not had any problems since.

Description of Work
They re-caulked the leaky area by the trim of my roof at two different locations.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

07/26/2018

Kristine C.

Customer service was great! Very responsive.

Description of Work
Fence repair and staining

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

06/28/2018

Jamie D.

We had a new fence and deck with pergola that needed stained. We had multiple quotes that were similar in price but we went with Exterior Wood Restoration due to them being more professional in the quoting process. Roderigo was very communicative through the process as the weather caused several delays. They did a great job covering the surface without leaving any mess behind. We are so pleased with our fence and deck, and I would recommend them to anyone with similar project needs.

Description of Work
Fence and Deck staining

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

05/31/2018

Denise R.

They were very professional. I have used them before and liked their work. They guarantee their work for 5 years. My fence looks great.

Description of Work
Power washed and stained a fence

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

08/16/2017

Christine R.

Every step of the way the staff were friendly and willing to answer my (many) questions. It was a very large deck, and they got the work done quickly and on time. The final product was absolutely beautiful, and I look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
We contacted Exterior Wood Restoration to have our newly built deck stained.

Work Completed On 04/20/2016

04/28/2016

Robert E.

Very poor communication, very poor customer service.

Description of Work
First it took them almost a week to respond. When I finally got some to come out and look at the deck he NEVER gave me an estimate just that it would take at least 2 months to do anything. Then he never responded again. Considering that I bought a big deal you would think that the company would be more responsive. I finally had to call Angie's list and get a refund!!

Work Completed On 04/28/2016

Unfortunately, Angie's List had a glitch in their system and did not notify us of the purchase of this big deal. We were contacted by the client almost a week after the purchase asking us why we had not responded to him yet. After contacting Angie's List we did receive his information and send his contact information to our salesperson. It was at the beginning of our deck season and many clients had already booked our services causing the two month estimate in completion time. Our goal is to contact clients within 24-48 after initial contact to schedule an appointment for an estimate.

10/27/2015

Marti M.

I would recommend that you get estimate before purchasing Angies list deal

Description of Work
Stained 12X12 deck.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 06/04/2015

01/26/2015

Ron A.

It went really well. They did a really good job. It did take a couple phone calls to get them out there, but they did get out here and do it. We had an issue where they didn't do a stain on one of the posts and they came right back out to fix it. The price was reasonable for the whole project.

Description of Work
They did a deck and fence restoration. They came out and cleaned it and stained it.

Category decks, fencing, deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2014

08/12/2014

LuAnn T.

The contact prior to stain application was timely and professional. The fence looked great and I've received a number of compliments from the neighbors! One of my neighbors has installed a matching fence, and will also be utilizing the superior service from Exterior Wood Restoration.

Description of Work
The initial consultation was over a year ago when the fence was new. He advised that it would be ok to wait until spring and schedule the cleaning and stain after the fence was settled and touched up. The knowledge, suggestions and professionalism were excellent!

Category fencing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/28/2014

05/19/2014

ROSALIE N.

The wrong color was used. It was not the color sample the salesman had shown and what was required in continuing the color of the prior treatments. What used to be bright and beautiful is dark and dreary. I was told that the color would probably lighten up but it has been over a year and the golden rose hue remains a flat dark brown. After a year went by I was told they would power wash off the stain on the siding, but not on the deck In order to show the stain could be removed I was told a small shoe box size area would be sprayed to demo what could be done. Now at my entrance area the siding has two 2 X 3 sq ft areas of pale wood. They sanded one and power washed the other. They wanted me to decide which process they were to use and then they would retreat the siding with a different color. The deck would still remain this awful dark brown. In the spring of 2013 I was in conversation with the company but after that my calls were not returned. I am very disappointed by this experience.

Description of Work
Applied protective coating to deck and siding

Work Completed On 08/01/2012

05/19/2014

Amy C.

I have used, and referred, Exterior Wood Restoration Inc over the last 15+ years. The products they use are like no other...with the special formula they have you do not have to re-stain your deck or fence etc as often as other products out there! The color is great, long lasting and well worth the cost. They are not the least expensive initial BUT when you average out over the years YOU DO NOT have to re stain, its worth it! I highly recommend Exterior Wood Restoration for great results!!

Description of Work
I had them stain my fence and my deck.

Category decks, deck cleaning, house painters