Heidorn Construction, Inc.

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2008

1455 S Stevenson Station Rd

CHANDLER, IN 47610

LICENSE #RSC0073, BDC132, URC38, BDC272, RSC403 & URC131. Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist...

06/22/2017

Pamela A.

All work was excellent. There was a little miscommunication but it was worked out

Description of Work
They prepared my basement before walls could be reinforced and waterproofing done

Category electrician, plumbing, woodworking

05/17/2017

Larry H.

The Heidorn crew worked to complete the job to our satisfaction. Workers were cordial and professional. Mr Heidorn was easy to communicate with and made a point of visiting the job site regularly to insure the project was meeting our expectations. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
Preparation of lower level family area for waterproofing system installation. Complete remodel of area afterwards incl: new drywall and woodwork, new carpet, construction of a small closet, rework door to garage and install new threshold, Also installed new entry door with sidelites and reworked stairway. Painted all drywall and door, reworked and added electrical outlets.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, interior painters, doors

03/21/2017

Kristi M.

Excellent. Always superb work whether it's a roof, deck or interior work.

Description of Work
Multiple projects over many years. Always excellent work Deck rebuild. August 2015

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking

01/05/2016

Laura B.

Very professional. Excellent workers. Cleaned up every evening. Finished on time.

Description of Work
Remodeled and enlarged our kitchen.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/31/2014

Christina J.

Our house is much more temperature regulated, it doesn't get super freezing or super hot in different rooms. Very happy. Would use again for sure.

Description of Work
Insulation for basement/attic, remove and level dirt in basement (house is 135 years old with scary dirt basement, much better now), replace HVAC ductwork, water heater, water heater exhaust,replace porch lighting.

Category decks, electrician, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling

10/06/2014

Thomas B.

Job went as bid and contractor attended to full details of job.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters, and downspouts. Installed gutter guards. Removed unsightly and unused antennas from roof. Also replaced fascia boards where needed.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

09/29/2014

Michael K.

They are the best! Their work is great and Steve is great! If something isn't right, he will check it and correct it. They may be more expensive than other companies but it's worth it.

Description of Work
We have always used them! They practically built our house; they have done windows, crawlspaces, gutters, and many other jobs.

Category drywall, electrician, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, replacement windows, doors, basement remodeling

09/27/2014

September L.

It went very well, from estimate to actual work to billing. They cost a little more than other places, but you get what you pay for. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Description of Work
Removed old gutters and hauled off debris. Replaced old gutters on 1200 square foot house with aluminum seamless gutters.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, roofing

02/15/2014

Edvin B.

After initial statement and promos that Estimate department will call to setup appointment they never call. I'm lucky they didn't perform any work if they are unprofessional to even call back.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, house painters

11/13/2013

Mary Ellen J.

They came out to the house a couple of times to check exactly what sections of concrete needed to be repaired and to take measurements. Their work was very good, precise and looks wonderful. They could have just made a standard, straight L-shaped sidewalk from the back yard to the front of the house, but they curved the sidewalk and slanted it for drainage away from the house and it looks wonderful. We also had them put up a retaining wall beside the sidewalk since our property is downhill from our neighbor's house and we needed a wall to hold back the soil. I asked them to make the retaining wall the same multi-color tan brick as our house. They did sub-contract this work, but the Heidorn Construction people did oversee the work. They planted new grass above the retaining wall and graded the soil so it would not come over the new retaining wall. The finished retaining wall curves the same as the sidewalk, looks wonderful and we have had many positive comments about how good the sidewalk and retaining wall look. I wish I could upload a picture.

Description of Work
Concrete repair work to replace broken sections around swimming pool, remove and replace a large section of a concrete patio and make a sidewalk from the back of the house to the front driveway (there was no existing sidewalk).

10/16/2013

Michael K.

They have done a variety of work for us; roofing, remodeled doorways, remodeled gutter, and other things. They are our go-to remodeling company. Their price is higher than the normal but worth the price when it comes to the product of the service and the result. The owner, Steve Heidorn, believes in doing a good job and ensures that the job is done right and on time. He personally comes and checks everything so they can be trusted to do the job right. I'm always comfortable with their work.

Description of Work
We have used Heidorn Construction for the last 20 years. They are doing my roof right now; this is the second roof they are putting in for us.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

08/14/2013

Richard L.

I liked their promptness and their ability to get everything done in the time they gave me, which was in that time frame. They were very professional and very easy to work with. I thought their price was competitive and they did a great job. They were here at like 7:30 every morning.

Description of Work
Heidorn Construction did a storage room and redid my laundry room.

06/11/2013

Frank M.

They did a really good job. They got it exactly like the other one don't and they got it at the right price. They measured the window properly. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Heidorn Construction Incorporated for window services.

Category replacement windows

05/24/2013

Dana T.

Heidorn Construction, Inc was very good. They're very responsive. I worked with them and they were like a friend. They pay attention to detail and make sure that things are done correctly. They have good follow-up.

Description of Work
We had some bracing under the house.

Category plumbing

03/11/2013

Jacqueline P.

don't know, they never did show up, not even to give me an estimate

Description of Work
called for them to come and give me a price on a new roof - called them in June, they said they would get back to me, asfter 30 days I called them again, they did not get back to me until Septembetr - too late, I had to contact another roofer to get the job done.

02/13/2013

M B.

They did a fantastic job. I called many other contractors who either didn't return my calls or didn't show up. They were very professional, showed up on time and made sure I was aware of the progress during every step. I couldn't have been more pleased and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a cracked floor joist and encapsulated the crawlspace.

Category foundation repair

12/28/2012

Janet M.

They were efficient, timely, professional, and neat. I would hire them again, no question.

Description of Work
They repaired our house, inside and out, after someone drove a car into a corner of the house. They replaced siding, painted inside and out, replaced wallpaper and carpet, and replaced drywall.

Category gutter repair, remodeling, doors

12/04/2012

Keith W.

They were really nice. They came out on time and gave me a professionally written quote. However, their price was a little bit on the high side.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Heidorn Construction, Inc. for roofing and skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

10/03/2012

Judith C.

It went just fine - took a total of about 6 weeks and we were torn up for the whole time, but that has to be expected. Steve Heidorn arranged for the painters to arrive at a certain time and when they were done, the drywallers came and did what they had to do, then the painters, and tile repairmen came and took care of what they needed to do. There were just a few minor spots that needed to be corrected and Steve Heidorn arranged for the painters to come back right away and finish up. Very pleased with the whole process.

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal in 5 rooms. Fixing leak in attic and consequently repairing crack in ceiling of two bathroomsby adding new drywall ceilings. Fixing tile in bathroom. Repairing walls after wallpaper removal and prepairing for painting. Painting all 5 rooms and trim in Master Bedroom. Heidorn was the contractor and found the individual companies to do the work and coordinated everything. We did not have to do a thing, they took care of everything in a very professional manner. I have hired them before and I will hire them again and would highly recommend them. They only hire capable people who excell at their work.

Category drywall, remodeling, wallpaper removal, interior painters

07/27/2012

R. Andrew B.

I was very pleased with their work. They're not the cheapest in town, but the quality of the work is superb. I liked the communications, the follow-up, and the quality of the work.

Description of Work
They did some work in the kitchen, and some work on our floor.

Category flooring contractor, home remodeling

06/12/2012

Janet M.

I do remember their prices to be a little expensive. They were on time and they finished the work in a timely fashion. They were very neat.

Description of Work
Heidorn Construction, Inc. removed and replaced my patio overhead and they also did some window work.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

06/07/2012

Nyla H.

They were very professional, pleasant to deal with, prices were a little on the higher end but the quality was excellent. It was well worth the money that we spent.

Description of Work
We used Heidorn Construction Inc. for some faucet and electrical works. They also did a roof for an add-on room.

05/30/2012

Dana T.

My wife has known them for years. They are from the same community. The experience was excellent. They are not inexpensive but they do exemplary work. We would use them again.

Description of Work
We used Heidorn Construction for remodeling. They have a little still to do but they basically finished last month.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/09/2011

Jean M.

I was very pleased with them. I tried to get them out another time, but they were booked. Otherwise I would've used them again. I have recommended them to my daughter and other people. My daughter tried to get them, but they were scheduled for the time she needed them. For some reason they stand out in my mind. The person they brought in to paint was excellent. Everyone they brought in to do things were under the supervision of Heidorn.

Description of Work
I used Heidorn Construction, Inc. for roofing and painting.

Category roofing, house painters

12/08/2011

Michael K.

Heidorn Construction defines quality in their field of work. We have called on them for a variety of jobs and they have always been responsive, efficient, and delivered the highest quality product/service. We have used other service providers, for one reason or another, for jobs that could have been done by Heidorn. We always wish afterwards we had contracted with Heidorn.

Description of Work
We've used Heidorn Construction for a variety of jobs since moving into our home in 1990. The home was not originally constructed well and Heidorn has helped us repair/replace as needed. They replaced our roof, including support beams and roofing, in the mid-nineties. They completely reworked our crawl space, including installing new support beams and jacks, plumbing, sump pumps, and a watertight enclosure. They installed aluminum soffit and new gutters. Installed new windows throughout the house. Built a detached 12x20 garage. Repaired roof and walls of attached garage after tree fell on roof.

Category drywall, electrician, egress windows, gutter repair, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling, foundation repair