The Painting Edge

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 1996

PO Box 61

Carmel, IN 46082

The Painting Edge is well-known as one of the premier, custom, painting and drywall companies within the central Indiana area. Having been in business the past 20 years, let our track record assure you of a high quality painting/drywall job at a reasonable price. 7 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's list discount. Award winning. Locally owned & operated. A+ rating with the BBB....

interior painting (557)drywall (178)house painting (150)wallpaper removal (32)cabinet refacing (16)pressure washing (13)water damage restoration (13)door installation (9)tile installation (9)window replacement (5)woodworking (4)deck cleaning (4)

07/26/2022

ANN B.

I highly recommend the Painting Edge based on my 12 years of experience with interior painting and drywall repair, and exterior painting and drywall repair. They are trustworthy and highly professional.

Description of Work
Exterior and interior painting and repair

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2022

07/05/2022

Tricia C.

I’ve been a Painting Edge customer since 2003 for both interior and exterior painting. The Painting Edge team have just completed the exterior painting of the wood siding on my house and the backyard pergola. I wanted to share my experience with others who are researching companies for their painting needs. What I feel sets The Painting Edge apart from its competitors are four main things: 1) Proper prep work before the paint is applied. This includes first checking the surfaces for defects or wood rot that need to be repaired or replaced. Then surface preparation follows by cleaning the entire surface and proper caulking where needed. In my situation, wood rot was found in several areas. Chris is the team’s long-time carpenter who expertly handles those types of repair and replacement. He makes the magic happen. Then the painting team’s project leader for my project, Jesus, was the key to not only keeping the team on schedule and keeping the momentum going but also making certain nothing was inadvertently overlooked. 2) Being a full-service company with attention to detail. Every customer job is different. There are various nuances at each customer’s project that must be addressed. Having a team with so many individual skills under one roof eliminates any extra hassle for the customer. The company has a number of interior and exterior teams to handle any type of painting job, along with carpenters to handle any wood repair and/or replacement. The project leaders coordinate everything and make certain no detail is missed. 3) Respect for the customer and the customer’s property. The Painting Edge team members take pride in their work and in being as careful with the customer’s property as they would their own. I have a great deal of landscaping and lighting that the men had to work around. The job site was kept so clean and organized that unless people passing by actually saw them on ladders, they didn’t even know they were here. All the team members make sure that there is minimal disruption while the job is being done. 4) Dedicated and hardworking team members. The Painting Edge hires only the best people. Todd is careful in who he hires because he stands behind the quality his company offers. He oversees the project leaders who take the time to well train the new members so that everyone subscribes to the same quality standards that have kept them one of the best painting companies in the area. Lastly, I just want to mention that the entire team was so very personable and friendly, it was a pleasure to have them here. This year they worked tirelessly in 100 degree heat each day yet maintained the superior performance they are known for and even kept a great sense of humor despite the oppressive heat. After 19 years of having them handling all my painting needs, I am very comfortable in recommending them to others looking for a truly quality painting company.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting-House Siding & Pergola this time/Interior Painting last time

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

06/29/2022

Amy B.

We have used The Painting Edge for 2 large interior painting projects over the years. We are always so impressed with the professionalism and excellent work. Todd, the owner is so responsive. He always presents us with a thorough estimate and he makes sure to ask questions to ensure that we have the exact job we want done. We have had Shane and Mike work in our home. They do so much more than just paint. They repair walls, caulk, clean up, and make everything look perfect! They are so easy to have in our home and when there were times we were not at home while they were working, they took such good care of our home, locking up and even jumping the garage door laser to make sure our house was secure. Any time we need painting done, we will DEFINITELY choose The Painting Edge again!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 06/18/2022

06/17/2022

Richard S.

We had The Painting Edge do exterior wood replacement and carpentry to the siding of our house along with painting the repaired and replaced wood. Chris did an outstanding job. He analyzed the water damage areas and made common sense recommendations and discussed it with us throughout the process. The quality of the wood repair and replacement and carpentry work that Chris performed was excellent! Chris is thorough, does quality work, is so easy to talk to and work with, and he and Todd stand by their work. We used The Painting Edge in 2015 for our whole house repainting and were very pleased with that job also. This is an outstanding company for painting and carpentry and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior Carpentry and Painting

Category woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

06/15/2022

Meghan H.

We were connected to The Painting Edge through Angi’s List, and I’m so grateful! Todd, the supervisor I spoke with about our project (painting our kitchen walls) communicated quickly and efficiently about what we needed done. He was able to give me a quote from the pictures I provided. On the day of the project the painter, Jesus, showed up on time and finished the job in half the time I thought it would take! I was worried about our white cabinets being messed up but there were zero issues. I’m so happy with the outcome!! If you’re looking for some painting work- don’t hesitate to go with The Painting Edge!

Description of Work
Kitchen interior painting

Work Completed On 06/14/2022

Review for The Painting Edge - PO Box 61, Carmel, IN - 39766450

06/14/2022

BARRY K.

Crew did an excellent job on my kitchen ceiling by replacing the loose ceiling tape and finishing it flat with compound. Then they painted the entire ceiling. I really appreciate their steps of surface/area prep, which reduced my clean up when job was done. Also, had them examine my exterior cedar siding for general maintenance and replaced rotten wood.

Description of Work
Interior dry wall repair/painting and exterior general maintenance/wood replacement

Category drywall, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/07/2022

06/09/2022

Erin B.

We are thrilled with our refinished cabinets! We had cabinets redone in a previous home by another company and there was no comparison. Everyone who visits thinks we replaced our cabinets— the finish is impeccable. Rich and Nate were incredibly professional and are obviously perfectionists, we simply could not be happier!

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet painting

Category interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

Review for The Painting Edge - PO Box 61, Carmel, IN - 39760206

05/19/2022

Susan W.

Painting project with Todd and his team exceeded my expectations. Todd was extremely helpful in planning the work and providing a detailed estimate. Painters, Brian and Jordan, were on time every day, polite, and did an excellent job of cleaning at the end of each day. And I can't say enough good things about the amazing job Ray did in repairing part of bedroom textured ceiling. It matches perfectly with rest of the ceiling!

Description of Work
Interior painting: all ceilings, doors, crown molding and trim. Also dry wall repair / bedroom ceiling.

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

05/07/2022

Jamie M.

I would absolutely recommend The Painting Edge for any project you have. We recently moved to Noblesville and needed someone to paint a few rooms before our furniture arrived. When I reached out for a quote, Todd was very responsive and was able to get me a quote fast. When I met with Todd at the house before painting, he was professional and knowledgeable and had a large selection of paint colors available to chose from. Shane was the painter that completed the job and he did an amazing job. The walls looked fresh and clean, and no mess was left around the house when he was done. He showed up early and worked a long day to get it all done, but without any compromise to quality. I would absolutely use The Painting Edge again!!

Description of Work
Interior Paint

Work Completed On 05/07/2022

05/07/2022

Jenny C.

Great experience with The Painting Edge! They repaired drywall on our ceiling. The texture was matched perfectly. Todd was very accommodating after we had to reschedule a couple of times. Very professional crew.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

02/16/2022

Judith B.

We had nearly the entire first floor of our home painted and new wood doors and trim stained. Todd and his crew at The Painting Edge did a great job from communicating expectations to planning and execution. The attention to prep work led to a flawless result. Their professionalism and clean orderly work made it easy to have the work done in our home, I would gladly use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Interior painting and staining

Work Completed On 02/11/2022

11/29/2021

Barb M.

I have used The Painting Edge a couple of times over the past 8 years, & I am never disappointed. His team is always professional, on time, & have a great attitude while they work. It makes an impression on me when people are happy in their job, because I find that says a lot about who they work for. Their work was impeccable, & I have recommended them to neighbors and friends who have needed an update to their homes. Definintely will use Todd and his team again.

Description of Work
Interior painting of entryway, upstairs hallway, kitchen, family room

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

10/13/2021

TONY & COLLEEN B.

Todd's team did a fantastic job. High quality professionals and great to work with. I would highly recommend them and plan to use them again for additional paint work.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting

Work Completed On 10/09/2021

10/01/2021

Dianne B.

Highly recommend! We had water damage to our textured ceiling and Todd's drywaller went above and beyond to get it right. Communication was great and the painting crew was professional and easy to have around. Will definitely use again!

Description of Work
Drywall and texture ceiling and paint

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/25/2021

09/27/2021

Roger N.

I have used them before and I will use them again. They always do an excellent job and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They painted the entire outside of my house.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

07/02/2021

L S.

The Painting Edge is the best contractor we've worked with. They were professional and the work was outstanding. Our house is a 60+ year old mid-century modern and we've lived in it for 22 years. Because of the way it was built and because of the mistakes of earlier owners, problems always come up when work is being done. Todd explained in detail what needed to be done and it was done beautifully. Clint was outstanding with the difficult painting job and was great to work with. We'd hire them again in a minute and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
painting - kitchen, water damaged ceiling, misc. other painting in house

Category ceramic tile, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

06/22/2021

Annette E.

Fabulously! I highly recommend Todd and his crew to anyone in need of the services they provide--they are professional, meticulous in their work, fun to have around, and Todd is probably the most conscientious contractor I've worked with, and I've worked with a lot!

Description of Work
painted most of interior rooms

Category ceramic tile, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

06/04/2021

jim B.

Excellent, The Painters Edge team was on time, provided an accurate quote and delivered a high quality, professional painting project- painters were communicative, respectful and completed the project on time. Great work and would hire The Painters Edge again!

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 05/19/2021

05/06/2021

Shandy P.

These guys are the best! From start to finish Todd and his team excel at their craft. I was highly impressed with not only the work but I have never had a crew leave my house so spotless...to the level of my mom’s standards which is a really high bar. They even cleaned my window in the vaulted area where they were painting. Shane and Jordan were punctual, friendly, and courteous, and did phenomenal work.

Description of Work
Interior painting of great room

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

04/30/2021

Heather T.

The Painting Edge did an amazing job on our project. They were great with communication, showed up promptly every day and very detailed in their work. They took the time to scrape and caulk baseboards/trim and repair dents, dings and nail pops we didn’t even know were there! The work area was very tidy and they cleaned up wonderfully. Toby and Brian were a pleasure to have on site. They were respectful, listened to my requests & their great personalities were a bonus. I will definitely ask for them again. Ray, the drywaller, did an impeccable job. We have had many things drywalled, never has the work been this phenomenal and with zero mess! The project area was well curtained off and I didn’t have to clean after. I will for sure request him again. Overall Todd Cartmel and his crew were true professionals who are so hard to find these days. I can’t say enough good things. Worth every penny.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and interior painting of kitchen, family room and two hallways.

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

03/22/2021

Tiffany T.

drywall & painted bedroom & closet

Description of Work
Great communication, very professional and looks fantastic! I would definitely hire them again for future projects!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

03/01/2021

Kathy G.

Excellent crew. Great attention to detail. Would definitely recommend and use again!

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting living room, dining room, kitchen, stairway and loft areas

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

02/15/2021

Jami L.

Had cabinets lacquered by The Painting Edge. Wonderful work by this company. Our cabinets look just like new cabinetry from a factory were installed. We are very happy with this companies work! We would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Cabinet lacquer

Category ceramic tile, interior painters, cabinet refacing