Lowe's Home Improvement

Founded 1946 • With Angi since October 2002

14598 Lowes Way

Carmel, IN 46033

Store number - 1525. Award winning.

03/26/2022

Scott D.

We would not recommend using Carmel Lowes for any window projects or contracting services. This project has been a nightmare since we ordered our Pella windows in May 2021. Kim and Paul were the project managers assigned to us and we could never get any responses from them or help. They ordered the incorrect screens and sliding door 3 times and counting. Error after error on their part and they don’t seem to care or want to respond back. It has been 10 months already and still waiting for them to right this situation in any way. Unacceptable experience in several ways. We do not recommend the Carmel Lowes for any contracting services

Description of Work
Windows project

Category replacement windows

06/26/2018

ROBERTO P.

Our experience with Lowes floor sales, installation, and Customer Support (Control Production Office) was pretty bad. We purchased a vinyl plank floor (Smartcore) and installation from Lowes at the Carmel store. As soon as the installation was completed, we realized the floor would moved and wiggled at random spots and would also produce noises as we walked over. We contacted Customer Support numerous times and after a lot of complaining, Lowes asked the installer and manufacturer to evaluate their own work & materials. Of course , they concluded there was no problem and the wiggling, movement, and noise were normal in this type of floor. If Lowes would have made us aware that they were selling us a floor that would wiggle, move, and produce noises as we walked over, we would have never purchased this type of floor. Customer Service (Control Production Office) was specially bad during this entire process.

Description of Work
Installation of vinyl plank floor

Category flooring contractor

08/23/2017

Nanci G.

They had a contractor come out and put the floors in, they were okay, and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They replaced our flooring, they put in carpet and hard flooring.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

02/20/2017

Cindy B.

The worst experience we have ever had in what was to be "professional installation ". Places floor didn't reach the wall, the quarter round cuts looked like a child had done then with a toy saw. They did all sawing inside the home so it was a filthy mess. Door jams in areas were cut to high. Lowes answer was "they were too busy during the holiday season to investigate this". I cannot believe that they would allow this type of work to be done to someone's home. After much frustration we were finally able to get a small portion of the total charge reduced which really didn't amount to much after dealing with this for two months. Never hire them for any work!!!!

Description of Work
Installation of vinyl plank flooring throughout home. New quarter round installed also.

Category flooring contractor, woodworking, doors

01/03/2017

Ilene and Richard A.

They did a great job. The only thing that I wasn't too happy about was the fact we purchased 2 rooms full of carpet. The one thing the seller didn't tell us is that the basement carpet is going to be hard to lay due to the flooring. Had they told me that I would have spent a little more money.

Description of Work
I purchased carpet from this location. I purchased 2 different kinds of carpets. One of them is an A and the other is a B and the pad is very very soft.

Category carpet installation, furniture sales

10/18/2016

THERESA E L.

Their kitchen counter associate is the best in the business and they helped with everything. The ovens arrived broken and they fixed it right away.

Description of Work
They handled the entire process of installing new granite counter-tops and ovens.

Category home improvement stores

05/03/2016

Sheila R.

The sink had a leak and the floor needed a reinstall. Lowe's did come out and replaced the whole sink and faucet. After that the floor was reinstalled. Shortly after the floor started bowing, and Keller Interiors came out several times to inspect it. When you walk into the condo, the floor sinks down. Keller keeps pointing at Lowe's saying that it isn't their problem because it's the materials. I paid for the floors twice. I had to file an insurance claim which made my insurance go up. Lowe's has offered to redo the floors for $1000, but I've already paid for it twice. I just want them to redo it. I spoke to Beth at Lowe's who is in charge of installation sales. I'm giving then a D overall. They've had so much time to get this rectified, and I've talked to so many people about it. The price was fair. I suspect the floors quality is no good, which is why it is bowing. I would use this Lowe's again, but not for floor sales.

Description of Work
I purchased bamboo floors at Lowe's Home Improvement. They subcontracted Keller Interiors for the installation.

Category flooring contractor

07/18/2015

DENISE M.

I worked with Rich in the carpet dept. at Lowe's/Carmel. He was very helpful. I already knew what I was looking for in a carpet, and he recommended the carpet which I ultimately purchased. Everything thing went smoothly from measuring to purchase to install, and I am very pleased. Everyone I worked with, from Rich, to the person who measured, to the installation team (John and his crew) were great. The carpet is beautiful, and I couldn't be more pleased. One note: I shopped two carpet stores prior to purchasing from Lowes. To get the type of carpet and quality that I wanted, which was a low-pile pattern BCF nylon, they couldn't come close in price.

Description of Work
Basement Carpeting.

05/13/2015

Adam J.

Everything went as planned. The people doing the work were contractors for Lowes. They we on time, professional and did a great job. We paid extra to have then move furniture and they did a nice job with that as well, talking "before " pictures, so they knew where to return the items to.

Description of Work
Installed carpet purchased at Lowes

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, doors, home improvement stores

02/26/2015

GLENN V.

Nice guy. Tried hard to do a good job.

Description of Work
iNSTALLED LIGHT IN WALK IN CLOSET

Category lighting, doors

02/24/2015

DAVID K.

Initial installer used by Lowes was not certified to repair this high end unit, but they got another service company engaged. There was a minor delay of a couple of days as we worked thru getting the right resource lined up, but Lowes made it happen. My experience is that they do a good job in working thru issue but can be a bit slow in engagement because of the outsourced nature of their business model. But they have always come thru and they have been very fair in supporting their sales.

Description of Work
Repair tankless hot water heater that was purchased from Lowes.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, doors, home improvement stores

01/12/2015

Kevin Z.

The service and the price are very good. Compared to several companies I called, their price was the best. That's the reason I choose them. They're a big company, so I think they can guarantee the quality. There's a one year warranty.

Description of Work
They replaced three of my windows.

Category replacement windows

12/15/2014

Laura E.

Great! Sales person was extremely helpful and knew the products

Description of Work
Purchased a snow blower

12/09/2014

WILLIAM S.

blinds arrived on time. installed as contracted.

Description of Work
blinds and installation

11/14/2014

Kay V.

The main likes is that they have a variety of products. The dislikes is I would say availability of customer service when you need one.

Description of Work
I bought some plumbing equipments.

Category plumbing

11/07/2014

Kay V.

Overall it was good, I just didn't like how we had to pay everything up front. Towards the end of the project, not everything was finished. Communication was shaky.

Description of Work
They remolded our bathroom.

Category home remodeling

11/06/2014

Lisa G.

They messed it up and it’s still not right – I can’t open the cabinets over the refrigerator. During the project, my fridge & trash compactor were in my family room. It was supposed to be a 2 day install and they took 10-11 days; we were under the gun because we were having a reception at the house on Halloween. My floor is also a half of an inch taller than it was because they didn’t pull up the old underlayment prior to laying the new tile floor down. I start blaming Lowe’s when they were unresponsive when we reported to them that we had problems with their subcontractor. They had to cut all of our doors down in our home too, including our metal front door – they then wanted to try to charge us additional for the doors. Once I raised a fuss, they backed down.

Description of Work
They installed a ceramic tile kitchen floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

11/05/2014

Vicki S.

I bought a dishwasher at Lowes about a week ago. The sales person was great and helped me to decide which model of dishwasher to purchase. He then called, put a rush on it, and got it delivered about a week earlier than expected. The installer from Lowes did a wonderful job installing it. He let me know that the handyman I had come out to the house had almost completely shut off the water to the dishwasher. I am very happy with my dishwasher and the installer.

Description of Work
bought dishwasher and had it installed

Category appliance repair, appliance sales, doors

09/13/2014

SHARON P.

They were very careful not to cause damage to anything. Had to remove and reinstall front door in order to get appliances in. Hooked up all and made sure it worked.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed new range and refrigerator and removed old appliances.

07/25/2014

Ali S.

They helped answer a question I had about renovations I'm working on. They gave me a background and educated me on the type of locks I would want to use. Every time I go they are very helpful.

Description of Work
Helped me find the right lock to my doors

Category ceramic tile

06/24/2014

nick P.

All seemed to be fine until the cabinets started contracting and the stain did not cover all the cabinet. The store referred us to Diamond the cabinet supplier who did nothing to fix the problem. They said wait until the wood expands and it should help. I have called Lowes 4 times and they promise to get back to me but never do. I bought from Lowes because I wanted a big company backing up the job. I also bought windows with Lowes but will NEVER buy there again. Horrible follow up.

Description of Work
installed kitchen cabinets and flooring

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, woodworking, doors

06/23/2014

JOAN B.

The men who arrived were punctual and polite. They not only installed the doors but also practically rebuilt the area that was to receive the door including the threshold. The finished product is wonderful! I am so pleased that I invested in both the door and the door.

Description of Work
Installed 2 new Pella doors that we purchased at the local Lowe's store in Carmel store.

06/16/2014

JON & JANET S.

The doors themselves seem to be good quality. Our front door is very pleasing. We get a lot of complements on that door. The installation was not so good. The installers did not frame the doors properly. Two of the doors were binding (hitting the frame) and the installers had to come back to adjust them. One of the doors had to be adjusted twice and still it was dragging on the frame (I fixed it myself with one screw). Some of the trim molding was not reinstalled properly - they put in only one nail to hold it in place. Getting the installer to come back out took a week or more. I will probably shop at Lowe's again but would not recommend the installers they used. You're better off to pay a little more for a professional door installer.

Description of Work
Replaced 4 entrance doors with new fiberglass doors.

06/09/2014

LYNDA C.

I was referred to Lowe’s for their prices and quality. I was overall happy with their work. They removed my old doors and installed the new ones, and everything’s held up fine since then. I'd use them again if I were having more work done.

Description of Work
I used Lowe’s to buy the materials and install new storm doors.

06/03/2014

Charlene R.

We love Lowe's for a couple of things because they have someone there who is knowledgeable about what you want to buy, and the DIY place is important. They give a 10% discount to veterans, and that is helpful, and we like their product. We like their customer service, and they keep everything that you bought from them in a computer, so you can go back and look at it. I got my tiles for our floor and back splash from them. They have people who can explain things to you, and that means a lot to me. They have all the good brands and everything.

Description of Work
I used Lowe's Home Improvement. My husband was there last weekend. I bought my washer, dryer from them, and we buy a lot of stuff from them.

Category ceramic tile, garage doors

RICK MAYFIELD PAINTING

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS.2012,2013 CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE.NON-SMOKER.MUST SEE JOB TO GIVE ACCURATE QUOTE PLEASE USE DIRECT EMAIL OR CALL ABOVE PHONE NUMBER.

Peek-A-Boo Blinds

When you need a Window Covering Service that you can trust, call Peek-A-Boo Blinds in Noblesville, Indiana and surrounding areas for all of your Window Covering needs. At Peek-A-Boo Blinds we specialize in a variety of services, including Blinds, Shades and Shutters. Contact us today for more information or to request an estimate.

2022 Super Service Award

Dutton Plumbing Inc

With over seven years of plumbing experience, Dutton Plumbing prides ourselves on our quality of work and customer service. We will ensure that you receive the best price possible while also receiving top-quality work for all your plumbing and remodeling needs. We will work on and care for your home as if it were our own because we understand what it’s like to be in your situation. Our number one goal is to make sure your issue is taken care of in a timely and efficient manner while making sure you are happy. No job is too big or too small, so please reach out and let us help you! Phone: 317-938-8969 Email Address: duttonplumbinginc@outlook.com

2022 Super Service Award

Appliances, water heaters, compactors, disposers, floor care, air conditioners, bath tubs, showers, cabinets, countertops, ceiling fans, faucets, fixtures, flooring, interior doors, home decor, ladders, lumber, masonry, plumbing, electrical, fencing, gutters, decking, play, outdoor power equipment, lighting, patio furniture, paint & stain, windows & accessories.