Legacy Window & Door LLC

With Angi since June 2009

We sell and install windows and doors and we build all season rooms. As a licensed bond insured general contractor we also offer many other services including most exterior work and many interior projects. LEGACY Window and Door recently celebrated 11 years in business. We have won the Super Service Award 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Best in Class), 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. We are located in the Arts & Design district in Carmel at 540 North Range Line Road. If you plan on stopping by our showroom please call in advance if possible. We serve central Indiana and provide free of charge a project estimate. At LEGACY we don't have sales persons. Our owner, Mark Spencer visits each homeowner and offers his 30 years of experience in design, energy efficiency and general remodeling expertise and design. Legacy estimates are informational based and there is no obligation or phony sales offer. Please give us a call/text and lets discuss your project : 3174881464...

RICK MAYFIELD PAINTING

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS.2012,2013 CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. NO SERVICE FEE.NON-SMOKER.MUST SEE JOB TO GIVE ACCURATE QUOTE PLEASE USE DIRECT EMAIL OR CALL ABOVE PHONE NUMBER.

All Pro Painting Company LLC

***Angies List Super Service Winner***** Business Done the old fashioned way, We show up on time and communicate throughout your project. With many painting companies, you don't know who will actually paint your home and the person that gives you an estimate will probably never return after the first contact. With All Pro Painting Co., we will come to your home to give you an estimate, will be part of the crew painting your home and will be the ones to ensure that the work lives up to our high standards. Award winning since 2010

Preferred Home Improvements Inc

Preferred Home Improvements LLC, in Carmel, IN, is the area's leading painting company serving not only Carmel but also Westfield, Noblesville, Fishers, and Geist - and we’ve been doing it for 20 years! As a premier painting contractor, we strive to provide honest and reliable services to meet your residential and commercial painting needs. We combine the industry's best paint with our passion for detail to exceed your expectations. Big job or small, we have you covered. Our services include: interior and exterior painting, drywall repair, wallpaper removal, cabinet painting and staining, deck building, staining, painting, and restoration, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, and repair and replace rotted wood. Please contact Don Johnson at 317-764-4220 for a free estimate.

12/30/2020

Terrible! Of all the jobs items we hired Mark Spencer to do, the only one that was completed properly, at the end of an entire year of begging them to do the work, was the window replacement. All other work was incomplete, done poorly, not properly permitted, failed inspection, or not even started. We paid Legacy Windows and Doors around $85k for all the work they were supposed to do. After a year of constant lies & disappointment we fired them & have now had 6 separate contracts with 5 different contractors to finish & fix what Legacy started & messed up; to the tune of an additional $45k. Mark Spencer is a liar & a crook. I called a lawyer to sue him but the lawyer already knew about Legacy & informed me that they have filed bankruptcy, so we are just out the money.

Description of Work
Sunroom addition, patio & pergola addition, windows & door replacement, siding replacement, & stone veneer addition.

Category ceramic tile,decks,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,doors,sunrooms

12/30/2020

Worst contractor I've ever worked with. Almost nothing was completed or done correctly. The windows are the only thing that we are completely happy with. Permits were not properly pulled, no inspections were ever passed, siding & stone veneer was improperly installed, room addition was never completed, patio & pergola were never even started. Job was estimated to take a couple of months; finally fired Mark Spencer of Legacy Windows and Doors after 1 year of being lied to. He stole our money. He is a crook.

Description of Work
Sunroom addition, patio & pergola built, windows & siding replacement, front door replacement, & stone veneer added

Category ceramic tile,decks,gutter repair,siding,replacement windows,skylights,interior painters,doors,sunrooms

07/27/2020

Unfortunately, we had a very poor experience with Legacy Windows (Mark Spencer). Here are the main reasons: 1. The work dragged out way too long. Our porch conversion took over 10 months to complete--much longer than it should have. 2. We couldn't trust Mark to follow through on his word. He would tell us he'd have a crew at our house on a certain day, and 70% of the time no one would show up as promised. 3. When we signed the contract, he told us that he has a regular crew that does excellent work. Over our 10 months working with him, we never once saw any sign of a "regular crew." Most of the guys he hired told us we were their first or second job with Mark. As such, the quality of work varied quite widely. 4. He seems to have money problems. We had a lot of unhappy subcontractors during the duration of our project who were not being payed in a timely manner (one of which threatened to put a lien on our property because Mark was not paying him what was owed). 5. Mark doesn't seem to know much about windows or carpentry. When he tried to do some of the trim work himself, the result was poor quality. When we had issues with the brand-new windows not opening or closing properly, he was unable to troubleshoot and fix the issue. He had to get a Simonton rep to come help. Getting help is fine, but the issue was a really obvious one that someone who is head of a window installation company should have been able to identify. 6. There was very little quality control. With the motley assortment of workers he found to do parts of our job, Mark should have been coming on site to do quality control checks. Near the end of our project, we learned that the guy who installed trim around the windows had nailed into all of the balance chambers so the windows would NOT open and close. He also nailed into the weep chambers at the base of each window. The Simonton rep told us that would result in major water damage over time. That incident finally ended our saga with Legacy Windows, and we have since found another company to repair the damages that were done to our new windows. Mark is a nice guy who probably had good intentions. But unfortunately we had a very poor experience with him. And from what we have gathered from his many subcontractors, other customers have had bad experiences as well.

Description of Work
Convert screen porch to sunroom. Add 10 windows, light fixtures, laminate flooring.

Category decks,replacement windows

05/07/2020

An absolutely horrible experience. Work began in October 2018 and 15 months later the room was only 60% completed. So many lies and broken commitments from the owner, Mark S******. I will never use this company or person again and would highly recommend that no one else contract them for any work!

Description of Work
a sunroom addition

Category garage builders,sunrooms

This project was 95% complete when the homeowner quit paying installments and demanded substantial work be added for free that was not on the order. We will explain what happened and the members can draw their conclusion. Legacy will not be intimidated and we will definitely not be extorted with the threat of a negative review. We built this homeowner a beautiful 22 x 16 room addition. When we left the room was 100% complete on the exterior and the interior was complete except for drywall finish and floor. Despite everything nearly complete, the homeowner claimed we completed 50% of the project. Here’s what we did. Plese keep in mind the exterior is 100% complete. 1. Deep crawl space foundation for storage opportunity. 2. Gable roof with cathedral ceiling and tongue and groove interior. 3. Exterior has Hardie siding, cedar trim and is painted and complete with roof, shingles,gutters. 4. The windows were upgraded to Jeld Wen gliding windows with transoms. There are 22 windows and a patio door in this room. These are wood clad with white wood interior windows not vinyl. The window and patio door cost was $14,000. This was not in the original plan. 5. The interior was insulated and drywall hung. The ceiling was finished, the electric was done. They also have an expensive door they ordered that they are now claiming they didn't order even though it is on the contract. It's a 12' four panel Pella wood clad door. It cost us $3600 and we don't have anything we can do with it. The homeowner has paid us $28,630 to date. The homeowner was demanding we install an HVAC system because we spoke about. They also demanded we install a floor in the crawl space with a deck area outside the entrance so they could use it as a storage unit. It's not on the contract. We currently have 5 job sites under construction. If you’d like to visit a Legacy job site and see our work and interact with our workers and homeowners please let us know. Free estimates are available by calling 317 488-1464.

01/31/2020

A Legacy of lies, harassment, and lost money! I had contacted Mark Spencer, owner of Legacy Window & Door, to create an opening and install a window in my home. After taking a 50% deposit and missing his installation date, his crew finally arrived weeks later at my home to do work. They did not have many of the needed supplies. Instead of apologizing, Mark tells me I owe him an additional $800 for bricks. I had told him I needed bricks when we originally discussed the project as it was obvious we would need more. He had already violated his contract and wasted my vacation days with delays. I refuse to give him additional money and tell him to refund me the money for my deposit of $2250. On top of that, his installation crew brings a small child into my home who is playing inside of my home (***?!) and unsupervised around my property (I live on a corner lot...not safe for an unsupervised child). He refused to refund me despite breaching his contract (he missed the start date, he missed the completion date, his crew did not clean up and had left supplies all over my home and yard, and he did not provide all the supplies needed for installation). His crew never lifted a hammer. They dropped off incomplete supplies, walked around my home/rugs with muddied shoes taking measurements, and left when they realized they didn't have everything they needed. I later went and purchased the brick myself and the total cost was less than $50. He had demanded $800 for bricks before he would send his crew back. He then lies and accused me of being racist against his workers (I'm from and immigrant family and also luckily have a home surveillance system). He sent me abusive and threatening text messages. Texts that included everything from me being from a 'sh*thole country' to threatening me with a lien/lawsuit if I post a review or report his company. He attempted to extort me for more money with threats of multiple liens (he wanted an additional $2700, more than the entire contract amount). I reported Mark and his company to the Better Business Bureau. I provided the BBB with evidence of these rude comments and his false claims. As of today, Legacy Window & Doors no longer has BBB accreditation. Mark continues to threaten me with a lawsuit. He is threatening to put a lien on my home. I even had to call the police to finally get him to stop harassing me. Steer clear. Search the Indiana court case website and you will see how many times he and his company have been named in a lawsuit. I wish I knew all of this before I signed a contract with him. Quite a terrible Legacy Mark Spencer is creating.

Description of Work
New window opening and new window installation

Category replacement windows

We have never been to this address. How can Angie's list let someone post a review on a job stie we were never at and for a homeowner we never did any work for? We have asked Angie's list to remove the review. 1. We have never been to this address. 2. We never did work for this person. Please remove this review.

12/07/2019

All was great! Very easy to work with and they went out the way to accommodate a couple other things I needed while the hole was open in my foundation. Highly Recommended!!

Description of Work
Egress window

Category egress windows,replacement windows

10/24/2019

Overall this project was a disappointment. Legacy installed a brand new door onto our back porch with a cracked window, and this was reported to Mark immediately. After FIVE years this has never been repaired. FIVE years of Mark telling me he has ordered the window insert and that his guys will be out to fix it, and nobody comes. After several months I would contact him again, he would apologize, and say he has it ordered and his guys will be out soon. Again, nobody comes, and this cycle repeated multiple times over FIVE years as of this posting without resolution. The crew Mark sent originally (Mike and Dave) were unprofessional, sloppy, and rude. Two of the original windows were installed crooked, and would not close until they were adjusted multiple times. The large window in our master bathroom required some wood repair, which they replaced with wood that didn’t match the existing color, and was caulked with clear non-paintable caulk that to this day looks embarrassing. Their reason for using both the clear caulk and wood was,”that was what we had in the truck.” This project began in the winter of 2014 in the bitter cold. On 2 separate occasions, they would have a new window set in place, but not yet sealed (1/4” gaps all around), and leave for the night with cold air blasting into our home through the gaps around the window. They installed new exterior siding, and in multiple places the joints between boards overlap other joints. While installing the siding, they knocked large holes of the existing insulation/water barrier out from our attic space to the point that the wall studs are exposed with the siding nailed directly to the studs without the protective under layer (I could see outside through the new siding while standing in the attic). The fascia boards were torn up pretty bad to replace the siding, but no attempt was made to repair or replace them until our situation began to reach unbelievable results. Dave told me they had no reason to repair the fascia boards because they “had to be torn up” to replace the siding. In my opinion, part of any job includes repairing damages along the way. Eventually Mark had them return to caulk up the holes in the fascia, but one side of our house has never been repaired because Dave smirked “we didn’t bring the tall ladder.” In multiple areas of the exterior they used interior nails, all of which rusted immediately. The back porch conversion was a total disaster. Legacy was hired to begin a porch conversion by rebuilding the walls to code and insulating/water barrier protecting the outside (I was going to do the interior finishing myself). They installed our new door directly to an existing 4x4 cedar post, with NO HEADER and a single 2x4 pine king stud on the opposite side. Trying to finish the interior has been a nightmare because the cedar 4x4 is wider than the pine 2x4 and getting everything flush has been a headache. This is the same door with a cracked window that we get to look through everyday, thanks to Legacy Window and Door. On of the porch windows is 2” lower than the one next to it, which looks awful. On their website, pictures show a porch conversion with 16” wall studs and properly framed windows, but their work on our porch didn’t have any studs closer than 24” and none of the windows were framed. They installed the porch windows directly onto the window plate sill and foot nailed single 2x4’s on either side. I had to add Tyvek after the fact, because none of the porch windows were properly water proofed because they put the windows in without it. I could go on and on about this, but overall this was a disaster and I would avoid this company at all cost. Mark told me after I complained about the job that Mike and Dave had just installed a roof for another client that leaked, and he was spending all of his time fixing the situation with that customer. Well, our situation was also poor and has never been resolved. We hired Mark because he promised to provide the best quality service and that if anything wasn’t perfect, he would fix it, but after 5 years it’s obvious that we weren’t getting what we paid for.

Description of Work
We hired Mark to replace all of our windows, siding, and begin conversion of porch to an enclosed room.

Category siding,replacement windows,doors,sunrooms

We have resolved this with the homowner and this review was supposed to be taken down.

03/25/2019

Mark was easy to work with and our new windows look great.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

This homeowner replaced cheap builder grade single hungs for our private label Heritage series double hungs and casements. All the glass is triple pane which maximizes energy efficiency and makes the interior of our homes much more quiet. These folks ended up replacing a number of single hungs with double casement windows. They did this in the master bedroom and the dining room. These rooms are at the back of the house and it created a nice look.

03/25/2019

Windows are good quality and installation crew was excellent.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

Windows make a difference inside and out on a home. In this situation the windows were old, inefficient and no longer looked great. Legacy's casement windows deliver maximum energy efficiency and these folks also had triple pane glass in their new windows. With Legacy's lifetime free service plan, our homeowners can rest assured their purchase is protected today and down the road.

03/24/2019

Installation went great. Very happy with the final product and will use again on my next project. Mark and Chris were very easy to work with on this project. Thanks again guys!!

Description of Work
Window replacements

Category replacement windows

This homeowner had Pella casements installed. Pella is a popular choice for homeowners who want interior wood finish. Pella also offers more than 20 exterior colors which enables us to custom design the color palette with the customers. To learn more about Legacy Pella windows and our entire inventory of windows and doors please call, text or email us for a free no obligation estimate.

We are a full service general contractor. We offer window and door replacement, 3 and 4 season rooms, kitchen and bath remodeling and so much more. The strength of our organization is our quality labor and commitment to using the best materials.

Commercial services

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available, American Express, PayPal