CREATIVE CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2009

Small family business...

JD Hostetter & Associates

Our goal at JD Hostetter & Associates is to treat every customer honestly, fairly and respectfully. We treat you and your home the way we would want our home and family to be treated with an efficient, low pressure experience. This means that we are available when you need us — whether that be by phone, text, or email. No one makes the right decision under pressure. That’s why we take our time to help you understand the process so you can make a decision at ease. We give you options that fit your needs and budget and won’t try to upsell you on products or services you don’t need. If any problems arise after the project is complete, we are always available for you and will treat you like we treat our own family.

Barrier Windows

2017 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER IN WINDOWS IN THE INDIANAPOLIS AREA!!! Services offered now include bathroom and kitchen remodels, custom mfg replacement windows,entry/patio doors,insulated siding, sunrooms, roofing,insulation, gutters. Barrier window is a direct factory outlet and provides installation with all products. All products installed by Barrier come with a Lifetime non-prorated warranty and is owner transferable. Barrier Window Inc was established in 1996.

Fence Pros

Locally owned with 25 years experience in the fencing industry. FREE ESTIMATES!

10/10/2013

Terrible. They never gave us an estimate. They came by and we gave them a tour of the house and explained what we needed done.

Description of Work
They came to give us an estimate and never got back to us. Ridiculous.

Category decks,drywall,remodeling,home remodeling

05/24/2012

Jerry was very prompt in responding to my first call for an estimate. He was professional and patient as we discussed how the job was to be done. I thought I wanted to have the wood "look" preserved by just applying a semi-transparent stain. However, after discussing different coverage options I agreed to trust one of Jerry's suggestions and go with a lighter solid stain(Sikkens). It looks great! It makes the porch brighter (north exposure) and yet maintains the wood feel I wanted. Jerry is an excellent painter. He is meticulous, quick, and experienced. The high pitched celing with rough old wood (having some roof nails poking through in places) made this a tedious job. He also had to make two trips for more stain since the wood soaked it up so much. I am very pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Exposed wood beam ceiling on large screened porch was stained along with a new half-wall to attic. This was originally covered with an old plywood ceiling, so some new wood was next to old wood. The labor charge was $300 and the rest was for stain, supplies, etc.

Category remodeling,house painters

04/25/2012

They did a really great job and also had a great reasonable price. They fixed everything that the other company hadn't done right. The windows weren't part of the deal but when I saw what was being done I told them I wanted windows put in and they went out and got them, fixed some other stuff for me. I was really surprised about what they did. They did everything right, put windows in, saved the decks and worked around everything. So they did exactly what I wanted. They did a good job. They were very prompt and very courteous. I will use them again.

Description of Work
I used Creative Construction about four months. I had a brick removed from the front of my house, water and termite damage, some wood in front of my house replaced, siding, windows put in and all the brick removed because the water was dripping from the gutters behind my house.

Category remodeling,replacement windows

02/01/2012

This company is extremely prompt, helpful and professional.

Description of Work
This company did drywall work in my nephew's laundry room.

Category drywall,replacement windows

10/13/2011

See description. Very satisfactory.

Description of Work
I have used Jerry Williams for several projects between 2005 and 2010 and will use him again. He built a great waterfall. He has repaired water damage inside. He has done finished carpentry including painting. He was one of the painters when we initially built our two houses. He has done extensive repair of dog damage including repainted. Most recently, he repaired exterior storm damage on a two story building He is the best painter I have ever used. He is good at all phases of interior and exterior remodeling including finished carpentry and painting.

Category decks,remodeling,water damage restoration,woodworking,house painters,interior painters,fountains

10/06/2010

They are good. I have been using them for several days now. I will be spending about $800 on the job. Their work is excellent. I would recommend the quality of their work. They are careful and competent. They are very responsive. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I am currently using Creative Construction for exterior home repair.

06/29/2009

As you can see, I have found Jerry’s work to be outstanding and quite reasonable in cost. That is why I have used him repeatedly. He did everything very well--whether he is laying bricks, repairing walls and ceilings, painting or anything else. His painting was really exceptional—perfect coverage with no drip marks or residual messiness. He was very careful to find out exactly what I wanted done. He then worked without supervision. He knew what to by and where to by it at a reasonable price. He was scrupulously honest and was conservative in his billing. He is also a very nice, soft-spoken and generous person. I will reuse his services whenever I need skilled work.

Description of Work
Jerry has done a number of jobs for me since 2004. I will list these approximately in reverse chronological order. (1) Most recently he rebuilt my waterfall and built stone retaining walls flanking it. See photo on his website. (2) A bit earlier he repaired extensive water damage from heavy rains and other complications. This required creative repair of a duct in a very difficult place to access, replacement of an in-wall water hydrant, removal of wet insulation and repair of ceiling and wall drywall and repainting. (3) Repair of wooden windowsills damaged by crazy dog and repainting of them and of dirty walls and step risers. (4) Repair of water damage in wall next to greenhouse door and reworking of greenhouse masonry to prevent further leakage. (5) Laid brick patio and built some retaining walls of landscaping blocks. See photo on his website. (6) Interior and exterior painting.

06/23/2009

We had frequent trouble with water in our crawlspace. We contacted many companies specializing in crawlspaces but were not happy with their suggestions or prices. Jerry proposed a plan of gravel-filled ditches in the crawlspace (dug by hand) with a sump pump and a backup battery. The system he designed and built was very reasonably priced and has worked perfectly for a year and a half. He did a great job. Our crawlspace has remained completely dry even after periods of heavy rain.

Description of Work
Designed and built a draining system for crawl space.

05/18/2009

I called him. He did the work I needed to have done. No complaints. Excellent job.

Description of Work
I have utilized the services of Jerry Williams Creative Construction many times over several years. He built a 12' x 12' room addition, added a porch, replaced guttering and painted the interior and exterior of the whole house and an additional 2nd house. He remodeled another room into a pantry storage area. There were also many prior maintenance jobs and some landscape work he did for me. He is very ethical, courteous, an excellent worker and, by far, the neatest painter I have ever encountered. He gets the job done properly according to how you want it done or will recommend other options if asked. I highly recommend him.

Category remodeling

BUILDINGS, ADDITIONS, RENOVATIONS, INTERIOR PAINTING AND DRYWALL, EXTERIOR PAINTING, BRICK PATIOS AND WALKWAYS, PONDS AND WATERFALLS, MARBLE AND TILE FLOORS, BAMBOO AND WOOD FLOORS, LANDSCAPED BLOCK WALLS.