Built by YOU

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2010

Built By YOU is a locally owned and operated Home Remodeling and Custom Home company with over 25 years in the construction business. We specialize in Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling, Home Remodeling including Additions, Custom Home Building and Commercial projects that include the design,construction and project management. We also focus on improving the value of your home with quality craftsmanship and professional service. If you are considering a Home Remodeling Project or Custom Home in the Monroe County area please contact us for an appointment. We give free estimates! We invite you to explore our website at www.BuiltByYOU.com . To make an appointment please all 812.339.3399 or email Aaron@BuiltByYOU.com . We look forward to hearing from you!...

Absolute Electric & Maintenance LLC

Owner operated. Cost is determined by the job. Award winning.

JD Hostetter & Associates

Our goal at JD Hostetter & Associates is to treat every customer honestly, fairly and respectfully. We treat you and your home the way we would want our home and family to be treated with an efficient, low pressure experience. This means that we are available when you need us — whether that be by phone, text, or email. No one makes the right decision under pressure. That’s why we take our time to help you understand the process so you can make a decision at ease. We give you options that fit your needs and budget and won’t try to upsell you on products or services you don’t need. If any problems arise after the project is complete, we are always available for you and will treat you like we treat our own family.

Barrier Windows

2017 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER IN WINDOWS IN THE INDIANAPOLIS AREA!!! Services offered now include bathroom and kitchen remodels, custom mfg replacement windows,entry/patio doors,insulated siding, sunrooms, roofing,insulation, gutters. Barrier window is a direct factory outlet and provides installation with all products. All products installed by Barrier come with a Lifetime non-prorated warranty and is owner transferable. Barrier Window Inc was established in 1996.

10/25/2018

I waited a year to write this review so that my wife and I could have a decent amount of time actually using what Aaron Prange (of Built by YOU) made for us. We have a small bathroom in a modern house built in 1968, which we wanted to renovate in an appropriate style. We had a recently acquired vanity top with fixture that we like a lot, but everything else needed to be changed. We consulted with ...

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category home remodeling

11/12/2017

after a slow start , he did a high quality job of completing all the items on the estimate for very close to the same price on the estimate (some extra we decided to add later ). Very patient with our request for changes here and there.

Description of Work
install oven exhaust through ceiling, remodel kitchen cabinets and tile on walls, install removable steps to attic, install flooring in attic, install new double glass doors exiting great room to deck

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

10/05/2016

Work was done poorly (we still have 2 exterior lights without power months after the job is 'done'). Lots of shoddy workmanship we had to re-do ourselves, the timeline estimate was very inaccurate. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
Remodel of house, mostly interior. Including electrical and drywall.

Category electrician,remodeling

We are very sorry that you feel this [Member Information Removed] about the job that was completed at your home. We take pride in the work that we do and have many, many satisfied customers. It was very unfortunate that the fireplace was not of the quality we expect from our subcontractors. As a result of this work, we are no longer using this particular subcontractor. I also was out of town, whic...

05/18/2016

Excellent work by two great guys. Very clean result, and I couldn't be happier. Aaron and Caleb are very responsive and personable. I will definitely hire them again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Ripped out the water damaged floor in my bathroom, rebuilt the floor, and installed a new toilet.

Category home remodeling

03/14/2016

excellent all around. they are very careful, professional and have a LOT of personal pride in their work. I am also having Aaron and Caleb and their crew doing a complete redesign of my master bath, laundry and pantry. It is a huge project and they are on top of it all the way. Aaron was so helpful in deciding on a good work plan, and is very willing to work find ways to work to my budget. I can s...

Description of Work
remodeled doorways and replaced other doors on closets

Category remodeling,home remodeling,doors

12/30/2015

It first started off pretty good but it felt like the job wasn't big enough for him to care about. My wife mainly dealt with him and believed she could have done as well at calling various sub contractors to do each one of the jobs we required. If I was to do it over again I would not call him and just call each one of the trades myself.

Description of Work
He helped line up contractors for flooring install, electrical work, and cabinets.

Category custom cabinets,electrician,flooring contractor,remodeling

06/30/2015

Great communication and top-notch work!

Description of Work
Built dormers and did roof etc.

Category remodeling,roofing

05/30/2015

It went really well, we started designing in Feb 2014, with construction beginning in Aug. It wasn't an easy build (thru a wet winter). But we made it through, moving in in March. Aaron was extremely helpful, guiding my wife and I through-out. If we were to build again I would definitely use Aaron. Thanks

Description of Work
We built a house. I chose the middle program where he provided contractors and estimates and we selected the ones we wanted and paid all the bills. He also gave us contacts for an architect and suggestions for every step of the way guiding us thru the whole process.

Category remodeling,home builders

05/08/2015

This was a large project -- involving tearing out a floor and a ceiling down to joists, completely redoing the bathroom upstairs and the recreation room downstairs. Aaron largely served as contractor, though he personally did some of the work. He hired, painters, tiles, drywallers, electricians, and more. It is one year later and we are very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Remodeling after flood

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

09/04/2014

Aaron is an excellent contractor. We had interviewed several and found Aaron to be exactly what we were looking for. Someone who was very professional, concerned with what we wanted, offering suggestions, but not being pushy. He took me around to show me possibilities and allowed me to make the decisions on what I wanted. His crew was very amicable and easy to work with. This project took a little...

Description of Work
Aaron remodeled our master bathroom.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Custom Home Construction, Remodeling Services

Built by you has a wide range of building options available. From Consulting to full construction of your home or construction project.