Absolute Electric & Maintenance LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2008

Owner operated. Cost is determined by the job. Award winning.

Knob and tubing wiring. BeforeAfter

electrician (188)lighting (41)handyman (22)ceiling fan installation (12)drywall (8)general contractors (7)home remodeling (6)door installation (3)decks & porches (3)woodworking (2)window replacement (2)interior painting (1)

10/23/2021

C G.

Eric and his team were professional, polite, and precise. They installed ceiling fan/light fixtures in 3 bedrooms. This involved installing new wire and junction boxes. They were careful to clean thoroughly before they finished. Everything works just as it is supposed to. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan installation

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

10/21/2021

Pamela H.

Prompt, polite, excellent service and very reasonable. I very highly recommend this company. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replace outlets/porch light

Category contractors, electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 10/21/2021

08/03/2021

F. P.

Eric is a phenomenal electrician! He paid very close attention to our opinions, provided relevant suggestions and ideas, and was detailed in his work. Most of all he was responsive and careful in following through with all additional work we requested. We highly recommend the Eric and his company.

Description of Work
Installation of indoor, outdoor lights and ceiling fans

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

03/12/2021

Steve H.

I must send many, many kudos to Eric Hanson of Absolute Electrical and in particular his crewmember, Juan. After so much head scratching on my part, nearly losing the remaining hair I have btw, I reached out to hire Eric. He sent Juan who casually found the problem. What a champ! Juan corrected our electrical issue as expeditiously as possible. Prior to Juan's arrival, our electrical issue had shut down several different rooms power source, only to find one wire had loosen from a light fixture. Who'd a thunk? Not I, said the blind man. Thanks to Eric and especially Juan!

Description of Work
Electrical wiring scavenger hunt

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

01/15/2021

Mary Louise B.

Eric was great! He was friendly, professionally knowledgeable, and easily completed the job for a reasonable fee.

Description of Work
Replaced a switch

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

01/05/2021

Cassandra H.

Eric Hanson responded right away and talked me through testing the GFI breaker in the garage. He sent his apprentice to replace it the same day. Both were very competent, professional, and pleasant to work with. Will definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Electrical outlets weren't working in master bath and flipping the breaker didn't work.

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

11/27/2020

Robert A.

Prompt response. Seamless delivery. Courteous. Recommended exceptional ceiling fans at a less expensive price than I sourced. On time. Tarped everything to maintain cleanliness. Cleaned up and thoroughly vacuumed. Superior following of all CDC guidelines for safety. We will definitely use them every time we need an electrician.

Description of Work
Installation of light and ceiling fans in two bathrooms with venting to outside.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

11/18/2020

Jim W.

Eric and his team at Absolute Electric installed some can lights and a couple ceiling fans in a high ceiling. They were prompt, curious and fairly priced for the work they completed as scheduled. They were helpful with planning and suggestions about the project along the way to make sure we ended up with the design and results we wanted. I would work with Eric and his team again if needed. Jim W.

Description of Work
Electrical lighting and fan installation

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

10/23/2020

daniel D.

We had used Eric in the past so when we moved we called him for a big amount of work.He added several pod lights,two ceiling fans replaced fluorescent lights in garage with LED,replaced a couple outlets,etc He is polite,professional,knowledgeable and on time.I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Pod lights,ceiling fans bathroom vents outlets replaced LED lights replacing fluorescent lights

Category contractors, electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

Thank you so much for the great review! This was a great job to care for. The previous owner of the home did not build it with sufficient lighting in many of the areas. Thus the need to update it all. We opted for LED bulbs and fixtures throughout the project. They last longer than CFL or incandescent bulbs, and in my opinion, give off much better lighting. The customer now has the ability to not only turn on lighting specific to each area in the main rooms, but also benefits from having dimmers in most of the locations. Giving them the option to turn up the lights, and also to dim them for a peaceful glow when the are relaxing for the evening. It was also great to hear that you would like more work cared for! Repeat customers a joy to work with. I look forward to helping out and see what solutions we can provide for your upcoming work to be completed!! Sincerely, Eric Hanson

09/01/2020

Sarah G.

Eric did a superb job and his pricing was well under other quoted pricing for my job. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Electric outlet installation and repairs

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

05/29/2020

allison D.

Eric is always super kind and quick to respond. He was able to come out and fix our issue quickly and efficiently. We definitely continue to use him with our future projects!

Description of Work
Electrical outage in one of our bedrooms

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

02/21/2020

Rob R.

The work was performed in a timely and efficient manner. Price was fair and all work was thoroughly explained before being performed. Would highly recommend to anyone needing electrical work done. I would definitely hire again should the need arise. Staff is professional and friendly.

Description of Work
I needed my basement wired for additional electrical outlets.

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

02/09/2020

Chris S.

We thought an outlet blew behind our stove but Eric was quick to diagnose that a fuse on stove was what actually. He was able to fix it quickly after running to get a new fuse.

Description of Work
Fixed fuse on back of stove

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

01/24/2020

Meredith L.

It went excellent. He is an excellent electrician and problem solver. He is personable, very honest, punctual, and clean. I would highly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Installed a ceiling fixture

Work Completed On 11/24/2019

11/13/2019

Rhea H.

We were in a bind to get exposed wires on mobile home repaired. Eric is awesome! He went out of his way to help us repair it with all of his expert advise! I highly recommend and will tell everyone else about him!

Description of Work
We needed advice for mobile home electrical repair

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

09/23/2019

Jonathan R.

I sent an email request for assistance in the afternoon, and on the same day Eric got back to me to set up a time for me to call him. I called him first thing in the morning. On the phone Eric diagnosed the problem and told me how to fix it myself. He did not ask for payment for his over the phone services, asking us to keep him in mind for future jobs. This experience shows that he is honest, incredibly knowledgeable, and very responsive. Good honest help like this can be hard to find and I would not hesitate to hire him for future jobs.

Description of Work
An outlet circuit in our kitchen went out and resetting fuses on the main fuse box did not help.

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Thank you so much for the great review! I am really interested in expanding my customer/client base. I am a bit old school, and prefer to stay that way. If I can provide you with knowledge, and you know your house better and fix the problem, you win. Hopefully, like this customer, I also win your trust. That too is a high goal I work to reach. I know that if I show up at your home and take only 5-10 minutes to fix a problem, then charge you a minimum one hour service call fee, it is likely I will never be able to be of service to you in the future. The way this problem was handled is something I make a practice. I want to maintain the best customers I can. Both of us win! And, By the way, I would be very glad to be of service to you in the future. That you for taking the time to share your experience!

07/26/2019

Michael W.

Eric solved our kitchen vent problem with ingenuity, efficiency, and cost effectiveness. In our midcentury house, which had been remodeled by a previous owner, the microwave/exhaust vent above the stove was sending steam, grease, and hot air inside instead of outside. We thought the solution would be to install an expensive hood and vent. Eric saved the day by redirecting the vent and installing ductwork to the outside. Our kitchen is cleaner and cooler as a result. We are extremely satisfied with his work!

Description of Work
Stove exhaust venting

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Thank you very much for the “A” rating! It is a joy to figure out how to make things work, retrofit if you will, situations that a bit of a challenge. This one wasn’t terribly difficult, just needed to think “outside the wall”. Or rather, through the wall. Often times a stove hood ducted to the outside makes for a cleaner kitchen, and less humidity. The end result is a more pleasant environment to prepare food and enjoy it. So glad I was able to care for the needs of this client! I have worked for them on a few projects. Each time it is a pleasure. I look forward to doing so again, if needed.

05/24/2019

Sally L.

The work was needed with little notice. Mr. Hanson wedged us into his schedule. He and his apprentice came late in the day and completed the work. We were very happy with the result, and have already made another appointment for another small project in a few weeks.

Description of Work
Move light switch in a closet.

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

05/01/2019

Julie G.

Eric has come to my house twice to fix minor problems (one of them turned out to be extremely simple to fix). He came on short notice and showed up exactly when he said he would. He did the work swiftly and neatly. He is a very friendly and responsible person and a good electrician. I will continue to call him for everything electrical.

Description of Work
Replace fire alarm; identify problem with fuse box

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Thank you so much for the "A" review, and the kind words! Most repairs tend to be pretty easily cared for. Some are even SUPER easy. One thing to keep in mind is that Smoke Detectors have a lifespan of 10-15 yrs. After this they tend to not be as responsive to a fire, endangering the life of those living in the home. It is recommended to change them every 10 years to avoid having any problems. Absolute Electric & Maintenance, LLC can change them pretty easily. They cost about $15 each, and take about 20 minutes each to care for. Very little expense for peace of mind and a safe home in which to live. So glad to be able to help out this customer! They are really great to work with. Add to that, a couple of sweet kitties to say hello to makes for a perfect job to care for.

04/30/2019

Kristin S.

Eric (the owner) and his team (Juan, James, and Katy) have completed several projects for me now, and I couldn't be happier with their service. They do a beautiful job, always clean up, and their prices are fair. Eric will come out ahead of time and give you an estimate too. I trust them to do the work and lock up when they're done because they're that honest. I plan on hiring them again in the future to replace my outlets.

Description of Work
replace sub-panel, replace the riser on roof, new circuit breakers, install new septic alarm, install hard wired smoke detectors

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

So wonderful to know we have properly cared for another customer!! Thank you so much for the great review! This house has had a number of maintenance issues that needed some attention. We started with changing out an obsolete electrical panel that was facing some problems. We did not have to change the meter socket as it was in good working order. We added a few electrical circuits to care for a dryer and washer with designated grounding wires. We also added a few other circuits to care for a downstairs spare room, and future circuit needs. We also fed a new feed, and installed a new sub-panel to care for the septic system effluent pump. It worked out very well. Next we added a few hard wired/battery backup/interconnected smoke detectors in the home. We were able to use the existing structure to feed wires into the attic, and thus access the ceiling on the first floor. Avoiding damage to the house. The customer now has a much safer house for herself and her family (including her fur-kids!) This is a wonderful customer to work with on projects. She is clear on what she wants, and has a budget in mind to work with so we can make work for her. Perfect!!

03/14/2019

Geri S.

Both Eric and his helper Juan were so nice and polite. They did a great job and spent time figuring out just what our project needed. Neither of them wasted time and were very professional.

Description of Work
Various hookups for bathroom remodel and closet

Category electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

I am so glad Juan and I were able care for this project for you and your husband! I really appreciate your straight A rating, and your kind words. This was a pretty cool project. They were remodeling their master bathroom and needed a few electrical items moved around. They also added a utility closet on the adjoining wall. We were able to run new wires for updated receptacles in the closet and bathroom, and added a couple of new locations for vanity lights. The project worked out very well, and the customers were wonderful to work with! Thank you so much for having Absolute Electric & Maintenance, LLC be part of your home project!

02/09/2019

Victoria E.

My step-dad was a do-it-yourself guy. When we had to clean up and sell the house after he passed, the electrical work was, well, interesting, to say the least. Eric and his apprentice were very understanding and were great at figuring out what my step-dad had done and how we needed to fix everything to bring it up to code - and there were some doozies. The work included pretty much rewiring the entire basement and a few rooms upstairs, replacing the entire junction box, replacing outlets indoors and out, investigating some mysterious light switches, and essentially making the whole place safer. It was a TON of work. It took a few different all-day visits, but he was more than up to the task. He was professional but also fun to work with. He was more than happy to discuss his findings and even to explain how things were working and how to fix them. He also assisted with a water heater replacement when some additional writing was needed there unexpectedly. As I was coordinating the fixes from Indianapolis, he was easy to get a hold of either via text or email. He is fairly busy and with so much work needing done, the appointments were exactly quick, but that was understandable. All in all, I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Whole-House Electrical Repair

Category electrician, lighting