A-1 GARAGE DOORS INC

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2000

515 W OLD SOUTH ST

Bargersville, IN 46106

www.a1garagedoors.com

Darrell & Carol Munchel are the owners of A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. They and their family have been dedicated to bringing to the public the best in quality and service since 1988. Darrell has made his career in the garage door industry for over thirty years. He started out as an installer and has spent over twenty years as a business owner as well. He is the current president of the Indiana Garage Door & Operator Association (IGDOA), which keeps him on the cutting edge of advances in garage door services and technology. A-1 Garage Doors offers a winning combination of top quality products and dependable service. We are truly the company with the boss on the job! At A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. we have something of value to offer where garage doors and openers are concerned. The showroom was created in an effort to give buyers a true feel for what they are looking to purchase. With an assortment of residential doors and a working garage door and opener on display, customers can see, touch, and hear what they are buying. Don’t make an ill informed purchase from a glossy brochure. Stop by our showroom for a no-hassle, pressure-free demonstration....

garage doors (275)

05/10/2021

Vanessa N.

I called the company and explained the problem over the phone. She sent two people out out but never told me there would be a charge. When they arrived, the service tech told me that the cobwebs in front of the sensors mounted near the floor of the garage by the tracks was causing the problem and that I needed to clean the cobwebs blocking the sensors. They wanted to charge me $95 to service a garage door that just needed the cobwebs cleaned from its sensors to work properly- a charge they never told me about prior to sending someone out. I spoke to the owner of the company who was very unprofessional. He basically accused me of lying and said the charge was valid.

Description of Work
Needed to know why our garage door would not close all the way

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

When someone calls a service provider to come out and perform services there is a charge. The customer knew the charge ahead of time and kindly left out that she even requested the $15.00 off coupon which made the bill $80.00. She also kindly left out the part about having track fixed or straighten. We treat our customers with the upmost respect and had the customer only had cobweb issues we would have gladly done this for no charge.

11/23/2020

Vince D.

Should be a simple job for a Garage Door Professional. Found their number on a sticker on my garage door. Called for quote on Monday, their man showed up Tuesday. .....and a week later never heard back from them about a quote or anything. They are obviously not hurting for work and are too busy to do the work I need done ASAP (emphasized that to them as as well) so I hired another Pro who quoted today and will be doing the work tomorrow.

Description of Work
Replace Rubber Weather Seal from Door

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

08/21/2020

Barbara D.

Was very pleased with the work they did. Eddie and A. J. were professional and efficient. They showed up on time, were friendly and well-mannered, and didn’t leave any mess behind. In addition, they went above and beyond what was contracted, by making a much-needed repair to my entry door! I have used A-1 twice before, and because they treat their customers respectfully and do a great job, I will continue to call them for any future garage door needs.

Description of Work
New garage door opener, plus repairs to a second garage door.

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

06/27/2019

Steve D.

Arrived on time. Unloaded his truck and spread out his equipment like he knew what he was doing. In no time, he had removed the old door and loaded it on the truck while laying out the new door. Obviously, this guy was familiar with this project. I pretty much stayed inside to stay out of the way. I was surprised at how fast and efficient this job went. I could not be more pleased with my new door. I think the price of these doors are high in general.

Description of Work
Replace an old damaged garage door

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

06/26/2019

GEORGE W.

We've used A-1 Garage Doors Bargersville in the past. (see previous review) so it wasn't hard to consider them when one of the springs on our garage door broke. Even though our previous experience was great I still checked prices with a couple other options. I wasn't surprised that another company was a little cheaper than the price quoted by A-1. What I had to decide was whether or not a 9% ($24) lower price was worth potential hassle or disappoint. It was an easy decision to pick (again) A-1 Garage Doors and we weren't sorry at all. Steve, the service tech arrived about 20 minutes early, was friendly, and very professional. I'm as serious as I can be when I say it took him little more than 25 minutes from start to finish to replace both springs. When he told me we were all set I was shocked. I had blocked off an hour of my schedule and gave myself extra time to get to my next appointment in case things went long. Instead of rushing to the next thing I was able to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee instead of grab and go. It has been about two weeks and the garage door continues to work great. It pays to use companies with this level of professionalism and experience.

Description of Work
Replacement of broken spring(s)

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

12/01/2018

Jack S.

Called several different companies to obtain an estimate on replacing a brown colored garage door. They were willing to come out to the house in the evening due to on my work schedule. A-1 Garage doors were also the only company that quoted replacing the garage door to match the color of the old door. The owner himself came to the house and throughly explained what insulation factor should be considered based how we used the garage. Received a replacement quote the next day and I had a new door by the end of the following week.

Description of Work
Garage door replacement

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

08/13/2018

Bryan B.

Everything went very well. Installer and installation were top notch.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future with any garage door needs. Again, thank you for your business.

06/19/2018

Scott S.

Great experience. Honest and fair contractor. Darrell pointed out the door was in good shape when he could have encouraged us to get a new one. Replaced springs and greased door. It is now as quiet as ever when going up and down.

Description of Work
Spring repair and door maintenance

Work Completed On 04/25/2018

02/08/2018

Mary H.

They were excellent and were super nice to deal with. They installed the door and came back to finish it. They put my garage door opener in and even their prices were reasonable. I would definitely use them again and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed an 18 foot garage door on my home.

Work Completed On 11/06/2017

We were glad to be of service and look forward to working for you again if you need us. We appreciate your taking the time to give us a review. Thank you.

02/03/2018

Pat C.

Excellent! I really liked that when I made the appointment they were not only able to come that day, but they told me what kind of vehicle to expect and who to expect. When Darrell arrived he gave me a price before performing the service, so no surprises.

Description of Work
Emergency garage door repair.

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

Our professional installers are full-time employees, trained by us to maintain our high standards. We employ no subcontractors. We install garage doors in new construction and replace doors in existing structures. We removed and haul away existing door, track, and hardware. Reconnect existing opener and install proper bracing for the door. Install woodgrain vinyl weather seal. Replace extension and torsion springs. We repair all brands of garage doors and openers.