A Jayne Roof Systems

With Angi since September 2007

4.4

11813 Lucas Rd

Woodstock, IL 60098

A Jayne Roofing has been in business for over 34 years. We've done 1,000's of roofs, shingles and flats. All of our roofs are guaranteed. We use excellent materials and take pride in our work. Thank you from A. Jayne Roofing - you'll be satisfied by choosing us....

10/02/2013

Floyd P.

WE signed a contract with A. Jayne Roofing on August 05.2013 to roof a house in Woodstock . When I called about the start of roofing said they would start on 08/30/2013 . I said that Monday was Labor Day so then I was told they would start on Tuesday 09/03/2013 at 7am. I arrived on Tuesday no roofers. After 8am I called the office and was told there was problem with one of the roofers. Later I called and the said they had an emergency in Elgin, IL. and they would start on Wednesday 09/04/2013. They started on Wed. and finished on Friday 09/06/2013. When we checked Friday afternoon 09/06/2013 we found that a bush was damaged and also some concrete also was damaged on the driveway. I called the office left a message about the damage. A. Jayne called back on 09/10/2013 and said that we would meet at 11am. When we arrived at 11am he was already there and the damage bush was trimmed and only hole left on bush. He said he would come back later that day or the next morning.to repair the concrete. He never came back to repair the concrete.

Description of Work
Re-roof house

04/30/2013

Chip M.

They kept me informed on the status of ordering materials, beginning date of work, etc. Cold weather slowed the progress of the shingling because they did not want to take any chances on new shingles being damaged by cold and cracking. After job was complete they followed up to be sure I was satisfied before sending me the final bill for payment.

Description of Work
Stripping of old shingles and gutters, complete replacement using excellent quality shingles and seamless gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

03/25/2013

Mary S.

Did not use this contractor.

Description of Work
I did not use their service. There was no response from them until after I had already hired a different contractor. I am not sure about the date of service. That info is not with me at the present time.

03/06/2013

Irene L.

They were very quick to show up, showed up as promised and had a very good estimate; I will use them in the spring. I got the quote the next day after they came to review the job.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from A Jayne Roof Systems for roofing.

10/20/2012

Harry G.

It appeared to go well, and looked good from the outside at first. 5 years later an area of shingles popped up. An insurance adjuster inspected the roof from the outside and said whoever did the work did a very bad job. He mentioned extensive problems apart from what could be seen from ground level. I called Tony and he sent one of his employees to inspect the roof both inside and out. While in the attic the employee pointed out bad workmanship all round: gaps between plywood sheets, nails that had missed the rafters, as well as warped plywood. He was very critical before he realized that his company had actually done the roofing work 5 years earlier when he was not employed there. The contract included a 10 year labor guarantee, so I expected some major repair work to be done at no cost to me. I sent a fax to Tony with a copy of our original agreement. Although he faxed me back acknowledging responsibility and stating that he would fix the roof, he has not done so. I have called numerous times over several weeks asking that Tony call me back but he has not done so. A certified letter from me to Tony has not been picked up according to USPS tracking.

Description of Work
This company put a new roof on my home: plywood sheets, shingles, etc.

03/09/2012

Julie M.

I called them at 6:45 Thursday night. I left a message on the answering maching, with a brief description of the problem, and my contact details. I got a return call at 7:30am Friday morning. He asked a few questions, then said he could come in an hour. (we aren't that far from them.) They arrived 15 minutes late, but went right to work. They inspected the roof, inside and out. They found the problem. They described it clearly, as well as their recommended fix. The fix would be $150, which I thought was reasonable. I asked them to look over the roof and give me an idea of it's condition and life. They looked it over and told me it had 5ish years left. I was quite pleased. They knew what they were doing. They efficient. They were well priced. By 10am, the roof was fixed. YEA!

Description of Work
We had a leak in the roof. The inspected it carefully, then repaired it.

11/01/2011

David T.

I got bids from 5 companies to replace this roof. Tony Jayne's was the first bid I received - and it was the lowest....by a pretty fair amount. I was worried whether or not this would be a bargain so I looked at the Angie's list comments again and felt reassured. Then I checked the better business bureau to see if there were any problems...none. He's been doing business in this area for 35 years...so he's no rookie. Finally I signed the acceptance of the proposal and we were off to the races. His guys came in and worked their tails off to get the roof stripped and re-shingled. The pace was broken with a day or two of rain...which was anticipated. They got the shingles finished in one section before moving to the next and didn't need to tarp it at all. We had an advance price per sheet if any of the decking needed to be replaced, but no sheets were bad. One of the competitors quoted a price that included replacement of all the decking!!!! When the shingles were stripped I looked at the decking and the sheets looked great. His guys were efficient and did a professional job. They worked on Saturday and cleaned up all the mess consistantly. We needed to have the gutters replaced and the additional work was done in the same great way as the rest of the job. Tony isn't one for a lot of chit chat...he says he'll get started - his team goes to work and bang...you have a new roof. It looks great and he warrants his labor for 10 years. I would recommend A Jayne Roofing to anybody. Update - there was a minor leak near the chimney flashing. I called and Anthony sent Jose out on a Sunday. He spotted a nail hole and repaired the flashing. Since then...we've had some pretty hard rain and wind...not a drop of trouble. Nice work!

Description of Work
Stripped two layers of shingles off the decking. Replaced water/ice guards at gutter edges and valleys. Replaced 6 roof vents and 5 boot flashings. installed 30 year Owens Corning architectural shingles. Replaced fascia above front door and above rear deck. Placed new gutters above front courtyard and rear deck.

Category gutter repair, roofing

07/18/2011

Richard W.

I got four bids with Jayne price thousands lower. Did a great job. Very happy.

Description of Work
Removed existing shingles to wood decking, installed ice and water shield & 85 sq's premium shingles.

04/28/2011

Dustchin R.

I was pleased with the service provided and would use him again for roofing repairs.

Description of Work
We had two leaks in our roof. One around our chimney and another along a vent. A. Janye Roofing provided a quick turn time on the quotation and, when the weather permitted, quickly fixed the leak.

01/13/2011

Dennis G.

We've had a couple of heavy rains and snow melts, and the seal has held. A small repair, but they handled it promptly and inexpensively. Only issue was it took 3 calls and an email to reach a person for a callback.

Description of Work
We had a leak around one of the waste stacks from a repair done by another company when we had raccoon damage. Ajayne was able to seal the leak without needing to replace the stack.

We apologize for any difficulty you may have had in contacting us. At the time of your inquiry we were extremely busy as we had a number of storms and could not handle our call frequency. We appreciate your business and wish to assure you that any attempts you make to contact us in the future will be replied to as promptly as possible. Again, we offer our sincere apology, we deeply regret any difficulty or grievances you may have had with our company and will do our best to correct them in the future. Thank you for your input.

12/22/2010

Kim B.

The experience was great. Tony was very responsive got his guys in and took care of the problem I would definitely recommend this company

Description of Work
Excellent company to work with. Company tore off old roofing and repaired damages to roof from Tree damage. Also worked with me on damages to gutter and siding.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

12/13/2010

gail K.

A Jayne Roof was priced right and did everything he said he was going to do. Very pleased. Would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters on an old house.

Category gutter repair

08/17/2010

CAROL J.

They were good. They showed up when they said they would. They cleaned up well and we were happy with them.

Description of Work
They replaced half of the roof on the house. The shingles and the vents.

09/27/2007

Don H.

Tony is very responsive and returns calls. Estimate was in line with and a bit lower than the only other I got. Crew showed up as scheduled. Very pleasant guys. They supplied a dumpster and hauled away the debris. Minor issues: They were a little careless around landscaping, though no serious damage. The design of the bathroom vents made for a difficult installation. It required some extra effort to help ensure it was correct. This did not occur to them until I asked them to do it, which they then happily did. Since the job ended, I have been finding the occasional roofing nail in my lawn, probably from the tear-off. I would think it would have been a good idea for them to go around the yard with a magnet at the end of the job to check for this. (Are roofing nails magnetic?) Some useful cost information: The mid-range architectural shingles added $600 over the standard 3-tab ones. The tear-off added $900 over no tear-off.

Description of Work
Complete tear-off and re-roof (architectural shingles); installation of power roof vent, re-routing through roof of three bathroom vents that had not been originally vented properly (by the home builder).

Midwest Gutter Guard, LLC

Midwest Gutter Guard, LLC is Family owned and operated. We are your gutter specialists. Inquire about our top of the line Gutter Guards that come with a 20 year no clog money back guarantee. We thoroughly clean out all gutters and downspouts, leak proof, seal and check for pitch adjustments if necessary. We install the best quality gutter guards at discounted prices. Call us first, you will be glad you did.

Imperial Inc

Imperial Inc. is a full service locally owned and operated family roofing company, serving the greater Chicago area. Started in 2018 as its own business the owner and crew have over 10 years of experience in the roofing industry. We offer any type of roofing maintenance, repair, and roof installs. We pride ourselves in customer service and we look forward to your call. Imperial Inc also happily works alongside your insurance company for any homeowners and commercial insurance claims.

CJM Roofing

CJM Roofing provides professional roofing services at competitive prices. We streamline the process for you from estimation through issuing final warranty. Chris MacInnes has brought a vast knowledge of the construction industry to the operations of CJM Roofing. Our goal is to provide the community with an honest local roofing contractor, while installing best products with an efficient operation.

Roofing repairs, new, tear off's gutters, siding, flat roofs, hot tar roofs, all types of shingles, roof inspections, roof maintenace programs.