Chalet Landscape Nursery & Garden Center

Founded 1917 • With Angi since November 2002

3132 Lake Ave

Wilmette, IL 60091

Chalet has been serving the Chicagoland area for over 100 years. OUr personalized approach to design creates a landscape you'll enjoy for years to come. Our expert landscape architects and designers walk you through each phase of the process documenting your ideas, needs and budget, culminating into a custom concept for your review and approval. Implementing your design with our highly-trained crews allow for a complete and supervised control of your project from start to finish. We also offer a year-long comprehensive property management for all different sizes of properties. From small urban yards to large estates, we customize our approach to fulfill your needs....

08/06/2021

Anna K.

Working with Chalet has been an absolute nightmare. The new hydrangeas they planted were full of spots and the garden looks terrible. The "client relations manager" and "certified arborist" told me that this was "normal" , even though all of the research I did stated that the spots are caused by a fungus and require chemical treatment!. And when I asked them to replace them with healthier plants regardless, there was a lot of push back!

Description of Work
Replace existing hydrangeas.

Category landscaping, greenhouses

10/04/2017

Kendra C.

Nate created a great plan for our yard, and worked with us to make sure we were happy with everything we were planting. The focus was perennials and some small bushes and trees. Everything came out beautifully. The entire crew was extremely professional. We have a few plants struggling and Chalet will be replacing those at no additional cost. You definitely pay top dollar for Chalet, but you get what you pay for and they are worth it for a project like this.

Description of Work
Created new landscape design for our front yard, furnished and installed all plants.

07/18/2017

Norman S.

They’ve been around our house 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks. The flowers, they look great. I think we use them for tree trimming too. I have never had anything except top-notch, an “A” for all of their work. Wouldn’t keep using them if we had any negative, I would have never said I would give them an “A”. My wife is the one that calls, she talks to one of the women there about what she wants for our back yard. They respond to what my wife asks for, they give her, we buy it from them. All I can tell you is that my wife is very satisfied with them. I would give them an “A”, because she always calls them back, talks to the woman there and whatever floral arrangement she wants them to do, they do it.

03/08/2016

George N.

Setup consultation with the landscaping design team, what a joke! Called 3 times to follow up and Response was either the designer is not in office or someone will contact u ASAP. No one did, extremely frustrating.

Description of Work
Landscape design consultation.

03/04/2016

E S.

First, in the back of the yard, where we had two very large trees removed the previous year (they had died due to a harsh winter),the Chalet team removed all roots, dug deeply into the ground and prepared the soil with rich materials to promote plant growth. Jason, our wonderful landscaper, had recommended a perennial shade landscape (quite large), with a variety of plants (bleeding harts, hydrangeas, hostas, Solomon's plant), that bloomed at different times and complemented each other's colors and sizes. We went with all his recommendations. It was beautiful from the start. As the summer set in, the plants continued to fill in, look awesome, and we enjoyed the garden hugely until frost set in (and even during the winter, since it provided an ever-changing landscape--the focal point when viewed from our kitchen). For the second project, Jason recommended a viburnum privacy wall between us and our neighbors, and had 7 large viburnums planted. They've done very well, and they brought hummingbirds and colorful, large butterflies to our garden. We are thrilled with how great they look and how much they've enhanced our outside enjoyment. Last, but certainly not least, they removed about 22 rose bushes that were planted all along the perimeter of the house (also in the back yard), because the site had become shady over the years and the roses were no longer blooming optimally. They replanted most of the roses in sunny areas in the garden, and Jason created a superb shade garden with a variety of flowering plants, mainly hydrangeas, Solomon's plants, and a few others. Both my husband and I were thrilled every single day to discover new flowers and leaves on the plants, lush growth, and an overall vibrant landscape. It enriched our lives daily. I cannot say enough about Jason's expertise, his team's competence and care when planting and finishing each area meticulously, and the overall positive experience we've had. We have invited Jason to meet with us again this spring to enhance our front garden. The expense was totally worth and we look forward to another great planting experience.

Description of Work
Chalet did three landscaping projects for us in the spring of 2015 and they all turned out absolutely fantastic. We have scheduled a March 2016 meeting with our Chalet landscaper to discuss enhancing another area around our home.

Category pest control, landscaping, mulch, tree service, home remodeling

06/16/2015

Richard M.

Chalet has an excellent selection of trees and shrubs, especially conifers, rivaled only by Gethsemane in Chicago. I've bought a number of plants there over the past few years. Unfortunately the prices are high and the service is sometimes poor. I find it a little frustrating to deal with. I don't live near Chalet, and on a couple of occasions I've called to ask about plant availability. The information I've received over the phone is not always very good. On a recent trip I found plants that I had asked the day before but which I was told the nursery didn't have. I contacted Chalet about landscaping advice, which it offers as a service to customers, but no one ever got back to me. I've also written to Chalet a couple times to comment on its services but have never gotten a response. On the other hand, the staff in the nursery, once you get there, is pretty knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Sold trees and shrubs.

Category landscaping, tree service

We appreciate Mr. [Member's name removed] patronage and the fact that he took the time to voice his concerns. While we do our best to inform customers over the phone of our immediate product availability its difficult to predict sales of any product. We receive shipments daily and it is possible that we didn't have the product he was looking for on that particular day, but did receive it into inventory for the day he arrived at the store. We also checked our files and phone records and did not find any recent contact request for landscaping services, but we are happy to help if he does choose to reach out to us. We strive to achieve total customer satisfaction with every transaction and communication, however we realize that at times we may fall short. For that we sincerely apologize and would love the opportunity to continue serving Mr. [Member's name removed].

02/20/2015

Jon F.

He gave some good advice. Their price was a little bit to high for the landscaping project but did have them plant some grass.

Description of Work
Planted grass and provided landscaping ideas and solutions.

01/07/2015

Paul C.

all went well. arrived on time as scheduled; scheduled to meet our special needs; kept us informed of all plans and any necessary changes, and consulted with us as the plan was executed, even working in a couple of plants we already had elsewhere in the yard. Completed the work in a very timely and professional manner. All, especially the planner(landscape architect?) were very courteous and responsive. Readily took our suggestions for minor changes in the plan as it was executed. There are certainly cheaper services around. But Chalet has been around a long time, is a known quantity in terms of services and product and so, we believe is worth the extra money.

Description of Work
I hired the company for landscaping. They did a nice job and I would use the company again. removed quite a bit of old, overgrown shrubbery in front of the house and various plantings (mostly hosta) on side of back yard; leveled ground; added topsoil and later compost;. Did the planning and provided a sketch for approval and then provided the plankings for the following: installed hedge of 8 mature plants in back; in front used variety of plantings in various sizes, textures and blooming times and several square yards of sod to create very attractive front presentation; also did minor tree trimming to get sufficient light for new plantings.

12/10/2014

KATHLEEN T.

This was an odd experience. Chalet's retail business is wonderful, but some of the service areas less so. We took a workshop on fall lawn care at Chalet. The speaker invited us to call the Chalet's lawn care service for an estimate on core aerating the lawn. My husband called immediately and then at least half a dozen times over the next two weeks, leaving voice messages for the same person. it was actually getting surreal but reminded me of when we first moved into our house and I tried to get a call back from the landscaping arm of the business. Same message, message, message and no call back. I never did reach them and was amused when in the past few years Chalet opened a landscaping office at their retail center, presumably to get closer to the customer. We've been loyal customers for 20 years, so the non-response was particularly aggravating.

Description of Work
We called multiple times for an estimate to core aerate the lawn. Despite leaving numerous messages, we never received a call back

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

12/09/2014

kelly C.

I love Chalet! They're expensive, but worth it. They do what they say they will, when they say they will. Their crews shows up on time, do a nice job, and clean up after themselves. Have been very impressed not only with the sales/design consultant but with the landscapers as well. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Bluestone paver sidewalk, patio, seat wall; landscaped beds; added trees, shrubs, ground cover

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

11/20/2014

Elizabeth S.

They were timely, professional, and did an excellent job! I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I hired them to do landscaping and fertilizing for me.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

10/31/2014

Natalia S.

We just received quote for our landscaping renewal from them. But compare to others we asked they were the most professional. Send us all details. Very polite and punctual. We are thinking to use them next spring. Love their nursery!

Description of Work
Landscaping renewal

10/10/2014

Elvina B.

They have a lot of choices. Pricing is a little expensive.

Description of Work
Purchased flowers.

Category hardscaping

09/03/2014

joel C.

My lawn had weeds and other issues until I used them 3 years ago now it is very nice. Let me say that they are a fairly expensive however, you get what you pay for. They back up whatever they do and have helped me with landscaping problems that others failed to do properly. Bottom line, if you want something done right, hire them. If you want to save money on a job look elsewhere

Description of Work
They fertilized my lawn and spot weed control. They do this 5 times a year. Called before they came to make sure it was ok and they always do it. They have done some mulching for me in the past and some planting and transplanting. They also have dicusssed my property and needs at time at no charge.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

08/11/2014

Shrara I.

I contacted Chalet to get a quote for a retaining wall alongside our driveway. It took them a week to initially to even call us back and schedule the first appt for a week out. In between the initial visit and until we got a revised estimate, it took 5 weeks. It was completely unacceptable to wait that long for something as simple as a revised quote. We were pretty disappointed because we actually got several other quotes in between and had the work done to our satisfaction by the time we heard back from Chalet. I can't comment about thier work, but the responsiveness was poor.

Description of Work
We didn't get any work done by Chalet because they simply took an extrememly long time to get back to us.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Chalet does not have any record of this customer and Angie's List is looking into this review for us. Thank you.

07/29/2014

Linda K.

They are excellent. They are very professional, the follow up is excellent, and they have a good designer.

Description of Work
Did some yard work.

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

05/12/2014

Kate S.

I was really impressed. I've not used them before due to price but it is now clear to me that the reason they cost more is they do the job properly. For example I've had new turf laid several times before, this is the first time a provider has laid new soil, rolled it, laid more, rolled it again, laid the turf and rolled it again. I have confidence that all the work they have done is to those same high standards.

Description of Work
Landscape design plans for backyard and executed the work

Category landscaping, mulch

05/01/2014

Anne G.

It was quite a bid. I like their design service, their skills, their professionalism.

Description of Work
Chalet Landscape Nursery & Garden Center gave me an estimate for landscaping services.

03/25/2014

Nancy M.

Chalet's landscape division designed a plan for our back yard; acquired the necessary permits for fencing and even spoke to the affected neighbors. They removed old trees and plantings, and installed new trees, shrubs and perennials. Workers were prompt, they completed the job within a reasonable timeframe, the quality of the items they planted was excellent (and they replaced a few perennials that did not do as well as expected). total cost for the project was about $20,000. Designers spent a lot of time discussing what we wanted, they were very adaptable; the quality of the materials they used was very good; and we were very happy with the outcome. We recently contracted with them to do our weekly maintenance.

Description of Work
Chalet Nursery in Wilmette is the retail shop and nursery. Their gift items are quite varied and wonderful; i can always find something there I need - or to give as a gift. Their nursery plants are beautifully displayed and the quality is excellent. They are a little higher priced than at most area nurseries. Their Landscape division is located in North Chicago; we recently contracted with them to do our lawn maintenance in 2014; and in 2013 they did extensive work in our back yard, including design, fence installation, removing old trees, planting new trees, shrubs and perennials.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, tree service

03/11/2014

Geralynn R.

I have been using them for the last 15 years. Whatever you need to do in the yard they do it all, you name it and they do everything. They are without a doubt the best quality service, reliable and the best landscapers, however they are the most expensive landscapers in the free world. I asked them why are they more expensive than everybody else all of our neighbors use and they said part of that is because all of their employees are legit.

Description of Work
Chalet Landscape Nursery & Garden Center are my landscapers and they really do everything, pretty much all those mowing, planting, fertilizing, mulching, weeding, tree treating, trimming, treating bugs on the roses, etc.

03/03/2014

Sean Z.

They were pretty good in terms of what they did. The only thing I didn't like was that they were pretty expensive. Otherwise their service was pretty good. The price was pretty high. I have another service provider that I'm going to try this year. They are 30% cheaper and they promise the same results.

Description of Work
We used Chalet Landscape Nursery & Garden Center for lawn care for fertilizer and weed control several times. It was 5 applications including grub control one time.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

02/22/2014

Eileen J.

Totally transformed front and back yards. I worked with Adam S and the entire Chalet Team to develop new design, remove old landscaping, build new patio, install French Drains and install new landscaping. Chalet's design team is wonderful and will work within your budget and any other special needs such as pet friendly plants. The work was done over a 2 year period because the I kept expanding the scope of the project. The project was on time and within budget and I was always notified when the crew encountered problems or if there was any delays. Every member of the Chalet team that I have worked with is extremely professional.

Description of Work
Removed old landscaping and designed and installed new landscaping. Installed French drains and redirected downspouts into flower beds.

Category concrete repair, decks, landscaping, tree service

01/24/2014

SUSAN J.

We love the end result but had problems with the billing. We paid the deposit at the Chalet cashier's station. The cashier rang our payment up on the wrong account. When the payment was moved to our account, it was not credited and we received a final bill that included the deposit amount that we had paid. The bill also included plants we did not order or receive. We also had problems with the length of time it took to complete the project. One of the bushes was back ordered. We had to call several times to have planting completed. On the positive side, the actual landscaping is beautiful and we are very pleased with the end result. Despite the billing issues, we would use Chalet again.

Description of Work
Landscaped rear portion of lot with variety of blooming bushes.

01/23/2014

Gary H.

The plants came with a 50% guarantee. We took advantage of their design exterpertise as well as them for the installation.

Description of Work
They took care of a 12'x 4' area and they recommended plants for this area.

01/08/2014

Jennifer R.

The experience was fine; it was good.

Description of Work
I purchased landscape products from Chalet Landscape Nursery & Garden Center.

Salinas Landscaping & Construction

For an immediate response to all of your hardscaping and landscaping needs... Call Roberto @ (847) 544-1747

Offers by Salinas Landscaping & Construction on Angi
    ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Landmark Pest Mgt

All of our employees are state certified wildlife specialists. We are experts in not only solving all wildlife and pest problems but also preventing future problems from occurring in or on your home or business. We are longtime members of the National Wildlife Control Operators Association and the National Pest Management Association.

Offers by ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Landmark Pest Mgt on Angi
    Conquest Pest Solutions

Since 1993, Mark Winston, Owner of Conquest Pest Solutions, has been providing pest control and has a vast knowledge of providing clean, safe and effective pest control. Service is provided quickly and conveniently. We specialize in the control of ants, bees, wasps, centipedes, mice, rats, roaches and bed bugs. Mark Winston has been a well known name in the industry for many years and because he is committed to exceeding every client’s expectations, Conquest’s clientele are mostly referrals from previous satisfied customers. Conquest Pest Solutions is Owner operated and stands behind all services provided. Our number one priority is customer satisfaction. Formerly known as: Code Chemical Inc & Code Pest Control.

Offers by Conquest Pest Solutions on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Landscape Design, Landscape Construction, Comprehensive Landscape Maintenance Plans, Decks, Patios, Outdoor Kitchens, Water Features, Landscape Lighting, Site Grading, Irrigation Systems. Lawn Care, Nursery, Garden Supplies, Plants, Home Decor Items, Pet Supplies & Greenhouse.