Adams Electric Co

Founded 1921 • With Angi since November 2002

Electrical Contracting, free estimates available for your new lighting, remodel, service upgrade projects and needs....

Poul's Landscaping

Poul's Landscaping & Nursery, Inc. is an award-winning landscape design, installation and maintenance contractor serving the northwest suburbs of Chicago for over 50 years. Poul’s is a family owned and operated business providing a complete array of residential landscape services. Poul’s is comprised of three departments: Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Design and Installation and a Wholesale Nursery which installs our locally grown trees. We provide free consultations, estimates and discounts for Angie's List members. Please note that each department has a different service area; please contact us for details. Our Full-Service Maintenance Department services include all weekly lawn maintenance and horticultural services. Some areas of expertise include dormant and summer pruning, mulching, and lawn, tree and shrub care. We also design and install rotating seasonal color displays in containers and planting beds. Property clean-ups and exterior holiday lighting finish out our season. The Design and Construction Division will work with you to create a personalized design to fit your lifestyle and budget. Please note, we have a $3,000 minimum job cost. We take care of the entire project, from permitting through final walk-through. Poul’s guarantees the quality of our stock and workmanship and will continue to be a resource for you long after the installation is complete. Our team of highly skilled and experienced craftsmen install hardscape components that are built to last. Examples of hardscape construction include paver driveways, patios, fire pits, retaining walls, stone masonry, pergolas, decorative boulders and outdoor kitchens. We deliver and install our nursery stock to residential clients. We are available to meet with you (by appointment) in order for you to personally select your own trees and evergreens. Poul's has the following accreditations: Certified Landscape Technician, Certified Arborist, Certified Horticulturist, Licensed Commercial Applicator.

A&M Fence Corporation

Devoted to ensuring residents throughout the Chicago land area the finest fence installation and maintenance. With more than 20 years, we’ve gained unique experience handling thousands of jobs with expert precision. As a family owned and operated business, we've been serving the Chicago land area for the past 9 years. Offering the best quality at the best price and treating our customers the way they want to be treated.

ASP ELECTRICAL CO INC

The owner is licensed electrician who personally performs all free estimates. Troubleshooting and installation and oversees all the work being done in your home/bussines- You have a problem you can not deal with, we will help you.Great competition in the U.S. market. mean the entire company, the team that constantly improve and develop our skills for our clients. With us the customer is the most important person in the business because we strive that each client was fully satisfied with the project

10/23/2017

It went very well. he is always professional. His costs are competitive and he is very dependable. Dorian is my go to person for anything electrical. I will continue to use Adams Electric Co and recommend their service.

Description of Work
They put in a new wall switch and corrected a problem with a ceiling fan light.

12/22/2015

Altho this was a request for a small job, a faulty light switch made it very inconvenient to have no ceiling lights in our family room, esp during the holidays. Because the switch worked intermittantly, we were concerned that it might be something more than just the swcith. (We have an old house!) We live within walking distance of Adams, so called them hoping to get a quick appt. They were booked...

Description of Work
Replaced a light switch in our family room.

03/19/2015

It went really well. Our project took on some urgency when we had a short that took power out of one of our rooms. Pat was very responsive and got an electrician out to us the next business day. The work was efficient and professional, and we'll definitely use them again. Their hourly rate was better than similar looking companies as well.

Description of Work
Fixed a short, replaced a damaged outdoor GFCI outlet, fixed two light fixtures in the basement, installed two new light fixtures, and one new dimmer switch.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to meeting all your electrical needs.

10/08/2014

Although this was a small repair job, Joe was punctual, courteous, answered all questions. After the lamp was repaired they were kind enough to deliver it back to me. They have completed larger electrical installations for me 2 years ago and I would not use another electrical contractor.

Description of Work
Repaired bells and a lamp.

Category electrician,lighting

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your repeat business and loyalty to our company.

10/02/2014

They're punctual. The prices are good. They just did an overall good job. We go back as far as 1993. I would not consider using any other electrician. Other electricians, while they're licensed, they don't have the same quality of work and they just don't do as a good enough job. I've used several people before them for years and they weren't as consistently as good and I just think it's important...

Description of Work
For electrical, I use Adams Electric. They installed a motion sensor on the garage and repaired sockets.

Category electrician

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your many years doing business with us.

09/20/2013

Worked on two occasions this year and very punctual, courteous, careful and cleaned up everything. They did a lot of work in a reasonable length of time. The nicest people and very experienced. Have used them in the past to hang a ceiling fan and other wiring work and would not use another electrician in our area.

Description of Work
Hung many new fixtures, changed switches to dimmers, checked electrical service box.

03/23/2013

Adams came out on the same day between jobs and took care of everything within an hour. They are very professional, knowledgeable and responsive. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
We unexpectedly found a covered junction box during our kitchen remodel.

01/29/2013

I wanted to purchase the coupon for 2 hours of service, but since the address was listed as Chicago I thought I should find out if he traveled out to Batavia. I left several messages inquiring about service area but received no response. I guess I got my answer. Would not use or recommend anyone who does not respond to repeated inquiries.

Description of Work
I wanted replacement of existing under cabinet lighting in the kitchen.

Category electrician

This is NOT our customer. We do not list coupons. Once again, Angie's list has allowed a consumer to get wrong information about a business. I have taken four calls since listing on Angie's list demanding coupons and service that has nothing to do with our business.mnor Anyang our business has offered.. Shame on you, Angie's List!

01/29/2013

Positive experience, The scheduler and the electricians themselves were timely, dependable, and knowledgeable about older houses and specific challenges relative to the electrical connections. I would definitely recommend them to others in need of electrical work.

Description of Work
Complete electrical upgrade to 200 amp service

05/24/2012

I think this company did well. They made a little mistake and were quick to fix it.

Description of Work
I used Adams Electric Co to change 10 wall outets, 2 CFIC outlets and 2 wall switches.

Category electrician

Everything electrical, including residential & commercial repairs & maintenance, service upgrades, Nutone vacuum repair service, lamp repair, ice-melt gutter cabling systems, smoke & co detection, lighting design and installation, attic and ceiling fans.

Fencing