Jerry's Dust Free Flooring

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2010

675 Equestrian Dr

Wheeling, IL 60090

Jerry's Dust free flooring has spend last 10 years installing and refinishing hardwood floors. We have a team of highly trained personnel who work very hard to ensure that the floors are installed within minimal time. We have had years of experience which is one of the reasons which makes us the best in the industry. We understand that no one wants to spend a lot of money to have new floors installed in the house. This is why all our services come at very affordable rates so that you do not burn a hole in the wallet. We also have a team of creative directors who work closely with homeowners to helps them choose the design of the floor to get for their houses. We focus on quality workmanship and customer service, using high quality products preventing you from requiring repairs. We are family owned and operated and are fully insured....

01/21/2021

Sarah K.

Yes, truly is dust free but the experience of working with them is even better than how clean they are. Everything working with Jerry went exactly as one should be able to expect from this class of professional service provider. However, he was the only one out of several top Angie's List rated companies that not only showed up on time to provide a quote but explained how he would handle the job from start to finish. The other guys really didn't want to tear out and haul away the carpet or even provide a selection of trim and flooring from which to choose. They gave a list of several stores to order the materials from with the amount of materials required. They also were going to cap the stairs instead of removing the treads if they found they weren't already oak underneath. However Jerry's quote was almost the same price but he would handle everything. Ultimately it turned out to be cheaper as once the carpet was removed it was discovered the stairs were oak and in good enough condition to easily refinish. Everything went swimmingly and our floors are absolutely stunning. High points: - I didn't have to lift a finger. (one would think that's normal since I'm the customer and not the flooring company, but apparently the other companies felt that wasn't the case.) - Arrived on time to provide quote. Quote itemized with exact cost. Explained that only if the subfloor turned out to be problematic could the cost change and we would be made aware. - Provided complete catalog to select everything from. Helped with selection by showing examples of designs and sizes in similar layouts. - Arrived on the start date when he said they would and finished the day he said they would too. - Clean, clean, clean. Exceptionally clean - Floors are absolutely gorgeous and meticulously installed. - Custom banister and newell work looks beautiful and rock solid. - Honest, called to let me know I saved money when he pulled the carpet up on the stairs to discover they were in good shape. The quote had included replacement. - Hauled all the carpet and trash away. Would absolutely use again and plan to for the remaining rooms.

Description of Work
Carpet removed in 7 rooms and hallway, replaced with hardwood floor.

Category contractors, flooring contractor

Thank You It was pleasure to work for you Very nice people

10/01/2019

Ron L.

After checking the reviews of several flooring contractors, I decided that Jerry's would provide the best outcome for my flooring remodel project. I was absolutely right. He came out to measure my floors and gave me a quote that was right in the same range as the other quotes I received. However, the others didn't claim to be dust-free. I was also getting my walls and ceilings repainted in the same rooms, and Jerry was able to schedule his crew the very next day after the painters were done in order to keep the project moving along. He came in, took out the old carpet, leveled the floors from all the old staples, and then installed the oak flooring. He and his partner sanded the entire floor, filled in the cracks, and in the end was a smooth and level as it could be. And absolutely no dust! Jerry uses a cyclone-style dust separator on his sanding equipment that captures everything that the machine puts out. Backed with a smaller sander for the edges of the room that uses a HEPA filter, you simply don't generate any dust at all. Because I had hardwood in adjacent rooms, we needed to match the stain to the existing floors. At first we didn't seem to be on the same page, but after trying a mixture of 50% one stain and 50% another, we came up with a perfect match! In fact, people remark how close the two woods appear now that the new floor is installed. (And the old wood is 20 years old!) Jerry completed the work by applying three coats of sealer, and replacing all the heavy furniture that had to be out of the room. Great job!

Description of Work
Removed carpet in living room and dining room and install 2-1/4 red oak hardwood flooring.

09/03/2019

Michael R.

After getting several quotes for refinishing our hard floors we chose Jerry’s Dust Free for several reasons. The quote was right (not the lowest but well below the highest) and the prospect of “dust free” was appealing. In addition, since we have a small house the description of how and where they would put our furniture including a piano during the project sounded good, and finally Jerry suggested replacing a couple of floor vents with covers that would be flush with the floor—all part of the attractive quote. Despite the dozens of positive reviews we still expected some dust – but there was NONE at all – amazing! Jerry fixed dozens of old nail holes that had always been visible; replaced a couple of pieces of wood that were damaged for years; and put in the flush-to-the-floor vents. This all created a look that was far superior than what we had for the previous 28 years. Jerry’s Dust Free was timely – came when they said they would – finished on time and the floors look great. They took great care with our furniture and in every aspect of the job. Not only would we use Jerry’s Dust Free again, we will be recommending them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Refinishing Hardwood Fllor

08/17/2019

Ed S.

Incredible job! Jerry and his team turned my entire first floor of old, light colored maple into something out of a magazine! They meticulously worked to strip, sand, level, and fill the entire floor to perfection. Preparation is the entire key to the job. Then, they darkened the wood to our perfect color and put on several coats of top quality sealer. The floors look absolutely amazing! One of the most notable things is that there is literally zero dust. Jerry uses top of the light HEPA filter sanding equipment. It captures literally all of the dust. Even with this equipment, I expected to find some dust, but there was none. Not on the windowsills, none anywhere. Finally, here’s what really matters. Jerry is a perfectionist. His standards for the work are far above most homeowners. He sees the smallest of flaws and makes sure his work is literally perfect. I’m a pretty tough person to please, and I can’t say enough about how good of a job they did. The hardwood floors are seen by everybody that walks into my house, so I wanted the very best, and I got it with Jerry’s!

Description of Work
Refinish Maple Hardwood Flooring

12/31/2018

Gretchen A.

The work was performed efficiently and with as little noise and disruption as possible. The quote was a week to sand, patch and finish four rooms and it took exactly one week. There were honest and clear conversations about each step of the process and ample time to choose the finish color. The floors are over 80 years old and after the work was done the floors had been transformed. The result was beautiful AND as advertised, there was not a speck of dust left behind! I would highly recommend Jerry’s work to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinishing old wood floors in four rooms

Category hardwood floor

Thank You [Member Name Removed] and James Happy New Year!!!

08/31/2018

Alicia B.

Really happy with how this all turned out, and how easy Jerry and his helper made it all seem. The job was absolutely dust-free, it took one day longer than estimated as Jerry had to divert to another job which was a tad frustrating, but we love the final result and Jerry was great to work with. Thank you!

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors in dining, kitchen, hallway and bedroom.

Thank You It was pleasure to work for You

07/29/2018

Michael S.

I rarely take time to give reviews, but Jerry kept his word. When he says dust free, he means it. No dust anywhere. The whole job went smoothly, and he was both friendly and professional throughout. The floors look brand new.

Description of Work
Sanding the entire first floor of my townhouse, along with some steps and front landing

06/19/2018

Kris R.

Jerry’s Dust Free Flooring is an excellent family business to work with. They do fantastic work and are very reasonably priced. Jerry was referred to us by a neighbor who is an interior designer and used him in her own home. We found Jerry to be very trustworthy, professional and responsive. Prior to the start of our project (kitchen, foyer and family room floors), Jerry came and sanded down several areas and applied multiple options of stain colors until I found one that I liked, and then I lived with it for several days to make sure. He did the work while we were on vacation and sent us pictures after the stain was put down, and then again after the final coat was on. We were very happy even before setting foot back into the house! Our kitchen floors were absolutely trashed and scuffed down to the bare wood from our kitchen chairs, and now it looks like a brand new floor! And it’s true, it really is dust free! I was skeptical at first but I didn’t have to dust anything after the project was completed! We highly recommend Jerry’s Dust Free Floors if you are in need of having your floors redone. Great work at a great price!

Description of Work
Foyer, Kitchen and Family Room floors needed to be refinished.

06/04/2018

Tarah S.

Jerry and his team worked with us on our tight timeline and got the work done well. We are very happy with our new floors.

Description of Work
Refinishing of existing floors and installation of new floors

05/05/2018

Anne O.

Jerry is great to work with and does craftsman-level work. He refinished and repaired hardwood floors in our family room and some areas in the master bedroom. Our floors look awesome and the work is truly dust free. Excellent service from start to finish. I left a message on a weeknight and he returned my call the next morning. We scheduled an appointment for him to see the areas that needed work. He arrived a few minutes early. He sent his proposal the next day, including options for natural finish or staining the floors. Work started and finished on time. Even though it was a small job, Jerry provided great attention to detail and top level service. He does the work himself, with his brother. In our family room, the previous owners had put screws in the hardwood because of floor squeaks. We left that area carpeted for many years, but I wanted to go back to hardwood. The first company I talked to said they wouldn't come out for a quote until we had taken up the carpet (I guess their quote would have seemed low after I did part of the job for them). Jerry's quote included moving furniture and taking up the carpet. When discussing the job, he gave an approximation of how much extra it would be to repair the screw holes. Once the carpet was up, we saw there were HUNDREDS of screws. He removed all the screws, repaired with oak plugs and wood glue, and sanded the area again. The repairs blend beautifully with the rest of the floor. All that additional work was only an extra $150, which is included cost reported here. In the master bedroom, we had remodeling done a couple of years ago that uncovered some of the original hardwood. The contractor sanded and varnished, but you could see the line. Jerry taped off individual boards to refinish, and now it blends seamlessly. When Jerry and his brother started working, they didn't put up any plastic sheeting, which me a little nervous because when we had the floors redone in the rest of the house years ago, there was a layer of sawdust on every single surface in the house. But Jerry's work was truly dust free. The work area was immaculate and no dust anywhere. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Floor refinishing

04/29/2018

Nancy K.

WOW! VERY professional and experts at what they do. We have a spec house and the wood floors were finished with an oil based stain product and after 12 years they looked dull & dingy. Jerry did an excellent job of taking out the fine scratches, removing the old finish and using a top quality finish. My floors are beautiful!! But the bonus... it is all truly dust free and he moved everything. I cannot say enough about Jerry's Dust Free Flooring!

Description of Work
Wood Floor Revitalize

03/31/2018

Chris L.

It’s taken me some time to decide to post a review, as mine is really very mixed. Our floors were the bulk of the project with either refinishing or replacing carpet with hardwood throughout our home. We are VERY happy with the completed project on our floors. Had some initial concerns with the finish not looking smooth, but this was remedied and the end result is beautiful. Dust free— yes! Didn’t really think it was possible, but really, very little dust. No issues with the staircase were immediately noticed, but since completion of the project we have noticed a couple. 1) One stair tread toward the botttom of the staircase was cut short (has much shorter overhang than the other treads). It is pretty obvious once you notice the mistake. I would have a hard time with thinking that this was not noticed when installed. 2) The board at the top of the stairs was cut short and a “sliver” of hardwood was put in the gap. Also, the hardwood treads were installed on the existing staircase. Don’t think I really thought about this issue before the work was done. But this makes the first riser taller than the others and the last riser up the staircase shorter than the others. After completing the projects above, I asked about work on an additional smaller project. A verbal quote and verbal timeline for doing the project were given and I was told I would receive an email with the quote. I did not receive an email. When I inquired, I was told that they could not do the project now and that basically I should look elsewhere. Hm... So .... overall I would say I was happy with the wood floors which again were the bulk of our project, not so happy with the staircase, and not so happy with the response (and lack of response) that I got when I inquired about furthers work.

Description of Work
Huge project refinishing existing hardwood floors, replacing all carpet with hardwood floors and finishing them. Also removed carpet from stairs and refinished with hardwood.

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

03/16/2018

Agnieszka K.

They sand stain and finished entire main floor . Work was done very professional and extremely clean . I could not believe that it is possible to restore hardwood without dust and I can definitely tell that with this company it is completely dust free. I would recommend Jerry to anybody. Thank You

Description of Work
Entire main floor hardwood redone

Thanks to You [Member Name Removed]

03/15/2018

Kevin S.

Good work/good price. Jerry installed new oak flooring in our family room. The job went so well that we also hired him to install floors in a rental property. We recommended him to neighbors who had their floors refinished and they were very pleased.

Description of Work
new oak floor

01/06/2018

Nate W.

Jerry was quick to respond from the start and was the first to give us a quote. After checking with three other flooring contractors, his rate was significantly lower for the same work. Jerry and his crew moved furniture, removed and disposed of the old carpeting. They were always on time in the morning and worked hard until the job was done. Minimal mess. After the job was complete, we noticed some rough spots. I brought this to his attention and he recommended another layer of finish. He came out right away and applied the extra layer at no extra cost. I recommend his services and would work with him again.

Description of Work
Replace carpeting with hardwood flooring

11/27/2017

Christopher M.

i have been meaning to write this review for a long time. Jerry was fantastic to work with and the quality of work was second to none. There was no dust and the products used have held up really well over the past year and a half. We renovated our kitchen and took down a wall between the kitchen and living room. Jerry and his team installed new hardwood in the kitchen and weaved it into the existing hardwood in the living room. The transition is seamless and you can't tell at all that the kitchen floor isn't original to the house. The color matching is perfect and the materials used have really held up well over the past 18 months. They also refinished the hardwood floors on the whole first floor and they look amazing. Little details like refinishing the door thresholds to match the floor really impressed us. Just an outstanding job and a great person and team to work with. We have recommended Jerry to several people and would use him again and again.

Description of Work
Installed new hardwood flooring in kitchen, tied in to existing floor in connecting living room, refinished existing wood floors

10/08/2017

yousef T.

He did a great job . He came on time and finished on time. we are very happy the result . totally recommend him .

Description of Work
Jerry added new hardwood floors and finish the rest of the floors in our house .

08/08/2017

Heather K.

Everything was great. Jerry is personable, knowledgable and very professional. He did a great job and was absolutely dustfree. I am glad he had an opening and we were able to get in to get our floor done. It is beautiful now.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Amy W.

I called four companies for estimates. Jerry was at my house within 24 hours to measure and answer any questions. He was professional and his crew worked very hard for 3 straight days. Before he stained, he put samples of as many stains as I wanted on the floor, then sanded them back out afterwards. While they were there, I asked if they could replace a transition piece that my tile installer removed. No problem. They put a new piece of wood in for no extra charge. I was amazed when they were done that the floor looked brand new and I get so many compliments! Oh, and the dust free process was truly dust free!!

Description of Work
We had some floors badly in need of refinishing. (Not only was the color very dated, but the kitchen floor was scuffed up so much, I wasn't sure it was repairable.)

Brian B.

They did a fantastic job on the floors. They seamlessly integrated the new floors with the existing floors. They were courteous and punctual. I have and will continue to recommend Jerry for hardwood floor work.

Description of Work
Jerry and his team refinished our existing floors and extended the floors into three other rooms in the house.

Gerald L.

Jerry provided excellent service for a very competitive price. We wanted to get our floors refinished before moving into our new house, so we were short on timing. Jerry was very flexible in both meeting onsite to provide a quote and completing the work before we moved in. The price was competitive and the work was completed in the exact timeline he estimated. The job was extremely clean after he left and the end product was absolutely wonderful!! We would recommend Jerry for either refinishing or new floor installs and would call on him again for future flooring needs.

Description of Work
Refinish existing hardwood floor, remove tile and install new hardwood floor, and install new banister.

07/28/2017

Hipolito G.

For the most part everything went well until the end. I signed an agreement and based on the agreement Jerry did complete his services, so I thought. However, like any other project if there are multiple projects going on at once there are certain things that cannot be done until some else does their part. In my case I have tiles that flow over to the wood flooring. There is a trim piece that connects my foyer to the kitchen. He did the piece and placed it before the tile job by a different contractor was completed. I was ok with it because Jerry stated not to worry that when the tile guy comes that he would come and remove it. He stated that when the tile was complete he would come and place it. There was also a gap of missing wood on the edge of my french doors between the dining room and the living room. I did not catch it until I was putting the furniture back in. I did bring it to his attention and again he stated he would fix it. It has been 3 weeks since my request and he hasn't completed neither. After bringing it to his attention he got upset and became rude and defensive all because I asked for him to get it complete and schedule a date. Now his response is I completed what was on the contract. He is very unprofessional and rude. If you decide to use him just make sure you do NOT pay the final bill until the job is fully complete or reduce a portion of the final bill in case you have to ask someone else to finish something minor like in my case. Unfortunately, I will not use him again for this reason. The overall experience is a C because although I wanted to give him a D it is only fair that the rest of his work was good.

Description of Work
My project consisted of getting all my wood flooring sanded and refinished.

Category hardwood floor

Everything was done professionally and finished on time like on contract . We have done couple of things above the contract and did not take a dollar for that . There was additional work done by me for this people because their tile people could not do their job . I was there on every call I'm sorry that this went this way , l promised to come back as soon as possible to fix the little piece of wood between tile and hardwood . Yesterday [Member Name Removed] call me and ask me when I will come back to finish my job which he paid a lots of money for so I got upset because my work was done long time ago and perfect . I'm sorry I'm not contractor on call everything above the contract need to be paid . There was a piece of wood when I finished my work of tile guy removed he should put it back . [Member Name Removed] please respect hard working people . I did not get a "Thank You " for all extra work I have done for you . Good luck anyway Respect !!!

07/05/2017

KAREN Z.

Jerry and the guys are amazing! We hired Jerry after meeting him, without even interviewing anyone else for the current job of refinishing our wood floors. Jerry was everything he said he would be: clean, neat, prompt and professional. We encountered a problem in our family room, due to a previous installer and we ended up having to rip out the whole family room floor and put in a whole new floor. The job cost us $2,000 more than we anticipated, but now the job was done right and it looks fabulous! There is no way to avoid ALL dust when you have to saw wood, but Jerry came as close to it as possible. This was our third experience with installing/refinishing wood floors and BY F A R the best experience. Our painter made way more of a dusty mess in my house than Jerry did. I would hire him again in a heartbeat, but I hope I don't have to!

Description of Work
We had the whole first floor refinished and stained. Also a new wood floor installed in our family room.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, floor cleaning

07/01/2017

Robert T.

Very well. Good price and good job. Moved a dresser for us. Showed us how various stains would look. No dust, which is amazing. We are very pleased. He called me back right away and came out to give me a quote within a week. No problems.

Description of Work
Refinish oak floors in hallway and 3 bedrooms.

06/02/2017

Brian B.

It went well. I would recommend Jerry.

Description of Work
Refinishing existing hardwood floors and then extending that flooring to other areas of the house.