Excel Plumbing

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2009

661 Glenn Ave

Wheeling, IL 60090

At Excel Plumbing, we pride ourselves with having a long history of offering only the best residential and commercial plumbing services at reasonable pricing. Our plumbers are licensed, bonded, insured, and use only top brands equipment. We specialize in servicing faucets, sinks, toilets, water heaters, sewer line repairs, gas lines, pumps, drain cleaning, hydro-jetting, and many others. Additional D.B.A. I & D Plumbing. License – 05817004...

10/14/2020

Paul V.

Can't thank them enough. Showed up on time, work was done very neat and clean. Very reasonable price. Excellent customer service. My request was processed immediately and appointment was set at my convenience. Will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Instalation of whole house humidifier

Category plumbing, drain pipe

08/13/2020

Olga T.

This is the second time we called the same company. Once again Luigi did an excellent job. We would like to recommend the company and the serviceman.

Description of Work
Fixing/installing faucets, installing garbage disposal, resolving water hammer issue, replacing a spout

07/30/2020

Terry C.

Initially came out and inspected pipe from house to street with a camera , I saw were the pipe narrowed due to blockage , set up for them to come back and water jet the line , no charge for initial inspection , they came back jetted the line several times and ran the camera in between each jetting witch I was able to watch the whole time , clog gone , great guys , I asked a lot of questions , they answered them all , would absolutely hire them again

Description of Work
Water jet drainage pipe from the house to the street

Category drain cleaning

05/19/2020

Karina G.

I have to say in these unprecedented times it is wonderful to be able to rely on a company like Excel Plumbing! They are professional, knowledgeable, and were able to fix my plumbing issue with very little fanfare! Please note, the plumber showed up on time while wearing the appropriate PPE. I would whole heartedly recommend Excel Plumbing!

Description of Work
Plumbing issue in master bathroom

01/30/2020

Mark A.

I had a really good experience with this plumbing service. The plumber who came out to my house was named Mark S. He was professional, explained everything he was did step-by-step, and was very neat. I called the plumbers to fix a leak that was under my kitchen sink and Mark S was able to diagnose the problem almost immediately. The problem was actually above the sink. There was something wrong with the hose that went to my kitchen faucet and water was back flowing down the hose. After more diagnosis, it turned out that it was an easy fix. The faucet head just needed to be tightened. While no one likes to pay $100+ to have a plumber just come out to tighten a faucet head, my biggest compliment to this business is the honesty and integrity that their employees conduct themselves.

Description of Work
Fix a leak under my kitchen sink

Category plumbing

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! Much appreciated, we're glad you are a happy customer and that you took the time to let us know. We would love to continue providing you great service. Thanks! Maureen

01/02/2020

Sal S.

Both systems failed six months after install. Excel did not guarantee or stand behind their work. Local plumber came in fast because water was rising. Confirmed both systems were not functioning. Excel said because they did not inspect the system and take it out they would not stand behind the work Will never use them again. Sal Settecase

Description of Work
New sump pump and back up system

Category plumbing

Hi, [Member Name Removed] I'm sorry that you feel this way, but this is more than a bit unfair. I would like to clarify that you didn't call us until after another plumber had come and done the work. You had a warranty on the work we did. As is the case with most warranties - it is voided when it is tampered with. You literally had the system removed by someone else. I can't think of a warranty that would not be voided in that instance. There is no reason we couldn't have helped you. We were available. We were never given the opportunity to warranty our installation. It's not our fault that you couldn't remember we were the company that did the work. The fact that a competitor comes and suddenly our entire system needs to be replaced is extremely suspicious. Literally all unrelated parts of the system suddenly failed at the same time. It makes very little sense. I am more than willing to take responsibility when we make mistakes, which happens. But we were not given that opportunity. - Thom Wright

11/10/2019

Arthur G.

Just fine! A little late l, but was quick and responsive to the situation!

Description of Work
New Toliet tank mechanism

09/14/2019

Jean B.

Excellent! Very quick response. The plumber was timely, professional and fixed the problem. A day or so later, received a call from Excel to check on my satisfaction. We will definitely use again!

Description of Work
Repair a toilet that was running constantly

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

08/28/2019

John B.

Excel Plumbing's estimate was an excessively high price. They did not offer me the quality level of the water heater that I wanted. I wanted a unit with a standard 12 year tank warranty. They were going to charge me an extra $350 to extend the manufacturer's standard warranty to 10 years. I found exactly what I wanted at Home Depot and used their installation contractor, DRF Trusted Property Solutions, A-rated here on Angie's List. They did a great job with the installation, saving me almost $700 from the Excel quote while providing me with a more reliable unit. I initially selected Excel Plumbing because they have good ratings on Angie's List and are local. I was very disappointed with their proposal.

Description of Work
I needed to have my leaking gas tank water heater replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/08/2019

Peter M.

Customer service was excellent. Made an appointment. Showed up on time after calling me first to let me know plumber was coming, Plumber, Denis, was also excellent and was respectful of me and our home. Very pleasant and hard working. Did a great job and left both bathrooms free of debris. Hauled away everything. I know why they are called “Excel Plumbing”———because they are excellent!!

Description of Work
Replace and install 2 toilets-

07/12/2019

Olga T.

We are impressed by the quality and performance. Besides doing great job on our leaking toilet, Luigi answered our long-standing questions related to plumbing issues. Great job!

Description of Work
Fixed leaking toilet

Category plumbing

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We work really hard to give you the best service we can and I am happy it was reflected in Luigi's visit. I will make sure Luigi's gets the recognition he deserves. If we made your life easier then we have done our job! Best, Maureen -Excel

03/06/2019

Mike E.

It went very well. Good troubleshooting, took his time, and solved the problem with no issues.

Description of Work
They routed out a plugged drain.

02/26/2019

Alina S.

Best plumbing service in Northbrook. Fast, Reliable, Knowledgeable and overall very affordable! Cannot thank them enough!

Description of Work
Excel did lots of work In my house

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/24/2019

Barbara A.

After a thorough investigation, they recommended replacing the dishwasher.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

01/04/2019

Lisa L.

The company is very good to work with. They will do their best to fit you in if you have a plumbing emergency. They try to be flexible with your schedule as well. They are reliable, their pricing is good, extremely personable, and professional.

Description of Work
I've used them for both residential plumbing work and commercial plumbing work.

12/12/2018

Ellen R.

They did a great job, took pics and video to show me the issues. It was a mess. I have them come and check twice a year, and they've been helpful, courteous and professional.

Description of Work
They put in new pumps, flushed out my line, I had a flooding issue, so they flushed out the main line.

10/02/2018

Ellen N.

The technician Alex was very nice, clean and professional. He finished the work in 30 minutes and checked for additional leaks in the kitchen sink plumbing.

Description of Work
replace garbage disposal

08/02/2018

BONNIE O.

Workmanship is excellent. I didn't have any problem. They did a great job and I will use them again.

Description of Work
They put in entire sump pump and a battery that I don't have to crawl to my crawlspace.

Category plumbing, wells

Hi [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy to take care of your plumbing issues. Please call us at any time. Thank you.

07/24/2018

Susie E.

Professional. Showed up on time. Explained all the potential costs before starting. Total time to fix the toilet just 15 min.

Description of Work
Toilet Back up

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to have met your expectations. Please feel free to call us at anytime, Thank you.

06/26/2018

Erica H.

Great. I wish I would have called sooner.

Description of Work
Leak with kitchen sink

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We are happy to help you on your plumbing needs. Please call us at anytime. Thank you.

06/25/2018

Adam K.

I needed a new garbage disposal and Excel handled everything very professionally. Even when there was a mixup as to whether or not I paid for the services (and I did not pay for it) they approached the issue with professionalism. They also delivered high quality work at a reasonable price. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replace garbage disposal

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business. Please call us at any time.

05/17/2018

BARBARA W.

Responded immediately and clearly explained problem then reviewed options. When we thought there was still a problem the next day, they came right out to check and explained how the new system varied from the old one meaning it was running perfectly.

Description of Work
Replacement of sump pump

Category plumbing, wells

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review and your business. We are very happy to have helped you in your plumbing needs. Please call us at any time.

04/25/2018

Bryan F.

5 Stars for service and professionalism by office staff and rep that came to our house. Konstantin was the professional that came to our house. He completed the requested work. While he was there we came up with another task. He completed that also! We'd recommend Excel to anyone. Thanks for jobs well done!

Description of Work
SInk faucet, toilet internals replacement, install new garbage disposal

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are excited to hear that we met your expectations with our customer service and that our technician took care of all your issues. Please feel free to call us at anytime, Thank you.

04/10/2018

Vinay P.

very professional and thorough. did a great job. will use them again

Description of Work
installed under sink reverse osmosis filter

Category plumbing, water softeners

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are very happy that we met your expectations and that you are very happy with the service we provided. Please give us a call at anytime. Thank you.

01/27/2018

Michael S.

Plummer arrived. Looked at what needed to be done very briefly and said he won't work on it and that the whole house's plumbing would need to be replaced. he estimated $4k-$7k and took the $29 service fee. At which point he was asked to leave. Scam... both for Excel and Angie's List.

Description of Work
Purchased Angie's List deal. needed to have a drain pipe installed, as well as a hot and cold tap, to move our washer and dryer into the utility room (near hot water heater and where all water and gas enters the home.

Category plumbing

Hello [Member Name Removed], I apologize if you feel our estimates are a scam but we are an honest and fair company. As a company we strive to provide the best customer service. Excel Plumbing always provides customers with an estimate to complete a job, but its up to the customer if they want to move forward or not. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call. Thank you,