A-1 CONTRACTORS INC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2005

A-1 Contractors business philosophy is simple, customer satisfaction through the best-built hardscape project. This philosophy is what separates us from the competition. A-1 Contractors, Inc. is a leader in the hardscape industry and has grown over the last 21 years to become the North Shores’ premier installer of brick pavers, natural stone, and concrete in the commercial and residential market. Our accomplishments have made us known as the most thorough and reliable hardscape contractor in the area. Our supervisory employees have an average of 8 to 10 years experience. All our employees are well trained, diligent, and motivated. Craftsmanship, a strict compliance to manufactures installation specifications, and attention to detail are core principles to our employees. They recognize that every project is a reflection of their abilities and A-1’s image in the industry. A-1 Contractors will establish a meeting for you with one of our professional sales staff. They will assist in the design of your project or work with an existing plan or idea you might have. From there a free estimate will be prepared, accompanied with an explanation of the installation process. From design to completion of construction you can be rest assured that A-1 Contractors will deliver a project of the utmost professionalism, craftsmanship and customer satisfaction. A-1 has grown steadily over the past 21 years and customer referrals have been the key to our success. 95% of our business is built on customer referrals. We believe the strongest sales tool a company can have is “happy customers” and because of that fact, A-1 has committed itself to keeping in step with advances in technology and innovation in the hardscape industry. This kind of commitment insures continued customer satisfaction and A-1’s future success… …as we always say, “nothing sells better than a happy customer.”...

North Shore Brickwork and Windows, Inc

North Shore has practiced to provide high quality Brick repair and Window Installations for over 30 years. North Shore Brickwork and Windows craftsmanship is second to none with our superior team of experts. We administer restoration of exteriors from the effects of environmental factors this includes brick repair and window installations.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi
Olsen Tuckpointing Co

Masonry specialists servicing the Chicago area suburbs for over 55 years. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Family owned - 19 employees - no subcontractors - all experienced tuckpointers & union journeymen. Cost is determined by the job. Free estimates, no travel charges. Fully licensed, bonded and insured. A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau. Super Service Award (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020) from Angie's List.

09/24/2015

Our bluestone steps to our back garden were crumbling. They hadbeen poorly tended by the prior owner and they looked awful.We had one cracked riser, a lot of mortar had come out and thestones were chipping (like peeling layers off of an onion). Rather than rebuild the steps entirely, we had A1 come out to repoint the steps. They showed up on time and did a fantastic job. These steps that were prev...

Description of Work
Repointed our bluestone garden stairs.

Category masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

07/21/2015

I had a great deal of interaction with them and have STRONG mixed reactions, which are pretty much on par for the reviews I have read. Their work is great. That isnt the problem. The problem is in their pricing. It is WAY above industry average. I spent time in communication with them, and here is how they arrive at their fees- they have multiple levels of management. They have a sales force whos ...

Description of Work
Rebuilt my pool decking and hardscape around a high end home.

Category hardscaping

03/26/2015

I had a good experience. They were on time, on estimates, prompt, meticulous trying to match a hundred year old. There is nothing bout them that wasn't great. It looks fabulous. They were fabulous. Its more than I want to spend. I'm going to use them again.

Description of Work
They rebuilt a hundred year old concrete brick back-steps and relayed some concrete on the driveway.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,masonry

12/16/2014

The price was not the most expensive and not the cheapest, and quality was pretty good for the driveway. The first issue was that A-1 treated my job as if I were asking them a favor to do it. They had a large industrial job (apparently) going on at the same time, and kept delaying, saying they would "fit me in" when they could get to me. As if I were not paying them a full price to do the work. Th...

Description of Work
Remove asphalt driveway and install concrete driveway with pavers on the side

Category concrete repair,hardscaping

11/14/2014

Decided could not afford at this time.

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate

Category hardscaping

10/26/2014

Kyle Egan was on time for the appointment and had a very professional manner. I delayed the project because I didn't have the plat drawings that he wanted. He was still able to survey the property and listen to our ideas. Onsite meeting went well with no problems. However, I sent the plat drawings on 8/17 but I didn't hear from him or get a drawing until 8/25 which was no more than a week. But in his email he did no price any of the work and wanted me to pick out what I liked about the current 3D design. Later he sent an email on 9/05 saying that he is sorry that he was not able to get to the estimate. I was ok with that but it took him up to 9/16 to send the estimate. I felt that the time period was unacceptable. He explained that the emails may have went to the junk file. But we originally had no problems with emails. Overall, I felt as if the 3D drawings were very elementary and not worth $149. We plan to hire a landscape designer just so that we know that we are getting a professional who is current, thoughtful, creative, and respectful of their clients time. Thank you.

Description of Work
Make 3D drawings of landscape project that we were interested in doing. Drawings were of front steps, sidewalk, and backyard patio and grill area.

Category hardscaper","Patio Builder

10/24/2014

The crew arrived on time, we were pleased with the quality of the their work. They had to cover the installation to allow for the set, they returned days later and all materials were removed and the area was cleaned.

Description of Work
Provided a concrete slab for a shed per our city's permit specifications. Prior to install they contacted Julie to identify lines. Also arranged for the inspection.

Category hardscaper

10/02/2014

Fabulous job!!! Our 35-year-old concrete driveway was cracked in several places, which allowed water to wash back toward and into the house and basement. I wanted to re-do the entire driveway, but I couldn't afford to do all of it in one year. But the top portion of the driveway absolutely had to be replaced this summer to fix the water problem. A-1 had to hammer out all of the old concrete, level the area, put in several inches of gravel, pour a "best mix" concrete, and cover it with a sealant. They did it all in a total of three days (Friday, Monday and Tuesday). They made sure that the concrete is pitched slightly away from the house and toward the lawn, so that when it rains (or if we have another terribly snowy winter), the water that accumulates on the driveway will wash away from the house. Kyle was very responsive when I first called to have him come to the house to give me an estimate. He was very prompt in returning that estimate and took the time to answer all of my questions. The top portion of the driveway now looks great, and so do the stoops that were replaced. I fully intend to have A-1 replace the rest of the driveway when I can afford to do it. Update: A-1replaced the rest of the driveway this summer, and -again- did a fabulous job. Kyle Egan was very responsive to me and worked with me to coordinate parking, since I could not park on the street or anywhere on the property during the driveway replacement. He kept me informed about scheduling changes that couldn't be avoided given how terribly wet this spring has been. The workers were prompt, diligent and professional. I am so impressed with how smoothly and efficiently they got everything done. I have two backyard patios that are showing their age, and when it's time to give them a makeover, I will be contacting A-1.

Description of Work
A-1 Contractors replaced the remainder of our very long concrete driveway.

Category hardscaper

06/21/2013

The price was reasonable. It was great service. They asked a lot of questions and knew exactly what we wanted to have done. They did it very promptly.

Description of Work
We used A-1 Contractors to modify an outdoor patio.

Category Patio Builder

05/17/2013

John Egan came out to the house, discussed our needs and quoted on replacing our current concrete driveway with one constructed of paver bricks. Several weeks later the work was completed on time and without incident and to our total satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replaced concrete driveway with paver brick driveway.

Category concrete repair contractor","hardscaper

Natural Stone, Brick Paving, and Concrete. We will build patios, pool decks, driveways and borders, walks, steps, fireplaces, grill cabinets, water features, entry monuments, columns, retaining walls, seat walls and more. We also specialize in maintenance and repair for any of these projects.

We do not do asphalt work. We also do not do mudjacking and skim coating concrete.