J BENAK SERVICE INC

Founded 1949 • With Angi since February 2007

701 W BURLINGTON AVE

Western Springs, IL 60558

Same location over sixty years. Family owned. Walking distance to train station. ...

06/25/2020

Tony W.

My battery was acting funny and I called Mike at Benak to see how busy they were today. He said they were really busy but I was hoping to get it done asap so I could still use the car during the day. He was nice enough to fit me in right away and got me in and out quickly. Wonderful service and a great shop. This was my first experience but I will be back for any other issues that arise!

Description of Work
Changed battery

01/30/2018

Mary Jo and Tom M.

They are always excellent and cordial. They always treat their customers nicely. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I have been going to them for about 30 years for oil changes and repairs.

02/27/2017

RAY S.

I send my whole family to them. They really are a wonderful company.

Description of Work
Something came lose underneath the hood. I got my way up there. There was some crazy piece of plastic that got underneath and they didn't charge me. They just put it back into place because it popped out. It was dragging and making a terrible noise.

11/03/2016

RAY S.

They don't cheat you. They give you the straight story even if there is nothing to be done. They're great with customers.

Description of Work
I use J Benak Service Inc for auto services. They did winterizing.

11/03/2016

06/23/2016

STEVEN T.

They did nice work. It is a very reputable service team. They let you know what you need to do and what you do not need to do. They stand behind their.

Description of Work
They fixed my brakes on my Mercedes.

06/03/2016

Mark W.

Description of Work
They are always very good to work with. I always feel they are giving me good honest evaluations and recommendations of what my car needs (not just looking to upsell). Nothing they have done for me has ever had any issues. Reasonably priced and timely.

01/21/2016

Charles K.

Description of Work
Very honest and reliable auto repair service. Highly recommend their service and pricing seems very reasonable.

01/11/2016

MICHAEL L.

Description of Work
Performed required engine repair work for a third less than the dealer quoted. Car was repaired and returned on same day as quote.

08/05/2015

Laurie B.

Category

01/28/2014

STEVEN T.

I asked Mike to check the brake light and perform a general inspection. He added brake fluid to address the check brake light issue and recommended replacing two tires, changing the oil and tightening a loose heat shield. He noted that front noise was probably due to a minor strut issue that could be safely put off, which I did. Mike offers quality, professional service, He offers an honest assessment and doesn't push unneeded service. Benaks is well regarded in Western Springs.

Description of Work
Evaluated a check brakes light. Changed the oil, performed a general maintenance check and replaced two worn tires.

Category auto repair

Thank you for the great review [member name removed]. It is always a pleasure working with you. Mike

11/09/2013

kathleen C.

Oil change and new tires.

Category car tires

09/14/2013

Joseph F.

I received an oil change coupon in the mail and decided to give these guys a try. The price was right, and the service was excellent. I will certainly consider them the next time I need service on my cars.

Description of Work
Oil change.

12/11/2011

CRAIG S.

Everything worked great. The car was clean and ready when I came to pick it up. I was out of town during business hours so they left it where I could get access in the evening.

Description of Work
I had a new clutch and washer pump put in my BMW.

01/06/2011

Brian C.

When I picked the truck up it was pulling to the left and needed an alignment. They said they didn't automatically do alignments with tire changes which made sense but I think they should have at least driven it around the block. I brought it back the next week for the alignment and they charged $69.95 but didn't get it completely aligned. I brought it back the next week and they aligned it perfectly for free. I should say that my 1999 Chevy S-10 has a history of being difficult to align. Still, I wish Benak's would have test driven it more and not given it back until they were really finished. I was not in a hurry.

Description of Work
Initial work was for tires and general inspection. They changed the oil with synthetic on my request, replaced a belt, tuned up the A/C, and replaced the tires for $853.78. The oil change seemed high, but I priced the tires on the web and they were competitive there.

09/20/2007

kelly M.

They were very professional and they were clean. They didn't talk down to me like other car companies have done in the past. They were very responsive to my questions when I called and asked them before bringing my car over.

Description of Work
They did a regular maintenance service on my 1999 Toyota and on my 2003 Nissan Altima. They replaced the brake pads on both of the cars.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Auto Service
    Auto Towing
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check
    1 YEAR

FULL SERVICE AUTO REPAIR & MAINTENANCE.