Town & Country Services

Founded 1919 • With Angi since December 2008

220 Lasalle St

Tonica, IL 61370

Town & Country Services is a full service plumbing, heating and cooling contractor servicing the residential and commercial markets of the Illinois Valley & Princeton. We are staffed by trained and licensed technicians and courteous dispatching and customer service personnel and professional salespersons. Our phone is manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will be answered by a staff member eager to solve your plumbing, heating or cooling problem or answer your question. We are a licensed Illinois Plumbing Contractor and also licensed in all the Illinois Valley municipalities requiring licensing. A family business since 1919 we are well versed in the needs of the surrounding area. Cost is determined by the job. Plumbing License #: 055-00985. Additional DBA - Tonica True Value Sales & Svc....

10/17/2017

Kim K.

They were very responsive and did a great job!

Description of Work
Had them replace my furnace and Air conditioner. Needed them to work around some other work being done.

06/13/2017

Doug C.

The capacitor in the outside unit had failed. Tech had a replacement on his truck. Town & Country uses a flat rate pricing, so if they have to run and get a part or encounter some similar issue, the customer doesn't pay extra beyond the flat rate. I was charged $116 for the part plus $79 for the service call, total $195. I was satisfied.

Description of Work
Our residential air conditioning went out on the hottest (so far) day of the year. Called at 9:00 a.m., and Joe arrived at 3 pm. Thanks!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the review. Glad we were able to get your system cooling with a simple repair. By the forecast we'll be needing our air conditioners for the next few days. Good ole' fashion summer weather is here! Thanks again!

04/19/2017

Anita K.

Very professional. Worker was not sure how to fix leak on boiler but was quick to find person that knew how and got the job done. Water heater needs replaced wanted better news but I know who to call.

Description of Work
Water heater looked at and drained. Stop a leak on boiler heating unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair

03/27/2017

Jerry F.

The initial repairman, salesman & installer were very punctual. Each one answered all of my questions about my situation & I never felt I was being sold something I didn't need. Since my furnace was DOA & needed replacement, the choice to replace was a considerable expense on my part. I felt the estimate given for the entire system was fair & all work was done when they said it would. Based on service calls I had with other local companies I was hesitant to try another contractor. After reading some of the reviews on Angie's List I felt comfortable giving them a try. I thought this was overall a great experience with a professional company. I will definitely use them again for any of my HVAC needs & would recommend to anyone else.

Description of Work
Heating & AC replacement

02/01/2017

Ashley I.

They were very responsive to my phone call. I received a call back within minutes to discuss my current issue. They were here the very next day to take on the Navien boiler issue and with no avail; could not get it fixed. They spent hours on the phone with Navien and did everything they possibly could to fix the issue, but it turns out..warranties are voided if your products are not installed by a professional (I did NOT know this) :( They were extremely caring and I could tell they felt bad for my situation. But they did not waste any of my time. Gave me a few options as far as getting a new boiler and even wanted to help me out and give me a discount on a new one. I chose to invest a little extra money and get an entire new HVAC system installed. They didn't charge me for the previous days work (I don't believe) and rounded everything off to a solid number that worked well for both of us. I was able to do financing with 0% interest for 5 years!!! Woohoo! I was thrilled at this point. This all happened on a Friday and they started immediately the following Monday morning. They even provided me with a few space heaters (free of charge) to keep me warm during the weekend (they offered, I did not ask). They installed a brand new furnace and air conditioner along with all new duct work, as well as a brand new electric water heater. They got everything done in 2 days. I am absolutely ecstatic!! They were very professional and every person that I spoke with exceeded my expectations! I would 100% recommend Town and Country Services! They will get the job done and they actually care about their customers wants and needs! Thank you Town and country! You will be my go to people for all my HVAC and plumbing needs from here on out!

Description of Work
When I bought my house, I ran into a situation which ended in purchasing and installing a Navien Combi boiler. It was never installed correctly from the get go, and I have had nothing but issues with it for the past 3 years. I found myself, once again without heat or hot water, so I called Town and Country!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time and giving such an awesome review! We're glad your three year saga with your heating system is finally over. Enjoy your new furnace and when summer arrives your new central air conditioning. Thanks again for the business and review.

12/19/2016

Nils D.

Technician showed up about an hour and a half after I called, which was very prompt. He went about diagnosing the problem in about 15 minutes determine the blower needed to be replaced. Went down to his truck and wrote up a work order. I thought the price was pretty high for the work and part involved, but went ahead and did it. I did call the office later and ask for the manager or owner who called me back within an hour and explained to me their pricing structure. At the end of the day, I'm satisfied. You don't get the quality of service and responsiveness that I received and not pay a few extra bucks for it. As usual, you get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Replace the blower motor on my furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking that time and the great review! Solving problems quickly and professionally is our goal. We believe our NATE certified technicians are the best around. Thanks again!

03/21/2016

James A.

Very professional and knowledgeable. Explained how my heating system works, lot of things I wasn't aware of.

Description of Work
Furnace clean & tune-up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review! So thrilled you had such a positive experience. Very proud of our technicians & knowing they're offering great customer service. Please let us know if you need anything else.

12/04/2015

Amada L.

He was very professional and did not assume knowing about fireplace. He knows how to work them like a pro. Thank you (C) ?

Description of Work
Diagnosed proper cause of gas leak in our fire place. That previous company couldn't figure out and damage other working parts doing it. Then wanting to charge an arm and leg👎🏼. He also assembled the fireplace correctly. 😃

Category handyman service,plumbing,fireplaces,gas leak repair

Thanks so much! We are very proud of all of our technicians. So happy you were so satisfied! We appreciate your business.

11/18/2015

William S.

completed work as described

Description of Work
furnace tunup

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for submitting a review! We always strive for an A rating, so if there's something you think we could improve on, please let us know! We appreciate your time.

10/31/2015

James A.

Installation went well - had an issue removing the old sink and had to lift off the whole counter top. Jim was professional and thorough and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Install a new kitchen sink/faucet that I purchased.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,wells

Thank you for your review! We are dedicated to making sure every job is done right & done well. We appreciate your business & looking forward to working with you in the future.