Specific Heating and Air Conditioning

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2009

Odyssey Dr

Tinley Park, IL 60477

We are a family owned and operated heating and air conditioning company. We have experience and knowledge with all makes and models. All our work is owner supervised and guaranteed. We take pride in all our work and handle everything as we would in our own homes ....

12/18/2017

Vicki M.

Answered promptly, came out promptly and was within normal prices.

Description of Work
Had a furnace and A/C replaced. Also came out and informed us when a part was in recall and he came out to change it without asking. Also replaced filters for furnaces that were already installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello, we appreciate your business and thank you for your review .

11/07/2017

Corky D.

Excellent service, helpful advice, hands on tutorial for operating new equipment

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater Annual Furnace tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

08/21/2017

Mike P.

Great very professional and honest. Fixed the A/C quick and was very professional. A/C is running like a champ.They honor the coupon from Angie's list.

Description of Work
A/C needed fixed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business and your review..

07/20/2017

matheson J.

Andy responded quickly. He diagnosed problem right away. When he opened the AC unit up, he discovered that only 1 part needed to be replaced as opposed to the 2 he predicted (and had already purchased). He completed the repair, saved me $ and showed me how to perform routine maintenance. Will hire again when it is time to perform furnace tune-up in the fall. :)

Description of Work
AC unit went out over night during a storm. Woke up with vents blowing hot air.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello, we appreciate your business and your review.

06/23/2017

Cherie J.

I thought I would get a discount because of Angie's List. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They cleaned and checked my furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We thank you for your review and appreciate your business.

06/21/2017

Harold O.

When I told Andy at Specific what the diagnosis was for my broken system, he told me he thought that the price quoted was very high. Also, despite being booked solid, he offered to work in a visit to my house the next day to see if he could at least get my system going on a temporary basis. Because of what he said about the price, I decided to do a little investigating. Turns out I found the part for less than 1/5 of what I'd been quoted by the other company, and I installed it myself in about ten minutes. Now I'm sitting in air conditioned comfort again. Even though Specific didn't provide me with any paid services, they saved me a few hundred dollars on a repair and several thousand for a new system right now. My system may last through summer, or it may die again next week. But when it does need to be replaced, Specific is going to be the first place I call. Thank you SO MUCH for your excellent customer service!

Description of Work
I called Specific after another company gave me a very expensive estimate for fixing my broken central A/C unit. I was looking for an estimate to replace the system given its age.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], we are happy to help and thank you for your review.

06/14/2017

Henry K.

We could not be happier! Andy and John made time to come out the next day and install the new furnace. They went far above and beyond anything I could have hoped for. They removed the old unit, installed the new one, tested everything, and cleaned-up after themselves. I definitely recommend them to anyone needing HVAC services!

Description of Work
Just when the temperature outside hit the 90's, the motor on our furnace gave out and we had no air conditioning. The next morning I found Specific Heating and Air on Angie's list and gave them a call. Although they were swamped with work Andy came out the same day and determined our 1985 vintage furnace motor had seen it's last days. Rather than changing the motor we opted to go with a new furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business and thank you for your review. We are happy everything worked out..

05/16/2017

Oscar G.

On 05/15/17 in the morning when I turned on my central A/Conditioner for the 1st time this year, it was blowing warm air. I thought maybe it needed just a charge. I called my usual A/C maintenance people. They installed my A/C Heating system when the house was built in 1999. They maintenanced the system for 17 years. The only time available was 05/31/17. No way baby!!! I went to Angie's list and found Specific Heating and Air Conditioning. They are located in Tinley Park with in 20 miles of my village. Andy said he would be at my home between 4pm and 6pm that afternoon. Andy made it by 5:15pm. Andy made a thorough assessment. The fan motor had failed, but the fan blades were in good shape. I asked if it was better to replace the A/C unit since it was 17 1/2 years old. A new A/C unit would cost $3500. Andy said his repairs would cost about $675. He said the A/C unit is generally good for about another 10 years. But it is mechanical and can fail anytime. My Heating and A/C systems are Bryants. They have served me well. He returned the following day 05/16/17 at 11:00am with the parts. He replaced the fan motor, condenser, capacitor, and performed miscellaneous repairs. Total $ 635.00

Description of Work
Andy replaced the fan motor, condenser, capacitor, and performed miscellaneous repairs. Total $ 635.00

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review and we appreciate your business.

04/26/2017

Harry M.

The tune up went very well and he plugged a leak in a condensation line.

Description of Work
furnace serviced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review.

04/21/2017

Howard N.

They came in on time and replace igniter, they did great

Description of Work
replace item

03/28/2017

Gina T.

I called Specific Heating in the morning and they sent Andy out within a couple hours. My furnace needed a minor part. He also did some maintainance on my furnace while he was there. Everything worked out great. He was well manored and professional. Price was resonable. I will definitly call them again.

Description of Work
My furnace wasn't firing up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], we thank you for your review and appreciate your business.

09/30/2016

Jason Y.

Top notch customer service oriented business. Had four quotes from companies near the Orland Park, IL area and did a lot of research. Although Specific was not the cheapest quote we received, their customer service and quality of workmanship was well worth a few extra bucks. They were able to install 2 A/C's and 2 furnaces in one day and were complete professionals throughout the entire experience. This is a reputable, knowledgeable and hard working crew that wants to make sure the customer is satisfied. If you are on the fence, do not hesitate to give this company a chance, you wont regret it.

Description of Work
Installation of two new A/C units and two new furnaces

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business and thank you for your review of our company.. Please feel free to call us with any questions about your new equipment..

08/14/2016

Margaret F.

Fantastic! I called on Saturday afternoon, I was told (of course) they were very busy but would try to get to us before Monday. I thought there was No way we would see anyone before Monday, but Sunday morning they called to say they could come over in an hour. Best yet, they did not charge a huge weekend penalty fee. Great service very helpful and pleasant. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Air conditioner suddenly stopped working while we were renovating a house during this August heat!!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi we are happy to help! Thank you for your review!!

07/01/2016

Greg E.

Specific was easy to deal with from beginning to end. Andy took the time on the phone to explain my options to me and to explain the work that would need to be done. He worked hard to find the best solution for us (mix of needs, budget, and scale of the job). I especially appreciated that he didn't insist on seeing the unit to help me understand what he could do for me. We then had him out to the house to take measurements and provide an estimate (no charge for this estimate visit). Ultimately, we replaced the AC unit and coil and reused the existing lines. He removed the old unit, flushed and cleaned the existing lines, installed the new coil, custom fit a cover on the air handler to accommodate the new coil, install the new AC unit, pressure tested, vacuum tested, wired the system, charged the lines and tested the system. Specific's workers were cheerful and helpful. They treated the house as they would have treated their own home. Everything was cleaned up before they left. The wiring was neat and tidy, the ground was levelled around the new AC unit. Their level of professionalism was laudable. On the way out, they even took a quick look at my other HVAC system and gave it a clean bill of health. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
Replace outdoor AC unit and custom fit new evaporator coil into existing air handler in the attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your review and thank you for the opportunity to work for you..

06/24/2016

Patricia M.

Rick called on the appointed day and gave me an approximate time he'd be at the house and he was there right on time. He went out and listened to the A/C, tuned it up and answered every question I asked. The whole thing took about 15 minutes and I had an additional 15 minutes of questions and he was gone. I will use the company again.

Description of Work
A/C tuneup

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello, we really appreciate your review!

12/14/2015

richard Z.

I called this company after I had had another company out about 3 days earlier for the same service. The first company had given me an estimate for needed repairs, nearly $1,000, and I wanted a second opinion. The technician from Specific showed up on time and was explained that another company had been out and I wanted a second estimate on the "supposed" needed repairs. The technician checked the concerns and said that no repairs were needed. Did the cleaning and tune up, which apparantly had not been done by the original company, and gave us a confident feeling about the condition of the furnace. I would recommend this company to anyone as they were punctual, efficient and, above all, honest.

Description of Work
Did a routine service and cleaning of my furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review, we were happy to help.

11/10/2015

Yvette S.

All went well. On time, attentive and did not go beyond requested service. Gave advise on changing filters timely and correct ones to use.

Description of Work
Service furnace for winter season

08/20/2015

Carmen Y.

I called on a Sunday they came out the next morning. He was professional and courteous he serviced my one unit that needed it but cleaned both of them

Description of Work
Cleaned and serviced my air conditioner units

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and your business!

07/15/2015

Brian L.

Very courteous and consultative to me about my options. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Fixed AC and installed new WIFI thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your review and your business!

06/29/2015

Luke H.

Andy was responsive, easy to talk to and did a great job explaining our options and reasons. Although we used another Angie's List contractor to replace our furnace and air conditioner, we would whole-heatedly recommend Andy and Specific. They were very close to other estimates that we received for comparable work (repair, replace options). Very nice folks to do business with.

Description of Work
Recently, the blower motor in our recently out of warranty high efficiency furnace stopped working. Andy from Specific came out to evaluate the problem as well as a series of small leaks in our air conditioning condenser unit. He provided us with a list of (good) recommendations. We appreciated the fact that he was punctual, helpful and was financially conservative in his approach, rather than strongly pushing to replace our furnace and A/C unit.

Thank you.

05/27/2015

Nurdan G.

I was given a time frame from 3-6 p.m. Andy arrived at 3:15. Very professional figured out the problem right away and was very courteous.

Description of Work
I had no power going to my AC unit. The tech fixed it and was very knowledgeable in what he was doing.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your review and your business!

04/22/2015

jeff K.

It turned out okay. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Specific Heating and Air Conditioning to work on our furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your business!

04/22/2015

Timothy H.

They did unbelievable work -- 100-percent perfect. He actually has done work for me a couple of times. He serviced the furnace and did a replacement part on the furnace. He also installed a humidifier. After he did mine I actually referred him to my mother and father and he installed a furnace for them as well. I though his pricing was overly fair. I did quote him out against a couple of other competitors and he was probably 25 to 30 percent cheaper.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review and appreciate your business!

04/20/2015

Vicki M.

It's fine. I found them through Angie's List. He calls back. He's on time. They had a part that had to be added, I guess there was a defect in the part and he called us to let us know and made arrangements to come over and put the part in without me calling him. I've recommended them to several people. I had three estimates and everybody was about the same. Their prices were competitive. Everything was good. I've already used them a couple of times.

Description of Work
We used Specific Heating and Air Conditioning. I had to have a new air conditioner and a new furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business!

11/08/2014

Nicole J.

Very professional and provided excellent tips on how to keep the furnace running well.

Description of Work
Furnace Inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review.