1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc.

Founded 1960 • With Angi since October 2005

4.4

17319 Queen Mary Ln.

Tinley Park, IL 60477

Seniors and military discounts, financing available.

08/11/2018

Gena L.

Jim was attentive to all our needs and very helpful with working with our insurance company. The work was done professionally with the best materials. When the work was completed the area was cleaned and the church looks like new. Jim stands behind his work and we would gladly use him again.

Description of Work
New roof and siding for Tabernacle Baptist Church, Maywood, IL

Category roofing, siding

01/07/2016

Phillip P.

02/11/2013

Jasmine M.

I was taking bids for the job and I?d seen a few other contractors within the past few days. They ALL had me wait for them to get back with me, to receive the quote either by email or phone. Some of them hadn't even gotten back to me yet. One of them sent out a non-contractor that couldn?t even get me a quote, but wanted to set up a new appointment to bring an actual contractor with him. Yeah, complete waste of time. I suppose this is the norm for this type of business (especially if they have a lot of business/jobs) but when you're looking to quickly find out the cost of your project (AND want to get the job started within a week) this can be a bit annoying & frustrating. I found 1st ABC on Angie?s List, called them and set up an appointment for the next day. The owner (James Halikas) came out and game me quote right on the spot. Which I REALLY appreciate. The quote he gave was also MUCH better than what I had received from the other contractors,not to mention he didn't suggest tearing my whole house apart (like some of the others) to get the job done. I guess that has to do with the 40 yrs of experience he mentioned. Well, I IMMEDIATELY went with them *ha*. They got started 3 days later on the roof (when the weather was above 40 degrees) the day after that they did the interior in a couple of hours. I was surprised at how quickly they finished, I thought it would take DAYS. The owner/foreman was very responsive & kept me posted on everything, as I was not present while they were working on my home. They were also very neat & clean. There were no scraps or debris left when they were done. As of today the roof is great and we've had a few MAJOR winter rain-storms, and there's no leaking what so ever. The owner also gave me an awesome quote on some MAJOR HVAC work I'm going to have done. I?ve been looking for a reliable contracting/remodeling company for a while. I?ve gone through several, and I?m so glad I found this one. Look forward to hiring them for many more projects.

Description of Work
(1.) ROOF - Rear pitched-roof (15'x9') was leaking - Installed fiberglass base (called "ice shield"); New flashing; New shingles; New gutters; Small area was repaired, rotted wood holding soffit; New soffit; Patched hole in stucco near soffit (2.) Repaired water damaged rafters[interior] (3.) Opened up a room by replacing a load bearing wall with beams.

Category remodeling, roofing

05/05/2010

Donna K.

Their price was very comparable to anyone else. They provided a lot of information before the job was even written up which a lot of the other companies we talked to did not provide as much information. We felt we knew what was going to happen before it happened. This was not our first roof we have ever had done, the first roof on this house, but not the first roof, so we had that to compare it against. They were very prompt with time. The work area was very clean. I think he subcontracted some of the people because on the work permit it had another company's name. They were very friendly and we had no problems with any kind of communication with anything. I would recommend them and if I ever have work done again, I would call them. Their price was pretty much the same as everyone else's, so I can't say it was great. It was what everyone else was quoting. When the guy came he was very friendly

Description of Work
1st American Builders of Chicago did a complete tear off of the roof and put in a cape cod with two openable skylights.

05/06/2009

TOM R.

We was very impressed. They came out to begin the project on time. They completed the entire project in one day. They were willing to do some minor add on work for no additional charge and they made sure to clean up after themselves very well. I believe that they are Polish speaking. The main foreman also spoke English, however I do no think anyone else did. I probably would've helped if the others did, but it was a minor issue because we could go through the foreman. They did such an impressive job with our roof that my neighbors decided to go with them as well.

Description of Work
1st American Builders of Chicago Incorporated came out to replace on our home.

10/06/2005

Jennifer A.

JIM CAME OUT AND WOULD ONLY BID ON THE ROUGH OUT PORTION OF THE JOB-POURING FOUNDATION, DOING STUCCO, GUTTERS, ETC. HE GAVE A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF A PRICE ON THE SPOT AND SEEMED LIKE HE COULD DO A FINE JOB. WE REALLY WANTED TO GO WITH ONE CONTRACTOR FOR THE JOB, AND SO WE WENT IN ANOTHER DIRECTION.

Description of Work
BUMP OUT WALLS IN KITCHEN AND COMBINE EXISTING KITCHEN AND SUN PORCH IN TO ONE LARGE EAT-IN KITCHEN.

Category home remodeling

Gilbert Gutters

Gilbert Gutters mission is to provide top quality work and build a relationship that's will last a lifetime! we will treat your home the way we treat our own let's use our years of experience that will add years to your home CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE ESTIMATE

Davis Construction & Roofing

At Davis Roofing & Construction, we're devoted to serving our friends and neighbors throughout Northeast Illinois. You won't find a better combination of quality and value for the best roofing services in Arlington Heights, Addison, Naperville, Darien, Wheaton, Schaumburg, Bloomingdale, IL, and the surrounding areas. The Proven Choice for the Best Roofing Services Over the years, we've worked hard to earn our reputation by delivering exceptional quality in everything we do. From the way we train our crews to the products we choose to use, we never compromise on our strict standards. It isn't always easy, but we believe the results speak for themselves. Along with our countless satisfied customers, we're proud of the recognition we've earned and the partnerships we've built along the way. Fully licensed, bonded, and insured Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator HomeAdvisor Top Rated Contractor Accredited and rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau National Roofing Contractors Association member

4 Mika

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today 6305186716 !

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Financing Available, PayPal

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc.

How is 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. overall rated?

1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. open?

1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. is open:

Sunday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

What payment options does 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. provide

1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Financing Available, PayPal

Does 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Does 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc.?

Yes, 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does 1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offer?

1st American Builders of Chicago, Inc. offers the following services: Additions, siding, roofs, decks, soffit, fascia, windows, kitchens, bathrooms, rec. rooms, HVAC, closets, masonry, patios, porches & gutters.