Wright Way Air Duct Cleaning

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2008

240 Green Ct

Streamwood, IL 60107

My name is Bruce Wright owner of Wright Way. I started Wright Way in 2001 to provide the consumer access to quality air duct, dryer vent and chimney sweep services at affordable prices. Wright Way is proud to have been awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Wright way is a Christian based company based on christian values. The company has grown well beyond our expectations by keeping the simple and right things first. Simple things that a lot of companies disregard, such as providing quality and affordable prices, treating the customer and their family members with respect, treating their home as if it were our own and addressing every question and concern the customer may have. Wright Way’s cleaning technique is superior to any other company. Many other companies will vacuum through one access point and pull all the dirt, dust and debris through that one access point, leaving behind up to half of the dust still in the vent. Wright Way goes to each individual vent, return and trunk lines individually. We spin high speed whips and use high powered gas vacuums to insure your ducts are perfectly cleaned every time, Guaranteed. After the ventilation system is clean we will fog anti-bacterial sanitizer throughout the entire system to eliminate any minor molding, bacteria and viruses in your ductwork. HAVE IT DONE THE RIGHT WAY WITH WRIGHT WAY AIR DUCT CLEANING. 8 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Extra charge for after-hours service applies. May contact through email. Award winning. Additional email - ibdawright1@wowway.com...

06/22/2017

Anita R.

The technician showed up on time and did a thorough job. He actually did things I had never seen the previous company do, and he explained along the way. He was courteous and professional. I will definitely be hiring them again.

Description of Work
I needed my dryer vent cleaned.

Category dryer vent cleaning

We appreciate your Business & kind comments. Thank You & God Bless Bruce Wright/ President Wright way Corp

05/05/2017

Jim B.

They did a good job, were professional and left our home in good shape.

Description of Work
Air Duct cleaning.

03/13/2017

Jane B.

These guys were excellent. They were on time, polite, friendly, professional, etc. They answered all my questions. They even added a new dryer connection at no charge. I would for sure use them again!! They even cleaned up my patio furniture after cleaning the dryer vent of lint and the bird's nest that was three feet in!! Don't look further, give Write Way a call.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning

01/31/2017

Stephen B.

Thomas and Patrick were quick, professional and clean. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Cleaned all air ducts, dryer vent, and chimney.

01/02/2017

Scott K.

Things started off well, with two technicians arriving on time and getting right to work. This changed when I noticed a cloud of dust in our upstairs hallway. One technician was cleaning the primary return duct with one hand while holding the end of the suction hose near it with his other hand. This technique obviously wasn’t containing the dust but I withheld saying anything at the time. Later, the same technician, now working by the furnace, pulled out a nearly-new fiberglass filter, now covered with a thick layer of dust, and commented that it had prevented dust from entering my furnace following their ‘sanitization’. I was never informed that my 2-week old furnace was going to be used for their cleaning operation but, again, withheld comment. He wanted to clean and re-use that filthy filter but I gave him a new one to use instead. The technicians left about 1 ½ hours after they arrived. My house was left with a layer of dust on everything and areas of debris around each supply register. The inside of my new furnace was now quite dusty, with piles of wet dust (see attached photo) near the filter. I vacuumed up what I could and then phoned Bruce at Wright Way. He agreed to stop by later that day to inspect things. He and the one technician vacuumed the top of the air conditioner A-coil and a portion of the return duct. Throughout this time, however, the technician said to me multiple times “I thought everything was OK before we left today”. This was making me very uncomfortable and was making an already frustrating situation even worse. Several attempts were required to make Bruce understand that I was really concerned about was the inside of the furnace, something that wasn’t going to be remedied with more duct cleaning. I explained what I really wanted was to have the furnace thoroughly inspected by an HVAC technician. Before leaving, Bruce agreed to “be in touch” with the HVAC company that installed my furnace and left me with the impression that he would cover the cost of an inspection. The furnace’s first heating cycle after the duct cleaning produced the most extreme burnt dust odor I’ve ever smelled, confirming my fears that a lot of dust had settled into the furnace. An HVAC inspection technician said the furnace’s blower wheel looked satisfactory but admitted there was no practical way to inspect the bottom side of the A-coil, where wet dust could have accumulated. I never got reimbursed for my out-of-pocket expense for that inspection. I watched quite a few duct cleaning videos on YouTube. The cleaning procedures shown (which differ from Wright Way’s process) were all nearly identical and guarantee minimal impact to the house, maximized duct cleaning and protection of the furnace from the cleaning operation. The process involves covering household items with tarps, hand vacuuming the duct entrances, cutting suction-hose-attachment holes in the ductwork adjacent to the furnace (one for supply side and one for return side) and closing all but one of the supply registers. The last two items ensure the duct being cleaned will be under a high negative pressure. I’m convinced that a positive outcome would have occurred had Wright Way followed these process steps. I’m a bit mystified why there are only glowing reviews for this company. Perhaps a different cleaning process was used for those reviewers. In hindsight, Bruce’s philosophy to quote without a house visit was a missed opportunity to meet face-to-face which, in turn, would have prompted specific questions regarding his cleaning process. I also have reservations regarding his pricing policy based solely on the number of furnaces – this penalizes customers living in small houses. Based on my frustrating experience, I can’t recommend this company.

Description of Work
Air duct and dryer vent cleaning

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

I received a call from this customer and on the same day brought both of our technicians back out there to investigate the customer concerns. There was a bit of dust that was vacuumed out of the bottom of the furnace after the cheap $1.50 furnace filter the customer was using. All the dust in the picture attached was cleaned we did not leave dirty as the picture depicts) This is common, no air duct cleaning system will pull everything out of a corner of a trunk line. (they don't make square rotating brushes) and once the furnace fan is turned on the some may get caught in the filter. The customer's comments that we did not communicate with the heating and air company is false. I talked with the owner and he told me the minuscule dust on his coil may have occurred before we arrived due to the inadequate furnace filter and running it with a dirty system 2 weeks before the cleaning. (I was told it would have been less than a teaspoon of dust). After talking with the customer, it was apparent that whoever came in to clean his ducts he was not going to be happy with it and was going to find issues to try to obtain a refund on the duct cleaning. When he did not get, it he left a poor review in retaliation. This is a flaw in the review system with Angie's list that in effect can affect a company's reputation without the true facts. Angie's lists policy is that a review cannot be removed once a member posts it no matter how false. This is one of the sole reasons why Wright Way will no longer be advertising with Angie's list. We pay $1000's of dollars each year to advertise with Angie's list (as does every advertising company, I'm guessing their main revenue) and recommend no other company advertise with them as well, until a better review process is put in place. Thank you to all our current and past Angie's list customers and May God Bless! Bruce Wright/President Wright Way Corp 847-975-3836

12/26/2016

Billy G.

Patrick and Andrew came at 8:00 am on the dot. They were respectful and explained everything they were doing. No additional/hidden fees. Job well done!

Description of Work
Air Duct Cleaning & Dryer Vent Cleaning

12/05/2016

David K.

they were disrespectful, careless, unprofessional, incredibly disturbing

Description of Work
dryer vent cleaning

Category dryer vent cleaning

This is not our account. We have no record of Wright Way ever servicing this name or address. Please check your records & remove this post. If you have any questions please call me or email me with A response. May God Bless! Bruce Wright/President Wright Way Corp 847-975-3836 wearethewright1 at wowwway.com

12/01/2016

Craig C.

Professional, great service and they knew exactly what they were doing. Could not have been more placed with this service.

Description of Work
Whole house duct cleaning

11/27/2016

Brian S.

Patrick and Andrew were punctual and did a great job with cleaning and helping with questions , Patrick was very knowledgeable with issues at hand which he suggested multiple remedies.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning plus they sanitized.

11/26/2016

Stacy V.

Patrick and Andrew arrived on time and were very professional with cleaning and sanitizing the air ducts throughout the house. They did a fantastic job!

Description of Work
Clean and sanitize air ducts and vents

11/17/2016

Ellen S.

Excellent. Patrick and Jessica were very knowledgeable, conscientious and courteous. They explained the process and went about their work. A couple times during the cleaning, they asked us to look at something they thought we should see. When they were through they asked me to check and see if everything was to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Air vents, returns and trunk lines cleaned

11/13/2016

KIMBERLY P.

Patrick and Jessica showed up at 8:00 AM prompt. They were very professional. They explained everything to us before the work was performed. We were extremely satisfied with the work they did. I would highly recommend this company and their excellent customer service!

Description of Work
Duct work cleaned.

11/09/2016

Jeffrey H.

Patrick and Jessica arrived promptly and set right to work. First we toured the house and Patrick explained the process and procedures they would follow. He also explained the need to cut an access hole into the trunk, how it would be done, and how it would be closed up afterwards. They did a great job working around the house in a manner that was convenient for my family and dealing with some piles of kids toys that needed to be moved out of the way. One vent was troublesome that was just screwed into the drywall and Patrick went out of his way to resolve the issue. On their way out Patrick explained the need to replace my dryer vent duct that was made of plastic and was in bad shape. Thank you Patrick and Jessica!

Description of Work
I've lived in my current house for about 5 years and my children have environmental allergies. Duct cleaning was recommended to reduce allergy symptoms, particularly as the weather gets colder.

10/18/2016

D J.

Great. Patrick and Jess were able to come early and worked well as a team to accomplish the tasks. They were very conscientious. My neighbors thought the vacuum outside was part of our Halloween decorations. Lol.

Description of Work
Whole house duct and dryer vent cleaning.

10/11/2016

Brian C.

It went well, they were in and out in about 3 hours. Thomas and Patrick were very professional. They explained all that needed to b done, and went about work quickly. All intake and return vents were sucked out, and they opened a portion of vents in the basement to clear obstructions. (previous owners had dogs) In clean-up, they explained the additional measures they took to clear the furnace. They gave us tips for future care of the system, and tips on how to access difficult areas. All great, house no longer smells like dog. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning in an old house, recently purchased

10/07/2016

Aj S.

Patrick and Tom were very professional and courteous. They gave me a heads up before arriving. They went out of their way to put everything back and to disturb as little as possible. I found them to be respectful of my wishes and they explained everything step by step. This was my first experience with air duct cleaning so I can't compare price with quality of the work but I was very pleased with everything.

Description of Work
Clean all air ducts and dryer vent.

09/30/2016

Christine H.

Went very well. Extremely happy with the crew - Tom and Patrick arrived on time, explained the process, and were very considerate of my newly finished wood floor. They even saved me money by letting me know my chimney is so clean it doesn't need work at that point. Really appreciate their honesty. This is a great company and I highly recommend it. Owner Bruce is also helpful and nice.

Description of Work
Whole house air duct cleaning; chimney cleaning; dryer duct cleaning

09/19/2016

Georjean C.

Tom Liuzzi and Frank were a wonderful team; very professional, efficient and informative. I was very pleased with the work and the results. Tom was a great representative of the company and made sure that everything was put back just so. I would definitely recommend them and would use them again.

Description of Work
cleaning of air ducts

09/07/2016

Jane S.

Overall, the experience went very well! From the initial phone call and the patient man on the other end explaining how the process worked, as I never had vents cleaned before, to the arrival of Jessica and Patrick who called saying they'd be about 30 min. early and then diligently worked explaining the process as they went. The best part of Jessica and Patrick is they genuinely seemed to like working with one another. Every house is different and when they ran across something unexpected they worked together to trouble shoot to find the best solution and it appeared Patrick would take the time to use his experience and explain to Jessica what they needed to do making practical experience a great opportunity for training.

Description of Work
All air ducts in the house cleaned and sterilized. Dryer vent cleaned.

09/06/2016

Irma S.

Thomas and Patrick arrived on time, they were very professional, explained to us what they would do. They cleaned the dryer vent and made sure we had good air flow. I would highly recommend and will use them again. Thank you for a job well done.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

08/29/2016

Rachel J.

Patrick and Jesse were right on time for our appointment. We have a small house which can make accessibility somewhat difficult, but they were diligent in preforming what needed to be done. Patrick was able to explain how they would proceed and why, which was helpful These are two hard workers, and they preformed the work to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

We appreciate your Business & kind comments. Thank You & God Bless Bruce Wright/ President Wright [Member Information Removed] Corp

08/18/2016

Victor J.

I am really pleased with the work that Wright Way performed. Bruce answered my call on a Sunday and set up the appointment for later the same week. Thomas, the lead technician arrived a couple of minutes early and started work right on time. He explained what he was going to do and then worked efficiently and quickly. I would definitely hire Wright Way again.

Description of Work
Air Duct and Dryer Duct Cleaning

08/01/2016

Susan M.

They did a great job! Thomas L. and Patrick E. were friendly, respectful and knowledgeable! They explained what they were going to do every step of the way. I appreciated that they kept me informed. They were very efficient! They cleaned all my room vents and my ducts. For the amount of work they did I felt the price was very reasonable. Thank you!

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning

07/26/2016

Joel M.

Everything went great. This was the first time we'd ever had this done in the 11 years we've owned the home. I'm pretty sure it was never done and the house is 60 years old. Patrick, the crew leader, worked his butt off. He was super thorough, explained everything, seemed to really take pride in his work. He and the other crew member, Angel were both very polite and respectful. They asked me many times if I had any questions or needed anything else. I was apprehensive about getting ducts cleaned because I had heard that other places are scammers but I found Wright Way on Angie's List and they were great. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Cleaned our town home vents (12 vents plus 2 returns) and dryer vent.

07/24/2016

David S.

Excellent job! Patrick and Angel called ahead requesting to arrive early (which I appreciated). Onsite they surveyed the job with me, confirmed the quoted price, and got started. Both of them were courteous, polite and expeditious in their work. I will use this company next time duct cleaning is due. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Whole house duct cleaning, dryer vent line and chimney sweep.