Titan Plumbing & Drain Services

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2011

1830 Wallace Ave Ste 217

St Charles, IL 60174

Serving Kane and Du Page counties. License number - 058-196962. What you can EXPECT from your Titan Service Technician: A phone call to alert you when he is on the way to your home or business. To present himself in a Titan uniform and arrive in a fully stocked truck in order to minimize your inconvenience. To wipe his feet when he arrives and put on shoe covers to help keep your floors clean. To be highly trained, as well as drug tested and background checked. To be courteous and present to you as many options as possible to help keep your plumbing system up to code and in working order. To provide GUARANTEED prices upfront for the work proposed no matter how long the job takes. To warranty not only the products that he has installed, but his workmanship as well. To accept all major credit cards, cash, or checks for services performed....

10/12/2020

Dan S.

Excellent. We had a few leaks due to a poor job by another plumber. They had installed joints instead of cutting new pipe to fit. It was a pretty simple job, but work was done quickly and professionally. Titan also installed a quiet check valve. Haven't had any more leaks and it's very quiet. We're very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replace sump pump pipes

Category wells

05/23/2020

Chris T.

I am so glad Titan was able to come out on short notice. We are to replace our washing machine and upon inspection of water shutoffs, the hot water valve was seized. As I attempted to loosen it the hose to washer fell into pieces while hot water sprayed out all over me. They were at my home in less than 30 minutes and so happy to get my water back on. And now we are ready for our washer install! Thanks Titan and Jon!

Description of Work
Seized Hot Water Shutoff

12/07/2019

Kurtis M.

Excellent! Terry and John worked quickly and were very polite.

Description of Work
I needed a drain cleaned out and the hoses replaced on my washing machine

06/04/2019

Dianne C.

Jon and Mike, together with their supervisor, were knowledgeable and professional and did a thorough job both inside and outside of my home. I appreciated the clean-up after the work was complete. I have relied on this company for several years, and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed to have my main sewer line hydrojetted.

11/03/2017

Patrick C.

Karl Strittar-Service Technician showed up on a timely basis and immediately started accessing the problems. Karl reviewed all of my options and made me feel comfortable that he was a good person and knew what he was doing. Karl finished his work and reviewed everything with me. He cleaned up the work area and left.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking hot water tank by replacing the T & P valve and replaced a valve on main water line.

11/02/2017

Linda R.

It took 2 days for all to be resolved but we are in good working order now. It started out as a nightmare but they stayed on task and we were pleased with the finished job. They were so nice during this and even though I wanted to cry I made it through.

Description of Work
Excavate clogged sewer line, replace pipe and clean out to street

09/20/2017

Dave S.

All 3 jobs done quickly and efficiently. Have used them before. They are expensive, but very good.

Description of Work
Replace outdoor faucet, water heater pressure drain, work on an indoor faucet.

04/28/2017

Krystle A.

04/20/2017

David B.

They came out and charged more for estimate then what they quoted me. I found out on my own with research that the repair on the water heater was a $9.00 part. They gave me a $2,000 estimate for the repair or to replace it.

Description of Work
They came to give a quote for water heater work.

Category water heater repair

11/30/2016

Donna B.

things went very well. They worked diligently to get the mess cleaned up from the overflow of the sump pump, and it was not a pretty sight down there in the basement. We were very grateful for their hard work under such messy conditions. We have used Titan before and will most definitely call them again if needed. .

Description of Work
First of all, the two repairmen were here on time and worked long and hard to fix our huge problem in the basement of our home. Our sump pump was the culprit, and we needed a new one installed. They explained everything in detail to us as to what went wrong and what they needed to do to get things back to working order. They showed us how the original work was done (very shoddily) and fully explained what they had to do to get things done properly.

09/06/2016

Jack M.

Description of Work
.....

Category water heater repair

06/23/2016

Nelson S.

Description of Work
Very punctual and professional. Tommy called us a few days before the appointment with an estimate window of arrival then followed up the day before confirming the time of arrival. He got here on time, did the work we asked and within his estimated budget!

01/11/2016

Barbara S.

I felt I was overcharged and almost taken advantage of. I felt the price was very unreasonable and I will not be using them again.

Description of Work
Rebuilt the inside of my toilet.

Category plumbing

We are greatly disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations as a plumbing services provider. If on occasion a customer has any concerns or requires clarification about our services, they typically reach out to us to address the issue so that they can achieve their desired result rather than post a negative review with little or no supporting commentary that would help the reader as well as ourselves as a company to have a more reliable gauge for the experience to determine exactly if and where we might have failed you. Strong Customer Service is very important to us and it should be noted up front that on the day we were notified by Angie's List that you posted this review, we reached out to you immediately for more clarity about your experience so that we may possibly remedy your concerns. It was our understanding after our conversation with you that your review may have been reactionary and that after you had time to discuss the matter with friends and other confidants that the price that you were quoted and ultimately paid for the work that was performed was more in line with prevailing rates than you first thought. Not to put words in your mouth, but at the end of the conversation, you left us with a very clear impression that you would revisit your review to at least provide more clarity to the reader about your experience and possibly adjust your scoring. As of this writing and, as of Feb. 4th, the second and last time we reached out to you and received your assurance of your intent to revisit and amend your review we have seen nothing that has demonstrated your intention to do so. Therefore, we have prepared our response to your review as is presented and if, Ms. [Member Name Removed], you feel that in any way the information we provide is inaccurate, we encourage you to respond to us via this medium to enlighten not only our company, but others who have read your review. Our service technician arrived at your home on 01/05/16 to address your concerns regarding two toilets that were performing poorly. His inspection revealed that both did have mechanical issues but only one was allowing water to pass from the tank to the bowl. Because of the age of the toilets you asked for quotes to replace the toilets and a quote to repair the toilet that was leaking into the bowl (scope of work included replacement of the toilet's fill valve and replacement of the seal on the flush valve). Per your statement of events with our customer service representative, you said our technician did follow our company protocol and quote you up front what your investment would be for the above options. Upon receipt of that information he ultimately received written authorization from you to repair the leaking toilet at a cost of $272.33 with a one year warranty on the repair. Because the technician had all of the parts he needed to perform the work in the fully stocked truck he arrived in, he was able to complete the task and give you back your day within a little over 90 minutes of arriving at your home. The fact that you extended our company a B for quality is recognized by us as a potential ray of light in this apparent rift. You extend us a D for price, yet you offer no equivalence as to what you are comparing our price for the work to, (ex. other written quotes). This was a non-emergency call and therefore it is hard to recognize, nor have you clarified to us, how you may have felt any duress when making your decision whether or not you wanted to proceed with any of the work proposed. For Punctuality, you gave us a C, yet our service truck arrived at your home at 10:40 a.m. (well within the appointed 10 a.m.- noon window of time that you were scheduled for. The technician also contacted you when he was on his way to alert you when he was nearing your home. Although you verbally expressed that our technician was polite and courteous, quoted you upfront for any work he was proposing, and was fully prepared by having with him the tools and material required to complete the job, you offered a C for Professionalism and Responsiveness without including any insight as to how we could have provided you a better experience. Any customer that Titan Plumbing has the privilege to provide service for should ALWAYS expect from our company these things: A highly professional, well-groomed, and courteous technician who will arrive in an easily recognizable stocked service truck and company uniform. The technician will assess your plumbing concerns with you and, if possible, propose several solutions for repair or replacement as well as provide a written quote of your expected financial investment for each solution should you decide to proceed with work. At that point you will have the ability to ask even more detailed questions and then ultimately decide if you want to proceed at that time with any of the proposed work. If we receive your approval to perform work, then you should expect to see it performed using quality parts, tools, and materials in a timely (convenient for you) and workmanlike manner and expect our work area to be cleaned upon completion. Regarding your comment that you felt you were overcharged for the work, we would humbly suggest as we would to all our customers that are uncomfortable with a quote to seek out other service providers for additional quotes. Not only is it an opportunity to compare companies based on price, but you can also gauge the overall level of customer service you may expect to receive as well as your confidence in the ability of the person these companies send out to you to perform reliable, quality work and to treat you and your home with the proper respect while on your premises. We are probably not the cheapest plumbing company that you can find, Ms. [Member Name Removed], yet by no means are we the most expensive. As a company, we choose to secure our reputation based on prompt, quality workmanship and attentive customer service. Again, we are disappointed that you were not satisfied with our services and encourage you to provide more clarity as to how we could have better met or exceeded your expectations. Thank you, though, for giving us the opportunity to earn your trust and your business.

05/08/2015

Lou C.

See 5/16/14 review on file

Description of Work
See 5/1/14 review on file

01/26/2015

Joe E.

They were professional. They left the right lines in the right place. They helped me along the way to make it convenient so that I was able to install the new sink facet myself.

Description of Work
They replaced some values for us. They also gave us a quote to replace a sink faucet.

08/29/2014

Maria D.

Description of Work
After making several attempts to schedule an appointment, the company informed me that we were out of their area. They explained that they were under the impression that we were located in the suburbs. Therefore, we cancelled.

07/21/2014

Kathy K.

replaced all 3 toilets with Handicap toilets with new soft close seats, wax ring, bolts and braided s.s. flex supply line. Built new toilets and disposed of all old toilets. Purchased new Gerber elongated toilets that are clog free, comfort height and water saving features. Jason was dispatched to our home to inspect a leaking toilet. After review Jason recommended the new water saving comfort height toilets. Jason was very knowledgeable regarding the product and friendly. After much discussion with myself and my husband the decision was made to replace all 3 toilets which now have a 2 year warranty on the product and labor. We would recommended Titan Plumbling and Jason for any plumbing problem you might have.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 toilets in the house.

03/31/2014

Marion P.

Titan plumbing is our go to plumbing company. Nohting is better than knowing who you are going to call when a plumbing issue comes up. The have done quite a bit of work in our home the past 2-3 years. The quality adn service level are always tremendous. I gave them a B for pricing but am waffling between a B and C as the last job for the toilet and garbage disposal came in quite high. they were in the home so I paid but was a little disappointed in the price. to move and remount toilet was around 300.00 and to put a new garbage disposal in (labor and disposal ran about $600.00). A little steep.

Description of Work
over the past few years titan plumbing has changed several plumbing handles in our home, installed a water purification system, installed a new sump with backup sump, installed new garbage disposal, fixed loose and leaky toilet etc.

05/25/2013

Glenn S.

I needed to replace the kitchen sink faucet and purchased a replacement from Lowes. This was to be a do-it-yourself project, but ran into complications. The cold water shutoff valve under the sink began to leak as I closed it, and the hot water valve could not be closed at all. I figured I would remove the valves and replace them with new ones after shutting off the main valve in the basement and draining all the water lines. However, the valves would not budge, and I was afraid if I applied too much force, the pipe ends might shear off. Also, I could not remove one of the plastic nuts that secured the old faucet. It was time to call a plumber. I called Titan around 3:30 pm on a Saturday. Pam answered the phone and said they could be at the house between 5:30 and 7:30. At 7:00 pm, Pam called back and said their crew ran into complications on another job, and wanted to know if we could reschedule for early Sunday morning. Since I had no water to flush toilets or take a shower, I needed the problem fixed quickly. Pam understood and a plumber was at the house around 9:00 pm. After explaining Titan’s pricing policy (and securing my approval), the plumber went to work and had both shutoff valves replaced in about 10 or 15 minutes. He used a special tool that removed the old valves without damaging the pipe ends. As a courtesy, he removed the stubborn plastic nut that secured the old faucet. I say courtesy, because removal of the nut was not in the scope of work. He had a special tool for that too. Titan’s pricing policy is based on a fixed cost for a specific scope of work. Some plumbing companies operate on a time and materials basis, which means their estimates may need to be revised if the job runs in into problems and requires more time. When the plumber arrived, he had a book that identifies numerous job scopes and the associated costs. The replacement of stop valves under a sink was $298 regardless of the time involved. Sometimes a fixed price works in favor of the customer if the job runs into complications. If the job goes smoothly with no problems, a fixed cost may be more expensive, as the company has to compensate for those jobs that run into complications. The total “stay time” for this particular job was just under 1 hr, so the cost was a little on the high side. Like other plumbing companies, Titan charges a dispatch fee of $19. Since I had a $30 coupon from the Yellow Pages, this fee was essentially waived with the balance used to reduce the job cost. Titan did a quality job. They were very professional and were very responsive to my needs.

Description of Work
Replaced hot and cold water shut off valves under the kitchen sink.

01/09/2013

James B.

The toilet leak seemed to be repaired for about 24 hours, but then it started again. I called Titan and asked if someone could come out and do the replacement option and if I could be credited $50 for the adjustment work that was ineffective. I was told no because the adjustment was made on an existing part and therefore had no warranty. So, I paid them $50 + $19 trip charge and they did not stand by their work. I will be taking my business elsewhere and I encourage you to do the same.

Description of Work
I called them to repair a leaking toilet. One of their professionals, Josh, came out to look at it. He said that he would normally replace the part causing the leak at a cost of $325, but he thought he could adjust the existing part for $50 and that could solve the problem. I asked him to proceed with the adjustment and he did.

02/29/2012

Kathy G.

We had a terrible vibrating sound in the wall after the toilet was flushed and the tank was refilling. I knew this was either the water supply valve or a washer in the fill valve inside the tank (I did my research). There was also a secondary issue that had existed ever since I replaced the toilet in that bathroom about 18 months ago. The new ceramic tile we had installed was quite thick as was the base of the new toilet. I used the existing flange screws even though I knew in the back of my mind they were too short because you could just barely get one turn of the nut when you seated the toilet over the screws. We just sort of lived with a bit of rocking of the toilet because I really thought that replacing the flange screws was outside my skill level. Sam called when he was 15 minutes out. He arrived in a clearly marked truck that was fully stocked and was wearing a uniform that clearly indicated who he worked for. When I opened the door he greeted me with a handshake. I explained the 2 situations, and he recommended a new quarter-turn water supply valve and, as I suspected, longer flange screws. He provided an estimate prior to doing the work. It seemed like a lot of money for what needed to be done but in truth not more than I expected in terms of plumbing related services which, let's face it, are always pricey. Throughout the service he showed me various things and gave me various tips in the event I replace any toilets in the future, etc. He was AWESOME ! Bing, bang, boom...the entire job was done in no time and there wasn't an excess of water on the floor as I feared. He cleaned the floor and the entire work area before he left. He even tolerated our 2 dogs "helping" frequently (they are incorrigible !). I would definitely both recommend Titan and use them again. He was very professional and knew his stuff.

Description of Work
Toilet water supply valve replaced and toilet reseated with longer flange screws installed to allow for better attachment of toilet to floor with no toilet rocking.

Category drain cleaning

10/13/2011

Edward R.

My sink backed up and the disposal stopped working so my kitchen was filled with old food and smelled awful! My husband was out of town, so I needed help, and fast! The dispatch was very helpful and friendly, and I was pleasantly surprised that they would be able to come and fix the drain that day. The service tech called when he was on his way and arrived right on time. He was very professional and fixed the problem! It cost more than I had expected, but I had tried to clear the drain myself with Draino, so he had to do a lot of careful removal because of the chemicals that were now in the water. Overall, I was very happy with their service and extremely grateful!!

Description of Work
backed up water removed and flushed down the toilet because of chemicals. Drain cleared and sink cleaned.

06/21/2011

Gerald C.

The original pump failed just before 5 pm on Wednesday, June 15, 2011. I called Titan shortly after 5 pm. By 5:15 pm I received a return call from Sam informing me that he was finishing a job North of me, but would get over to me ASAP. Sam arrived before 7 pm, identified the problem, and offered me a choice of solutions. I choose the StormPro S50. Sam had one and quot;on the truckand quot;, installed it along with the ION switch and new check valve, and was on his way by roughly 7:30 pm.

Description of Work
The sanitary sump pump was removed and replaced with a heavy duty StormPro S50 sump pump with ION switch and new quiet check valve below existing ball valve.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Bright Home Remodeling Inc.

Bright Home Remodeling specializes in drywall, mudding, sanding, painting, interior and exterior, deck restoration, powerwashing, roofing, backsplash, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, vynal, hardwood, laminate floorings sanding and refinishing floors. We have been in this business for over 12+years we work along side out customers to ensure that their dream project is how the envisioned it to be.

Armbrust Plumbing Heating & AC Inc

Armbrust Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning is an Illinois Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Generator, and furnace repair, service, replacement and maintenance company located in Dupage County (also serving Kane County). Armbrust will send you only the best plumber or technician to fix your plumbing problem, perform your air conditioner repair, or address your gas or propane (LP) furnace or water heater repair. We also perform all air conditioner replacement, furnace replacement, boiler replacements, generator installation, and tankless hot water heaters installations for both commercial and residential systems in Wheaton IL 60187, Wheaton IL 60189, Glen Ellyn IL 60137, Carol Stream IL 60188, Naperville IL 60540 Naperville IL 60563, Naperville IL 60564, Napervillle IL 60565, Naperville 60566, Naperville 60567, Winfield IL 60190, Warrenville IL 60555, Lombard IL 60148, Batavia IL 60510, Geneva IL 60134, and St Charles IL 60174. To set-up a repair service estimate or replacement estimate, call 630-668-6273 directly (or the number listed above anytime, 24 hours a day). Armbrust is an authorized factory dealer of many brands and services all furnace, AC, humidifier, filter, thermostat, and water heater brands including Carrier, Bryant, Payne, Amana, Amana Distictions, Trane, Lennox, Rheem, Ruud, Armstrong, Tempstar, Comfortmaker, Heil, Arcoaire, Whirlpool, Tappan, Crown, Frigidaire, Gibson, Goodman, Lochinvar, Maytag, Weil McLain, A O Smith, Bradford White, Kohler, American Standard, Generac, Generalair, Guardianaire UV light, Aprilaire, Honeywell, White Rodgers, Dynamic, Zoeller, Hydromatic, and Glenntronic pumps. Armbrust is a recognized Chamber of Commerce member with a Better Business Bureau rating of A+ who provides installation and service of overhead sewer, backup sump pump, and ejector pump systems. We also perform faucet repair and replacement for many brands such as Kohler, Moen, Delta, Grohe, Hans Grohe, Price Phister, and Gerber.

Milestone Cabinetry & Interiors, Inc.

Milestone Cabinetry & Interiors, Inc. is a custom cabinet builder, focusing on kitchen and bathroom designs and remodels.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Residential Services: Tankless and standard water heater systems Sump pumps and Backup Systems Ejector Pumps Clogged Sewers and Drains Opened Tree Root Removal and Prevention Sewer Repair and Cleanout Installation Sinks, Tubs, Toilets, and Faucets Water Conservation Flood Control Systems Leak Diagnosis and Repair Garbage Disposals Frozen Pipes Thawed Water and Drain Line Repair Water Softeners and Treatment Gas Line Installation, Repair and Leak Detection