Big Wrench Plumbing & Sewer Contractor

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2013

Big Wrench Plumbing & Sewer Contractor, in South Holland, IL, is the leading plumber serving Harvey, Calumet City, Lansing, Thornton, Dolton, Homewood, Chicago and surrounding areas since 2008. We specialize in residential and commercial plumbing and sewer services, sink and faucet installation and repair, preventative maintenance and much more. For all your plumbing needs, contact Big Wrench Plumbing & Sewer Contractor in South Holland....

A Service Provider's profile image

+44 more images

plumbers (47)drain cleaning (10)well & water pump repair (3)water heaters (3)sewer cleaning (2)drain pipe installation (2)

01/18/2020

Paul R.

Big Wrench was prompt, professional and knowledgeable of the problem. They resolved the problem right away. They also answered all my plumbing questions. Excellent job.

Description of Work
clear a clog from bathroom to grease trap.

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

02/04/2019

Marian and Wilber F.

Inspect and assess the situation, showed my husband on how to turn on and off the water supply on our water heater, and they will come back to cut the old pipe that we have and replace it with copper piping. They did an excellent Job, "A" Rating for Big Wrench. on time and responsive, everything is "A", very professional. we will use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
Inspect and assess the situation of our water heater, and they cut the old pipe that we have and replace it with copper piping

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

12/19/2018

Bruce S.

From making appointment to working with us on a time to arrive at our home...very professional and friendly. Byran arrived as agreed, performed service necessary to correct leak..Ms. Jordan called to confirm scheduled appt...wonderfully friendly! Will definitely call again and would also recommend Byran and Big Wrench Plumbing!

Description of Work
Pipe leaking in laundry room.

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

10/26/2018

W. E.

No follow-up, nada, nothing. Just an exercise in frustration. They are nice guys but lack in the customer service part of their business. Can't recommend.

Description of Work
Needed quote for a big job.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

10/10/2018

DIANE S.

We've now used Byran from Big Wrench for two very similar jobs, nasty fixes in the very tight crawlspace of our building in N Lawndale. First job we'd already gotten an estimate from a N side plumber we'd worked with before, but their price seemed very high and they didn't really seem to want to do the job. Luckily we found Byran. He took a careful look at the situation and gave a much lower price, which is exactly what he charged. On each job, Byran had to squeeze between joists through an access hole cut into the floor of a utility closet to get to the stacks. On the second job he had to lie on his back under the joists and work with his left hand while his right passed tools and materials over his chest. I watched him work both times (helped a little by passing tools etc) and was impressed at how careful and methodical he was, not just solving the immediate problem but also making it easier to do any future work (rodding etc.) Big Wrench is a one-man shop so bear that in mind, he can't answer the phone while his hands are full of hydraulic cement. Despite that though, I have found him very responsive. Byran is our go-to guy for plumbing, he's more than proven himself. Quality work at a very reasonable price. We also like companies where you deal direct with the owner. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Repair broken stacks, rod lines, install cleanouts

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

03/27/2018

Thomas P.

They do good job for a very reasonable price & that makes me happy I would certainly hire them again as necessary

Description of Work
They serviced the people in 7631 Yates Blvd on the 3 floor that had a bathroom sink re-grouted & resealed

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

08/27/2017

Adrian C.

He quickly identified the issue, recommended I get a new faucet, which I did, and installed in under 30 minutes. Issue resolved. Thanks. Fee of 225.00 does not include the cost of the faucet I bought

Description of Work
Bad Leaks under kitchen sink

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

08/08/2017

Pirjo J.

fine, we picked out the water heater we wanted,,,,we up graded

Description of Work
new water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

08/02/2017

Howard N.

They were pretty good. I think it was a little expensive. They cleaned up behind themselves. They came right out.

Description of Work
They put in a clean out plug and unclogged my sewage drain.

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

02/23/2017

Phillip P.

Deron fixed the icemaker and garbage disposal. He fixed the toilet base and showed me how to install the toilet. I appreciate it greatly when someone shows me how to do something I can handle - I never installed a toilet and wanted to learn how to do so. He broke down the process so I understand how to do it.

Description of Work
Stop water from draining down into freezer - disabled icemaker, but water would freeze, thaw, and we'd have water on the kitchen floor. We recently had laminate installed and the water compromised a couple planks (covered nicely by a mat). Help with garbage disposal stopped working and frequent drain clogs. Repair cracked toilet base.

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

12/31/2016

paul S.

Never returned my call. Don't waste your time trying this company

Description of Work
Needed a leaked fixed and shower work.

Work Completed On 12/31/2016

08/09/2016

Lucille M.

We called and they showed up with 2 hours so was real happy with that. Our downstairs toilet backed up. He came in tried to unclog it from the toliet but it didn't work so he went to the main drain and was able to get it cleared. He cleaned up after the work was done. let was backed up.

Description of Work
Our downstairs toliet and tub were backed up.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

08/09/2016

Lucille M.

They set a time but was running late but did call me to let me know and asked if it was ok to come later, which was no problem. They came in checked the drain and then checked if we had direct access to it from our basement which we did not, so they had to work in a small space going through one of the kitchen cabinets. They use a mini vac to get any excess water with the intial opening of the valve then they started using a snake. Well they broke their snake and had to go get another one. It was about 30 minutes. While they were gone took a peak in the cabinet & and what a mess! But they returned with another snake a was able to clear the clog. They did a great clean up of everything! Was able to get a 10% senior discount as well as used a 10% discount coupon since I was a member of Angie's list. The only thing that was not so professional was one of them was on his cell holding person conversations not once but a few times.

Description of Work
I had a clogged kitchen sink and they had to rod it out.

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

08/08/2016

Joann L.

Guy answered phone promptly. Called and asked for a price/ estimate for work. Cost was $185.00 which I felt was too much as I had called other places which were $20-$30 cheaper.

Description of Work
Unclogg bathroom sink

07/11/2016

LaShana O.

Very professional and customer friendly. I'm very satisfied with my service and will use them again.

Description of Work
I had a sewer gas problem on the main floor in the powder room and in the upstairs bathroom for over a year. I had several plumbers out and no one could figure out how to fix the issue. Big wench plumbers came out and fixed the issue. Byran, reset the toilets on all three floors. One toilet had to have the flange reset. He also had to open the wall in the powder room to replace two broken pipes.

Work Completed On 04/29/2016

12/17/2015

Sharron D.

Very good. Only complaint,which was noted many months later, pipe was not tightened all the way. No problems since then

Description of Work
Unclogged bath tub drain. Found hole in pipe, replaced and drained outside drain.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/24/2014

11/08/2015

Shauna M.

He was able to come by a day after I contacted him and was very professional. He noticed some debris in our faucet and that immediately fixed the water pressure. Byran gave us a fair quote to improve the overall water flow of hot water in our house and we will likely be calling him back to repair that.

Description of Work
Byran stopped by for a consultation because we were having issues with water pressure in the basement shower.

Work Completed On 11/07/2015

10/17/2015

Monica Y.

Byran and his team were very professional from the beginning up until the very end. They were on time as promised and quick to assess the problem. I will definitely use them in the future. Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen faucet.

Work Completed On 10/16/2015

09/07/2015

Lorenzo M.

He was professional and on time! Provided me with an written estimate of all repairs.

Description of Work
Provided plumbing inspection for realestate sale.

Work Completed On 08/08/2015

08/10/2015

Juan M.

Recommended these guys to my parents after finding them on Angie's List. They came out noon the same day and worked very h****** their bathtub leak. They also cleaned up after working on their grease trap downstairs. Polite, prompt, and gave a reasonable quote based on the job, not number of hours. They were under the gun as this was all for a home inspection for the sale of their home, so the quick and reasonably priced service came very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Repaired bathtub leak and cleaned grease trap.

Work Completed On 07/14/2015

08/10/2015

sunil A.

Very professional and was reasonable on price and the work was done correctly

Description of Work
proivder did a clean out

Work Completed On 08/02/2015

07/19/2015

Laurie F.

xNo complaints at all. A couple of things were noteworthy. We presumed that an ejector pump was broken and would need replacement, but Big Wrench first explored the possibility that it wasn't working because of an electrical problem. It's always nice when a contractor doesn't immediately default to the full replacement/high cost option. The pump did need replacing as we suspected. The charge was considerably lower than other prices we were quoted. We wanted two toilets and one faucet fixture checked, and got a price quote for all of that plus the pump. After that price quote, Big Wrench added a check of a third toilet and three more faucet fixtures for no extra charge. All done quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Replaced an ejector pump for a basement bathroom. Replaced a toilet valve. Snaked three toilets. Adjusted sink faucets.

Work Completed On 07/18/2015