JNJ Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2007

651 Martin Dr

South Elgin, IL 60177

At JNJ Heating and Air Conditioning, we're proud of our decade of service to the tri-city area and look forward to helping you with your air conditioning and heating needs. We're pleased to serve both residential and commercial customers; our team is prepared to help you with the sales, service, and installation of the comfort system that is ideal for your home or business. And be sure to ask JNJ Heating and Air Conditioning for a free estimate. Whether it's a new installation or routine service, our factory-trained technicians provide the expertise your comfort depends on. And at JNJ Heating and Air Conditioning, we repair all makes and models. If a repair is needed, we will give you all of your options so you will know the price before we start and can decide what is right for you. Our clean, professional technicians will set you at ease, and we guarantee to do the work right the first time. We are licensed and insured, and offers extended warranty programs. We have flexible financing options so that you can choose the payment method that fits your life, and we offer free estimates on replacements of your equipment. Finally, we service ALL brands of equipment. When you invite JNJ into your home, you will encounter not only expertly-trained technicians, but also people who are trained to deliver a tailored and unique service experience. This includes treating you and your home with respect....

06/24/2022

Aaron C.

I might be getting tricked by this place and they are playing an elaborate prank on me. I am a VIP member of their service, so quarterly I get some free services done. Been with them for more than 5 years. It all starts with a technician doing a routine service on my furnace. The say the drip plate needs replacing. Ok, so they say they will order the parts. Months go by, I hear nothing. I email asking to do the work. Again nothing. I move on. Fast forward to new quarterly service. New tech says "oh no the drip plate doesn't need service, you need a deep clean." Ok $500 later I have a clean furnace. Summer comes around. Record heat. The furnace makes a jet engine noise, super loud! The fan in the furnace is obviously wrong. I make an appointment. Wait around all day. They call, "Oh sorry we can't actually make it today." Great, ok, well then come tomorrow. They do. They say that some belt was off or something. They fix it, under warranty of course, so no cost to me. But still Two weeks go by, now its RECORD heat mid-June 2022. We start to hear a GRINDING like a jack hammer from the furnace. We turn off the AC. So we have no AC mid-summer. They come by. The tech says another screw was loose and caused the blower wheel to grind and get stuck, thus blowing the blower motor. Ok...so they have to order the parts on Friday. "They'll be in early next week." Monday....Tuesday....Wednesday....oh the parts are in! Yay!! Appointment gets booked for the morning. I stay home from work......annnnd they come at 5:30 pm. Great. Two techs this time. They come by look around for a while, take things apart. Then they ask me, who came and fixed it last time, what did he look like. So now I am trying to describe a 20-something guy with a star wars tattoo that was in my 100 degree house last Friday. Long story short, the tech says that t he first tech did not say the motor was blown! I said "well I kind of remember him saying that." So new-tech looks up the notes. He reads his ipad and lo and behold, the first tech DID say the motor was blown, but new-tech FORGOT TO GRAB THE PART FROM THE OFFICE. He apologizes, says he'll get me on the schedule for tomorrow. Great. Ok. I get a call from their office saying "Your on for tomorrow." Cool. I take ANOTHER day off work. I call 8 am the next day to ask where I am in the schedule so I can, ya know, do things. I AM NOT ON THE SCHEDULE!! Well now this is getting a little irritating. So I kind of yell at them. They say ok, we will get you on the schedule for today. They call and let me know that the tech will be there between 10 - 11 am today. I am not hopeful.

Description of Work
Routine cleaning turned into nightmare

03/06/2020

David K.

They are pretty good. The rates were fair and I am satisfied.

Description of Work
They did furnace maintenance.

07/23/2018

Larry A.

It went fine. He said he was replacing capacitors all day. Other guys never returned calls or bothered to show up after making appointment.

Description of Work
New capacitor

06/08/2018

David K.

Pretty good in what they do.They know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Aircon service in my house. They did freon charge.

06/08/2017

Christy B.

very professional and a wonderful job done

Description of Work
new furnace

12/09/2016

Greg G.

Installed a new central AC, Heater, and blower system in July 2016. Excellent service via email, phone calls, initial quote, delivered and installed on time within scope, very friendly technicians. Dec 2016 hearing a metallic squeaky sound only when the heater runs. Called JNJ and they were able to get out next day to check things out. Turns out the gas meter is causing the squeaking, sound occurs because of the volume of gas being drawn by heater. Technician did a system heck while he was onsite. 110% effort from these folks every time I've worked with them. Definitely recommend using them again.

01/22/2016

Donna C.

We had a wonderful technician. They identified the problem with a specific valve that adds water to the system. They took the time to figure it out and changed out the valve. They also rerouted some of the piping so it works more efficiently and bled the whole system.

Description of Work
They fixed the problem with the boiler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the great review. We appreciate your business.

10/04/2015

Lois S.

My furnace wasn't working. I was checking it before the cold weather really set in and before I had a chance to schedule someone to come out and do a winter check. I called a little before 9 in the morning and the technician showed up before 10:00. He repaired the furnace, just needed cleaning. I appreciated his honesty about that being all that was needed. My furnace is old and it wouldn't have been hard for him to convince me I needed a new one. At my request, he replaced the thermostat- my old one didn't have fan only setting. Josh was very professional and explained how the new thermostat worked. He made sure to test both the air conditioning and heat settings. I will be scheduling a complete duct cleaning in the next couple weeks. I would definitely recommend them to others. They will be my go to heating and air conditioning provider.

Description of Work
Repaired my furnace and replace the thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review. We over to know when we do good and it goes a long way. We appreciate your business.

06/29/2015

david B.

Jnj was on time & took care of everything

Description of Work
Jnj came out to tune up ac unit that was installed last fall. There was a problem with the thermostat recognizing the unit and they were able to fix it

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Great thanks [Member Name Removed]. Hope you are enjoying your new system.

05/05/2015

David O.

Smooth as silk a real joy! YES I will uses them again Jeff j rocked it! Very knowledgeable

Description of Work
check all ac connections and hoses Preform a number of tests Change furnace filter Take readings All check out

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review. We strive for excellence and are always looking to improve. We love having the reviews so we know where we are doing and as well as where we need improvement.

PHD Heating and Cooling

Heating air & water

We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! Residential and commercial! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Lifeline Plumbing Heating & Cooling

Lifeline Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is now offering ZERO HUMAN CONTACT SERVICE CALLS in order to keep our clients and employees safe and healthy! Lifeline is the winner of the Super Service Award each year since 2011, when we started our profile on Angies List. If you are looking for professional Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Heating or any type of HVAC services in the greater Chicago-land, area make the call to Lifeline Plumbing, Heating and Cooling! We put our customers first with everything we do. That is why we offer a comprehensive satisfaction guarantee on all the work we do, and on all the products we install. If you would like to speak with one of our experts and get scheduled for service, call us at (847) 468-0069.

Offers by Lifeline Plumbing Heating & Cooling on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Service and Repair, System Maintenance, Replacement & Installation, High Efficiency upgrades- residential & light commercial.

Ask for details.