Please contact us for our Covid19 guidelines.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

girlFriday, Your Life's Concierge

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2006

4950 Madison St

Skokie, IL 60077

Staff of 20+. Woman owned privately held local service provider. Residential & Commercial Services. We provide one person-same person all the time for regular weekly-and bi-weekly residential service, as well as housekeeping service inclusive of laundry, etc. Teams available for larger deep cleanings as well as commercial needs. Cost is determined by the home/job. No hourly fee or travel charge. Extra charge for after-hours service may apply. Industry recognized leader and award winning service. Visit our website for more information on our firm, services and to view before and after pictures, www.girlfridayus.com....
Pressure Washing project
Pressure Washing

pressure washing

202060645

06/12/2021

Wes C.

We had a great experience with girlFriday. Our new apartment was not cleaned prior to us moving in so I frantically started looking for a cleaning service. Aubrey was very helpful with scheduling and Maria did a fantastic job with the cleaning. I’d recommend girlFriday to anyone in Chicagoland looking for an apartment or home cleaning service.

Description of Work
move in service

We are/were so HAPPY to assist ! Thank you for the great compliment!🐝

05/04/2021

Amber S.

GirlFriday is an amazing, woman owned company! I highly recommend them! Marika was assigned to our family and she is absolutely wonderful!

Description of Work
House cleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you! We love to hear words like these...

02/15/2021

Wade B.

The girls at Girl Friday are great. Every person I've dealt with as been professional, responsive and kind. They also do great work. We hope to stick with Girl Friday going forward for a long time.

Description of Work
Weekly House Cleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you! Always wonderful to hear such great praise! We look forward to many years of working together!

01/12/2021

Sherine W.

GirlFriday is a very professional organization with really good and pleasant staff. They are efficient and conscientious. We've had a few different cleaners over the years and their attention to detail can vary a little from one person to the next but we've found that they have all been responsive to requests and feedback. The scheduling staff are always courteous and prompt in their responses. Really grateful for all that they do to help keep our home in great shape!

Description of Work
House cleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you! It is our goal to always be the best!

12/03/2020

Carolyn F.

The team is unbelievably responsive! The staff is courteous, does great work and is always willing to take on special requests. They are professional, on time and billing and payment is easy. I have recommended them on several occasions!

Description of Work
I've used girlFriday services on a bi weekly basis and for special projects.

Category house cleaning, window cleaning

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words...

09/21/2020

Matt J.

I was lucky enough to have Ana take care of my condo every two weeks for about two years. Each time Ana left my place sparkling, and I recommend her services highly. Andreea runs a very professional operation. You won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
Bieeekly cleaning

Category house cleaning

We are the LUCKY ones! Best wishes! Chicago has lost a great person!

09/01/2020

Emily P.

After being sick for three weeks and then heading out of town, my apartment needed a massive scrubbing and Girl Friday was amazing. The place looks spotless and they were very accommodating with my requests. I’ve gone from doing this once to considering getting this as an ongoing service because of how professional and detailed they were.

Description of Work
Deep Clean

Category house cleaning, pet sitters

Thank you! We are so happy we were able to assist ... look forward in working together in the near future .

06/03/2020

Page K.

Move in/out cleaning. She was incredibly friendly, helped eliminate the disgusting situation that the previous owners had left, and did all this hard work in the middle of a pandemic. Reasonable rates, and great outcomes. I'd definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Major Service

Category house cleaning

Thank you!! Pandemic or not... we are here to assist.

02/18/2020

angel K.

They did a nice job every two weeks keeping our place clean! I enjoyed Olesa, and she would make adjustments based on my requests. I would recommend their services to others!

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you for the very kind words!

02/14/2020

Camiko S.

They cancel my date and charged me 50.00, they been late on me more than once and the one day I had to push the time back they canceled on me. No I would not use them again

Description of Work
Nothing on this particular day

Category house cleaning

Hello... You must have the WRONG company as we have never assisted your family or serviced your home. Additionally, girlFriday has NO WAY of charging you for services as we do NOT accept credit cards. Our clients pay for payments upon completion. I hope you find the right service provider as it’s not us. Please remove your review upon completion of your investigation. Thank you.

09/20/2019

mary W.

I have been working with Girl for almost a year now and it’s been going great. We receive weekly cleaning services from Larisa (same person cleans each week). Girl is always very responsive to my fluctuating scheduled (travel, home remodeling projects, etc) and is very accommodating to my requests. I love that this is a woman-owned business and enjoy working with the team.

Description of Work
Weekly cleaning services for multistory single family home

Category house cleaning

And We Love working with such amazing clients! Look forward to many years together!!

09/19/2019

Sarah C.

Girlfriday was very accommodating to squeeze me in on short notice for a deep clean before I returned to work from maternity leave. They did a wonderful job on the condo and were very punctual and professional.

Description of Work
major service

Category house cleaning

Thank you so very much... glad things worked out and we were able to accommodate .

09/19/2019

Adena H.

I paid $85 to have my 1 bedroom/1 bathroom condo cleaned. Unfortunately, I cannot say that it was actually cleaned. During the walk-through I was asked about how I wanted Girl Friday to clean things and if she should use paper towels. I said not to use paper towels and asked that things be cleaned with the microfiber rags that I provided. On the video from my Nest Cam I often saw her carrying paper towels to use to clean. When I came home, I saw she used 2 microfiber cloths and about half a roll of paper towels. I asked that they use Endust on the wood furniture and the vinegar and water spray on glass/crystal surfaces, but the only cleaning products I saw her using was the Better Life every day spray and the vinegar/water spray. At no point in the video do I see her dusting the media center, where the camera sits. This makes me question how much she actually cleaned of the areas that were not on camera. When I came home, I saw that she had not really cleaned anything else. When I ran my finger over my dresser, it came back with dust. Upon inspecting the bathroom, there were still spots on the chrome fixtures and the mirror in and in the shower surround and the arm soap holders. When I checked my toilet brush (which sits in a caddy), the brush and caddy were bone dry. Clearly they had not been used. In short, she did not clean my bathroom. I asked them to make sure to deadbolt the door when they leave because I have been burglarized in the past. They did not. This cleaning was nowhere near satisfactory. I am going to have to clean my place after having paid $85 to have someone else clean it. I am SHOCKED this place is an Angie's List service winner.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Category house cleaning

(Member Information Removed) has been in contact with GF on and off since October 3.2017, then March 12.2018 . On March 15 ,2018 she had an in home quote appointment. After this appointment we did not hear from her again until September 2.2019, where she again stated she would like to start services even though over one (1) year had passed since her quote. During the walk through with our staffing manager, (Member Information Removed) proceeded to inform her and the staff member that she has yet to find ANYONE to clean like her. Yes, we did use paper towels and (Member Information Removed) was informed that we would as glass cannot be properly wiped with microfiber rags, they will streak. Her crystal lamp was not dusted with a paper towel. All her requested products were used. Endust was not used, as we don’t use Endust or Pledge on furniture which (Member Information Removed) was aware of as it had been discussed during all of our emails/ and conversations prior to the service. We are not SHOCKED that we were not the proper service provider for her. This became apparent as we received “rant” emails based on her her watching her Nest cam during the cleaning. We hope she finds a service provider that can meet her expectations, we prefer to work with customers who’s expectations are attainable.

08/08/2019

JENNY A.

This housecleaning service is fantastic. The owner comes to do an original assessment and estimate and to familiarize herself with what needs to be done and your specific needs/preferences. We were then assigned a woman to clean for us each time. She is prompt, thorough, friendly, and doesn't mind my dogs jumping up to greet her as though she came over to play with them. The fee is reasonable and we are very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you! Love having you as clients , and we look forward in continuing to work together.

06/30/2019

David R.

I have been using them for 9 years or so and am a HUGE fan! I had moved to a large house and struggled to keep it clean myself. After a health challenge, I decided to bite the bullet and hire someone to help. The owner, Andreea, came herself to walk through and discuss what my needs and expectations would be and then made recommendations. We set up a weekly cleaning and in the course of 9 years, I would estimate that I have only had 3 minor gripes all of which were dealt with immediately after my feedback. In addition to doing a truly excellent job with the cleaning there is a level of trustworthiness that comes with this company that I don’t find in the services my friends use and complain about. For example, over 9 years I have had only two people cleaning in my home. They are background checked but when it is always the same people cleaning for you, a trust is built up and they come to understand your idiosyncrasies and to be able to accommodate them. Also, I feel that I KNOW who is coming into my home and the comfort level that comes with that is hard to overvalue. Efficient, reliable, trustworthy, responsive and responsible. It is a hard combination to beat!

Description of Work
Housekeeping Services

Category house cleaning

Thank you... it’[Member Information Removed] is our goal to make sure we know what our clients needs are but, that they know who we are ., that is the successful combination. We are thankful for the people that have come into our lives and made this business successful.

06/29/2019

mark L.

We have been using the services of GirlFriday for several years (this is our third house with them). The owner and her staff has always treated us with respect and responded quickly to our needs. While we have liked some of our housekeepers better than others in terms of quality of work, they have all done an acceptable job. The one time we requested a change in personnel it was handled promptly, and we have never had a problem with rescheduling. We have referred GirlFriday to neighbors and friends and will continue to do so!

Description of Work
Regular housecleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you for the kind words ! Look forward to many years together!

06/21/2019

Sarah F.

Andreea's team has been cleaning my house weekly for 9 years. Her staff is on time, detail oriented and takes direction well. Whenever there is a schedule change or a special request, Andreea works to make it happen. I also have had situations where kids have been locked out of the house, and Andreea's staff has taken time out of their schedule to answer the phone and assist. You don't get that kind of care and treatment with other cleaning services!

Description of Work
Weekly house cleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you so much ! Wow 9 years! Time does fly! Look forward to the next 9 years!

06/17/2019

Eunji K.

Depends on the cleaning staff you're assigned, and your own level of cleanliness - they're fine. I've always been fine with the level of cleanliness - but everyone I've ever referred has fired them within 2 cleanings. As for customer service- prepare to be chastised, hectored and gaslighted. Their office staff is bizarre and rude. As a client of almost 5 years, I do not make write this review lightly- this is a service that will be fine for a few months but no good long-term. Update 6/21/2019: Due to my previous review, the owner of the business accused me of making slanderous comments and asked me to direct any further communication to their lawyer. Just wanted to be sure to post again to alert others - please read the other reviews citing issues with their office staff! This is an ongoing problem with this company!

Description of Work
I've used their cleaning services for years.

06/11/2019

Lynne C.

Excellent, thorough service and wonderful people. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Housecleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you kindly! So happy to hear.

05/06/2019

Jenny A.

I couldn't be happier with the services provided by girlFriday Cleaning. From the intake, to the first service, to the couple of regular appointments since then, the entire experience has been fantastic. My husband and I rent a traditional, Chicago bungalow and have two dogs. Our cleaning needs are basic but important as the dogs often act as though *we* live in *their* house! After the first cleaning, my husband commented, "Even my books in the office were dusted!" We are delighted with the attention to detail in the cleaning and the responsiveness of the administrative resources. I would absolutely recommend this service to anyone looking for a regular cleaning resource that supplies the same person each time.

Description of Work
House Cleaning Every Two Weeks

Category house cleaning

Thank you! Glad we can assist ... and hope to do so for years to come!

03/28/2019

Mary L.

Mia was a very thorough and efficient cleaner, even with a dog barking at her during most of her work. The business end was always prompt in getting back to us and kept us informed when changes neede to be made.

Description of Work
Bimonthly house cleaning.

Thank you so very much!

02/08/2019

Harriet S. M.

Girl Friday has been cleaning my father's house for several years. They are wonderful to deal with. The same person has come every two weeks to do the cleaning, and she is truly wonderful.

Description of Work
housecleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you ! We appreciate your kind words.

12/03/2018

Jenny B.

They came out to provide an estimate and I decided to go with another service. Here are the reasons why: 1. The secretary made it out that the owner of the company's time was more important than mine. Responses to emails were curt and rude, in my opinion. 2. The cost was the highest of any other service I contacted. In addition, I had to buy new supplies, including a new vacuum. I ultimately went with another service because for less money I got more cleaning included in the cost (front and back porches/entryways) and I did not need to buy any supplies before they could begin to clean. They seem they are wanting to be a 'high end' service but if that's the case, I would expect to be treated far better than I was by the support staff. The owner who came out is definitely good at her job and a very good salesperson but she was also a bit condescending. I would prefer to be treated as if somebody actually wants my business.

Description of Work
Regular House cleanings

Category house cleaning

I am sorry the prospective client feels this way. We visited her home back in August of 2018. After about ten (10) emails we were able to get a date down that was convenient for her. It is unfortunate that she feels the way she does, we were not able to answer her emails sent in the evenings until the next morning, and the same for emails sent on the weekend. I am the owner and I personally contacted her to see if she has any questions etc, after the in home quote where we went over items for over one hour.I am sorry if we were outside her budget but, our policy states that we do not bring supplies and vacuums as she was very insistent on. I invite Ms [Member Name Removed] to reach out if we can be of any further assistance.

11/13/2018

Mary S.

I have used them before - Reliable and friendly. Nice girls and they do a terrific job!

Description of Work
Cleaning of my home

Category house cleaning

Thank you so much for the kind words! Looking forward to helping out again in the future.

10/16/2018

Heather H.

Girl Friday has been cleaning my house twice a month for years. They are thorough, careful with my things, good with my dogs, and generally very reliable. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Regular/recurring house cleaning

Category house cleaning

Thank you for the words of confidence! It is our pleasure to have had the privilege to have been able to Move with this client through three (3) homes.

Jill's Dog Walking & Pet Care Service

Jill's Dog Walking and Pet Care Service provides personalized and reliable dog and cat sitting services in the North Shore, IL area. We are a family owned and operated, bonded and insured pet sitting facility that answers all the pet sitting needs of pet owners. Please call to schedule.

Cat Calls

Since 1986 we have offered complete care in your home for all types of pets, including daily dog walks, daily visits while you are away, house sitting, plant care and a variety of other services. We serve the near west suburbs of Chicago, as well as the Loop and River North areas. We are fully bonded and insured. A visit to your cat(s), rabbits, birds, fish, ferrets or other pets includes whatever you indicate. Basically we will clean the dishes, put down fresh food and water (and treats), and clean litter boxes. We also give the pets personal attention as desired, including play, grooming and medication administration. We have a staff of professional, experienced pet lovers, and we will send your personal sitter to meet with you and your pet prior to the initial visit or series of visits. The sitter will conduct a thorough interview to obtain details including instructions for feeding, administering medications, use of home security system, and whatever else applies to your personal situation. We also have back-up representatives to cover if your regular sitter isn’t available. 12 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's List discount.

Sir Grout Chicago

Sir Grout is adapting to the fight against the "invisible enemy". To cope with social distancing we are offering virtual estimates and during service our techs will take the measures recommended by the CDC, such as no handshaking, multiple hand washing and use of protective equipment. We provide top-rated tile, grout, and stone restoration and care services designed to enhance & protect hard surfaces in homes and businesses. We are a leading innovator and award-winning company in the "hard surface" restoration and care industry that recognizes the special needs of our customers. Our services include: - Grout cleaning, sealing, and recoloring with our renowned ColorSeal process - Tile cleaning and sealing - Stone restoration, honing, and polishing on marble, travertine, granite, slate and other natural stone - Bathroom and shower regrouting and recaulking services - Kitchen and bathroom stone countertop honing and polishing - High durability coatings for extra protection of hard surfaces, indoors and outdoors - Slip-resistant applications Sir Grout has been recognized by notable organizations like Home Advisor, Angie's List, Google, Yelp, TrustDale, Entrepreneur Magazine and others as the best option to restore your hard surfaces in both residential and commercial environments. We offer free, in-home/office consultations and make it quick, easy and convenient for you to learn about our top-quality services. Contact us today and let us transform your hard surfaces to looking like new again in less than a day.

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Check, PayPal

Cleaning services, post construction, move in, & move out. Holiday & special occasion cleaning. Packing. Pet care. Snow removal. Landscaping services.

Outside window cleaning for homes with three (3) or more floors/levels. No monthly cleaning services offered