5 Star King of Maids Cleaning Service

Founded 2013 • With Angi since August 2013

4524 Oakton St

Skokie, IL 60076

King of Maids is a platform that helps you schedule your home cleaning within seconds. Our software reviews every cleaner using our platform, allowing you to get the best possible home cleaning experience out there. You can also edit/reschedule your bookings, book with your past cleaners, tip your cleaners, and much much more, all from your dashboard....

12/07/2021

Gina L.

The cleaning was very thorough and the cleaners were punctual and polite. I have used their service many times and they are the best out there. Every time my house is left spotless and smelling fresh. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
Home cleaning

12/18/2016

Julian B.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the quality of the service they provide because they failed to show up. I booked with KoM over a week out. I received a confirmation email that stated I should allow up to an hour after my appointment for them to arrive. It seems odd to make an appointment and then have to allow for an extra hour... kind of defeats the point of making a dedicated appointment. Anyhow, two hours after my appointment time I called KoM to inquire as to what was going on. After confirming with whom I made the appointment, and the confirmation email, I was told that their computer system must have had a snafu and that the appointment wasn't booked. I asked if they manually send out confirmation emails and was told that it was automated... hmmm. After much haranguing, I was told that the earliest I could have someone come out was the following weekend- on Christmas eve. It's too bad, generally when companies mess up they bend over backward to satisfy an unhappy customer, I guess KoM just doesn't really care about their customers. Suffice it to say I will not be affording them a second chance.

Description of Work
Cleaning of my house

07/28/2015

Norene C.

Scheduled person did not show up and they did send someone else who arrived around 2;00 in the afternoon. This person was willing enough but was not well trained and did a poor job of what he was able to get to. We sent him home at 6:00 with the job incomplete. The company did offer to redo the cleaning and offered additional service if I would remove the unsatisfactory rating. I want nothing more to do with them.

Description of Work
They were to clean a 3 bed 2 1/2 bath condo. I did notify them that although we have no pets or kids living with us the place is not easy to clean. There are hardware floors that need careful washing.

07/06/2015

Stacy R.

horrible. sold our house and had it cleaned for new buyers. by the time they were done with the walk through, their feet were black! the woman who answers the phone and schedules service was very nice and had the cleansers go back a second time at the new buyers convenience. how embarrassing.

Description of Work
move out clean

06/25/2015

Kristin M.

We had two maids come out in the end. The first woman, while very sweet, did not do a good job. We'd specifically requested the whole house and kitchen appliances in particular be serviced...she either forgot the appliances entirely or did a very poor job. I was able to photograph numerous instances of dirt left behind. When I sent them to the company office, they were immediately apologetic and offered a redo without charge. There were a few scheduling hiccups but a second maid came out and hit the kitchen again. This time, an obvious effort was made, but still some grease would have been left if I had not pointed it out and demonstrated personally that it could in fact be scrubbed off with a little work.

Description of Work
Performed a move-in clean of a new home.

04/23/2015

Marie S.

I looked around on Yelp (pre-Angie's List membership) for quite a bit for a cleaning service with good reviews. After finding King of Maids, I checked out their website and utilized their "chat now" feature. They were able to answer all of my questions and the website was very clear in what they would/would not do. On the day of my cleaning, I was not going to be home, so I left my key at the front desk of my apartment building. I came home to an extremely clean apartment and my items were all very nicely organized. All of my trash was taken out, the hard to clean areas (i.e. bathroom, stove, etc) were clean and my cats were happy when I came home, which meant they were not disturbed by the ladies cleaning. The top of my cupboards were dusted, the top of my microwave, my headboard, dressers, pretty much everything you can imagine that collects dust was SO clean! I'm very impressed and it put a huge smile on my face. There is nothing like coming home to a clean place :) I moved a few months ago to a different neighborhood where my doorman has to leave the maid in and they have had no problems making the transition with me! Super clean, fresh smelling apartment still! I have utilized a cheaper cleaning service but my place was not nearly as clean as it is from King of Maids. I can tell that they put time and effort into the cleaning, they listened to things I specifically asked for and as a result I now have monthly cleanings from them! I highly recommend King of Maids! Everything they mention on their website (which was so easy to use, btw, was done). I'm really happy I have found them!

Description of Work
Monthly Cleanings

03/28/2015

Monica L.

The cleaning person arrived on time, worked hard, and was pleasant and professional. He willingly used cleaning products I had at home that I use regularly. He worked diligently and took pride in his work product. I was very pleased with the cleaning services.

Description of Work
Cleaned my 2 bedroom/2 bath condo.

02/04/2015

Stephen Z.

It was an average housecleaning. I wasn't over impressed. She was on the phone as much as she was cleaning. I wouldn't hire her again.

Description of Work
I was having guests over so I hired her to clean my house.

01/17/2015

Krystal B.

The cleaning was excellent, everything I was expecting and more. They even called me after the cleaning to check if everything went well which it did. Everything was spotless and the service was extremely processional. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Was hired to do a full deep cleaning of my 3 bedroom house.

01/11/2015

john P.

the quality of work is just the same after a few cleanings as it was the first time and the maid is always on time. I will be using them for a very long time since they are the best cleaning service I have ever used. I would suggest you guys use them for your cleaning needs.

Description of Work
Home cleaning on recurring basis.

Handy House Cleaning

Maid Brigade

Maid Brigade is an award winning cleaning company that services the north, northwest and western suburbs. Maid Brigade is the only cleaning company in the Chicago area that can claim the title of "Green Clean Certified". In addition to have a 98% satisfaction rate from our customers, as measured by our unique quality card control system, we provide outstanding customer service and have a high retention rate among our customers. We also have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Lorenzo's Cleaning

At Lorenzo's Cleaning, we have a high standard of excellence, and every member of our team is experienced and highly trained. Each of our team members is detail oriented, and we work together to get the job done as efficiently as possible. We’re experts in cleaning, and can clean every room in your home or office — from bedrooms and living rooms to kitchens and bathrooms.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover