New Stone Design

906 Lunt Ave

Schaumburg, IL 60193

countertop installation
Countertops

Fabrication and installation of granite marble and other natural stones. Cost is determined by the square footage of the surface. We provide sinks for kitchen bathroom and bars. Five employees. Showroom available. Largest selection of colors. Payment option, cash or check. All types of edges. warranties available....
Countertops Project project

countertop installation

4.4

4.4

4.3

countertop installation (103)marble & granite (33)home remodeling (9)fireplace services (2)

03/14/2021

Jay A.

The estimator, Mirek Duda, measured twice (so his guys would only have to cut once), and the installers arrived on time. They were very professional, taking great pains to make my countertops looked perfect. I had asked for the piece cut out for the sink to use as a cutting board, and the guys at New Stone Design agreed. Unfortunately, they forgot the cutting board, and were short one small backsplash piece (of less than 1 sq. ft.). They agreed to return in "a day or two," but I had to wait more than two weeks and four or five follow-up calls for that to occur. Mirek eventually had a new installer bring the cutting board and the backsplash. He arrived exactly as agreed, so all was forgiven. I am very pleased with my new Quartz countertops. The price was right, and the quality is top notch. I would recommend New Stone Design to all in need of new countertops.

Description of Work
New countertops.

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

03/11/2021

Bart G.

We used New Stone Design to replace our kitchen sink and install two countertops in our laundry and bathroom. At the showroom we got to see our options for both sinks styles and countertop designs. We got recommendations on what would look best in our spaces. Greg was flexible in meeting with us to measure our spaces and communicated when the install could happen. It didn’t take long. We got an installation window and the team arrived during it which made it easy to accommodate working from home. The installation was clean and precise.

Description of Work
Sink Install, New Countertops

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

03/11/2021

Julie B.

I’ve used New Stone Design for several projects, from small renovations to new construction condos and houses. Great selection, very reasonable prices, and great service.

Description of Work
Countertops

Work Completed On 03/18/2021

10/21/2020

Karen H.

Buyer beware! I chose a Taj Mahal for my fireplace and went to view the slab. When the stone was installed, there were several visible fillers in the stone and heavy coppers spots in some areas (which is not desirable for a Taj). Normally when you chose your stone you AVOID these imperfections and cut only the favorable parts. Greg proceeds to tell me “this is natural stone” and imperfections occur. And yes I understand that, but people purposely avoid these parts (fillers and copper spots) when picking their stone. I felt I was given the bottom of the barrel stone and was expected not to notice. Once confronted, Greg refused to do anything about it. I went to several fabricators and asked for their opinion and they said they would never give a client such stone unless approved. Which was not approved by me. So now I’m stuck having to replace the stone at my own cost. Pls do your research and find a fabricator who will tape out your stone and work with you so you are satisfied with your stone. This is a lot of money and I’m trying to save you some so you don’t end up in my situation!

Description of Work
Fireplace stone

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Review for New Stone Design - 906 Lunt Ave, Schaumburg, IL - 38973320

10/21/2019

dorian W.

Look No Further ~ I am a first time home buyer rehabbing my kitchen, the most important room in the house. From start to finish New Stone Design was the easiest, most convenient, professional company I worked with. From choosing the quartz and granite with Angelica to pricing with Greg to measuring with Merik to the installers I knew I was in good hands. I was never stressed and always knew they had my best interest. The quality of my Quartz and Granite to the expertise of the installers is unsurpassed. I highly recommend New Stone Design to EVERYONE'S needs.

Description of Work
New Kitchen & Island Countertops

Work Completed On 10/21/2019

06/06/2019

Chris R.

Our experience with New Stone Design exceeded our expectations! We had a very specific time window for our grill island to be measured for the countertop. New Stone Design was able to accommodate our request and then alter it when the work had to be delayed by a day due to weather. And much to our surprise and delight, they came back to install the countertop only 2 days after the measurement! We were so excited to have our project completed earlier than expected due to the quick countertop install! We will definitely be using them in the future for any counter needs. Thank you!

Description of Work
Outdoor grill island countertop

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

12/03/2018

Charlotte M.

It went well. I have a medium sized kitchen. The measurements were done one day and the installation was done about a week later. The installation was done in one day and looked great.

Description of Work
Installed new granite countertops

Work Completed On 08/26/2016

11/30/2017

Kimberley C.

It was within the hour of placing the deal, that I received a call from Greg, asking to schedule an appointment. So huge plus for promptness. He also called to let us know that he was stuck in traffic on the day of his initial visit. We appreciated his courtesy. COST TRANSPARENCY: When he came to our home, took measurements and found that we exceeded the 40 sq ft as outlined in the deal and that there would be an additional charge for the extra 9 square ft. He did not tell us explicitly what the per square feet charge. My husband, who was home at the time of this meeting had to do some calculate the cost in his head. There appeared to be some rounding up of the extra square footage-- which we roughly calculate cost us an additional $42.77. It would have been nice, in the interest of cost transparency to have spelled out in the Angie's list deal what the additional sq foot charge would be! a For example: Angie's List sale price: 40 sq. ft @ $37.47 plus extra sq. ft @ $42.22. Additionally, we found out that we would need a new sink. Happily, Greg brought with him a booklet of available sinks. The cost of that was an additional $150. The sink I originally wanted was out of stock and had to substitute for a slightly different model. When I asked Greg about the sink installation, he said that he had a plumber that he worked with and the cost would be $250.00, Thankfully we didn't need to replace our faucet. It should be noted that all of these charges where listed (as totals) on his business card instead of an itemized invoice. On the day of the install, after Greg and his assistant left, the plumber charged us an additional $25.00 which upped his total fee to $300. No explanation given for the discrepancy in price. Recommendations: Itemized bill of all charges. Also, since we had never worked with granite, it would have been great if Greg had told us to factor in the cost of new sink, faucet and plumbing costs prior to his initial visit. INSTALLATION: Greg and his assistant arrived promptly on the day and time promised. The install was smooth and completed in two hours. They removed all of the debris including the old counter tops. The granite counter tops are beautiful and we are quite pleased. CONCLUSION: Despite the concerns about transparency/discrepancy of cost, we are very happy that we purchased the deal and the work of New Stone Design.

Description of Work
We purchased New Stone Design's Angie's list deal for granite counter tops. The sale price was $1499 plus a down payment of $299.80. The deal specified 40 square feet of granite and extra at an additional price.

Cost $2,291.57

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

09/15/2017

joseph J.

I worked with Mirek to choose 3 different countertops (beige/brown, gray and white) for our 3 bathrooms. He texted me early one morning and said they broke the brown countertop, and he was sending pictures of substitute options, and I needed to choose one quickly. I picked a picture I liked , and said if this is brown then I will take it. I came home after the installation and saw a grayish green swirled countertop. I texted him and said this is not brown, and Mirek told me that people see colors differently. He said if he changes the piece a new one would cost $700 I said to compromise I would pay another $350 and they could have the other countertop back - he said no because he had a whole yard full of that grayish swirl countertop (I know why!) Like other reviewers who had problems, Greg said he would come look at it, but after a while he stopped responding. I can't in good conscious recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had three bathroom countertops replaced.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

Review for New Stone Design - 906 Lunt Ave, Schaumburg, IL - 36245426

After having problems with stone surface ( we spot a crack ) we decide to give customer more options to choose from good quality materials . I send a pictures and joe picked one so we can have it ready next day. After the installation he said he don't like color he previously choose and try to blame on me this decision. I offer we can make another countertop for lower price than original but he want basically pay just for material skipping our labor We always take responsibility for our work from a-z but picking the color always was customers choice I regret he went with this review which is not telling whole story what happened .

09/07/2017

Alan F.

I liked their price and I liked the product, the counter-tops are nice. The only problem we have is that the sink scratches very easily. It’s not like we are scraping it clean or anything like that, it’s just with the utensils going in the sink that scratches the sink. The installation went well. I told them which design I was looking for. I asked the owner a number of times to send me a quote and he’d send it and it would be incomplete or it wasn’t the right information so we had to go through that process a few times.

Description of Work
They put in a sink and counter-tops.

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

07/09/2017

Andy S.

Everything was great before you make the payment. Prompt response, on times appointments, etc... Then, after the payment... We found a few defects (chip and scratches) and ask Greg and Mirek to come back to fix it. Initially Greg was responsive (Mirek never bother to return any txt msg or call) asked for details and picture, then after numerous promises that they will come to fill and buff the chip and scratches (may take 20 mins?) but nothing happened, then Greg also stopped responding too. I went with NSD because of the good reviews and price, but their granite quaintly is questionable. We ordered moon white, which is supposedly white and gray but our countertop is very green, lucky the green works ok with our cabinets, otherwise it is will be a big problem.

Description of Work
Bathroom countertop

Work Completed On 07/09/2017

Review for New Stone Design - 906 Lunt Ave, Schaumburg, IL - 35487348

06/26/2017

Al M.

We have a fabulous aircraft carrier of an island with both the cooktop & sink on it & they installed it perfectly. The seam at the cooktop & downdraft vent is truly invisible. I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
We ordered new countertops for our new kitchen. Also a top for the laundry sink.

Work Completed On 04/26/2016

06/07/2017

Chris E.

New Stone Design was a nightmare for us! We picked out a slab for both the master and guest bathroom. Paid in full and had 1 installed. We told Greg there would be a lapse in between bathrooms , while I remodeled the first bathroom. Meanwhile Greg or someone that worked for him came out twice for measurements one being for the actual quote. Took me about 5 months to finish the bathrooms. Called NSD after we were ready for the second installation. Someone came out again to measure. Greg was very unresponsive to text & I had to chase him. The second counter top was not the same as the first. It was much lighter and had blue flakes. Called Greg to discuss, no reply. Texted him and he said "countertops were the same". & told me there "was no problem". So now we we are left with 2 different counter tops in two different bathrooms.

Description of Work
Countertops for bathrooms

Work Completed On 06/06/2017

04/30/2017

Shirley K.

The work was performed in a professional and knowledgeable way.

Description of Work
replace bathroom counter/sink

Work Completed On 11/04/2016

04/25/2017

Verona R.

They were so patient with me throughout the entire process. This was my first time going through this service and they were so patient with me along the way. They explained every step along the way and left no stone un-turned. They were also able to schedule the plumber to come out immediately after the counter top was installed so the whole process was completed in one afternoon. The service went perfectly and I would not hesitate to go with them again!

Description of Work
Installed a new granite counter top

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

03/01/2017

Andrea R.

Everything went well from the initial visit to measure, to visiting their facility ,to picking out the slab, to installation. They helped me select my sink and faucet as they had ones on display in their showroom. My countertop was professionally installed in less than two weeks! I had wanted to not have a seam ,if possible ,and they made it happen even though it was very hard to get that large piece of granite in my house and installed. On the day of installation their installers waited for my cabinet installers to arrive to make sure that everything would work with the Ikea cabinets already in place. Very pleasant experience and such a great value. I was getting quotes for $1900 and up and those companies did not think they could do it in one piece. I would not hesitate to use this company or recommend them to anyone who is looking for a professional, stress-free, experience. The kitchen remodel is still going on but I will attach just a couple of picture of the beautiful granite I was able to select.

Description of Work
Granite countertops

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

Review for New Stone Design - 906 Lunt Ave, Schaumburg, IL - 34538585

Thank You !!!!

02/22/2017

Charles C.

I used the $1499 offer plus $150 for the sink, that included 40 square feet of granite including sink cutout, removal of the old counter top, and installation. It went very well; communication was great and I am extremely pleased with the work and the level of service. Greg bought samples and emailed pictures of other ones available to choose from. The work was performed 2 days earlier than scheduled and the workers arrived an hour early. They didn't inform me they would be coming early, which wasn't too bad, they just had to wait until the plumber finished his work. They diligently worked until job was done, removed and disposed old countertops and offerred recommendations for care/cleaning. My only issue: one section had a slightly larger overlay than another, but I was advised it was done to conceal prior imperfections. I requested it be cut anyway and Greg came out and did the work within 2 days. My countertops look really good; I would definitely hire again and highly recommend to others!

Description of Work
Fabrication and installation of granite countertop and stainless steel sink

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

Review for New Stone Design - 906 Lunt Ave, Schaumburg, IL - 34589933

01/26/2017

Victoria Y.

His prices were astronomical. What was posted on Angie's List was different than what he was quoting when he arrived. It said you get X amount of granite for $1000. When he came, it was like a huge upcharge, like pay a whole lot more. He was trying to tell me that I needed 80 sq. ft of granite, it was a real, real big number and his charge was real high. I had the Angie's List voucher, but it was almost like the voucher didn't mean anything. I would have had to pay him an additional $1600 out of pocket. It came to almost $3000 with him. I had somebody else come behind him, his price was so off. He said Angie's List put it out there wrong. Technically I could have got two Angie's List coupons and that would have taken care of it, but he was like no. That made me feel like he was like a rip-off. First of all, you could barely understand him. There was a big miscommunication based on his language. Secondly, he had to be aware of what was out there on Angie's List. He had to approve it for that to take place. He came right out.

Description of Work
He did an estimate for granite countertops.

Category marble & granite

Work Completed On 04/01/2016

Can u Pls send us YouR address ?

01/15/2017

Dennis O.

The project went very well. I highly reccommend New Stone Design

Description of Work
New Granite Kitchen countertops

Work Completed On 01/10/2017

12/28/2016

Elizabeth S.

Never finished the job properly.Did not reinstall anything. Chipped the walls and would not repair. Never responded to the Member.

Description of Work
Granite Counter Tops for the kitchen

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

We dont work with plumbing Reinstall foucet Is not What we do. This Is the job Plumber guy The same with walls And we always respond to ouer costumers Did you call us or send e-mail ? YouR kitchen looks Great

11/11/2016

Den O.

Excellent. Greg was great to work with and the install team was top notch. Very happy that the "home improvement store" messed up my order for the cultured marble top and I found New Stone Design. Now I have a beautiful stone vanity that looks great!

Description of Work
Installed a granite vanity top with dual bowls

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

Review for New Stone Design - 906 Lunt Ave, Schaumburg, IL - 33899013

11/09/2016

Beverly S.

We are very pleased with the offer and the work that was done. Greg and Mirek were very responsive and accommodating. They were very helpful and patient when went to the shop to choose our slab. The installation crew did an excellent job. They were very meticulous as they installed the counter tops. The seam is almost invisible. They even swept the kitchen floor before they left.

Description of Work
We took advantage of the $1499 offer that included 40 square feet of granite including sink cutout, removal of the old counter top, and installation. We needed an additional 8 square feet of granite and also purchased a 16 gauge stainless steel sink, faucet, and sink racks from New Stone Design.