K&S General Contracting, Inc.

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2010

1506 Harvard Ln

Schaumburg, IL 60193

K & S General Contracting Inc is a local family owned roofing & siding company, in business for more than 25 years. Operating on the same principles since the inception of our company, has enabled us to grow & prosper over the years. Some of our highlights are: * Make customers & their service our highest priority * Employ honest, well trained people who are paid a fair wage * Charge a competitive price for high quality products and installation * Supply a competitive warranty program We maintain our excellent reputation through extensive ongoing. Training in safety, material handling techniques and product. Application to ensure a safe, high quality installation with minimal disruption to our customers daily life. Our company is licensed, bonded and insured. We are fully insured with both liability and workman compensation insurance. We are licensed with the state of illinois and the villages where we perform work. Our goal is to provide 100% satisfaction to all of our customers. We provide referrals not upon request, but with each quote we go on. Payment in full upon the completion of the job.We DO NOT do REPAIR work. ...

09/21/2020

Robert S.

Very happy with the work done. Looking to use them for window replacement in the future

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

10/10/2019

Bruce C.

Contractor was very helpful explaining everything that would be done and what my options were, and accommodated my fine-tuning of the contract to meet my needs. Easy to communicate with them via phone and e-mail. Job was completed in one 12-hour day. All debris was hauled away including an old satellite dish. End result looks great.

Description of Work
Roofing tear off and new shingles installed

07/16/2018

Kathleen H.

K&S did a great job on our roof and siding replacement. They were patient while we made our choices and gave useful advice. Additionally, the installers were prompt and professional. Katie and TJ took care of everything to make sure all went well. We love our new exterior! We highly recommend K&S General Contracting Inc.!!! Thank you!

Description of Work
Roofing and Siding

Category insulation,roofing,siding

06/30/2018

Rick B.

When I’m looking for a contractor I don’t just want someone to do a job or fix a problem. I want someone who will take care of my house – as good as, if not better than, I do myself. You usually can sense whether you have a winner within 10 minutes of meeting and conversing with prospective contractors bidding on your project. You can tell by the way they look at you and your house, how they speak to you and about your project. K&S General Contracting is no exception in terms of the right fit and right way to earn your business. For our roofing needs, owner Steve Bollinger provided us with a variety of shingle options (we chose architectural style) with a range of prices and allowed us to select the optimal product to fit our needs and budget. Sure, Steve advised us on what was acceptable but he also showed us why we might find it necessary and advantageous to pay a little more for higher quality product. No pressure. Just facts. Once K&S earned our approval for a complete tear-off, Steve walked us through the entire process on site: What Adam and his team were going to do, how they would do it and why they would do something a certain way if they found a problem with any of the plywood decking. Cutting corners wasn’t an option, which we appreciated, taking the easy way to maximize profit or even reduce our budget at the expense of quality wasn’t either. Steve recommended certain types of venting products to ease the pressure and temperature in the attic, the right amount of flashing and ice-and-water shield suitable for Chicagoland winters and rainstorms. One other important distinction worth mentioning: Rather than covering up the lower quality workmanship left by other contractors, Steve and his crew recommended the necessary improvements so that their own high-quality workmanship wasn’t compromised. By the way, our K&S roof is 14 years old, has weathered at least two serious hailstorms without repair and still is going strong.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

06/27/2018

Tammy S.

Excellent! The quality of the work was perfection! The courtesy of the people working on my house was above and beyond . Very respectful of our property, cleaned up everyday. Showed up bright and early as we were told . No waiting around ! Of all the people I have ever worked on my home , by far the best !!

Description of Work
Roofing and siding

Category roofing,siding

06/21/2018

John M.

I contacted six roofing contractors over the span of 6 months. Sixth one was K&S. I should’ve called them first. I met with Steve from K&S and he educated me as we discussed my roof project. His price was very competitive but his warranty was by far the best. His crew was cordial and very fastidious as far as the clean-up. Excellent roofing job. I highly recommend K&S.

Description of Work
Complete roofing tear-off and replacement

Category gutter repair,roofing

06/16/2018

Louis V.

K&S Construction of Schaumburg is one of the best companies that I have ever encountered. Needing a new roof and having a purchasing background, 4 pages of questions were prepared as 5 of the top rated companies on Home Advisor were contacted and interviewed. Only Steve of K&S was able to answer every question as well as presenting additional data on what K&S would do. Steve's 30 years of actual roofing experience enabled him to professionally and with significant detail present what would best meet my roofing needs. Costs were reasonable and well documented. Work done on a new roof and adding a skylight by the K&S team led by Alberto was professional and met every quality expectation. Clean up was exceptional. When the team left, there was no evidence that they were there. Every one of my wife's flowers and bushes were just as they were before. Workers were professional and courteous. All questions during the process were answered when asked with details that any novice would understand. Katie, the office manager, handled all paperwork in a timely and professional manner. Two weeks after the roof was installed, a micro burst with hail hit our location and caused significant damage to homes, trees, and vegetation. Being out of state at the time, a call was made to K&S at 8 PM to see if they could check our home. At 9 AM the next morning, Steve was on our roof talking to me and sending video of the roof and yard as one 60 foot Oak tree was down. His inspection of the roof indicated no damage as impact resistant shingles had been installed (Steve recommendation). Follow up inspections by 2 other insurance inspectors confirmed the condition and quality of our roof. All other homes (7) in our cul-de-sac had to have their roofs replaced. Steve also came our home for every insurance inspection and insured that siding, gutter damage, and yard damage were properly covered. The customer service after doing a great quality roof was exceptional and deserves a 5 plus rating, TJ, the siding leader of K&S, was invited to address siding damage with cost estimates and general recommendations. The review was very professional and the costs were reasonable. K&S did the repairs and some additional work with a siding team that was professional and courteous. Again, the clean up and protection of plants was top notch. As a summary, K&S is a first class supplier of quality roofs and siding. Both work teams were professional, hard working, and courteous. Customer service has been over the top, especially after the micro burst. Quality of both the roof and siding work performed was first class. As a customer, my opinion of K&S Construction is based on their performance and total customer service. A 5 rating is definitely earned and deserved.

Description of Work
new roof, siding repair

Category roofing,siding,skylights

06/06/2018

Michael H.

Terrible. The siding is falling off the house. They didnt flash skylights and caused sever water damage. Windows not installed properly and are failing. Pictures all available. Refuses to refund money. Will be suing

Description of Work
Tear off and new roof. Siding, gutters, soffets, windows and doors

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows

06/06/2018

Michael H.

We hired them 5 years ago. We spent close to 100K on them(30K for roof, 30K for siding, 30+K for windows/doors). Everything they did is complete nightmare. They tried to sell me different skylights because they said the ones we had were not made anymore (a quick google search and found them at ABC supply in Villa Park). They didn't flash the skylights so our living room ceiling was ruined from water running in the new roof. They said I must have left a skylight open. We paid 6000 for a thermatrue fiberglass door which they installed improperly. It turns out the door costs 900. The door will be thrown out and replaced because the water coming in has rotted the area around the front door. The 2 sliding doors were not installed properly so you have to yank in to get the lock to close. The cement board siding is falling off the house. All the trim was not installed properly and they used very cheap caulk so water leaked in everywhere causing the siding to pop off around doors and windows. The 3 bay windows were not installed correctly and now we have bees in the tops of the windows and the bottom of the windows are falling off. There is no end to the crappy work that they did. I have lots of pictures and I hope I can post them here. This was supposed to be a GOOD contractor so once I post this review, I plan on cancelling my Angies list cause this was a complete rape job. I thought we could trust Angies list. BS!!! DO NOT HIRE THESE PEOPLE. EVER. Not even to mow the lawn. I am now spending 50K to pull out and fix the crap they did on our house (only 5 years ago).

Description of Work
Tear off Roof, Hardy Board Cement siding, all new windows and doors

Hello [Member Name Removed] This comes as a huge surprise to us since we were not aware of any of this. I reached out to you yesterday to all 3 phone numbers we have listed for you, and you didn't answer. Please give us a call at 847 895 0448 to resolve this. We stand behind out workmanship warranties and the manufacturers we work with stand behind theirs. Thank you, Katie Bollinger K&S General Contracting Inc.

11/11/2017

Eric S.

Excellent service, great communication, meticulous detail

Description of Work
Roof, fascia, siding, trim

Category roofing,siding

Infinity Home Improvement Inc

Infinity Home Improvement is a full line home improvement company. We offer retro-fit products such as Roofing, insulation and gutters and gutter protection. With nearly 50,000 previous customers and 20 years experience you can count on Infinity to do quality work for you and your family.

Offers by Infinity Home Improvement Inc on Angi
    Home Build - Windows, Doors & Siding

Home Build specializes in installations or replacement windows, doors, and siding. Home Build is a locally owned and operated home improvement contractor. At Home Build, every project is owner sold, supervised and approved. We’ve been providing superior products and customer-focused service for Chicago northwestern suburbs homeowners since 1997. We understand that we are only as good as the quality of the products we offer, which is why we have aligned with trusted manufacturers such as Pella, Alside, Marvin, Simpson, Therma-Tru, James Hardie, and other industry leaders. We offer something to fit every budget and many of our products are backed by lifetime warranties to give our customers added peace of mind.

Optimal Home Improvement inc

Gutter replacement and installation

Check, Financing Available

Roofing, siding, windows, insulation, gutter replacement.

ANY REPAIR WORK AND ANY SHAKE SHINGLE ROOFING

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about K&S General Contracting, Inc.

How is K&S General Contracting, Inc. overall rated?

K&S General Contracting, Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are K&S General Contracting, Inc. open?

K&S General Contracting, Inc. is open:

What payment options does K&S General Contracting, Inc. provide

K&S General Contracting, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Financing Available

Does K&S General Contracting, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, K&S General Contracting, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does K&S General Contracting, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, K&S General Contracting, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does K&S General Contracting, Inc. offer a senior discount?

Yes, K&S General Contracting, Inc. offers a 5% senior discount.

Does K&S General Contracting, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, K&S General Contracting, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by K&S General Contracting, Inc.?

Yes, K&S General Contracting, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does K&S General Contracting, Inc. offer?

K&S General Contracting, Inc. offers the following services: Roofing, siding, windows, insulation, gutter replacement.

Are there any services K&S General Contracting, Inc. does not offer?

ANY REPAIR WORK AND ANY SHAKE SHINGLE ROOFING