Croixco Construction

Founded 2001 • With Angi since February 2010

870 E Higgins Rd Suite 138A

Schaumburg, IL 60173

Family owned business since 2001 founded by Bartley Fisher. To avoid frustration on behalf of the customer, each customer is assigned a file manager to guide them from start to finish through each project. Company owner is involved in day-to-day operations. Highly rated BBB member. Owens Corning Preferred Contractor. Ask about 20 year NON-PRORATED Roof warranty. Call Croixco to be impressed. (847) 895-8125 & 1-(800) 351-6701. Additional fax - (847) 895-8834. Additional contact name - Martha Fisher....

05/10/2018

Debra U.

After a severe hail storm and microburst that hit our neighborhood in July 2017, we had several storm restoration companies coming to the door offering their services. After reviewing several other companies, I decided on Croixco and it was the best decision I could have made. I cannot say enough great things about the entire Croixco team - Bart, Darren, Rich, Wojo (and Martha who remains in the background coordinating things for the rest of team). They are professional, knowledgeable, hard working and responsive. They use premium materials and the quality of their workmanship is excellent, no short cuts are taken. I warned them upfront that I was a perfectionist and also had several special requests. Bart said they welcomed the challenge. Well, all I can say is that they delivered on their promise of Customer Satisfaction and they not only met but exceeded my expectations. Every interaction I had with them (be it text, phone, email or face-to-face) brought value to the process. I was out of the country on business for a month when the storm hit and was trying to coordinate with my insurance company long distance and with a 13-hour time difference it was a challenge. For the first adjuster visit, I asked my neighbor who he was using and called that same company up and asked them to meet with the adjuster on my behalf since I was in Asia. They showed up and walked through the damage with my insurance adjuster and then advised me that they were able to get $17,000 approved for my damages. I thought that sounded pretty good. When I returned from Asia, the restoration company wanted me to sign a contract but after doing my research, I found negative comments, so after further review of several other contractors, I went with Croixco. After the first meeting with Rich, I felt confident that they were the right company and then I received an email from the owner (Bart), thanking me for my business and for placing my trust in his company to do the work. He went on to explain they would do everything possible to help ease the complex process of dealing with the insurance claim paperwork. Darren took over the handling of the insurance claim immediately. He noted that the initial approved claim amount of $17K in no way covered all the damage my home had incurred. It took a couple months and 4 different claims adjusters before it was finally settled and the work could begin, but it was well worth the wait because Croixco was able to get our claim approved for $52,000 ! A big difference from the original $17,000. I basically have a brand new exterior for my home and I could not have obtained that without Croixco (especially Darren). There were so many little things they did that were above and beyond. It demonstrated that they care for their Customers. While it is hard to list them all, I will touch on just a few - They worked around my schedule. While I didn't have to be home when they did the work, I wanted to be present and I travel often for work so they accommodated my work schedule. - My insurance company would only approve siding replacement on the back side of my home but my siding was discontinued in 2009 and the closest replacement "match" that the Insurance company recommended had a 1/8" difference in profile. Croixco helped me to resolve that issue. - I had chosen a color and style of siding and then about 10 days before the work was to start, I asked if I could change the style from 4" traditional to 5" traditional - they said no problem because they wanted me to be happy with my choice. - I had selected and signed off on "musket brown" for all the metal on my home (wrap, gutters, etc) and then Darren stopped by my home one evening to recommend another color (bronze) that he thought I might like better because it was a better match to my new windows and a good contrast for my siding color. He didn't have to take that extra step because I had signed off on musket brown and would have never been the wiser about another option. But he was right and I changed the color. - When Wojo wrapped all my windows w/ aluminum trim, he offered me two different style options (same style as I had previously or the "Croixco way") and said he would do which ever I preferred but then went on to explain why the Croixco way was better. I went with his recommendation because it was clearly the better choice. - Based on my last window replacement project 25+ years ago, I was dreading the extra work of taking down all my custom drapery and blinds on 12 window openings and dealing with the clean up of drywall dust. To my pleasant surprise, they said I didn't need to take down my drapes/blinds. If it was needed, they would take care of it and they did!! They took them down, carefully placed them out of the way, and then reinstalled them afterwards. They didn't have to remove any of my interior wood window casings and when they were done, they picked up their drop cloths and vacuumed the floor/carpet. - They installed new outside lights on my garage that had been damaged in the storm. I had selected the light fixtures but the base of the new fixtures was smaller than the old lights leaving a gap big enough between the brick and the light base that I could put my finger into it. I came up with an idea and presented it to Wojo. He agreed and said, let's give it a try. He cut and painted the cover plates I purchased and installed them between the brick and the light base. The lights look beautiful now. So to recap, if you are looking for a professional contractor that you can trust to do the job right the first time and deliver quality workmanship, then you will not be disappointed if you choose Croixco Construction

Description of Work
Home Exterior, Siding, Windows, Roof, Gutters, etc

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/31/2015

Christopher G.

In 2012 our home sustained significant damage from a hailstorm. We secure the services of Croixco after seeing the results of work they'd done for one of our neighbors. The work was covered by our insurance company and Croixco was helpful by providing detailed estimates on both labor and material. Due to our homeowners association rules it was also important that the new materials matched the original and Croixco worked to make this possible. In the end we were very satisfied with the work provided by Darren and his staff at Croixco.

Description of Work
Roofing and Siding

06/08/2015

Kim B.

04/06/2015

Trina G.

They did great with working with our insurance company. They kept the premises clean and the workmanship was excellent. If they promise you a finders fee (in the form of a check or gift card), don't go for it. I was promised one but never received it.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, gutters and copper.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/21/2014

Johnnie M.

Mr. Nowalski came by daily to check on his crew and their progress. Which I thought was great. In fact, from our initial meeting to completion the Croixco family walked the walk to support the talk, leading to customer satisfaction. I applaud and highly recommend them to others..........

Description of Work
Croixco did everything I contracted for and more......

Category siding

04/17/2014

Nilda S.

Croixco did a complete tear down and installed a beautiful new roof with architectural shingles. The person in charge of supervising the work, Bradley Savage, was very professional and responsive. The roof was completed in one day. The crew performed the clean up the same day and left the yard the way they found it. They promptly called me to schedule the installation of the downspouts which took a couple of hours on a day shortly after the roof was completed. They later sent a separate crew to measure, create and install the back door awning which had also been damaged in the hailstorm. We kept working together to select and install heating cables on the roof and gutters to prevent ice damage in the winter. Once Croixco had done the research on the heating cables, they came to measure the length needed and promptly installed it after the company had shipped the cables. Croixco representative Bradley Savage did the installation himself with another helper. This company not only does excellent work in a timely manner but they are also very responsive to your requests and to check on work performed. I called them because I had problems with the heating cables on two occasions and they promptly returned my calls and scheduled an inspection to take care of the problem which was fixed that same day. It was a joy to work with this company and I highly recommend it.

Description of Work
Croixco installed a new roof with ridge venting, an awning over the back door and some downspouts which had been damaged in a hailstorm which occurred in Chicago in June 2012. Croixco representatives came to inspect the property, take photos and then dealt with the insurance company. Even after the deductible I did not have to pay out of pocket so needless to say, I was very happy with the company representative Darren Nowalski and the company in general.

02/11/2014

Karen M.

This company was recommended to us from a friend. Our roof had hail damage and was peeling all over. They immediately came out(early). Met with our insurance adjuster and had all approvals done that week. We also picked out the roofing tiles. The following week, they started the job and were finished the same week. We had a lot of roof to replace because of a wrap around porch. It was a beautiful job. They explained what they were going to do, why it was being done that way and how long it would take. The first day of the job was so hot(100) and they worked all day. I said they could do the job another day, but they said they would be fine. Then the boss (Bart)came out to make sure everything was being done as promised. He and his supervisor were always on the job sight. My father was a contractor and would have loved these guys. They were professional, prompt and cleaned up ever piece of roofing and nails that had fallen. They even went through the bushes to make sure every nail was gone. I cannot recommend this company enough. Two of my neighbors used them after us and then some of their friends did. My roof is better than the original and I expect it to last a very long time. There are so many bad roofers out there that I was nervous. I was so glad that my friend had used them.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof due to hail damage.

01/23/2014

Janel L.

They immediately knew that the problem was too much moisture in the air. We went downstairs to look at the humidistat and, sure enough, we had it set too high. They walked me through maintenance of the humidifier and general maintenance of the furnace as well. We went back up to take a look in the attic. We found that the insulation was blocking the space that we want air to be flowing through. They recommended cutting that out and adding some additional insulation. When I asked them how much I owe them for coming out, they said nothing, I couldn't believe that they came out in such a timely manner, gave me VERY useful tips to maintain my home and didn't ask for anything in return. I was elated with the service that they provided today!

Description of Work
Croixco had installed a new roof and siding for our house almost 8 years ago. I noticed moisture on my ceiling and thought I had a leak in the roof, which was still under warranty, Darren and Bart came the next day to assess the situation.

01/13/2014

Raymond T.

1. I couldn't be happier, they were very efficient, timely and neat. 2.. There was no sign of nails or debris left in the Flower Beds and Bushes. 3. They spent a lot of time helping us pick out the best type and color of Shingles for our home. 4. A member of Management came on site everyday to make sure everything was met to our satisfaction. 5. They did a walk-thru with us at the end of the project to evaluate there performance and Completion. 6. They were our Liaison with the insurance Company.

Description of Work
4500' Square foot House 200 Square foot Shed 360 Square foot Gazebo 1. Remove existing Shingles from the Roof. 2. Fix any bad Plywood. 3. Re-Shingle the Roof. 4. Remove Small Gutters and Installed Larger Gutters. 5. Install Gutter Guards

12/30/2013

robert D.

The process to put a roof on our house started off very difficult. First of all, the insurance company denied our claim saying that it wasn't storm damage and said it was wear and tear. I disputed this and finally, after months of fighting, our insurance company approved the claim. I called a few roofing companies and I had seen an ad for Croixco at some point, so I called them as well. Darren came out immediately and was able to assess our roof. He looked over what the insurance company said they would provide and said that he would take care of negotiating with them. That was the best part about all of this was that Croixco dealt directly with our insurance company and our mortgage company. We were having issues getting the money released so that Croixco could get a down payment, but they took the little the insurance company released. Finally, on a warmer day, Croixco was able to come out and complete the roof. It was done in one day without any problems. We are very happy with our roof and the service that we received from Croixco. Like I said, the communication was excellent and I ended up not having to worry much after months of it being pretty stressful. I dealt with Darren and Martha and they were both great!

Description of Work
Croixco Construction tore off our old roof on our house and our garage and put a new one on.

12/19/2013

5840 Lawrence C.

Our building needed a new roof and Croixco did a great job for us. This was a complicated job, demanding Croixco to coordinate a variety of contractors over a month’s time, due to weather. (Croixco is good, but they don’t control the weather.) Darren was available to explain the project to all the owners before the work started. He went to bat for us with the insurance company to get the best possible replacement roof over our heads. Brad kept the teams working together and got the job done. They always responded quickly to our phone calls for questions or issues and were considerate of the residents’ needs. We are very satisfied and would recommend them to our closest friends.

Description of Work
They built scaffolding, protected doorways, removed old roofing, relocated antennas and air conditioners, replaced hoods that had hail damage, put on new insulation and roofing membrane, redid dryvits, flashing, and parapets, restored and repainted ceilings, reconditioned air conditioner fins and secured on new roofing.

11/15/2013

Lucy H.

Complete teardown and roof replacement. The crew and especially the supervisor, Brad, were truly excellent. Talk about someone who really knows their business! We were very impressed with the workmanship, and the cleanup was so thorough you'd never know they were there. They weren't the least expensive of the 4 companies we had out, but we had friends who used them and liked their work. Had some issues with the salesman, so our advice would be to make sure EVERY LITTLE THING is incorporated into the contract. Can't stress that enough. The salesman was extremely knowledgeable as well, but you may want to make sure that everything discussed is included in the contract, no matter how small; if they promise you something verbally you will want to make sure it's included in the contract.

10/11/2013

Joseph C.

It turned out fine. The quality of the work was good. The professionalism was excellent. The salesperson came out twice before the work to make sure that he got proper measurements. They had a supervisor that made sure everything was going okay, and they did all of the work in one day. They cleaned up after themselves and I could not find anything that they left behind. The cost was a little high from what I know. They showed up on time and they worked until they finished the job.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on my home and garage. The cost above was for both roof's. The roof has a normal warranty.

05/16/2013

Dick M.

I have nothing but good things to say about Croixco's expertise. They made several suggestions that would improve the design of the room and they all worked out very well. I have learned that when doing a project, do it right the first time, don't let a few dollars get in the way. Croixco was very open to our own ideas and at a reasonable cost made our extra design features requests happen at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Croixco install an Owens Corning basement system in our house. The work provided included subcontracting an electrician and a flooring contractor. The installation went very smoothly. Communication was excellent. The estimated time for the work to be completed was two weeks. It took a couple of days longer mainly because of inefficient inspection by the village. Croixco installed insulation, metal wall studs, a drop ceiling, created two closets, separated the finished room from a storage area and revamped the staircase leading to the basement. The basement looks great. The coordination of the subcontractors was superb.

Category basement remodeling

Home Build - Windows, Doors & Siding

Home Build specializes in installations or replacement windows, doors, and siding. Home Build is a locally owned and operated home improvement contractor. At Home Build, every project is owner sold, supervised and approved. We’ve been providing superior products and customer-focused service for Chicago northwestern suburbs homeowners since 1997. We understand that we are only as good as the quality of the products we offer, which is why we have aligned with trusted manufacturers such as Pella, Alside, Marvin, Simpson, Therma-Tru, James Hardie, and other industry leaders. We offer something to fit every budget and many of our products are backed by lifetime warranties to give our customers added peace of mind.

Accurate Contracting Service

Accurate Contracting Services, Inc. is a family owned and operated, BBB accredited business with an A+ rating, that has been serving the community since 1998. Our owner, Ronald Peterson, is a General Contractor with 40+ years of ground up, hands on structural experience. With Ron's knowledge and experience, he has helped homeowners with design, layout and product decisions that can be a difficult and sometimes frustrating process. We pride ourselves on delivering superior products and services at rates that are more than competitive. Accurate Contracting Services has implemented a policy of promoting environmentally safe products and recycling shingles, which frees landfills of a product that never decomposes. Whether you're looking to enhance the look of your house, improve energy efficiency or increase your home's resale value, Accurate Contracting Services will help you decide the best option to fit your needs and budget.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi

General Remodeling
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Exterior Remodeling - Roofing, Siding, Gutters, Windows, Attic Insulation & Decks.