Clar Electric Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2001

302 Pleasant Dr

Schaumburg, IL 60194

We have been in business since 1986. We are located in Schaumburg, IL. 3 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Extra charge for 24 hr emergency service. Award winning.

10/15/2022

john S.

Yes very professional and knowledgeable .

Description of Work
Circuit breaker repair

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the business & the review. It was a pleasure working with you.

08/30/2022

Michael B.

From discovery, quote, to implementation, Jamie Clar and his team were excellent. They were thoughtful, respectful, and explained everything which was needed. I highly recommend checking in with this business for any of your electrical needs. regards, Michael B.

Description of Work
We had a need to upgrade our pipe and outside ComEd connection to current codes prior to ComEd moving our service line.

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the review and the business it was a pleasure working with you.

02/06/2022

Michael W.

Jamie helped install an electric car charger, a new heating cable outlet, and light fixture installations in our home. I've been extremely happy with the quality of workmanship and service! Jamie is always responsive no matter what time of day I have questions. I highly recommend Clar Electric for any electrical work that you need!

Description of Work
Heating cable outlet and light fixture installation

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the continued business and the review you are pleasure to work with.

08/21/2021

Ed N.

Have used Jamie before. He is very accommodating and reasonably price. Will definitely use again for any further electrical needs.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 8 exterior light fixtures.

Category electrician

Thank you very much for the review & the business.

05/24/2021

Steven G.

It went very well. Jaimie is a 5 star electrician and the only one I will use. He is very good about getting back to you in a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
I needed a ceiling fan replaced in my bedroom.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Thank you very much for the continued business and the review we appreciate it.

03/29/2021

Sarah K.

Amateur hour. To install the gang boxes they cut 2ft x 2ft holes in the walls of my living room and foyer and 16 holes in my textured ceiling to run the wiring. BX flex conduit is roughly 1/2" in diameter and the smallest hole in the ceiling is 2" wide. Largest is 6" wide. One trench is almost 24" long. The one electrician even snapped 2 chalk lines 20ft long across my ceiling and left them for me to wash off (it's 2021, laser levels are cheap these days). They didn't care about the damage they caused, how much it would cost or who would have to cleanup after them. When setting up the job, Jamie said he had a contact he uses for taking care of the cosmetic repair which he refused to share with me until the job started. This contact is so busy they can't take the job. As one can imagine this also created a huge mess in my home. They used drop cloths but I still spent hours cleaning up the dust and debris after they left. When they showed up the next morning they started by apologizing for the damage and promising they wouldn't do that again today. If I had not already paid for most of the remaining work that was needed I would've just fired them on the spot. Fortunately the rest was very simple so they didn't do any more damage. Why 2 stars you might ask? Because at least it's wired correctly.

Description of Work
Can lights installed, ceiling fan fixture, switch box install

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Thank you for the review & the business. Sorry for the misunderstanding but we did explain in advance to another family member in advance about the cutting that would be necessary for this job to be done. Our crew always makes the minimum amount of cutting. We try our best to keep the dust to a minimum. Our crew explained why the cutting was done & why it was necessary. We offered a suggested contractor to make the drywall repairs & this is a contractor we suggest & do not have control over their schedule. The size of the cuts in the drywall for the 4 gang & 5 gang switch boxes was necessary to repipe the boxes & also we squared off the cuts nice & even & also this type of opening is simpler for the drywaller to repair. We also put painters tape as a temporary measure to keep dust from falling.

03/08/2021

Patrick F.

Clar Electric was punctual, professional, and did an excellent job. I will certainly turn to Clar Electric for all of my future electrician needs.

Description of Work
Installed 4 flushmount lights

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the review and the business. It was a pleasure working with you.

02/27/2021

Matt W.

Overall everything went very well. The cost came in as the lowest of 3 contractors and the quality was good. Some wire jackets (from wire stripping) were left in the ground.

Description of Work
Electrical Panel Change

Category electrician

Thank you for the business & the review. It was nice working with you.

02/20/2021

Andrew Z.

Excellent. After getting many wild bids for what seemed to be a simple job, I got in contact with Jamie, who explained that this was not as complicated as others made it seem. In fact he came to our home, Changed the wiring in under a half hour, and the results were perfect. Beyond that he is a true gentleman, trying to do the best job he can without "bilking" his customers. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
electrical Panel work

Category electrician

Thank you for the business and the review. It was a pleasure working with you.

02/12/2021

Christianna R.

This is the 2nd time we used Clar Electric. After Jamie completed a job on 01/13/2021, I requested another quote. 02/05/2021: Installed LED mount in coat closet (hard-wired) Installed 7 outlets throughout our 1953 home. Cost: $1900.00 On this visit, I had wanted 3 outlets in the bedroom. The 2-man crew advised that it would be risky on one wall - a danger of drilling to the outside (the way the home's joists are positioned). They suggested adding a quad outlet instead of a dual on an alternate wall. Great solution (although more complicated for them). That helpful problem solving allows me to plug in a lamp, 2 phone chargers and my alarm clock. Perfect. Having added these outlets throughout the home is great. Because the home is older, it was not built for a T.V. in each room, multi-computers, etc. To accomplish this, one crew member must go into the crawl space, while the other person pulls the wire through. While our crawlspace is encapsulated, it is a tight space in some areas and it's a tedious job. Jamie's crew were at our home for 7 hours (Jamie came by the last hour to check the progress) and I felt confident that they were experts. Both jobs were quoted in advanced and I felt as through their prices were fair. While handymen are great for some tasks, I personally feel that there is no substitute for a qualified electrician. I cannot put a price on the safety of our home. I feel in good hands with Jamie and his crew and would use their services again and would recommend Clar Electric to friends and family. My sincere thanks to them. I'm elated to have my closet light illuminate automatically (I'm really happy to simply have a light in that tiny space) and to be rid of all the unsightly extension cords chained together in every room.

Description of Work
Add 7 outlets and install LED mount light in coat closet

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you for the business and the review. It was a pleasure working with you.

01/25/2021

Michael B.

Jamie and his crew were very professional, quick and COVID-19 compliant. They installed a brand new electrical panel and four light fixtures and switches. They showed up on time and cleaned up as they worked. I highly recommend Clar Electric and will definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Replace electrical panel, install ceiling fan and three overhead lights.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

thank you very much for the business and the review it was very nice working with you

01/17/2021

Joan M.

Jamie was awesome....showed up next day and completed the job!!

Description of Work
Replace electrical outlet

Category electrician

Thank you for the review & the business.

01/14/2021

Christianna R.

Great. Jamie arrived within scheduled window. He replaced a canned light that had cracked in the ceiling tile of our shower. he was careful not to scratch the tub and left the area clean. Another job was aborted because I purchased the wrong product.

Description of Work
Replace cracked canned light in shower

Category electrician, Uncategorized

01/13/2021

Ron G.

Found the problem, fixed it, did a great job of explaining what was going on, and what we might need to do going forward. This was the first time we used Clar, and I was very impressed. We'll use them again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Repaired a faulty circuit

Category electrician

Thank you for the business & the review. Glad we could help. It was nice working with you.

01/11/2021

Kim G.

Jamie Clar was great to work with. Truly deserves "Excellent" in all categories . Will definitely hire Jamie for future projects.

Description of Work
Conversion of outside spa electrical hookup to be an outside outlet

Category electrician

thank you very much for the business and the review it was a pleasure working with you

01/03/2021

Luis L.

Jamie was very knowledgeable and got the job done quickly, I will definitely be using Clar Electric again.

Description of Work
Repair Outdoor Light & update wiring on controlled receptacles

12/30/2020

Sue P.

Jamie responded quickly to my request for a bid, was at my house within an hour and had the job done in 30 minutes. Also, he did not charge extra for after hour. I would hire Jamie again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
replace a breaker

12/23/2020

Jim B.

I was totally impressed with the work. Jamie completed everything in a very professional manner. He wore a Covid-19 mask. I would hire Clar Electric again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Install a Ring Floodlight Camera.

11/09/2020

DEAN G.

We sent a message via Angie's List on a Sunday afternoon after a DIY closet light repair went awry. The power was turned off for the closet, but it also connected to the furnace so that was off, too. We asked for an appointment for the Monday. Within minutes, Jamie responded and said he could come out after 4 p.m. and wouldn't charge us emergency rates because his schedule was booked for Monday. We really appreciated that. He quoted us the visit rate of $125 and the hourly rate that applies after the first hour. He said he thought he knew was wrong and the job shouldn't take long. He arrived on time, was masked, and friendly. Jamie got right to work, discovered the problem, which was a short circuited light, and fixed our closet light. We were extremely happy with the work and will absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
A closet light needed fixing

Category electrician

Thank you for the review & the business. Glad we could help.

10/10/2020

Craig S.

Jamie was friendly, knowledgeable, honest and never tried to up-charge us or make unnecessary busy work. I would definitely recommend him. We sent Jamie our home inspection report and he responded quickly. He had the report all thought out when he arrived and ticked off each issue one by one. A total pro.

Description of Work
A handful of small electrical needs from our home inspection, ranging from exposed wires in the attic to a mismanaged fuse box.

Category electrician

Thank you for the business & the review. It was very nice working with you.

10/03/2020

mary K.

Jamie provides excellent customer service and has great communication skills. He is very knowledgable and more than willing to answer any of the questions I had and provide recommendations. I would certainly hire his company again for any future work and would highly recommend him to friends and family.

Description of Work
Replaced all smoke detectors, remove & replace bathroom light fixtures, reinstall outside light fixture and install dimmer switch.

Category lighting, home security systems

thank you very much for the business and the review we appreciate it

09/22/2020

Ryan H.

Excellent work and very easy to work with...honest and reliable. Jaime was not pushy on any work and was honest and upfront about what could be done / the cost and let me decide what I wanted to have done.

Description of Work
200 Amp panel upgrade / EV charger install / Dryer relocation

08/10/2020

Bradley W.

AAA++++ Jamie came out on a Saturday evening, as the Furnace/AC was losing voltage, and therefore not working. Since there is risk when a circuit is malfunctioning, Jamie offered to visit right away when he heard my wife was concerned of the implications on not having it fixed right away. Jamie met all of the criteria of a stellar provider: - Focused -- came in, discussed issue, performed a few tests, and within 5 minutes was in the panel fixing the issue - Fair -- did not over price his service, even though it was requested and immediately responded to on a Saturday evening - Flexible -- discussed longer term options if the issue arises again; called immediately and discussed the issue on a weekend - Friendly -- explained every step taken and the result in a manner that helped me understand the challenge and the fix - Clean and neat -- managed work area like it was his own home - Safe -- discussed health of home's inhabitants ahead of visit, and he wore mask 100% of time Next time I need service, Jamie will be my first and last call !!!

Description of Work
Troubleshooting an issue with electric supply to furnace

Category electrician

Thank you for the business & the review. Glad we could help.

07/19/2020

Stacey W.

I couldn't ask for better service. I was not expecting to get an electrician to my house so fast. I requested service, and the very next day, Jamie Clar was there, and fixed all of the issues in less than 2 hours. He is easy to communicate with, super friendly and great to talk to. He did an outstanding job, and I give his company the highest marks! He really helped me out in a pinch, because I have a home inspection in two days.

Description of Work
my dishwasher wasn't running and I had a few outlet sockets not receiving power, and my meter in the utility room was missing a grounding jumper wire.

Category electrician, home security systems

thank you very much for the business and the review glad we could help it was a pleasure working with you

06/25/2020

David M.

All work completed on time and very professional. Jamie Clar as well as his crew did an outstanding job, at times made you feel like you were a family member. Answered all question, described work being done and allowed you to watch the work being completed if you liked. Most definitely will hire again and happy to pass on company's business name to others. Keep up the good work Clar Electric, you should be proud.

Description of Work
Install new 100 amp service to bring it into Village of Arlington Heights coding.

Category electrician

thank you very much for the review and The Business the feeling is mutual it was wonderful working for you thank you