My Tree Service LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2011

PO Box 1146 2860 Selmaville Rd

Salem, IL 62881

Locally owned & operated. Tree care - removals & take downs, trimming, stump grinding, systemic insect control, systemic fertilization & storm damage recovery.

10/30/2020

Mike C.

My Tree Service did an excellent job, very professional and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Large dead oak tree cut down and hauled away, stump removal, hole filled, seeded and strawed

Category hauling services, landscaping, tree service

Thank you for your kind remarks!

05/23/2020

Jeret S.

They gave me an estimate one day and showed up the next. Great communication, showed up when they said, and cleaned up every last leaf. Its like the tree was never there. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Tree cut down.

Category tree service

Thank you for your business Mr. [Member Name Removed]!

11/12/2019

Adam D.

We used My Tree Service LLC to cut down two trees and we would clean them up ourselves. His estimate was $540 to take two trees down. He only cut down one tree, per our request, and tried to charge us $810! He gave us no explanation as to why two trees cost $540 and one tree cost $810. We refused to pay the extra $270 and he took us to court. Ultimately, the judge saw through his scam to overcharge his customers and ruled in our favor. We do not recommend My Tree Service LLC because we feel his business practices are dishonest.

Description of Work
Cut down tree

Category tree service

The simple truth is that the terms and conditions of every ESTIMATE that we provide indicate that we charge for our work by the man-hour and that if it takes longer than expected, we will need to be compensated for our work. It is also indicated that the Estimate is an "approximation". It is not a quote nor a set price. My Tree Service showed up, did the work that was requested and performed the task without any issues other than some additional cost due to conditions at the work site on that day. The homeowners failed to accept their responsibility to pay for the work that was completed. The customer had no complaints about the quality of our work, they simply refused to pay what was agreed upon in writing.

10/27/2017

Bruce M.

They showed up exactly when they stated they would and did an excellent job, flawlessly down to the smallest clean up detail.

Description of Work
Removed two trees hanging over the house and up and around the power lines

09/29/2017

Robin T.

They arrived just a little later than scheduled but it was not a problem. They made sure the trees that I had asked to be cut were as I wanted. The limbs were cut in manageable pieces. I cannot speak as to cleanup because we did that ourselves. But the trees were to my liking and the yard looks better. I have had other work done such as pin oak treatment and dead trees cut down.

Description of Work
They trimmed limbs that were dead or bothersome.

07/26/2017

Thomas J.

The people were professional and do a good job. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Tree work

07/07/2017

Craig P.

Professional Job, Worked with our Requests, Reasonable Quote, Friendly Crew. They went out of their way to be helpful. Have contracted with them before, and will again. Thanks Jim for a fine job.

Description of Work
Remove 3 Oaks located over two sheds, a fence, patio and falling distance on to the House.

12/21/2016

Steve J.

Have used My Tree Service several times. They always do a good job and I can rely on them to do the work as requested.

Description of Work
Removal of dead tree

12/21/2016

Lisa B.

Good ,showed up when they said,very professional , very pleased

Description of Work
2large tree cut down near my home

09/17/2015

Scott B.

Description of Work
They did a good job trimming our trees and cleaning up afterwards.

01/13/2015

Christine D.

Description of Work
They never responded to my phone calls or emails requesting information about their service. Nobody ever contacted me.

Category tree service

Customer may not have or did not turn on their answering machine when I returned their call. It happens all the time. Sometimes a customer will call and forget to leave their call-back phone number. I don't have any history of an email from this person or a web form from our website. Maybe she has my company confused with another. In closing, it's an electronic world that sometimes fails, ie, phone quits working, voicemails get deleted, email goes to spam filter. If you don't get a response, try again.

10/01/2014

Randy E.

They called to tell me when they would arrive. They were very punctual and professional. This was the third time I have used Jim and his crew. I recommend them to all of my friends.

Description of Work
Provider cut and removed a huge Maple tree. One large branch had broken off in a storm revealing that the tree had rotted from the interior. It was an accident waiting to happen. Additionally they removed a series of large branches cut and left by Ameren IL.

05/28/2014

Frank R.

Description of Work
They removed a 100 ft maple tree

12/28/2012

B T.

The estimator arrived exactly on time, looked over our trees, asked detailed questions about our yard and if it was stable enough to handle his equipment (it was - a moving van had been parked exactly where he needed to park his truck) He gave estimate for both manpower-only and cherrypicker cutting of the trees. Within a few days, I had my estimate in writing with a spare copy for my records. In a week, a man from My Tree Service showed up and began the prepwork. He checked the ground, and laid down support boards to reduce tire marking on my lawn, and was very polite and professional. In a few hours, the trimming crew arrived and began taking down the trees. The trees came down very smoothly with minimal noise and disturbance, with most of the work being finished before dark, and the rest being taken care of by noon the next day, and all the debris cleared away. I will absolutely call My tree Service again to take care of any tree care we might need in the future.

Description of Work
My Tree Service removed two trees close to my home, one of which was close to my power lines, and leaning and threatening to fall, and which had died during the heatwave this last summer. The other was centered in the yard between my house and my neighbor's and was depriving our yards of light and killing the grass with excessive needle shedding. Both trees were cut and chipped and removed within a day, and with minimal damage to my yard, thanks to their careful prep work.

11/16/2012

Donald S.

It went as well as expected. Mr. Brown did everything he could to help our evergreens!

Description of Work
Gave our trees vitamins. They were in a drought situation.

11/07/2012

Randy E.

Tree guys were on time, hard workers and did excellent job.

Description of Work
They cut and disposed large Maple tree and fallen Oak tree. They also cut and disposed old large Oak tree, smaller ash laying on power lines, trimmed limbs over house.

10/27/2012

Bill and Jackie G.

Services were rendered on time and very professionally. We trust we made a good decision to hire this company and plan to use it for the tree trimming, etc in the future.

Description of Work
Trees inspected. Fertilizer packets attached to each of 4 trees. Pellets of ant removal scattered at bases of trees.

11/06/2011

Dorothy H.

All workers were efficient and polite.

Description of Work
Two trees were cut down, with care being taken so limbs, etc. would not fall on the house or fence. No clean-up was requested.

08/22/2011

Elaine E.

See above details . This company did an excellent job and completed this sevice with great satisfaction from this customer.

Description of Work
I had a huge oak tree removed that hovered over my house and constantly was shedding limbs every time we had a storm and I was fearful a huge limb would fall and damage my roof. This tree was almost 10 stories high and the leaves, acorns and galls were constantly clogging the gutters and patio roof of my home. Also the ground surrounding this tree would inundate the lawn with acorns and clog my outdoor air conditioning unit. I had previous estimates as high as $3500. that I could not afford. The crew from MyTreeService arrived and carefully removed with block and tackle all of the huge limbs hanging over the house with absolutely no limbs hitting my house, fence or nearby bushes. This was a logistical achievement that amazed me as I was very nervous that some damage could occur. All branches were cut up and removed and then the main trunk, which had a diameter of at least 4 feet, was then removed in sections and were then removed by forklift to a truck. This price included hauling all limbs and debris away as well as removal of the stump. This company showed me proof of insurance in case of any damage to my home. They completed this job in a day and a half, cleaned up all debris and I was very impressed with their professionalism. I would definitely hire them again and I highly recommend this company to anyone needing this service. Elaine Evans, Centralia, Il. 62801

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, PayPal