The Illuminators Outdoor Lighting

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2010

We, The Illuminators, strive to set the outdoor landscape lighting industry standard when it comes to quality and professionalism. How can we do this? It’s simple. Outdoor lighting is all we do – it’s our passion! We have chosen outdoor landscape lighting as our niche market. That gives us a

landscape lighting (112)lighting (32)electrician (31)

05/21/2020

Dennis H.

It was a great experience from start to finish. They responded quickly to my request for a proposal. Greg came out, listened to what i wanted and walked me through what they could do. He even made suggestions on how he could save me some money - something the other people I talked to didn't do. The written proposal came quickly, and i was very pleased with the detail and pricing. The installation was just completed - these guys clearly knew what they were doing - something you would expect but don't always see these days. The whole process from calling for a bid through to installation was a great experience. I recommend them whole heartedly.

Description of Work
I needed some repair and enhancement to my outdoor lighting

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the business! We really appreciate it and the great review!

04/29/2020

Shannon S.

From start to finish, Joe and his team were excellent to deal with! After calling and discussing our lighting needs, Joe’s crew came out and within hours, our landscaping lights were installed. We couldn’t wait until nightfall so that we could see how it looked. We couldn’t be more thrilled on how the new lights just illuminated our house. It wasn’t a dark house anymore! Our neighbors keep complimenting us on how bright and cozy our house looks as they turn the corner and see our house glowing! We love coming home at night and seeing how our house glows. We also have the added comfort of knowing that our house feels safer because of all the lights! They even added lights to our three big trees and and our flagpole. We would highly recommend The Illuminators for all of your landscaping lighting needs.

Description of Work
We had landscaping lights installed.

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Review for The Illuminators Outdoor Lighting - 616 E. Main St., Saint Charles, IL - 38530112

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate the kind words and business!

04/14/2020

Todd C.

We contacted several landscape lighting services but we decided to go with The Illuminators. We decided to go with them because they were very professional, courteous, on time, very knowledgeable about their products and what would look good! To say the least we are very satisfied with the quality and the finished product! I would recommend them to anyone that wanted a quality lighting system!

Description of Work
Landscape Lighting Installation

Category lighting

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

Thank you for the great review!

06/11/2019

Jim G.

Evan and Joe were outstanding! They were extremely professional and helpful. It was a difficult trouble shooting job but Evan figured it out and was able to explain the options in layman terms. I couldn't have been more pleased with their work. Super representatives of the company. Responsive, on time, and competent! My go to guys from now on. Jim G

Description of Work
repair some complicated outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

Thanks for the continued trust in our company and the great compliments! We look forward to serving you in the future when needed. Thank you!!

09/10/2018

Brian H.

This is a great company and I would definitely hire again. In fact, I did install additional lights after the initial installation. I am a very satisfied customer based on the professionalism and expertise of the illuminators. They delivered everything I asked for on time and it looks beautiful.

Description of Work
House outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

Thank you for the great review and the business!!! It is greatly appreciated!!! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

11/08/2017

Sheila F.

Fabulous and They did a great job fixing and setting everything again

Description of Work
Needed repair and servicing of our 75 lights outside. Did a great job.

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

10/15/2017

Ramana Y.

I do not have enough good things to say about this company. They are responsive, professional, honest, prompt, and the quality of their work was excellent. Joe, the owner was a pleasure to work with. He got back to me invariably within a couple of hours and his answers were always clear and concise. The gentlemen who came to the house were a pleasure to talk with. I am very happy to have done business with this company. I would have absolutely no reservations in recommending this company to family, friends,

Description of Work
We had a two part project in which The Illuminators did the lighting for the front of the house in April of 2017 and then they did the work our backyard/patio in October of 2017. Both were relatively extensive projects.

Category lighting, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

09/24/2017

Howard S.

It went very well and it was a very positive experience. In July Greg came to our home to inspect the scope of work that needed to be done and then promptly came back with a quote. In both instances of coming out to quote and completing the work, he was on time, polite, professional and his work was completed neatly. I am very impressed with The Illuminators. All correspondence via email was prompt as well. Thank you The Illuminators!

Description of Work
replace patio path lights and go from two (2) transformers down to one (1) transformer

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

08/06/2017

MIKE W.

amazing. we have used the illuminators for 3 years now and they have always gone out of their way as far as scheduling, service and price.

Description of Work
annual maintenance on our outdoor lighting systems (front and back) as well as a repair to one of the connections.

Work Completed On 08/06/2017

12/19/2016

DINA Z.

First, Joe (the owner?) was extremely responsive and patient throughout the entire process! I submitted a request and honestly wasn't even sure that they would take on such a small job. Joe agreed to do it, and then the waiting game began. I have The World's Worst Homeowners Association, who are extremely UNresponsive, and it was several months of back and forth with them before I was able to get the light installed. Robert (the installer) was super personable and even offered an idea for an alternative installation location so that the big silver box wasn't the first thing you see right next to the front door where the outlet is. He also explained how additional lights (such as path lights) can be added along the wiring in the future when my budget permits. I did think the price was a little high to begin with, but then again I also could never have done this myself!

Description of Work
I needed an outdoor spotlight installed, in order to shine on the house numbers so that they're visible from the street.

Work Completed On 10/21/2016

11/10/2016

R Scott P.

Excellent job. Quick turnaround. Quality materials. Friendly crew.

Description of Work
Installed low voltage exterior lights, including replacing the lights on my flagpole.

Work Completed On 09/12/2016

Review for The Illuminators Outdoor Lighting - 616 E. Main St., Saint Charles, IL - 33894747

10/02/2016

Richard F.

Excellent - They exceeded all of our expectations. We highly recommend them and will continue to call upon them as future projects evolve.

Description of Work
Back yard garden lighting was priced, designed, installed, and completed with the utmost professionalism - Joe was extremely professional during the bid process answering all of my questions in a prompt, satisfactory and polite manner; Rob and Greg were tremendous to work in terms of installation - their thoughts and suggestions were extremely helpful. The work was completed on time and with care not to disrupt existing plantings.

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

03/03/2016

DIANE N.

We loved working with this company. They did not try to over sell the amount of lights needed; quite the opposite. They said they could always add more lights after installation. Very responsive to questions. Very professional. After installation, we decided we wanted one additional light. They had it installed within a few days. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed outside lighting around the house.

Work Completed On 06/08/2015

11/05/2015

Beth K.

Nick from The Illuminator's came out and installed new outdoor lighting based on a discussion we'd had a month or so ago. He mounted lights under the eaves of my house, up in a tree, along a path, and installed some uplighting to highlight some trees (some of these lights we'd had installed by The Illuminator's a few years ago). The lights all look wonderful and Nick really hustled getting the new lights installed. Customer service is very important to The illuminator's and they will go out of their way to make sure that everything is the way you want it - even if they have to come back and tweak the lights a little.

Description of Work
Installed new outdoor lighting.

Work Completed On 11/05/2015

Thanks for the great review and the continued business! We really do appreciate the continued loyalty and the complete confidence you have in our company. We do try hard to be the best landscape lighting company in the Chicagoland area for all our customers. Thanks again!!

07/23/2015

Vincent S.

Nick and his crew were very clean, punctual, and installed the lighting in the appropriate locations without any problem. They did a nice job placing the transformers, and you cannot even tell where they dug the trenches to run the wiring underground. Nick and Joe are very professional and responsive. They offer a maintenance plan with email reminders. With this plan, they'll come out to your home a few times per year (as needed) to fix any problems, check bulbs, etc. I would recommend The Illuminators without reservation to anybody who has outdoor lighting needs. We plan on call them back to add lighting next spring as we add additional landscaping.

Description of Work
Nick and his team evaluated our outdoor lighting needs and did a complete install. We recently installed new landscaping and fencing at our home. Nick was able to make suggestions for the appropriate lighting

Work Completed On 07/22/2015

Thank you for the great review and the business!!! It is greatly appreciated!!! We look forward to working with you in the future!

04/20/2015

Raymond N.

This went great. Their service is a good job.

Description of Work
They did some lighting maintenance.

Work Completed On 04/16/2015

01/19/2015

Robert M.

I bought a big deal for this service. They were on time and it worked out well. The pricing was good and there were no issues.

11/12/2014

Angela L.

Very pleased with the results. They started off with low estimate of number of lights needed on the house. They explained it that is is better to start low and if we felt we wanted more, it would be easy to add. After the project was done, we did have them return to put in two more lights. They also came at night and made adjustments as needed per our request.

Description of Work
Outdoor lighting around the house and some landscape lights in the yard.

Work Completed On 10/20/2014

11/04/2014

Dwayne S.

They came when they indicated that they would and successfully did the repairs. That's all that's needed by us?professional, prompt, and knowledgeable of their trade/product.

Description of Work
repaired a landscape light and a break in the invisible fence they had previously installed.

Work Completed On 11/01/2014

10/21/2014

LYNDA H.

I had called another illumination company who took down all of my information and then never got back to me. However, luckily I contacted Nick and Joe from the Illuminators Outdoor Lighting Company and I couldn't have been happier. Nick came out promptly. He was very knowlegeable and he couldn't have been a nicer guy to work with. I told him what I wanted to accomplish, he drew up a plan, and the installation was done in a timely manner. If you're thinking of holiday decorating, you'd be wise to go to Nick and Joe at the Illuminators Outdoor Lighting Company. No job is too big or too small for them and I couldn't have been happier with my experience with this company.

Description of Work
Installation of uplighting on the house and trees, as well as plants.

Category electrician, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 08/18/2014

10/15/2014

JESSICA S.

It went well. Scheduling was fine as I recall. They did a good job and were thorough with the inspection.

Description of Work
They provided a landscape lighting inspection and general maintenance on the lights.

Work Completed On 07/02/2013

10/13/2014

Marcia K.

The Illuminators installed a low voltage landscape around the entirety of the perimeter of my home lighting system at my home in May 2013, which included uplight spoltlights directed at my home and a backyard tree, along with pathway lighting. I was extremely pleased with the project. I utilized the provider again for a spring tune up. I noticed two of the uplights were out the day before I was having an outdoor party, contacted the provider, and they provided emergency service the same day at no additional cost. The company is extremely responsive. They even allowed me to use a Angie's List discount coupon for the work! I highly recommend them for both installation of new lighting systems, and upgrade and service to existing systems.

Work Completed On 08/08/2014

10/08/2014

Jay S.

ld not have been more pFrom my first call to the installation this company could not have been more responsive and professional. They promptly came out to see the job and give me a quote. Followed up to see if I had any question. Revised the qyoute for some changes I wanted to make and scheduled the install. They arrived today right on time, reviewed the location of all lights and did the install. They use quality products/ The crew was polite, anxious to please and as they were leaving told my wife that if there were any issues we should call and they would return to fix the problem. Could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
The provider converted the system to LED, replacing 18 exisiting lights, and adding one new one